Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 80 of 1066

Thread: Empire Building RPG 2!!

  1. #41
    Philosopher General Noobington's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    They know.
    Posts
    1,670

    Default

    a lot of pointless arguing at the end too....

  2. #42
    Philosopher i own u's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Gone for now
    Posts
    3,614

    Default

    Bu thats how every RPG ends noob

    Except greek gods kids RPG!

  3. #43

    Default

    Before you guys make sheets vote in the new poll.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Che View Post
    why can't women drive?

  4. #44

    Scarecrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Just below the tropic of Capricorn.
    Posts
    6,274

    Default

    What I gather from the wiki articles is that low and high fantasy just refer to the setting...As in world within world or parallel universe type stuff. Not magical type stuff..... In any case I say no fanstasy.

    Don't need more whackos running round pretending to shoot firebolts from the whackytobaccy stick.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonothan Crane
    Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.

  5. #45
    Philosopher General Noobington's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    They know.
    Posts
    1,670

    Default

    I thought the difference was something like, one has alchemy, and maybe a different race, (low fantasy)
    and the other has talking dragons, and boogiemonsters...
    Wikki has proved me wrong once again.....

    EDIT: I vote low fantasy.
    Last edited by General Noobington; 02-24-2011 at 06:45 PM.

  6. #46
    Philosopher DeLink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bweh.
    Posts
    6,853

    Default

    I vote low fantasy.

    A good example of low fantasy in a war-like setting is the Fire Emblem game series.
    The magical elements consisted of:
    Mystical Creatures (Dragon, peagasus, zombie, etc.)
    Magical Stones (Which really don't have a place in empire...)
    Magic: (Four types: Elemental, fireballs and stuff, Light, basically just lighting..., Darkness, balls of darkness and draining type magic, and Healing, pretty self-explanatory.)

    Even with all these elements, steel and iron still played a major part in the games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ze Spy
    So listen up boy, or pornography starring your mother will be the second worst thing that happens to you today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeno View Post
    I used to think Delink was a guy, then a girl, then a lesbian and now i think he's a bisexual robot from the future sent back as a practical joke to screw with our heads.
    Quote Originally Posted by cheddar View Post
    OOC: I don't think I want or am ready for a lesbian take-over.
    http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/4060/delink.jpg

  7. #47
    Philosopher Principal Brian Lewis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Langley Falls
    Posts
    7,728

    Default

    Can I still has play?

    If so I votez no fantasy

  8. #48

    Default

    2 fur low 2 fur nun.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Che View Post
    why can't women drive?

  9. #49

    Scarecrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Just below the tropic of Capricorn.
    Posts
    6,274

    Default

    None pl0x.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonothan Crane
    Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.

  10. #50
    Philosopher i own u's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Gone for now
    Posts
    3,614

    Default

    Ill take none to

  11. #51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    In any case I say no fanstasy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    None pl0x.
    No double vote .

    2 low, 3 nun.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Che View Post
    why can't women drive?

  12. #52
    Philosopher DeLink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bweh.
    Posts
    6,853

    Default

    When are we starting?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ze Spy
    So listen up boy, or pornography starring your mother will be the second worst thing that happens to you today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeno View Post
    I used to think Delink was a guy, then a girl, then a lesbian and now i think he's a bisexual robot from the future sent back as a practical joke to screw with our heads.
    Quote Originally Posted by cheddar View Post
    OOC: I don't think I want or am ready for a lesbian take-over.
    http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/4060/delink.jpg

  13. #53
    Philosopher General Noobington's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    They know.
    Posts
    1,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeLink View Post
    I vote low fantasy.

    A good example of low fantasy in a war-like setting is the Fire Emblem game series.
    The magical elements consisted of:
    Mystical Creatures (Dragon, peagasus, zombie, etc.)
    Magical Stones (Which really don't have a place in empire...)
    Magic: (Four types: Elemental, fireballs and stuff, Light, basically just lighting..., Darkness, balls of darkness and draining type magic, and Healing, pretty self-explanatory.)

    Even with all these elements, steel and iron still played a major part in the games.
    Good God, that sounds too high fantasy for me lol, changed vote to no fantasy...

  14. #54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeLink View Post
    Soop, are you playing this time?

    And I'm reading the last empire thread, and DK posted over 200 times, you posted a little over 60. Are you going to be having that schedule again?



    Also, no fantasy.

  15. #55

    Default

    Meh, ok so no fantasy. Make sheets...
    Quote Originally Posted by El Che View Post
    why can't women drive?

  16. #56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by supercomputers View Post
    Meh, ok so no fantasy. Make sheets...
    Format?

  17. #57

    Default

    Bottom of the OP.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Che View Post
    why can't women drive?

  18. #58

    Scarecrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Just below the tropic of Capricorn.
    Posts
    6,274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by supercomputers View Post
    No double vote .

    2 low, 3 nun.
    I'm sawry.


    Empire type: Monarchy
    Empire name: Neetha

    Leader title: Lord
    Leader name: Aloysius Knight

    Behavior: (peaceful/warlike/balanced)
    Balanced

    Starting land: (size (in square km's), type (costal, mountanous), ect.)(I'll make a map with this later)
    Depending on the scale of things will be either large or medium sized volcanic caost.

