Thread: Translation Errors

Default Translation Errors

Hey all,

There should have been a fairly large translation update today that I've been working on for quite a while, so I thought now would be an ideal time to find out any errors you may have noticed. If you've spotted anything then please post below in the following format, and I'll edit your post to say when it is done (not the changes don't effect the game immediatly).

Format:
    Link to Page error is on:
    Text containing error:
    Description of error:
    Suggested new text:
    Example:
    Link to Page error is on: http://s8.travian.us/doesntexist.php
    Text containing error: If you want to play then you should first regitr
    Description of error: Register is spelt wrong
    Suggested new text: If you want to play then you should first register
    Thanks all!

|Travian Manual|Forum Rules|Server Rules|
    "Veni, Vidi, Victus sum"

Had a gripe with this one and someone wanted to jump down my throat:

Link to Page error is on: http://s2.travian.us/manual.php?typ=4&gid=35

Text containing error: In the Brewery tasty drinks are brewed. These drinks make your subjects more content with your reign and won't be as easy to persuade to join another king's empire as normal.

Description of error: Basically: Romans are to Horse Drinking Pool as Gauls are to Trappers as... you get the rest.

Suggested new text: In the Brewery tasty drinks are brewed. These drinks make your subjects more content with your reign and won't be as easy to persuade to join another king's empire as normal. This building is only available to Teutons and can only be built in a village which is the capital.
    CURRENT MULTIHUNTER ON THE FOLLOWING SERVER(S):
    US Speed (USx)

Note: That I cannot discuss details of account suspensions here on the forum. To that end, if your account has been suspended, PLEASE CONTACT THE MULTIHUNTER IN-GAME VIA IGM. I cannot offer much assistance to you here on the Forums.

Note: Multihunter accounts are like dual accounts. Therefore, I'm NOT the only Multihunter on the server I Multihunt. Please direct complaints about the Multihunter for your server to either CM Minke, HMH Feanor, or KoDT. Or address an email to admin@travian.us.

Default Natar Artifact announcement mistranslation.

Link containing error:http://s8.travian.us/nachrichten.php
    Text containing error:Their warriors are claiming their secular rights to rule over these lands.
    Error: Secular doesn't make any sense in this sentence.
    Suggested replacement: I think the writer was looking for the word "sacred"

I read your all article here. Translate into your native language is in effect a law for good reason. The problem of Poland, of course, is that there is a lack of native speakers of English who can translate from Polish. It seems that the word "translator" in itself implies something mechanical, and shows, often incomprehensible. To keep the mood and keep alive the translation can be found in need of a healthy piece of interpretation have been mixed in.
    §3.2: Advertisements and Spam

Any form of advertising, whether it be for sales on another site or referral links, are strictly forbidden in posts on the forum. Members that violate this rule face an immediate permanent ban without prior warning. This applies to external links that have such content as well. Travian-related referral links are allowed in signatures but must not be in the body of posts.

Browser crashers are strictly forbidden and will be severely punished if posted on the forums as they violate the Etiquette rule as well as rule 3.

Link Containing Error: http://s5.travian.us/warsim.php
    Text Containing Error: Zustimmung um 20-25% gesenkt
    Error: When you select a chief it give you that which is in German.
    Suggested Text: Loyalty reduced by [insert percentile]

This link is very important. I read this article. Many kind of parson are suffer for Translate error.

Have you any solution for this kind of problem?

Quote Originally Posted by David krsty View Post
    Have you any solution for this kind of problem?
    I have the same problem here... did you find any solution?

Thanks!
    pisos en badal
    Last edited by adrianbrito; 08-27-2012 at 06:31 PM.

Great even I have also find such translation errors but later on it gets resolved itself.

Thanks! That helped me a lot

Greetings!

Default Translation Errors

I enjoyed reading this. Never even crosses my mind to think or say any of those meaningless terms.

I immediately lose respect for the person who types anything like that. Where is the common sense..?

have you solved the problem?