Thread: Insomnia

Default Insomnia

So it's 2:30 AM in the morning and again I find myself trolling message boards, playing Travian, checking facebook, and checking me e-mail. I can't seem to go to sleep, despite the fact that barley anyone else I know is awake let alone on-line. Even if I manage to turn my laptop off, I know I'll spend another hour on my itouch.

I'll probably be up till around 4AM. I'm a college student and I really should be going to sleep, but I can't.

Does anyone else suffer from insomnia (if this is insomnia)? I think Travian has made it worse for me so some of you have got to be having the same problem.

Post your late night woes here or your solutions to fighting the urge to stay up.

Or just chat.....

I miss talking to people - perhaps I need to move to a forum with people in a predominantly different time zone- although that might make my problem worse :\

im afraid of insomnia.... i have trouble getting to sleep and take melatonin to help it

I take melatonin too, which helps a little - but for me it's actually deciding to shut everything off and go to sleep.

Hmm - 4 AM and I'm still up

Villager

Exclamation I had the same problem but I fixed it :)

I used to have this I'm guessing what you have is a mild case of insomnia, basically your body clock has messed up, I created my own way to alter my body clock its going to sound daft but stay with me.

Right one day I went to bed really early morning like 5-6am and the next day i woke up at something stupid like 3-4pm then I stayed awake that night, all night, right the way until 6pm the next day then I was so knackered I conked out asleep then I woke up at 4am the next day then from then on you can sort your body clock out slowly until its perfect, alarm clocks do help though.

that is basically all I did and now i get up at 6am everyday, it sounds daft but it works and you have to properly man the all nighter out otherwise you will just make it worse lol so its a have to do basis.

MORE INFO: Computers stimulate your brain so come off about 2 hours before you plan on sleeping and watch some TV preferably comedy or anything else relaxing, a bath for example, then when 2 hours is up and say the time is 10-11pm go up to bed and put a relaxation tape in your cd player and listen to it and you should fall asleep. BUT I tried this and it didnt work (everybody is different though)I suggest you try this first and if it doesnt work try my first suggestion, but if your a student make sure you try the 1st suggestion on a weekend.

Hope I helped if you have any questions just PM me Im always happy to help people like this because I know what its like, Its awful not being able to sleep when you really want to.
    Last edited by Paradisefalls; 01-29-2010 at 11:22 AM.
    Server 6 -MV-

I Dont use punctuation on here!!!
    This doesnt mean I dont have punctuation when I was only 12 years old I had a poem published in a book!!!
    I dont care if you dont like me! I dont care if you dont like my attitude! I'm a free guy leave me be!

Quote Originally Posted by Paradisefalls View Post
    Right one day I went to bed really early morning like 5-6am and the next day i woke up at something stupid like 3-4pm then I stayed awake that night, all night, right the way until 6pm the next day then I was so knackered I conked out asleep then I woke up at 4am the next day then from then on you can sort your body clock out slowly until its perfect, alarm clocks do help though.
    I will have to try that. Thanks.

OK - I'm getting up now, taking out my contacts, and going to sleep!

Villager

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysonline View Post

Your welcome

kk goodnight.
    Server 6 -MV-

I Dont use punctuation on here!!!
    This doesnt mean I dont have punctuation when I was only 12 years old I had a poem published in a book!!!
    I dont care if you dont like me! I dont care if you dont like my attitude! I'm a free guy leave me be!

That is good. get some rest.

i have real problems with sleeping, mostly this is due to the fact that i work shifts.
    i really struggle with the transition between working days and nights going back to days again.
    TBH i have tried every sugestion and short of using pills (which i hate) i cant find a solution that works

I have awful insomnia, usually I can't get to sleep until about 4:30 am.

So it's 2:30 AM in the morning and again I find myself trolling message boards, playing Travian, checking facebook, and checking me e-mail. I can't seem to go to sleep, despite the fact that barley anyone else I know is awake let alone on-line. Even if I manage to turn my laptop off, I know I'll spend another hour on my itouch.

I'll probably be up till around 4AM. I'm a college student and I really should be going to sleep, but I can't.

Does anyone else suffer from insomnia (if this is insomnia)? I think Travian has made it worse for me so some of you have got to be having the same problem.

Post your late night woes here or your solutions to fighting the urge to stay up.

Or just chat.....

I miss talking to people - perhaps I need to move to a forum with people in a predominantly different time zone- although that might make my problem worse :\
    One time I couldnt sleep all night cause it was way too hot...

OK - I'm getting up now, taking out my contacts, and going to sleep![/QUOTE]

Merchant

Or just chat.....

A hammer to the head always works well if you really want to fall asleep.