    Natural resources: (Trees, gold, clay, bison, etc. )
    Various hardwoods, iron, bronze, copper, stone, obsidian, sulphur (basically metals you would find at a volcano...), and fish a distance offshore.

    Starting army: (small/medium/large)
    Medium

    Unit types:
    Royal Guards (obsidian swords and clubs, iron plate armour)
    Halberders (iron halberds and iron chainmail chainmail armour)
    Javelin throwers (3 iron javelins each, a sword and imported leather armour)
    Swordsmen (Iron plate armour and sword)
    Spearmen (Iron chainmail armour and
    Assasins (Imported black leather armour with multiple obsidian daggers)
    Wallers (Basically a person covered in iron plate armour and a large tower shield. Although they carry a poniard for defence)
    Flaming catapults/trebuchets (Can either be mounted on guard towers, ships or wheels)
    Cannons (The sulphur is there to be used as gunpowder and the forges are already prebuilt. To heavy to be used effectively on ships)
    Severe lack of cavalry


    Navy:
    merchant marine transports/tradeships
    Trieme (fitted with onboard flaming catapults. With appropriate technological increase will use cannons instead)

    Description:
    Living on the side of an active volcano the Neetha are fully accustomed to life on a volcano.
    Fertile pastures dot partly unscared landscape which are irrigated through multiple hotsprings while the volcano itself has been converted to mines and forges which produce the main Neethan export: armour and weaponry (easily converted to a war economy). Also being exporters and importers the Neetha have a sizable merchant marine class to defend and ferry their goods.
    The Neetha aren't warmongering although they aren't pacifisit either by going to war when declared or to fuel their own economy in times of need. With the volcano and captial on the northernmost reach of the empire and clifftal coasts where lava flow meets the sea the Neetha are always ready to defend their coast.


    How's that sound? Anything you want me to change?
    Last edited by Scarecrow; 06-24-2010 at 07:12 AM.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonothan Crane
    Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.

  19. #59

    Default

    Character sheet:

    Empire type: Monarchy
    Empire name: Ascalon

    Leader title: King
    Leader name: Xion (pronounced ex-e-on(dont ask how I came up with that, it just randomly popped into my head))

    Behavior: warlike

    Starting land: 50000 square kilometers Actualy, 2000. Plains with mountains and forests thrown in.

    Natural resources: Iron, copper, tin, wheat and veges, trees, animals to hunt, livestock.

    Starting army: Large

    Unit types:
    Royal guard: Heavy plated armour, armed with halberds.
    Palace guard(yes, there are 2 kinds of units guarding the king): Heavy plated armour, longsword and buckler.
    Bodyguard(Basicaly for officials, emmisaries, caravans, etc.): Light plated armour, longsword and buckler.
    Pikemen: Light plated armour, pikes
    Spearmen: Thick leather armour, spears
    Swordsmen: Light plated armour, buckler, shortsword/longsword(varies from group to group)
    Axemen: Light plated armour, either medium axe and buckler or really big axe(varies group to group)
    Archers: Leather armour, bow and arrows
    Crossbowmen: Leather armour, crossbow and bolts
    Macemen: Leather armour, maces/flails(again, varies group to group. Flail=mace with a chain between the stick and the ball)
    Hammermen: Heavy plate armour, two handed war hammers.
    Shock troops: Heavy plated armour, broadswords
    Town watch: No armour, spear and large rectangular shield.
    Dog trainer: Leather armour, 3 dogs or 3 wolfhounds
    Dog: Sharpened claws and teeth. If trainer is killed, runs amok.
    Wolfhound: Sharpened claws and teeth. Bigger, stronger and tougher then dog. If trainer is killed, runs amok.
    Cavalry: Horse, leather to light plate armour, swords, lances or spears.
    Officers: Light or heavy plate, sometimes on horse, longsword and buckler
    Trebuchet: Improved version of catapult. Throws farther, hits harder. Less mobile. Can use flaming ammunition. Inaccurate against troops.
    Ballista: Basicaly a really big crossbow. Bolts can go through multiple people. Can use flaming ammunition. Inaffective against buildings.
    Assassin: Dark cloak, hood, 2 daggers, 3 throwing knives, blowdart, poison.
    Description: A relatively large warlike empire, determined to grow bigger and bigger, preferably through war, but diplomacy is not completely impossible. The soldiers recieve vigorous training, daily. Every citizen is required to spend at least 2 years in the army as town watch. The area is rich, and good for farming and cultivating animals. Clothing is made of fur or wool, because the winters are long and cold, and even summer is not very hot.
    Last edited by DoomKnight; 06-27-2010 at 07:15 PM.

  20. #60
    Philosopher DeLink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bweh.
    Posts
    6,853

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DoomKnight View Post
    Character sheet:

    Empire type: Warlike(I am assuming this means how aggresive, peacefull etc. etc. it is)
    Empire name: Ascalon

    Leader title: King
    Leader name: Xion (pronounced ex-e-on(dont ask how I came up with that, it just randomly popped into my head))

    Behavior: (peaceful/warlike/balanced)
    No, that's different! Warlike is your Behavior, empire type is like Heirarchy, Olirarchy, Democractic, Communist (I've yet to see someone with that), etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ze Spy
    So listen up boy, or pornography starring your mother will be the second worst thing that happens to you today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeno View Post
    I used to think Delink was a guy, then a girl, then a lesbian and now i think he's a bisexual robot from the future sent back as a practical joke to screw with our heads.
    Quote Originally Posted by cheddar View Post
    OOC: I don't think I want or am ready for a lesbian take-over.
    http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/4060/delink.jpg

  21. #61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeLink View Post
    No, that's different! Warlike is your Behavior, empire type is like Heirarchy, Olirarchy, Democractic, Communist (I've yet to see someone with that), etc.
    What are you talking about?

