Thread: Paypal banned?

Default Paypal banned?

Ok, so one of our members was banned due to paypal screwing up a gold transaction. paypal did a wrongful chargeback of $5.99 to Travian, and now the account is has been banned. And the worst part is that Travian said the account has no way to unbane the account, even if the issue was fixed... which i think is crap, i have had multihunter delete banned accounts so i could settle croppers, remove oasis ownerships from banned accounts so i could take them, and your telling me they can't unbane an account for something this stupied!?

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopa View Post
    Ok, so one of our members was banned due to paypal screwing up a gold transaction. paypal did a wrongful chargeback of $5.99 to Travian, and now the account is has been banned. And the worst part is that Travian said the account has no way to unbane the account, even if the issue was fixed... which i think is crap, i have had multihunter delete banned accounts so i could settle croppers, remove oasis ownerships from banned accounts so i could take them, and your telling me they can't unbane an account for something this stupied!?
    I Couldn't agree more.. it doesn't make scene to sell a product & if a transaction goes bad for ANY reason be it the fault of the individual the merchant or the middleman to indefinitely remove that customer..
    [5:23:10 PM] Doobie: damnit waaar .. lol just tell me how much of what

yeah, and its a top 40 account to... not just some little crap account. Maybe the person that made the call to pera-bane the account is friends with one of his farms. X.x

This has happened before to a player from a server I was on before. The only thing he could do was restart so he said forget it.

Travian does not care about reasons NO MATTER WHAT the player gets banned for $$$$ issues. Even if they are given complete and total proof it is not their fault and whoes fault it is. They will still get banned and banned for a longtime. Travian does not care about its players, only money. Especially the good ones. They want all the thousands of little kiddies to keep buying, they dont really care about the 50-100 that spend the most with the best accounts.
    1: RL, 2:jaruby, 3ika, 4:tabmaster, 5:ksd, 6:Noob Juice, 7:jabberwocky, 8:Mysteryman 9:Mel Gibson 10:morbid 11:had a daughter 12:FTW 13: morbid 14: NOOOO 15: infected 20: Thrawn 22: wtfdibrom 23: Ash Ketchum

Mace are like bees... a few of them are easy to deal with but a swarm will kill you!!!

That really sucks, I know that kind of junk happens on other games I play ( private Ragnarok servers) but I really would not expect it from travian.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    I proceeded to call him a noob, not knowing that he was the head dev.
    Jono
    I would have done the same.

This happened to a member in my alliance last round. The worst part was that I was his sitter and I bought him the gold to try and help him out. It didn't make sense why there was a charge back either, plenty of money in the account.

I now use only credit cards....seems safer since the only time i heard of banning for charge backs erroneously was when people were using pay pal.

I agree that permanent banning is unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by nikka View Post
    This happened to a member in my alliance last round. The worst part was that I was his sitter and I bought him the gold to try and help him out. It didn't make sense why there was a charge back either, plenty of money in the account.

I now use only credit cards....seems safer since the only time i heard of banning for charge backs erroneously was when people were using pay pal.

I agree that permanent banning is unnecessary.
    It happens with credit cards also so be careful.
    1: RL, 2:jaruby, 3ika, 4:tabmaster, 5:ksd, 6:Noob Juice, 7:jabberwocky, 8:Mysteryman 9:Mel Gibson 10:morbid 11:had a daughter 12:FTW 13: morbid 14: NOOOO 15: infected 20: Thrawn 22: wtfdibrom 23: Ash Ketchum

Mace are like bees... a few of them are easy to deal with but a swarm will kill you!!!

Whoopa before this thread is locked or removed I sent you a PM with the proper way to handle this. If you have any further questions please feel free to to contact me or have your player contact me via pm here on the boards.

Murdok
    Multihunter
    .us?
    The power of Murdok......
    wow i love that Murdok guy he ain't even a Mh anymore but i am still scared he will ban me lol

... Reputation and respect are earned, not given, no matter how big your ban-stick may be. He ain't no Murdok.

I'm only going to say it once; discussion of bans (either in-game or on the forums) is against the rules. If you wish to appeal a ban, you can IGM the Multihunter; if you are dissatisfied with the response from the Multihunter, or if you don't receive a response within 24 hours, you can then e-mail the admin (admin@travian.us).

Any more posts about bans of any sort will be rewarded - with a ban from the forums.

-Glambo