Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elfuaso's top 20 analysis

Default Elfuaso's top 20 analysis

I usually wait a while to do one of these, but with all the analysis threads coming out, I figured it was time to put mine down.

1. Scuffle – One of the servers preeminent accounts, with robber medals stretching back to week 2, and a slew of gold medals, Scuffle proves that an active Teuton account is still the king of the hill. Outpacing the competition by a village or more, they have taken a commanding lead in size thus far, with over 1k pop on #2. The past couple weeks the raiding has fallen off for these guys, but with a capital 150% 15c that owns all 3 of its 50% oasis, with a pop of 827 (making it the 6th largest village on the server), that probably doesn’t matter. A top 10 server attacker, 5 attack medals, and a top 30 hero attests to their skill in smashing. One might question their choice of villages, however 3 secondary 15cs, and a couple 9cs will provide a lot of supplemental income to that massive capital.

2. Kismet – The number two account is another massive Teuton with a 150% 15c, hubbed around a picturesque plot of land that includes several steadfast TRU accounts nearby. Highly decorated with raiding medals, this account knows how to collect the taxes while avoiding the highwayman. A top 40 hero and top 20 attackers rating attest that, when needed, they know how to lay down the law. Being so close to the NW/SW border, these guys chose to hub for safety and ease of merchant travel, which may end up with less production, but that’s a drop in the bucket in the long run. Two potential hammer villages gives us hope of many a marauding hooligan wreaking havoc.

3. Yak – A bit of an anomaly, these guys have two early mediocre raiding ribbons, with a 3rd coming in week 9, attesting to a bit of an early boom then sim mentality. With probably the longest (and most annoying) profile in the top 10, they have a pretty little 125% cropper tucked in the heartland of the SW quad. And by little I do mean little; their capital is their smallest village, which begs the question of what kind of simming they are doing. A top 60 hero and top 50 attackers, these guys appear content to just ride the line. A bit surprising to find an account like this in the top 5, but smart resource management can go a long way, a statement they appear to live by as they have regularly been the second account to a new tier of villages for the past month.

4. Harmacy – An account that can, when they want, really pump out the numbers, these guys represent the second of TRU’s massive Teutons, with a tasty 125% cropper near enough the SW/NW border to give people in several quads heart attacks. An early robbing medal, followed by several weeks of attack medals, a top 3 hero and top 3 attacker record, plus a recent top 3 robbing medal attest to violence, carnage, and bursts of ‘man I have nothing to do today I guess I’ll farm’. A single secondary cropper set quite a distance from the main hub makes one wonder if they were on some of their pain killers when they settled it. Nevertheless, these guys will be administering their death drugs to many an unfortunate account…provided they don’t overdose themselves.

5. ROFL MAO – The most recent account to join the coveted 8+ league (which will change to the 9+ league next week…in case any of you were wondering, I’m talking about villages), ROFL MAO has a tasty (pun intended) account with a 125% 15c capital, and a slew of secondary 15cs. However, they are more spread out than a Chi—er, I’m going to just stop that thought there. They seem to be going for 2 hubs, probably with the plan of building an early artifact hammer close to the middle of the map to better their chances of nabbing a large or unique. An ambitious plan, and one that their many raiding ribbons suggest they can pull off, provided they do it right. A top 25 hero and top 15 attacker record suggests that while they may like purple more than red, sometimes they do bathe in blood.
    6. Eros – The first non-teuton on our list, this is a Gaul account with 2 medals that show they know how to play to their strengths; raiding with TTs, and defending with druids/phalanx. One of the leaders of a strong Meta of solid looking accounts (with a remarkable number of Romans and Gauls), these guys have a nice 125% 15c. As anyone who knows me can guess, an account like this makes my mouth drool. Druids and TTs, the two most (in my mind) versatile units in the game, can be played to deadly efficiency by a top Gaul account. The question remains as to whether or not these guys are one.

7. RHNeg4Tive – The first real Teuton account in NOOBs, these guys have been a mainstay on the robbing and attacking charts since week 1; plus a random top defender…evidently they pissed someone off. A 125% cropper, top 10 hero and top 15 attacker record suggests that these guys can not only raid their cake, but smash it too. A relatively random choice of villages raises questions; the only other 15c is quite a haul away, with two oddly placed 9cs near other NOOBS members. Perhaps these guys plan on a secondary hub near the SW/NW border, and a few spear anvils, but if they want to get another hammer going, they’d better get cracking.