  22. #62

    Scarecrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Just below the tropic of Capricorn.
    Posts
    6,274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeLink View Post
    No, that's different! Warlike is your Behavior, empire type is like Heirarchy, Olirarchy, Democractic, Communist (I've yet to see someone with that), etc.
    Was thinking of going Commie for the game actually Decided to go with a heirarchy because its easier.

    EDIT: @Doomknight: The governmental system. What type of government you have i.e. as Delink said.
    EDITEDIT: I wonder how your economy will work DK. Guess we'll find out. Ever find yourself short of weapons/armor I may be willing to supply depending on circumstance.
    Last edited by Scarecrow; 06-23-2010 at 09:26 PM.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonothan Crane
    Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.

  23. #63
    Philosopher Principal Brian Lewis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Langley Falls
    Posts
    7,728

    Default

    Empire type: Monarchy
    Empire name: Milktania

    Leader title: Dairy King
    Leader name: Milk III

    Behavior: Peaceful

    Starting land: (size (Medium sized. You decide how much that is), type (Foresty mountains)

    Natural resources: (Trees, gold, stone, iron, diamonds, domestic goats. Elk, terraced farmland )


    Starting army:
    small

    Unit types:
    Guard-Iron armor, large wooden shield with iron on the front and either and axe or spear.
    Swordsman: Light leather armor, sword, small wooden shield
    Hunters: Unarmored, Longbow, irontipped arrows, short sword
    Kings Riders: Mounted on the elk, spear,

    Description: The Milktanian people are a peaceful tribe. After being invaded several times they became experts at defending their own territories. They enjoy trading with their neighbors, but they have several mountain fortresses that can house their peoples in times of war. Living in the mountains the people are tough and both men and women serve in the armed forces. While those involved in the armed forces are constantly training, no army is mobilized except in times of war. The soldiers defend their home town. Milktania however usually chooses to not invade any of their neighbors instead focusing tactics on defense.
    Last edited by Principal Brian Lewis; 06-24-2010 at 12:37 AM.

  24. #64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    Was thinking of going Commie for the game actually Decided to go with a heirarchy because its easier.

    EDIT: @Doomknight: The governmental system. What type of government you have i.e. as Delink said.
    EDITEDIT: I wonder how your economy will work DK. Guess we'll find out. Ever find yourself short of weapons/armor I may be willing to supply depending on circumstance.
    Not quite what I meant. DeLink quoted something I edited out within the time limit for having it not show as an edit.

  25. #65
    Philosopher Principal Brian Lewis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Langley Falls
    Posts
    7,728

    Default

    You guys know bronze isn't a natural resource. Its a combination of copper and tin.

    The more you know....

  26. #66
    Philosopher i own u's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Gone for now
    Posts
    3,614

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gotmilk View Post
    You guys know bronze isn't a natural resource. Its a combination of copper and tin.

    The more you know....

  27. #67

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gotmilk View Post
    You guys know bronze isn't a natural resource. Its a combination of copper and tin.

    The more you know....
    Fine, I put tin and copper. Happy? Lol. I have the most unit types out of everyone.

  28. #68
    Philosopher Principal Brian Lewis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Langley Falls
    Posts
    7,728

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DoomKnight View Post
    Fine, I put tin and copper. Happy? Lol. I have the most unit types out of everyone.
    All the rest of my troop types are secretz. They am hiding and like a kajillion of them

  29. #69

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gotmilk View Post
    All the rest of my troop types are secretz. They am hiding and like a kajillion of them
    Ya, but you said your army size is small. Mine is large. So if small is a kajillion, how many do I get

  30. #70
    Philosopher i own u's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Gone for now
    Posts
    3,614

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DoomKnight View Post
    Ya, but you said your army size is small. Mine is large. So if small is a kajillion, how many do I get
    4....10.....cary the Pi= 2?

  31. #71
    Philosopher DeLink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bweh.
    Posts
    6,853

    Default

    Empire type: Federation
    Empire name: Licenturia

    Leader title: Repil-Capitus
    Leader name: Desena, Kazem, Lumity, Rosem

    Behavior: (peaceful/warlike/balanced)

    Balanced, specialized in Culture and Indirect Combat, decent in Trade

    Starting land: (size (I dunno, how big is about meduim?), type (costal, mountanous), ect.)(I'll make a map with this later)

    Size: (Meduim, based on the size of continent)
    Type: Mostly plains, a few mountains and coasts. ( Licenturia is similar to Italy size-wize, remove the extra islands, and it faces north.)
    Natural resources: (Trees, gold, clay, bison, etc. )

    'Plain' resources. (Cows, sheep, corn, things you would produce in a fairly warm climate.) Fish in coastal areas. The two mountainous towns to the south produced iron ores, and clays which need to be traded with northern cities.

    Starting army: (small/medium/large)

    Small. (How many troops would probably be in small?) Note that the primary role of most soldiers is too defend, some have offensive roles.

