Thread: Artifacts

Default Artifacts

How to capture:
    Attack a village that holds the artifact you wish to conquer. You must destroy any standing Treasury and send your hero on normal attack. This can be a single wave, but the hero must live. The village that sends the hero must have an empty Treasury of the appropriate level (10 for small, 20 for large/unique). Newly captured (or transferred) artifacts will be inactive for 24 hours (12 on a speed server).

Types:
    From the announcement:
    More steady Buildings
    All buildings are 2 or 3 times stronger ( 5 times for the unique artifact). This means that you will need
    more catapults to damage buildings protected by this artifact's powers.

Faster Troops
    Troops are 1.5 or 2 times faster (3 times for the unique artifact)

Less wheat consumption
    All troops in the artifact's range use 25% less wheat with the account-wide artifact, 50% less wheat with the village artifact, and 50% less wheat for the whole account with the unique artifact.

Faster troop building
    Troops are built 25% faster with the account-wide artifact, 50% faster with the village artifact, and 50% faster for the whole account with the unique artifact.

Building plan for Great Warehouse and Great Granary
    With that building plan you are able to build the Great Granary or Great Warehouse in that Village or
    the whole account depending on the artifact. As long as you posses that artifact you are able
    to build and enlarge those buildings. There is no unique version.

Larger Cranny and random-aim
    Crannies hold 100 times more resources with the account-wide artifact, 200 times more resources with the village artifact, and 500 times more for the unique artifact. Catapults can only shoot random on villages within this artifacts power. Exceptions are the WW and Treasure Chamber when you have the unique artifact only.

Better Scouts + show incoming troops
    All Scouts are 3 times stronger with the account-wide artifact, 5 times stronger with the village artifact, and 10 times stronger for the whole account with the unique artifact. In addition with all versions of this artifact you can see the incoming TYPE of troops but not how many there are.

Artifact of the Fool
    Every 24 hours it gets a random effect, bonus, or penalty (all are possible). They change effect AND
    scope every 24 hours. There are only two sizes, 10 normal, 1 unique. The unique artifact only gives bonus effects.

Sizes:
    Each type will have 6 small, 4 large, and 1 unique artifact, spawned around the map. Small artifacts affect only the village, large artifacts affect the account, as do unique artifacts. However, the artifact of the fool will change scope and effect every 24 hours.

Q&A/Random points:
    Name, as well as effect, will be listed in the Treasure Chamber.

All artifacts spawn randomly in a certain area - radial from center (0|0) and equal in all 4 quadrants. Unique artifacts are displayed close to center (roughly 0->50 all directions), large artifacts (50->150 all directions), small artifacts (150->300 all directions). The exact ranges depend on the size of the server.

Natar defenses will be greatest for unique artifacts, least for small artifacts. The exact strength will vary from server to server, based on the average hammer strength.

Artifacts held by an account that is deleted will be deleted. The game admin may have the lost artifacts respawned.

If a village with an artifact is zeroed, it will be completely destroyed, but remain on the map, artifact intact.

Account-wide artifacts affect the WW village, but not the WW building.

Artifacts do not go into effect until 24 hours after they are captured. 12 hours on speed servers.

Players may only hold 3 hero conquered artifacts (only one may be account scope) at a time. This works like oases, but is account specific, not related to the hero or village. Losing one opens the opportunity to take another.

Conquering a village with an artifact will transfer ownership of the artifact, regardless of how many artifacts the conqueror owns. However, only the 3 longest held artifacts will be active (single longest held account-scope artifact).

Building stability affects are multiplied with the stonemason. For example, the 4x village scope artifact and a lvl 20 stonemason make buildings 12x more stable.

Building stability artifacts affect walls.

Crop consumption artifacts work in the WW village and in conjunction with the Horse Drinking Trough. The HDT bonus takes effect first, then the artifact bonus. However, the artifact bonus is applied to all the troops at once, rounded up. Example: a lvl 15 HDT and 50% small artifact. 1 EI will consume 1 wheat. 2 EI will consume 1 wheat.

Troop speed artifacts work exactly like the Tournament Square, without the 30 space restriction. The bonuses are multiplicative, once the TS takes effect.

Effects of random target artifact.
    -If the attacker targets a resource field, any resource field may get hit
    -If the attacker targets a building, any building may get hit
    -If the attacker targets the Wonder of the World, the hit succeeds
    -If the attacker targets the Treasure Chamber, the TC is hit except if the defender owns the unique artifact. In that case any building may get hit.

Village scope artifacts will overwrite the effect of any account scope artifact of the same type.