8. Travian Noobs – The first NOOBs account with a 150% cropper, these guys have a nice layout, taking advantage of several nearby croppers. An early robbing medal (plus two attack medals) suggests a quick start followed by a simful (yes that is a play on sinful, aren’t I clever) couple months puts these guys at a solid, if not spectacular, spot on our charts. A well built 150% cropper can make up a lot of raiding laziness; especially with the way raiding has been on this server. Not to say these guys don’t try; they have a top 30 attacker record, and top 50 hero, but if they want to assert themselves as the leader of one of the top alliances, we expect much more bloodshed, tears, and laminations of mauled bodies. Yes I meant laminations; I have a thing for bodies wrapped in plastic. No, it’s not illegal where I live.

9. Gekko – The first account on our list to NOT have a medal of any sort, these guys appear even fuller of simming goodness than Yak. A top 100 hero and top 80 attackers record is mediocre, yet a nice 125% cropper suggests there may be more than meets the eye. We can only hope, as they have no secondary croppers, just several 5 wood villages with wood oases in the vicinity. Perhaps these good fellows plan on building a mace hammer? Or maybe they just like playing with wood? Careful, watch out for splinters.

10. The Godfather – TRU’s second account with a 150% 15c, these fellows are so close to Kismet that one wonders if the oasis’ plotting was TRUely random. Just kidding. But no really, the NW/SW border had better watch out, two 150% 15cs in close proximity owned by some of the largest TRU players speaks volumes in terms of bloody carnage. Hopefully these guys actually have some troops and aren’t just simming…although with a hero and attacker record both outside of the top 100, it may be only a hope.

11. Whatever – Another of TRU’s large and in charge Teuton accounts, these guys appear to have taken the ‘whatever’ mentality to heart. While a 125% cropper does suggest high octane production, a hero and attacker record outside of the top 100 nail this account as a lesser version of The Godfather. At least they have a ribbon. Attack somebody already!

12. HelleborE – Evolves second account on this list, they make a splash in a big way. Owning another coveted 150% 15c, they make a nice tandem to Scuffle, with coordinates almost on the exact opposite of the quad. While a top 100 attacker record and abysmal hero (top 300) may lack luster, one must always respect the 150% 15c.

13. An Evil Orc – T E G’s second account on our list, these guys boast a nice 125% cropper with a single raiding ribbon, only a couple of weeks old. While a top 100 attacker record, and non top 100 hero suggests a bit more simming than killing, a fantasy buff like myself can’t help but love any reference to the mindless slaughtering that is an orc. Let’s just hope these guys live up to their namesake in a big way.

14. Magyar – The second of our non-teuton top 20 accounts (incidentally, also in COH) these guys also have the first lower-than-125% 15c. Which isn’t even their capital yet. Maybe they’re worried about having their spawn chiefed before they can get 6 villages. With attack records and a hero not even in the top 300, it’s quite obvious these guys decided to hike up their skirts and head out to the boonies. With the most recent changes to Romans, however, one can’t simply discount a top 20 roman account with a solid 100% cropper. Those that do just might find a ghost EI hammer storming their fields and pooping on their bushes.

15. Grape Soda – Another NOOBS Teuton clocking in with a 125% cropper, this account rides just outside of the top 100 for attacker records and hero. Hubbing around their nice capital, this account appears to be content in simming along what should be a solid Teuton account. Accounts like these will provide the backbone of any endgame alliances WW hammers.

16. Frank99 – Coming in as a relative unknown account, these guys managed to break into the raiding scene in a big way these past two weeks. A top 3 robber medal last week, with a firm clutch on #2 this week, these guys are a nice change of pace from the past few accounts, with a top 25 hero and top 40 attacker record. While a 100% 15c mars an otherwise solid account, EG hammers have been built on less. I hope these guys can continue what they’ve done in the past few weeks and really make some strides.

17. Shadow – The winner of the ‘Why?’ award on this top 20 account review, these guys take the cake in every regard of ‘Why?’ With 5 villages all clustered around their spawn, and not a cropper in site, this account is limiting itself in a big way. But the worst thing about this account is the fact that it has 0….and I repeat, 0….attack points. AS A TEUTON! Dear Mephisto, someone go attack this account. The real irony? They are in Dam Inc.

18. Safwa – NOOBS second 150% 15c, these guys were making great strides in raiding for the past month, then disappeared off both the growth and raiding meters. Thankfully they are back in the top 10 robbers, and with a nice secondary cropper to compliment their capital. A top 10 hero and attacker record sure aren’t shabby either. Hope they can keep it going.