    Unit Types:

    1. Curior - Definatley not to be confused wtih 'courier', Curior's are soldiers that have proved themselves worthy in combat. They are strong guards regularly patrol cities and protect merchants, though they can temporairly become Prolitins in the time of war.

    2. Soldier - A basic soldier, skilled in the art of defense and counters. Most carry spears, higher ranking soldiers can carry an axe/sword with shield if they like.

    3. Tolum - Tolum's work right with soldiers, though are often considered a bit higher in rank. Tolums are the archers of Licenturia, skilled in marksmanship and often carry short swords or knives.

    4. Pofji- Pofji are made when the highest ranking soldiers and tolums are promoted. Pofji are experts at, Soldiers who become Pofji learn how to use a bow or some ranged weapon, while Tolum who become Pofji learn how to use a spear, sword or axe and a shield if desired. Lower-ranking Pofji are the spearhead(s) of most squads, higher-ranking Pofji control the squads themselves.

    5. Desoler- Extremelly skilled Pofji have two options once they are seasoned enough. One is to become a desoler, basically a general. Desoler often watch battles from afar through special scopes and give commands to Pofji via fast soldiers that travel between the Desoler and their Pofji.

    6. Afveli a.k.a. "Death's Army" - The section option for elite Pofji is too become Afveli. If Pofji become Afveli, they often take some of their own squad troops to help them in combat and they become 'Anli'. Afveli are the most feared of Licenturia's troops. Why? They are the only troops specialized in offensive combat. When Licenturia finally has damaged city enough with interdirect combat, and chaos and confusion are all about, the Afveli send the final blow. They assassinate remaining enemy heads, destroy precious key locations in the city, burn a lot, and cut down anyone in their way. The reason they are called 'Death's Army' is the fact that all Afveli and Anli wear black armor and cloaks. Many survivors of the Afveli attacks that have fled claim rumors like the Afveli are demons and spout fire. Afveli also sometimes help with things like Violent Protests, Kidnappings, etc.

    7. Canoneer- Self-explainitory, special upgraded Tolum's that are purley defensive. They are stationed at usually high points. Canons are pretty basic: There big mounted metal vase-shaped strectures. The gun powder will go to the back. The canons are so big that they will get stuck right before they reach the very back. Light the wick on fire, and hope the canons hit something.
    (If this is too advance, you can make them catapulters.)

    8. Indirect Troop- This one is secret. I'll PM Supa.

    9. Tempero - A troop developed in the Licenturian-Ascalonian war. They are fitted with a huge bronze shield, used for both attack and defense, and a short sword. They also wear armored breastplates and helmets.

    Description:

    The Federation of Licenturia. It is a meduim sized peninsula in the north. Some nations are barbaric and focus on raids, wars, and eating a lot of meat. Lucenturian people are almost the opposite. They don't really need war, and focus more on cultural things like the arts, entertainment, love, food, music and so on, and are pretty sophisticated. A few are farmers and many are artisans and merchants with jobs like brick building, orchastrating, doctor, and so on. Important things to note about Lucenturia:

    * History: Lucenturia was founded a few thousand years ago, when the largest tribe in the area claimed to be theirs. The tribes turned into different cities, three of which became the greatest and continued fighting. It was a vicious cycle, until a man named Zue Lin rode in. He conquered the cities, united them, and made Licenturia. Banned from his own country,Yajil, for treason, Zue led a new life as emperor. The indiginous people did not enjoy having one emperor at first, but Zue intorduced things like complex insturments, irrigation, and theatre that he immdiatley became popular. After a while Zue died, and son, after son, and occasionally daughters, would be the new leaders. One son was infertile, so the people decided to elect a great banker, a great builder, and a great warrior to head the three major cities. They were all called a Repital-Capitus. Each selected their favorite advisor as next Repil after they died. Soon, you became Repital not for a lifetime, but just ten years. All was well, until recently. Just 500 years ago, the Licenturians were fed up with the barbarians to the south raiding their merchants when they needed to go to the mainland. Licenturia conquered the cities, which turned out to be a very good move, as it provided them with the rocky materials which they proviously could only get via trade.
    Licenturia has recently elected it's new Repital-Capitus's....

    *Government: Licenturia is a federal state. It has four Repitals, which each control one city, although one controls two cities to the south. Anyone can run, but the most popular people obviously become Repital. The current new Repital's are:

    Desena: Repital of Placti. Placti is in the center of Licenturia. It is the capital and where Reptial's hold meetings.
    Kazem: Repital of Retik. Retik is the northern most city of Licenturia. It produces the most resources and does the most fishing.
    Lumity: Repital of Vivalus. Vivalus is the trading center of Licenturia. It gets resources from Retik and transports them to the mainland.
    Rosem: Repital of Feni and Cato. They produce the iron and ores and steels that Licenturia badly needs.

    *Culture: Licenturia have two parts to their cultures. One side is comparable culture to that such as the greeks or romans. Due to Zue, Licenturia also is influenced by Yajil culture. The barbarians that were willing to go into Licenturia also influenced culture, as did many of the people that came from surrounding areas due to the great culture of Licenturia. Licenturian's do not descriminate, as people of different sexes, race, ethnicities and so on have had just about every job in Licenturia.


