Thread: When do YOU like to start new servers?

Default When do YOU like to start new servers?

I was just interested to see when everyone prefers to start servers.
    I know its been said that it isn't always good to start the moment the server starts because the farms will move away quicker.
    I was thinking maybe shortly after the server starts (a few hours) Just so that you are further out, and it seems to me that that will give you better access to farms...But I'm not sure. What do you say?

**I'm fighting a war with myself on what time EXACTLY I want to start on S3...**

Default well

I usually start 3 days out. So you can raid people before your BP is out. But sometimes I'll start a week in. I don't start the first day because all the hardcore teutons will be there.

I used to start 3 days in, to start hitting people dropping BP as soon as I spawn. With 3.6 I may need to reconsider this as micro raiding is out of the question. I'd say a start right about the end of week one would be where I go.

Note I generally do spawn an account as soon as the server starts then immediately hit delete on it, you can still use it to find croppers (wait thats now a useless skill I have) and track where people are spawning and inactives.
    If you are reading this my post is already over, move along.

It all depends on your play style. The most common recommendation that I've seen for aggressive players is to start on day three, and immediately start raiding people as they come out of BP.

Personally, I like to start on day one, a little later than the 6:00 am start, so I can have a little bit of an infrastructure, and then make sure I get troops before I come out of BP, but I play Roman.

I prefer to start 4 hours before BP ends on a normal server or 2 hours before BP ends on a speed server starts if I am teuton. If I am romans or gauls I prefer starting right at the beginning.
    ^Spam alert.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theironcladlad View Post
    NAPs obviously mean fail, I assure you they are synonyms.
    vDeleted ftw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nortac View Post
    No lynch is gay. Seriously. I heard him and Abstain got a thing going on.

I appreciate all the advice. :-) Thanks guys!

go for the blue ribbon!

1st minute of week 3

The 3rd day advice is based on Nailzz's guide, which is timed for speed servers. it's also very old, and needs to be questioned.
    Retired.
    s3r2: Deakon - Nemesis/WFTW (winnarz!!) ...... s6r2: Anon - CD (lulz, failtrain)...... s1r4: Trogdor - 7RU

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    go for the blue ribbon!

1st minute of week 3

The 3rd day advice is based on Nailzz's guide, which is timed for speed servers. it's also very old, and needs to be questioned.
    hah for sure! Thanks Wren :-)

Having a life, and not taking the time to edit this.

I have tried for theblue ribbon a few times.... but I never thought to start on the 3rd day in......

I usually give people a few days headstart just for the amusement in it

Start immediately if you're a Teuton.

One of the 3.5 changes was a swap in how people spawned. Instead of spawning three days late and jumping into the middle of a bunch of people out of BP, you spawn near others in BP now. There's not really much reason to delay if you're going heavy raiding.

Gaul/Roman... you can argue waiting a bit is effective just to get you outside the radius of the day 1 droppers who tend to be insanely active.

I've never started a server that early, but if I did, I would start 2-3 days after.
    "If I fall in Battle I'll rise again with a shining sword"