Thread: Marketplace- Time

Default Marketplace- Time

My merchants come later then the ones that are coming to me. Always. So my guys go the other place, then the other guys marchants come later.(Takes a while)
    "If I fall in Battle I'll rise again with a shining sword"

The difference in tribes is the reason for the difference in merchant speed.

Romanic merchants can carry 500 resources at 16 fields/hour.
    Gallic merchants can carry 750 resources at 24 fields/hour.
    Teutonic merchants can carry 1000 resources at 12 fields/hour.

I don't get it. I'm not in a Tribe...

Quote Originally Posted by L33T View Post
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure you are...

Are you Roman Teuton or Gaul?
    Quote Originally Posted by El Che View Post
    why can't women drive?

By tribes he means Gauls, Romans, and Teutons.

Yes, you are. Everyone plays as a Roman, Gaul, or Teuton (except the NPCs, Nature and the Natars).

OH....I'm Roman..

OH....I'm Roman..
    Read my edit.

Now I get it.

Your question is slightly confusing, so to make sure I answer it:

You see a trade on the market, and it shows the time that it will take for the other guy's merchants to reach your farm

When you accept the trade, both your merchants and the other guy's move. As a Roman, if you trade with a gaul, their merchants will get to you before yours will get to them. Teutons move slower than you. Then, your merchants will return home, and will not be home for a while after the other guys have already delivered their stuff. I hope that explains it.

Marketplace

Prerequisites: Main Building level 3, Warehouse level 1, Granary level 1

At the Marketplace, you can trade resources with other players. The higher its level, the more resources can be transported at the same time. Each level of the Marketplace enables the use of another merchant. Each merchant can carry resources to a destination and they may be sent individually or in teams. The amount of resources a merchant can carry and their speed depend on their tribe. Merchant resource capacity can be increased with the Trade Office.

When you enter the marketplace, you will see there are 4 sections that you can choose from:

Send resources

You can send resources from this screen by filling in the form. When you click 'ok', you get a confirmation screen about the information you filled in. Make sure this information is right, as you would not be the first to send resources to a complete stranger because of filling in wrong coordinates or village name. Note that several villages can have the same name, so it is much safer to type in the coordinates of the village you are sending resources to. Click ‘ok’ again to send the resources.

Buy

Used to buy resources from other players. If you have enough resources, you can click the ‘Accept offer' link at the right of an offer and the merchants will be on the way. Note that the travelling time displayed is how long the offer will take to reach your; your merchants travel time may differ due to tribe differences.

Be careful, once you have clicked a link the offer is immediately accepted, there is no confirmation screen like in the 'Send resources' screen.

Sell

Here you can place your own offers on the Marketplace and wait for them to be accepted by other players.

Because you do not want your merchant(s) to be on the way for days as a better offer might come or you need them for other reasons, you should set the maximum time of transport. You also have the option of trading with only members of your alliance.

NPC Merchant

Here you can trade with the game, in a 1:1 ratio, meaning that you can turn your 500 lumber, 400 clay, 300 iron and 4000 crop into 1500 lumber, 1400 clay, 1300 iron and 1000 crop, or any combination you choose and the transaction takes place immediately. It isn’t free, however, and each transaction costs 3 gold.

Note that any of your trades that are set up during an attack are cancelled afterwards, and any resources put up that are not protected can be stolen by the attacking force. The marketplace cannot be used as an extra cranny, but can be used as an extra warehouse/granary if used wisely. Only one Marketplace may be present in a village, with a maximum of 20 merchants.

*Most credit goes to Wren, the manual, and minor changes made by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Channingman View Post
    You see a trade on the market, and it shows the time that it will take for the other guy's merchants to reach your farm
    That made me lol.

It's not nice to dig at the newbies... but that one was funny.
    MokMonster does not support, condone or agree with anything written in this post.
    Any suggestions to the contrary are purely unintentional.
    (Unless you agreed with it -- then I totally said it)

Quote Originally Posted by MokMonster View Post
    That made me lol.

It's not nice to dig at the newbies... but that one was funny.
    I swear, it was unintentional. I was trying to work out the number of 150% 15c's with Wren at the time. Freudian slip, I guess. Lol...