    -------
    Whew! That was a lot. So, I'll be PMing Soop about my secret troop soon...
    Last edited by DeLink; 09-08-2010 at 01:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ze Spy
    So listen up boy, or pornography starring your mother will be the second worst thing that happens to you today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeno View Post
    I used to think Delink was a guy, then a girl, then a lesbian and now i think he's a bisexual robot from the future sent back as a practical joke to screw with our heads.
    Quote Originally Posted by cheddar View Post
    OOC: I don't think I want or am ready for a lesbian take-over.
    http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/4060/delink.jpg

  32. #72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gotmilk View Post
    they have several mountain fortresses that can house their peoples in times of war.
    Helm's deep .
    Quote Originally Posted by DeLink View Post
    Empire type: Federation
    Empire name: Licenturia

    Leader title: Repil-Capitus
    Leader name: Desena, Kazem, Lumity, Rosem

    Behavior: (peaceful/warlike/balanced)

    Balanced, specialized in Culture and Indirect Combat, decent in Trade

    Starting land: (size (I dunno, how big is about meduim?), type (costal, mountanous), ect.)(I'll make a map with this later)

    Size: (Meduim, based on the size of continent)
    Type: Mostly plains, a few mountains and coasts. ( Licenturia is similar to Italy size-wize, remove the extra islands, and it faces north.)
    Natural resources: (Trees, gold, clay, bison, etc. )

    'Plain' resources. (Cows, sheep, corn, things you would produce in a fairly warm climate.) Fish in coastal areas. The two mountainous towns to the south produced iron ores, and clays which need to be traded with northern cities.

    Starting army: (small/medium/large)

    Small. (How many troops would probably be in small?) Note that the primary role of most soldiers is too defend, some have offensive roles.

    Unit Types:

    1. Curior - Definatley not to be confused wtih 'courier', Curior's are soldiers that have proved themselves worthy in combat. They are strong guards regularly patrol cities and protect merchants, though they can temporairly become Prolitins in the time of war.

    2. Soldier - A basic soldier, skilled in the art of defense and counters. Most carry spears, higher ranking soldiers can carry an axe/sword with shield if they like.

    3. Tolum - Tolum's work right with soldiers, though are often considered a bit higher in rank. Tolums are the archers of Licenturia, skilled in marksmanship and often carry short swords or knives.

    4. Pofji- Pofji are made when the highest ranking soldiers and tolums are promoted. Pofji are experts at, Soldiers who become Pofji learn how to use a bow or some ranged weapon, while Tolum who become Pofji learn how to use a spear, sword or axe and a shield if desired. Lower-ranking Pofji are the spearhead(s) of most squads, higher-ranking Pofji control the squads themselves.

    5. Desoler- Extremelly skilled Pofji have two options once they are seasoned enough. One is to become a desoler, basically a general. Desoler often watch battles from afar through special scopes and give commands to Pofji via fast soldiers that travel between the Desoler and their Pofji.

    6. Afveli a.k.a. "Death's Army" - The section option for elite Pofji is too become Afveli. If Pofji become Afveli, they often take some of their own squad troops to help them in combat and they become 'Anli'. Afveli are the most feared of Licenturia's troops. Why? They are the only troops specialized in offensive combat. When Licenturia finally has damaged city enough with interdirect combat, and chaos and confusion are all about, the Afveli send the final blow. They assassinate remaining enemy heads, destroy precious key locations in the city, burn a lot, and cut down anyone in their way. The reason they are called 'Death's Army' is the fact that all Afveli and Anli wear black armor and cloaks. Many survivors of the Afveli attacks that have fled claim rumors like the Afveli are demons and spout fire. Afveli also sometimes help with things like Violent Protests, Kidnappings, etc.

    7. Canoneer- Self-explainitory, special upgraded Tolum's that are purley defensive. They are stationed at usually high points. Canons are pretty basic: There big mounted metal vase-shaped strectures. The gun powder will go to the back. The canons are so big that they will get stuck right before they reach the very back. Light the wick on fire, and hope the canons hit something.
    (If this is too advance, you can make them catapulters.)

    8. Indirect Troop- This one is secret. I'll PM Supa.


    Description:

    The Federation of Licenturia. It is a meduim sized peninsula in the north. Some nations are barbaric and focus on raids, wars, and eating a lot of meat. Lucenturian people are almost the opposite. They don't really need war, and focus more on cultural things like the arts, entertainment, love, food, music and so on, and are pretty sophisticated. A few are farmers and many are artisans and merchants with jobs like brick building, orchastrating, doctor, and so on. Important things to note about Lucenturia:

    * History: Lucenturia was founded a few thousand years ago, when the largest tribe in the area claimed to be theirs. The tribes turned into different cities, three of which became the greatest and continued fighting. It was a vicious cycle, until a man named Zue Lin rode in. He conquered the cities, united them, and made Licenturia. Banned from his own country,Yajil, for treason, Zue led a new life as emperor. The indiginous people did not enjoy having one emperor at first, but Zue intorduced things like complex insturments, irrigation, and theatre that he immdiatley became popular. After a while Zue died, and son, after son, and occasionally daughters, would be the new leaders. One son was infertile, so the people decided to elect a great banker, a great builder, and a great warrior to head the three major cities. They were all called a Repital-Capitus. Each selected their favorite advisor as next Repil after they died. Soon, you became Repital not for a lifetime, but just ten years. All was well, until recently. Just 500 years ago, the Licenturians were fed up with the barbarians to the south raiding their merchants when they needed to go to the mainland. Licenturia conquered the cities, which turned out to be a very good move, as it provided them with the rocky materials which they proviously could only get via trade.
    Licenturia has recently elected it's new Repital-Capitus's....