19. Severous – Whew! And whoever said TRU has no endgame aspirations. This account has EG hammer written all over it; 150% cropper, roman and way out in the boonies (yes, -140, 230 is in the boonies). Still, as I’ve said before, one can never discount a 150% 15c, and especially that of a roman. I doubt we’ll hear much from this account until it comes time to blow up a WW. Hero and attacker rating just outside of the top 100 is probably the highest this account will get for a long time.

20. Plunder – The third of TRU’s border Teutons, these guys have a nice 125% cropper that should provide a fantastic battleground for cross-quad warring. A nice secondary cropper (possibly a secondary hammer or anvil) will probably be the focus of any attacks against this account. Coming in with one of the coveted climber’s medals, these guys boast a surprisingly high top 25 hero and top 40 attacker record. More than likely they have been riding near the top 10 for attackers and robbers for some time.

Honorable Mentions:

22. Nobody – One of TRU’s better Teuton accounts with a 125% capital near enough the middle to be entertaining; these guys have a nice couple of recent ribbons. A secondary cropper nearby provides a potential secondary hammer or anvil, which they may need with their top 20 hero and top 40 attacker record. My biggest concern is the village size of the last 2 villages…both at about 60 pop. Don’t these guys know that new villages are the best return on investment?

23. Smoky – What top account analysis would be complete with these guys. Top attacker record and top hero on the server, with a veritable array of gold raiding and attacking medals, these guys are playing for one thing and one thing only; blood money. A 125% cropper provides a nice supplement to their outstanding raiding numbers, which they need to keep churning out troops for their killing machine. Who knew the SE had this many targets to attack?

26. Dreamager – Another of the most decorated accounts on the server, these guys are a wave of the future. Romans who think and play like Teutons. A top 15 hero and #2 attacker record plus a highly desirable war chest of medals and ribbons, their 100% 15c is the only real downside to their account. A secondary cropper may provide an EI ghost hammer as well. This account should provide much needed muscle for the NOOBS alliance.

27. Taipain – Another of TRU’s 150% croppers, this Teuton account slides in because of their cropper and village count. Riding in 20-40 range, but with 7 villages, these guys coast on a subpar top 150 attacker’s record and negligible hero. A nice village setup, however, provides hope that they will one day start building troops and help put the rumor of TRU’s simful (see I did it there again) ways to rest.

29. To Be Announced – To be announced is right; we’re still waiting for this beautifully built account to do something. A 125% cropper and 7 villages while riding in the 20-40 range is nothing to shake a stick at, but a lackadaisical hero outside of the top 200 and attacker record outside of the top 150 leaves us wanting (and expecting) more. They made the honorable mention list as the lowest pop account to have 7 villages.

Well there you have it; the most interesting fact for me?

The number of simful accounts that TRU has in the top 30.
    -Chance is the only constant.

Go *edit* yourself.

Wow! Really solid analysis. I would +rep but already gave you some for laying the pimp slap on Luiss/Palistus.
    Quote Originally Posted by aquias View Post
    ROFL. I'm reminded of what Tyr from S1R1 said. "I just realized, we're playing the game on a whole different level from everyone else" :P Prior to quitting I played with a bunch of lunatics.
    I am S1's very own 7RU-Black Dynamite

Banned.

Dam Inc. Brought in someone with 0 attack points...? I guess I was right about the standards lowering. How are you in the top 20 with zero attack points though, obviously they don't farm.. is that possible?

Quote Originally Posted by palistus View Post
    Dam Inc. Brought in someone with 0 attack points...? I guess I was right about the standards lowering. How are you in the top 20 with zero attack points though, obviously they don't farm.. is that possible?
    Hey look! It's a farm that got catted by Evolve!

Elfuaso, you say he has no cropper around... But he has one only 5 squares away. It is taken now, but not for long.
    "Semper necessitas probandi incumbit ei qui agit."

This could be entertaining enough to keep us from farming today....but the cat's will certainly be rolling.

Really nice job Elfuaso, that was a great read.

+rep that was a good read.
    S1R3: Silentium(DSP)/ TheSteelCurtain
    S1R4: The Godfather (TRU)
    S1R5: Tyler Durden (HB)

S4R2: Firefly99/ Atirakis/ Sleaze (WP-BOHICA)
    S4R3: Dusty Bottoms (RED)

I am saddened I did not make honorable mention for being in the top thirty. Must be because I am just a dirty simmer.

Nice job... enjoyed it.
    jdsmash
    S6 - WW hit
    S8 - WW hit

Good stuff

I didn't think it was possible to sim your way to the top 20 without raiding. Unless he only hit 2 pop villages, or spends massive amounts of gold... either way I wouldn't touch that guy with a 20 foot poll, he has to be an anvil.
    Right?

