View Poll Results: Which browser(s) do you usually use for Travian?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mozilla Firefox

46 74.19%
  • Internet Explorer

12 19.35%
  • Safari

4 6.45%
  • Google Chrome

4 6.45%
  • Other

3 4.84%
  • Your mom

11 17.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Which browser do you primarily use?

Default Which browser do you primarily use?

Just out of curiosity. I've personally found Firefox to work best with Travian, what about you?

I might be strange, but I've found I have to use 2 different browsers because of Travian Tractor. I use IE7 for s2 and Opera for s3. That way I don't have to worry about being logged into the wrong tractor account for my server.

Opera definitely works better. When I need to shut down or restart it makes it easy to get back in the game. When I open the browser it resets me to where I was last, so all my tabs are open and ready to go.

I have heard that using Firefox is the best when you want to send out multiple attacks at the same time (within a few seconds). Is this true?
    Past servers:
    thereter of Flock from UK server 1 Round 3 and thereter/Pond of thAC0/QoD from US server 3, Round 2
    thereter of Flock usx round 8: Part of the hits on Hydro: My first and last endgame hammer.
    4655 @ 1000JAN11 EST

Firefox, hands down
    Scut Farkas, what a rotten name... We were trapped, there he stood, between us and the alley.
    In our world, you were either a bully, a toadie, or one of the nameless rabble of victims.

-Farkas S2
    -Farkas S5

If you wanna play Travian properly you need to use FireFox.

Outsidergua here is seeing how well it works with sending waves of certain things towards villages.

Firefox is the only browser I have on my computer.
    Anyone know of any good quotes to put here? If you do, then PM me a link to the post. I need more!

Quote Originally Posted by restricted View Post
    All I want for Christmas is to know what the meaning of 42 is. If life is 42, then what is 42?
    Quote Originally Posted by Old_Sparta View Post
    When life gives you lemondades, throw em back to the other sucker, and put in your own **** lemons.

Quote Originally Posted by thereter View Post
    I have heard that using Firefox is the best when you want to send out multiple attacks at the same time (within a few seconds). Is this true?
    With Firefox, you can open multiple tabs and set up many attacks and send them within seconds of each other.

I believe the latest IE explorer has tabs too. But i think Firefox is simpler and more efficient than IE.
    Liberate your mind

I personally use Firefox, really solid browser, virtually never have any lag. IE is too buggy for my tastes.

I used to use opera then I screwed it up by seeing how many tabs I could open. Now whenever I open opera it just errors.
    Signature.

I was using Google Chrome but then it crashed a lot so I got rid of it. IE does have tabs, they're just no convenient.
    Anyone know of any good quotes to put here? If you do, then PM me a link to the post. I need more!

Quote Originally Posted by restricted View Post
    All I want for Christmas is to know what the meaning of 42 is. If life is 42, then what is 42?
    Quote Originally Posted by Old_Sparta View Post
    When life gives you lemondades, throw em back to the other sucker, and put in your own **** lemons.

Wow no Mac users?

Quote Originally Posted by User View Post
    Wow no Mac users?
    Hah!

Firefox; Only browser I have on Ubuntu.

I do have IE on my laptop but still gotta go with Firefox!
    a.k.a. Manther

S4: S4r3- Jazzy Jeff *deleted* DED (S4r2 -Teezy WP)
    S2: (S2r2 - Irishhawk) S3r3 - d0b
    usX:
    History of us4
    Glip be pimpin'
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    I think PEWBA gets the bronze medal, RC gets the silver and Ded got the gold.

Wow no Mac users?
    There are a few of us.

Firefox

When I sit people they got in google chrome, and then IE

-w_w

90% of teens today would die if Myspace was completely destroyed. If you are one of the 10% that would be laughing, copy and paste this to your signature.

I use google chrome for the forums and other random things because it is the quickest. But I use firefox for in game stuff because it is the most efficient.
    1-877-2LOV-MPP

Quote Originally Posted by Stupidus View Post
    If you wanna play Travian properly you need to use FireFox.

Outsidergua here is seeing how well it works with sending waves of certain things towards villages.
    The newest versions of IE do have the tabs feature available.
    But that still allows for a second or two between waves.

Re-sizing wave windows with IE has proved almost an impossible task for the last three years.
    That's the main reason I keep using FireFox. Plus, IE seems to hog memory resources in more consistent basis. Hence lagging and giving more windows of opportunity for defensive troops to break my attacking waves.

Wow no Mac users?
    On my mac I use firefox. I just am used to it and I like the addon ability.
    ~De Arimasu

For those here who use Your mom as a Web browser, what advantages does that offer?

Firefox works best for me at home. Fast. Easy tabs.

At work, I don't have an option. IE is all that is available. Slower than Firefox, but since it is a standard, it doesn't tweak on obscure sites.

I tried Chrome, and it was nice, but buggy. Not specifically here, but with other sites I use regularly.

I want one browser to serve all of my needs. I see promise in Chrome, but it isn't there yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Bag of Clowns View Post
    For those here who use Your mom as a Web browser, what advantages does that offer?
    It's there when you need it. Not a whole lot going on with it. Has the features that most other browsers do. One downer tho: If you give it too much activity, it crashes on you.

firefox ftw
    anything else ftl
    Chicks are like parking spots, the good ones are taken and the free ones are handicapped.

Energizer Bunny arrested, charged with battery.