    *Government: Licenturia is a federal state. It has four Repitals, which each control one city, although one controls two cities to the south. Anyone can run, but the most popular people obviously become Repital. The current new Repital's are:

    Desena: Repital of Placti. Placti is in the center of Licenturia. It is the capital and where Reptial's hold meetings.
    Kazem: Repital of Retik. Retik is the northern most city of Licenturia. It produces the most resources and does the most fishing.
    Lumity: Repital of Vivalus. Vivalus is the trading center of Licenturia. It gets resources from Retik and transports them to the mainland.
    Rosem: Repital of Feni and Cato. They produce the iron and ores and steels that Licenturia badly needs.

    *Culture: Licenturia have two parts to their cultures. One side is comparable culture to that such as the greeks or romans. Due to Zue, Licenturia also is influenced by Yajil culture. The barbarians that were willing to go into Licenturia also influenced culture, as did many of the people that came from surrounding areas due to the great culture of Licenturia. Licenturian's do not descriminate, as people of different sexes, race, ethnicities and so on have had just about every job in Licenturia.


    -------
    Whew! That was a lot. So, I'll be PMing Soop about my secret troop soon...
    I'll read that when I get back... maybe later, maybe never, in which case you can claim anything you want about your sheet (Realliez, I had giant bear soldiers wid troll eyes and shoot firs!!) and I will be forced to accept it or have to admit I didn't read the whole thing which would be embarrassing!
    Quote Originally Posted by El Che View Post
    why can't women drive?

  33. #73

    Scarecrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Just below the tropic of Capricorn.
    Posts
    6,274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gotmilk View Post
    You guys know bronze isn't a natural resource. Its a combination of copper and tin.

    The more you know....
    By saying I had broze I have all the neccessary technology to do so and do so well....

    Seeing some of the stuff in Delink's I'll add a bit more to my unit sheet. I was going to edit it this morn but didn't get time because of school. Anyway for more see edit.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonothan Crane
    Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.

  34. #74

    Default

    Oh god no...
    Quote Originally Posted by El Che View Post
    why can't women drive?

  35. #75

    Scarecrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Just below the tropic of Capricorn.
    Posts
    6,274

    Default

    Kekeke?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonothan Crane
    Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.

  36. #76

    Default

    So like, we have 4 ppls, we need moar... Last one had like twice that...

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post


    I'm sawry.


    Empire type: Monarchy
    Empire name: Neetha

    Leader title: Lord
    Leader name: Aloysius Knight

    Behavior: (peaceful/warlike/balanced)
    Balanced

    Starting land: (size (in square km's), type (costal, mountanous), ect.)(I'll make a map with this later)
    Depending on the scale of things will be either large or medium sized volcanic caost.

    Natural resources: (Trees, gold, clay, bison, etc. )
    Various hardwoods, iron, bronze, copper, stone, obsidian, sulphur (basically metals you would find at a volcano...), and fish a distance offshore.

    Starting army: (small/medium/large)
    Medium

    Unit types:
    Royal Guards (obsidian swords and clubs, iron armor)
    Halberders (iron halberds and armor)
    Javelin throwers (3 iron javelins each, a sword and imported leather armor)
    Swordsmen (Iron swords and armor)
    Wallers (Basically a person covered in iron armor and a large tower shield. Although they carry a poniard for defence)
    Flaming catapults/trebuchets (Can either be mounted on guard towers, ships or wheels)

    Severe lack of cavalry

    Description:
    Living on the side of an active volcano the Neetha are fully accustomed to life on a volcano.
    Fertile pastures dot partly unscared landscape which are irrigated through multiple hotsprings while the volcano itself has been converted to mines and forges which produce the main Neethan export: armour and weaponry (easily converted to a war economy). Also being exporters and importers the Neetha have a sizable merchant marine class to defend and ferry their goods.
    The Neetha aren't warmongering although they aren't pacifisit either by going to war when declared or to fuel their own economy in times of need. With the volcano and captial on the northernmost reach of the empire and clifftal coasts where lava flow meets the sea the Neetha are always ready to defend their coast.


    How's that sound? Anything you want me to change?
    Quote Originally Posted by DoomKnight View Post
    Character sheet:

    Empire type: Monarchy
    Empire name: Ascalon

    Leader title: King
    Leader name: Xion (pronounced ex-e-on(dont ask how I came up with that, it just randomly popped into my head))

    Behavior: warlike

    Starting land: 50000 square kilometers Actualy, 2000. Plains with mountains and forests thrown in.

    Natural resources: Iron, copper, tin, wheat and veges, trees, animals to hunt, livestock.