Great analysis.
    S1
    S2
    *Hint, I love cake more than a fat kid loves cake.

violence, carnage, and bursts of ‘man I have nothing to do today I guess I’ll farm’

thats my favorite part
    us7 Tom&Jerry
    us1 Harmacy
    us2 (its pretty odvious)

i want pretty picture here

+Rep for the Damn good read, keep them up as we go love to see who falls and who rises.
    They Call me Prodigy.

If god gives you lemons, you find a new god.

Quote Originally Posted by killerkane View Post
    This is probably the biggest FAIL i've seen in ages.
    USX: Being Terrible

Good job.
    us1 - HelleborE

Great Job, so many analysis's on S1. I'm starting to think everyone cares about end game though.

TRU has died down with the forum blasting spam, which is nice and makes skimming through forums easier on the eye's.

Thanks for taming it down a notch guys!

Good work Elfuaso your a funny guy!

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Mistake View Post
    Great Job, so many analysis's on S1. I'm starting to think everyone cares about end game though.

TRU has died down with the forum blasting spam, which is nice and makes skimming through forums easier on the eye's.

Thanks for taming it down a notch guys!

Good work Elfuaso your a funny guy!
    We have? We'll make up for it, np.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shenaynay View Post
    According to the theory of evolution, you probably shouldn't be allowed here either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    You're a ******* idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luisss View Post
    I DON'T CARE WHAT THE ANSWER IS.
    S3- Nemesis- http://travian-reports.net/us/report/60926971ac5 (That clay pit had it coming!!!!!!)
    S1- Trannysaurusrex- 7RU (the awesome wing)
    S1- Inshallah. It be but the will of God.

No neg coords for me.

Quote Originally Posted by tunaman43 View Post
    We have? We'll make up for it, np.

Elf doesn't love me.

Oh well it was still a superb analysis. I look forward to the ones in the future. Just don't leave like you did on s2.. that made me sad.
    [2:23:30 AM] Failcake: that just made me think of one of my earliest gay dreams
    [2:23:33 AM] mbstokem (Chuck Norris): keep thinking

http://images.redial.net/Beb%20Sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Beburos View Post
    Elf doesn't love me.

Oh well it was still a superb analysis. I look forward to the ones in the future. Just don't leave like you did on s2.. that made me sad.
    I thought about writing on yours, but your account sucks .

Go *edit* yourself.

Banned.

Elfuaso, you say he has no cropper around... But he has one only 5 squares away. It is taken now, but not for long.
    I'm a farm? I didn't know I was on the server >.>

I'm a farm? I didn't know I was on the server >.>

That can be past tense. He is insinuating that you are a farm by nature.

Banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post

That can be past tense. He is insinuating that you are a farm by nature.
    A farm that was an original member of his alliance? Try again later.

Palistus should list his location as 'Butt Hurt.'
    ROFL. I'm reminded of what Tyr from S1R1 said. "I just realized, we're playing the game on a whole different level from everyone else" :P Prior to quitting I played with a bunch of lunatics.

A farm that was an original member of his alliance? Try again later.
    Do you ever last a full round?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shenaynay View Post
    According to the theory of evolution, you probably shouldn't be allowed here either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    You're a ******* idiot.
    I DON'T CARE WHAT THE ANSWER IS.
    S3- Nemesis- http://travian-reports.net/us/report/60926971ac5 (That clay pit had it coming!!!!!!)
    S1- Trannysaurusrex- 7RU (the awesome wing)
    S1- Inshallah. It be but the will of God.

No neg coords for me.

Quote Originally Posted by elfuaso View Post
    The most recent account to join the coveted 8+ league (which will change to the 9+ league next week…in case any of you were wondering, I’m talking about villages),
    10+ league as of tomorrow
    They Call me Prodigy.

If god gives you lemons, you find a new god.

Quote Originally Posted by killerkane View Post
    This is probably the biggest FAIL i've seen in ages.
    USX: Being Terrible

Quote Originally Posted by RagnarsClaw View Post
    10+ league as of tomorrow
    Yes...I know .

Go *edit* yourself.

Default :)

23. Smoky – What top account analysis would be complete with these guys. Top attacker record and top hero on the server, with a veritable array of gold raiding and attacking medals, these guys are playing for one thing and one thing only; blood money. A 125% cropper provides a nice supplement to their outstanding raiding numbers, which they need to keep churning out troops for their killing machine. Who knew the SE had this many targets to attack?

It is a very interesting analysis . The only comment that i have to say is : we dont farm only in the SE

Keep up the good work elfuaso!