The Artifact of the Fool can take the effect of any other, except the construction plans for the Wonder of the World and the Great Warehouses and Granaries.
    Last edited by Wren; 09-18-2010 at 03:00 AM.
    Retired.
    s3r2: Deakon - Nemesis/WFTW (winnarz!!) ...... s6r2: Anon - CD (lulz, failtrain)...... s1r4: Trogdor - 7RU

2 things

1.) I have a 2x speed artifact and with a lv 20 TS my troops move 6x faster past 30 squares. I believe the 3x works the same making troops 9x faster past 30 squares.

2.) I would get confirmation on the random hit effect of cranny artifacts from someone in game because it does not have it in the description. I had thought only the unique did this.

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    Building stability artifacts affect walls.
    This was supposed to be true, but doesn't appear to be working correctly (stonemason IS affecting walls, so I think the wrong field got changed).

Another point from Travian Help
    HINT: After one month of the artefacts being added to a server, any artefact that is still in a Natar village will become active with the associated benefits being applied to that Natar village / account as appropriate.
    This was particularly funny on S8 where the unique cranny artifact was not taken during the first month, so all of the remaining Natar controlled artifacts were protected by the "cats fire on random" rule.
    S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie (night shift) S5-r3 Tyche (night shift) S7-r3 Chuckles (night shift)
    S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country (day shift) S5-r7(AEU) Office Space S19-r2 (SE) The Joker

Quote Originally Posted by The Future is a Lie View Post
    2 things

1.) I have a 2x speed artifact and with a lv 20 TS my troops move 6x faster past 30 squares. I believe the 3x works the same making troops 9x faster past 30 squares.

2.) I would get confirmation on the random hit effect of cranny artifacts from someone in game because it does not have it in the description. I had thought only the unique did this.
    1 - correct, did i post something else?

2 - confirmed
    Quote Originally Posted by description, according to tech support
    Nothing can be targeted with catapults except the
    Wonder of the World and the Treasury.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tineren View Post
    This was supposed to be true, but doesn't appear to be working correctly (stonemason IS affecting walls, so I think the wrong field got changed).
    I believe this has been reported as a bug.
    Retired.
    s3r2: Deakon - Nemesis/WFTW (winnarz!!) ...... s6r2: Anon - CD (lulz, failtrain)...... s1r4: Trogdor - 7RU

I noticed in the Artifacts discussion thread that you said you were not sure if they stacked.

I noticed in the Artifacts discussion thread that you said you were not sure if they stacked.
    I will check, but my bet is multiplicative stacking.
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    I will check, but my bet is multiplicative stacking.
    I actually have one and have checked the numbers, few people seemed to notice it though.

http://forum.travian.us/showpost.php...&postcount=166

I actually have one and have checked the numbers, few people seemed to notice it though.

http://forum.travian.us/showpost.php...&postcount=166
    oh, wow, thanks.
    Retired.

Whoa... I want to have a ghost hammer now. You could hit any place on the map in under 3 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll&Hyde View Post
    Whoa... I want to have a ghost hammer now. You could hit any place on the map in under 3 hours.
    Combine that with ~25-50 TT fakes scattered in the general area when attacking active alliances.
    Remember, this is an online forum. I have just as much poo to fling as you do.

http://forum.travian.us/attachment.p...1&d=1247465912

Quote Originally Posted by MokMonster View Post
    So if you can suck a golf bar through a garden hose and are willing to do so for the biggest/safest/most-survivalist man around, you will most likely live as long as he will.

My thoughts while reading:

Small and large cranny artifacts effect everything except for the TC, unique effects the TC, so it is basically impossible to capture the unique from someone

All you have to do for the speed ones is figure out what your travel time would be with your TC, then multiply by whatever the multiplier is (2x or whatever)

the radius of small and large artifacts seems to be random, or at least the possible radiuses overlap, since there are sometimes smalls closer than larges.

Also, the fact that larges spawn in squares and smalls in hexagons means that the diagonally opposite quads will have the same small and large artifacts. For example, the SW and NE will have the same, and the SE and NW will have the same ones, except for the uniques.

The modifier on natar defenses is as follows: large defenses are 1.5 times stronger than smalls, and uniques are 1.5 times stronger than larges. For example, if the small had 1000 wheat in troops, the large would have 1500 and the uniques would have 2250.

Fools artifacts can be great granary/great warehouse plans

having experienced artifacts, the tips I would give people preparing for them are:

1. Level 20 TCs are more expensive than you think, build it in advance. It costs like 3 million resources, so don't expect to gold it up in a couple of hours.

2. Large spy artifacts are better than people tend to think. People seem to be dazzled by the troop builds and stuff, but large spy artifacts basically make fakes useless on you, so you never have to defend against a fake again. Perfect for the lazy player.
    pew pew pew