    Starting army: Large

    Unit types:
    Royal guard: Heavy plated armour, armed with halberds.
    Palace guard(yes, there are 2 kinds of units guarding the king): Heavy plated armour, longsword and buckler.
    Bodyguard(Basicaly for officials, emmisaries, caravans, etc.): Light plated armour, longsword and buckler.
    Pikemen: Light plated armour, pikes
    Spearmen: Thick leather armour, spears
    Swordsmen: Light plated armour, buckler, shortsword/longsword(varies from group to group)
    Axemen: Light plated armour, either medium axe and buckler or really big axe(varies group to group)
    Archers: Leather armour, bow and arrows
    Crossbowmen: Leather armour, crossbow and bolts
    Macemen: Leather armour, maces/flails(again, varies group to group. Flail=mace with a chain between the stick and the ball)
    Shock troops: Heavy plated armour, broadswords
    Town watch: No armour, spear and large rectangular shield.
    Cavalry: Horse, leather to light plate armour, swords, lances or spears.
    Officers: Light or heavy plate, sometimes on horse, longsword and buckler
    Trebuchet: Improved version of catapult. Throws farther, hits harder. Less mobile. Can use flaming ammunition. Inaccurate against troops.
    Ballista: Basicaly a really big crossbow. Bolts can go through multiple people. Can use flaming ammunition. Inaffective against buildings.
    Assassin: Dark cloak, hood, 2 daggers, 3 throwing knives, blowdart, poison.
    Description: A relatively large warlike empire, determined to grow bigger and bigger, preferably through war, but diplomacy is not completely impossible. The soldiers recieve vigorous training, daily. Every citizen is required to spend at least 2 years in the army as town watch. The area is rich, and good for farming and cultivating animals. Clothing is made of fur or wool, because the winters are long and cold, and even summer is not very hot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotmilk View Post
    Empire type: Monarchy
    Empire name: Milktania

    Leader title: Dairy King
    Leader name: Milk III

    Behavior: Peaceful

    Starting land: (size (Medium sized. You decide how much that is), type (Foresty mountains)

    Natural resources: (Trees, gold, stone, iron, diamonds, domestic goats. Elk, terraced farmland )


    Starting army:
    small

    Unit types:
    Guard-Iron armor, large wooden shield with iron on the front and either and axe or spear.
    Swordsman: Light leather armor, sword, small wooden shield
    Hunters: Unarmored, Longbow, irontipped arrows, short sword
    Kings Riders: Mounted on the elk, spear,

    Description: The Milktanian people are a peaceful tribe. After being invaded several times they became experts at defending their own territories. They enjoy trading with their neighbors, but they have several mountain fortresses that can house their peoples in times of war. Living in the mountains the people are tough and both men and women serve in the armed forces. While those involved in the armed forces are constantly training, no army is mobilized except in times of war. The soldiers defend their home town. Milktania however usually chooses to not invade any of their neighbors instead focusing tactics on defense.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeLink View Post
    Empire type: Federation
    Empire name: Licenturia

    Leader title: Repil-Capitus
    Leader name: Desena, Kazem, Lumity, Rosem

    Behavior: (peaceful/warlike/balanced)

    Balanced, specialized in Culture and Indirect Combat, decent in Trade

    Starting land: (size (I dunno, how big is about meduim?), type (costal, mountanous), ect.)(I'll make a map with this later)

    Size: (Meduim, based on the size of continent)
    Type: Mostly plains, a few mountains and coasts. ( Licenturia is similar to Italy size-wize, remove the extra islands, and it faces north.)
    Natural resources: (Trees, gold, clay, bison, etc. )

    'Plain' resources. (Cows, sheep, corn, things you would produce in a fairly warm climate.) Fish in coastal areas. The two mountainous towns to the south produced iron ores, and clays which need to be traded with northern cities.

    Starting army: (small/medium/large)

    Small. (How many troops would probably be in small?) Note that the primary role of most soldiers is too defend, some have offensive roles.

    Unit Types:

    1. Curior - Definatley not to be confused wtih 'courier', Curior's are soldiers that have proved themselves worthy in combat. They are strong guards regularly patrol cities and protect merchants, though they can temporairly become Prolitins in the time of war.

    2. Soldier - A basic soldier, skilled in the art of defense and counters. Most carry spears, higher ranking soldiers can carry an axe/sword with shield if they like.

    3. Tolum - Tolum's work right with soldiers, though are often considered a bit higher in rank. Tolums are the archers of Licenturia, skilled in marksmanship and often carry short swords or knives.

    4. Pofji- Pofji are made when the highest ranking soldiers and tolums are promoted. Pofji are experts at, Soldiers who become Pofji learn how to use a bow or some ranged weapon, while Tolum who become Pofji learn how to use a spear, sword or axe and a shield if desired. Lower-ranking Pofji are the spearhead(s) of most squads, higher-ranking Pofji control the squads themselves.

    5. Desoler- Extremelly skilled Pofji have two options once they are seasoned enough. One is to become a desoler, basically a general. Desoler often watch battles from afar through special scopes and give commands to Pofji via fast soldiers that travel between the Desoler and their Pofji.

    6. Afveli a.k.a. "Death's Army" - The section option for elite Pofji is too become Afveli. If Pofji become Afveli, they often take some of their own squad troops to help them in combat and they become 'Anli'. Afveli are the most feared of Licenturia's troops. Why? They are the only troops specialized in offensive combat. When Licenturia finally has damaged city enough with interdirect combat, and chaos and confusion are all about, the Afveli send the final blow. They assassinate remaining enemy heads, destroy precious key locations in the city, burn a lot, and cut down anyone in their way. The reason they are called 'Death's Army' is the fact that all Afveli and Anli wear black armor and cloaks. Many survivors of the Afveli attacks that have fled claim rumors like the Afveli are demons and spout fire. Afveli also sometimes help with things like Violent Protests, Kidnappings, etc.