I've seen you come cross quad

very nice work

Quote Originally Posted by El Che View Post
    I've seen you come cross quad

very nice work
    thnx:P... its all a team work... that we know to play very well
    "I am always outnumbered, but never outmanned"
    - Eugen

Banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwydir View Post
    Palistus should list his location as 'Butt Hurt.'
    How am I butthurt? For saying I'm not a farm? Oh, Gwydir you're such a farm. No, don't deny it, don't be butthurt, just accept it man!

Quote Originally Posted by tunaman43 View Post
    Do you ever last a full round?
    I'm working on it. I almost survived S5 last round, I made it to endgamish, WWs were out at least, but I had to leave travian for 2 weeks due to RL, so my alliance catted me.

so my alliance catted me.
    Plus ca change...
    "Everyone's a pacifist between wars. It's like being a vegetarian between meals."
    --Colman McCarthy

How am I butthurt? For saying I'm not a farm? Oh, Gwydir you're such a farm. No, don't deny it, don't be butthurt, just accept it man!

I'm working on it. I almost survived S5 last round, I made it to endgamish, WWs were out at least, but I had to leave travian for 2 weeks due to RL, so my alliance catted me.
    So you're used to being cat's and farmed. Good to know

Banned.

Quote Originally Posted by keeya View Post
    Plus ca change...
    ???

Quote Originally Posted by El Che View Post
    So you're used to being cat's and farmed. Good to know
    Not farmed. I'm used to being catted, yes, but it's very rare, if ever, that I get farmed profitably on an account I'm active on.

Why does everyone always try to put words in my mouth? It gets annoying. Try again later.

Why does everyone always try to put words in my mouth? It gets annoying. Try again later.
    They do it because they find you annoying.
    [2:23:30 AM] Failcake: that just made me think of one of my earliest gay dreams
    [2:23:33 AM] mbstokem (Chuck Norris): keep thinking

http://images.redial.net/Beb%20Sig.jpg

Banned.

Not farmed. I'm used to being catted, yes.
    I mean, really? Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Palistus
    You guys shut up! I LOOK AMAZING IN MY SISTER'S PANTS! Jealous haters!
    Im telling you the kid is comedy gold. We dont even need to really insult him when he just willingly dishes up juicy stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by keeya View Post
    Plus ca change...
    ???
    I don't know if you were asking what that said because you don't read French or if you were asking why it's relevant. Allow me to answer both.

"Plus ça change" is the first half of the popular French proverb "Plus ça change, plus c'est pareil" (sometimes "... plus c'est la même chose"). It translates to "The more things change, the more they stay the same" a proverb I am sure you have heard before; now you know where it came from.

The reason keeya said it is quite simple. You are still acting butt hurt.

edit: Maybe it was just because you still didn't finish the server; but saying you are acting butt hurt makes it more fun for me.
    Last edited by mitachuk; 09-12-2010 at 06:22 PM.
    s1r5: That Guy
    s1r4: I Luv Me

???

Not farmed. I'm used to being catted, yes, but it's very rare, if ever, that I get farmed profitably on an account I'm active on.

I'm sure that if you miss us that much, Silentdumdum can let you join his alliance. Go start a new account now and join the CRAP.....cough....er.rrrr...I mean Lort alliance now.

Quote Originally Posted by elfuaso View Post
    Well there you have it; the most interesting fact for me?

The number of simful accounts that TRU has in the top 30.

Too bad you didn't "honorable mention" an interesting point of fact about those TRU "simmers."

There are 3 TRU/7RU accounts in the top 20 attackers AND top 20 heroes that aren't anywhere near the top 20 population.

All in all, a nice simmer analysis, but essentially meaningless in what -- I thought -- is a war game. Where's the beef? I look forward to your upcoming analysis that will contain, shall we say, the beef.

Quote Originally Posted by Framer View Post
    Too bad you didn't "honorable mention" an interesting point of fact about those TRU "simmers."

There are 3 TRU/7RU accounts in the top 20 attackers AND top 20 heroes that aren't anywhere near the top 20 population.

All in all, a nice simmer analysis, but essentially meaningless in what -- I thought -- is a war game. Where's the beef? I look forward to your upcoming analysis that will contain, shall we say, the beef.
    Upset your account didn't get into the analysis?

"Semper necessitas probandi incumbit ei qui agit."

Upset your account didn't get into the analysis?

I would be upset if my account was in this analysis.

I merely undertook to point out that while there are some TRU in the top 20 simmers, that hardly makes us all simmers... and that perhaps a more meaningful future analysis would take that fact into account.

Either way, poor little you wouldn't be included. Awwwwww.