    7. Canoneer- Self-explainitory, special upgraded Tolum's that are purley defensive. They are stationed at usually high points. Canons are pretty basic: There big mounted metal vase-shaped strectures. The gun powder will go to the back. The canons are so big that they will get stuck right before they reach the very back. Light the wick on fire, and hope the canons hit something.
    (If this is too advance, you can make them catapulters.)

    8. Indirect Troop- This one is secret. I'll PM Supa.


    Description:

    The Federation of Licenturia. It is a meduim sized peninsula in the north. Some nations are barbaric and focus on raids, wars, and eating a lot of meat. Lucenturian people are almost the opposite. They don't really need war, and focus more on cultural things like the arts, entertainment, love, food, music and so on, and are pretty sophisticated. A few are farmers and many are artisans and merchants with jobs like brick building, orchastrating, doctor, and so on. Important things to note about Lucenturia:

    * History: Lucenturia was founded a few thousand years ago, when the largest tribe in the area claimed to be theirs. The tribes turned into different cities, three of which became the greatest and continued fighting. It was a vicious cycle, until a man named Zue Lin rode in. He conquered the cities, united them, and made Licenturia. Banned from his own country,Yajil, for treason, Zue led a new life as emperor. The indiginous people did not enjoy having one emperor at first, but Zue intorduced things like complex insturments, irrigation, and theatre that he immdiatley became popular. After a while Zue died, and son, after son, and occasionally daughters, would be the new leaders. One son was infertile, so the people decided to elect a great banker, a great builder, and a great warrior to head the three major cities. They were all called a Repital-Capitus. Each selected their favorite advisor as next Repil after they died. Soon, you became Repital not for a lifetime, but just ten years. All was well, until recently. Just 500 years ago, the Licenturians were fed up with the barbarians to the south raiding their merchants when they needed to go to the mainland. Licenturia conquered the cities, which turned out to be a very good move, as it provided them with the rocky materials which they proviously could only get via trade.
    Licenturia has recently elected it's new Repital-Capitus's....

    *Government: Licenturia is a federal state. It has four Repitals, which each control one city, although one controls two cities to the south. Anyone can run, but the most popular people obviously become Repital. The current new Repital's are:

    Desena: Repital of Placti. Placti is in the center of Licenturia. It is the capital and where Reptial's hold meetings.
    Kazem: Repital of Retik. Retik is the northern most city of Licenturia. It produces the most resources and does the most fishing.
    Lumity: Repital of Vivalus. Vivalus is the trading center of Licenturia. It gets resources from Retik and transports them to the mainland.
    Rosem: Repital of Feni and Cato. They produce the iron and ores and steels that Licenturia badly needs.

    *Culture: Licenturia have two parts to their cultures. One side is comparable culture to that such as the greeks or romans. Due to Zue, Licenturia also is influenced by Yajil culture. The barbarians that were willing to go into Licenturia also influenced culture, as did many of the people that came from surrounding areas due to the great culture of Licenturia. Licenturian's do not descriminate, as people of different sexes, race, ethnicities and so on have had just about every job in Licenturia.


    -------
    Whew! That was a lot. So, I'll be PMing Soop about my secret troop soon...
    Quote Originally Posted by El Che View Post
    why can't women drive?

  37. #77

    Default

    Empire type: Communism
    Empire name: Biarritz

    Leader title: Chairman
    Leader name: Meow

    Behavior: peaceful

    Starting land: 120,540 sq.km. Coastal and Mountain

    Natural resources: Trees, laborers, mines, agriculture, windmills

    Starting army: Large

    Unit types:
    Conscripts: (mixed martial arts) all males must sign up for military service and are trained in resourcefulness and basic training of weapons.

    Ground Forces: (Specialists in Weapons Training) males and females may volunteer for military service as a career. They have the training of conscripts, but are sorted to specialized training based on their capabilities. Ground forces including mounted units and catapults.

    Navy: consist of conscripted fishermen turned sailors, permanent sailors are either volunteer or selected from experienced crews. Ships range from well armored to small, fast, maneuverable fishing vessels turned navy ships.

    Secret Weapon: It's a secret.

    Description:
    Has an industrialized, highly centralized command economy. Entirely government-planned, state-owned economy. Isolation policy means that international trade is highly restricted. Allows for foreign investment through joint ventures, but failed to attract any significant investment.
    Despite substantial economic problems, quality of life is improving and wages are rising steadily. Small-scale private markets exist throughout the country and provide the population with imported food and certain commodities in exchange for money, thus helping to prevent serious starvation. Food rations, housing, healthcare, and education is offered from the state for free and the payment of taxes has been abolished. It also has a strong agricultural sector.
    Last edited by Summer; 06-27-2010 at 08:11 PM.

  38. #78

    Default

    O.o?
    Quote Originally Posted by El Che View Post
    why can't women drive?

  39. #79

    Scarecrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Just below the tropic of Capricorn.
    Posts
    6,274

    Default

    Air force? This is in the times of travian.... Unless you count flinging people with catapults or trebuchets over walls an air force

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonothan Crane
    Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.

  40. #80
    Philosopher General Noobington's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    They know.
    Posts
    1,670

    Default

    I'm going to make my Empire Sheet after i write my math final today, so it will be on here sometime soonish....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •