Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mafia XXX Signups

Default Mafia XXX Signups

How the game works:

Notes:

Game basics:
    The players will be randomly split into multiple groups: There will always be a single group of Townspeople, which may or may not include a group of Masons who know each other; There may be one or more Mafia groups; and finally, there may be a Serial Killer and/or a group of Cultists (who are similar to the Mafias, but can recruit and lack a nightly kill). The majority of players will be Townspeople, but the other groups have the advantage of knowing who else is in their group and, by extension, who is not in their group. Each day, players will vote for one player to be "lynched" (removed from the game by [un]popular vote). After the lynching, any players with daily actions will perform them. At the end of the day, a daily summary post (often known as the "kill post") will list who has died.

The game pits the groups against each other: The villagers are trying to spot the mafias and/or independent groups (SK and Cult), generally through their voting patterns and any inconsistencies in what they say (hence "silent" players typically getting lynched early in the game), and the other groups try to deceive the villagers so that a villager or opposing group member is lynched each night.

General details:

• It will not be announced how many players are in each group; however, mafias will not exceed a total of about 30% of the players at game start, and independent groups will normally start with a single member if they even exist.
    • A randomized subset of the listed roles will be used. It will not be announced what specific roles are being used from the below, but a player's role will be announced upon their death.
    • Each day is 24 hours long, and may go into "overtime" for an additional 24 hours if needed. Each day includes a full set of lynch and night actions.
    • Votes are due by 9 PM EST
    • Kill post will (hopefully) by posted by 10 PM EST. This is an estimate, not a guarantee.

Lynching and Voting:

• Votes must be posted publicly in bold, in the form "Vote: <name>". If a player receives a majority of the votes (for example, if 9 players are alive, 5 would be the majority; 10 alive = 6 majority), then that person will be lynched at the end of the day.
    • Votes can be changed. To do so, first post "Unvote: <name>" in bold, then post on a new line "Vote: <name>" in bold.
    • Votes can only be cast for a player. "No lynch" is not allowed, except on the first night.
    • If you do not yet wish to vote for a player (whether it is because you do not yet have enough information about them, or because you fear the vote will get locked in by another group if you vote), then you can use a "Finger of Suspicion" (FoS for short) on them; this simply notes that you find their actions highly suspcious pending any explanation from them.
    • To use a Finger of Suspicion, post "FoS: <name>" in bold.
    • Finger of Suspicion can be removed by posting "Remove FoS: <name>" in bold.
    • I will try to mantain official vote/FoS lists while I am online, including the list of players voting for each potential victim.

Mafia Kill:

• Each Mafia is able to have a player killed each night. To do so, the members must PM the host (me) with the player they want dead, and the Mafia member who will be sent to kill that player. It can be done by a single member sending the info, or by each member sending their own choices in (in which case the majority rules, with a random determination for ties).
    • If the murdering Mafia member is lynched or roleblocked, the Mafia does not get a kill that night.
    • The Mafia's target can be changed once submitted up to the voting deadline. Please note in your message that you are changing your previous target/killer.
    • Your pick for target and killer can be sent in early, up to one "day" beforehand. If you are sending in your choices early, note in your message that you are sending it in early.

Specials:

• Any players with a nightly action must PM the host (me) by the time listed in General Details, either with their target's name, or to tell me that they will not use their action that night.
    • If a player dies or is roleblocked before their turn, then their action doesn't happen.
    • Specials can be changed once submitted, up to the voting deadline. Please note in your message that you are changing your previous special.
    • Specials can be sent in early, up to one "day" beforehand. If you are sending in a special early, note in your message that you are sending it in early.

Inactivity:

• If someone fails to participate in the discussions (voting counts as participation) on a 24-hour "day", they will be marked as inactive.
    • If someone fails to vote in a 48-hour "day", they will be marked as inactive.
    • If someone fails to send in their special, they will be marked as inactive.
    • Anyone who is inactive for more than 2 in-game days who has not notified the host (me) ahead of time will be eliminated for inactivity.

Action order:

• Specials happen in this order:
      • Lynches
      • Investigations
      • Roleblocks (if targets an investigator, the investigator is roleblocked for the following night)
      • Protections (cannot stop lynches)
      • Murders

• Ties are solved by www.random.org

How to win:

• A group wins if all competing groups are eliminated.
    • If the game gets to a point where the outcome is a forgone conclusion (e.g., 2 plain townspeople and 3 mafia are all that remain), then the game will be ended early.

Rules:

• 1) Don't spam. For each spam post (that is ANY post that is primarily not relating to the game), 1 warning ( ) is given.
    • 2) Stay active. If you don't give your choices to me by the deadline, you will be removed from the game. If you don't think you'll be able to stay active for 4 or 5 days from when the round starts, don't sign up.
    • 3) No posting of any type of private messages (this includes PMs, chat logs, stuff said in private forums, etc.) that pertain to this match. It's fine to have private conversations, but they stay private. Since posting private messages without the other party's consent is against the forum rules, you can also possibly get a forum ban if you break this rule. Consider yourself warned.
    • 4) No forwarding of my game-related messages (or screenshots, or any other circumvention) to other players, and no posting them, either. If I find out that you did this, you will be removed from the game; no warnings are given.
    • 5) If you're dead, GTFO. You can haunt for a little bit, but don't spoil the game, and don't try to keep participating. If you are being a nuisance, I will be requesting that you get a warning/ban from the Talk & Play mods. If you spoil the game, I will happily hand out the ban myself.
    • 6) If you want to dispute a ruling, then PM me about it. Posting about it in the thread will be treated as spam.
    • 7) Betraying your group, or otherwise not "playing to win" (such as voting for yourselves) is taboo. If I catch you doing so, you will be blacklisted from my games, no exceptions. Even if things seem hopeless, or you dislike your teammates, keep trying; if you give up (or worse, betray your team), you ruin the fun for everyone.
    Last edited by SilentLarry; 11-14-2010 at 01:53 AM.

Roles:

Note: Not all roles will be used.

THE VILLAGE

• Police Department
      • Detective
        • Investigates a player each night, learning their guilt or innocence.

• Naive Detective
        • Investigates a player each night, but always gets innocent results.
        • Told they are a normal Detective.

• Paranoid Detective
        • Investigates a player each night, but always gets guilty results.

• Insane Detective
        • Investigates a player each night, but always gets incorrect results.

• Police Officer
        • Arrests a player each night, roleblocking them.

• Tracker
        • Follows a player per night to find out who they targeted that night.

• Watcher
        • Watches a player per night to find out who targeted them that night.

• Forensic Investigator
        • May analyze a dead player each night, seeing a list of everyone who has targeted them since the start of the game.
        • The days of the targetings and the effects used are not given, only the player names.

• Thief
        • Steals an item related to a player each night, getting a basic idea of the player’s role.
        • 25% chance of stripping the power of his target if they have a role. This strip lasts until the thief dies.

• Local Hospital
      • Doctor
        • May protect another player from death each night. Cannot target themselves.

• Psychiatrist
        • May protect player from death each night, and learns their guilt or innocence. Cannot target themselves.

• Orderly
        • May protect another player from death each night, and roleblocks them. Cannot target themselves.

• Surgeon
        • If the player is not attacked, there is a 50% chance that they will die while under the surgeon's protection.

• Insane Doctor
        • There is a 50% chance that their patient will die regardless of being attacked or not.
        • Told they are a regular doctor.

• Town Mystics
      • Priest
        • Has no special.
        • If lynched, the town gets horrified, and instead, lynches the first person to vote for them.
        • At this point, the priest’s role will be known to all.

• White Mage
        • May protect a player from death each night. Cannot target themselves.
        • Protections last two nights instead of one.

• Faith Healer
        • May protect a player from death each night. Cannot target themselves.
        • 50% chance the protection fails.

• Seer
        • May investigate another player each night, with a 50% chance of learning their guilt or innocence, and a 25% chance of a false reading (opposite result).

• Warlock
        • May kill another player each night, with a 50% chance of success, and a 25% chance of dying instead.

• Mind Reader
        • Can choose one post from a person each day and sends it to the host to see if it’s true or not.

• Reviver
        • May revive one dead player per game (one-use ability).

• The Citizens
      • Vigilante
        • May kill another player each night.

• Inventor
        • Has choice to investigate, roleblock, protect, or kill another player.
        • Each option is a single-use action.

• Skitzo
        • May target another player each night.
        • Will randomly investigate, roleblock, protect, or kill the target, with an equal chance of each outcome.

• Militiaman
        • Has a 50% chance to survive a kill attempt against him.
        • In addition, he may kill one other player per game (one-use ability).

• Bodyguard
        • May protect another player each night, dying in their place if they are attacked.

• Elite Bodyguard
        • May protect another player each night, dying in their place and killing their attacker. This works on anyone except the Godparent.

• Granny
        • Kills anyone who attempts to kill them, other than the Godfather.
        • The poisoner can also kill them, since the kill isn't a direct kill.

• Governor
        • Can stop a lynching for anyone except themselves every other night. They cannot stop a lynching for the same person twice in a row.
        • They can stop all specials for a night once per game (one-use ability).
        • They cannot stop their own lynch, but they can still stop all specials for that night.

• Immobilizer
        • They may paralyze someone for one day.
        • From that KP to the next, the paralyzed victim may not post, PM, use their role, or vote.

• Nexus
        • Any actions targeting the nexus will target a random player instead. They can be lynched.
        • Told they are a townsperson.

• Lightning Rod
        • A random action gets redirected at the lightning rod instead.
        • Told they are a townsperson.

• Double-voter
        • A townsperson that can pm the host a second vote.

• Voteless Townsperson
        • Told they are a townsperson, but their vote doesn’t actually count in the lynch.

• Miller
        • Told they are a townsperson, but they appear guilty in investigations.

• Townsperson
        • Nothing special.
        • There can be multiple townspersons.

THE MAFIA

• Godparent
      • Leader of the mafia.
      • Sends in the kill each day, and who will perform the kill.
      • Appears innocent in investigations.
      • If they are killed, a random mafia member will become the new godparent.
        • The new godparent retains their original specials, and gains the godparent’s innocence special.

• Mafia Doctor
      • May protect another player from death each night.

• Poisoner
      • If sent as the mafia's killer, he attempts to poison the target, with a 50% chance of success.
      • Poison kills the player the following night, and cannot be prevented by anything except a healer.
      • Any healer can cure the poison on either night.

• Prostitute
      • May roleblock another player each night.

• Dirty Cop
      • May investigate another player each night, learning their role.

• Janitor
      • If sent as the mafia's killer, the victim's role is not revealed.

• Mafia Fence
      • Shows up as innocent to investigations.

• Sniper
      • Gets one extra kill for the mafia every two nights.

• Mafia Goon
      • Nothing special.
      • There can be multiple Mafia Goons.

INDEPENDENTS

• Serial Killer
      • May kill another player each night.
      • Until his first kill, he shows up innocent in investigations.
      • After his first kill, he shows up guilty in investigations.

• Hateful Killer
      • At the beginning of the game, selects three people to get killed. Is told their exact role. Wins if all three die before he does, but the game will still go on.
      • Cannot tell any other player of this information.
      • If he reveals these players and their roles, he is auto-killed and can possibly get banned in my future mafia rounds.

• Bomber
      • Blows up if killed, taking two random people with him.
      • Nothing happens if he gets lynched.

• Bus Driver
      • Switches around two people. Whatever happens to person A happens to person B.
      • Takes effect as soon as submitted.
      • Does not affect the lynch victim.
      • If someone investigates person A after the bus driver has switched him with person B then the investigator will get results of investigating person B instead. (still told they investigated person A)

• Jester
      • Wins if lynched, but the game will still go on.
      • Loses if killed any other way.

• Artifact Collector
      • Has a collection of one-shot power items, but has no idea what any of these items does.

Participants
    Nortac
    Censored
    Akor
    Brahma
    dooglash sontoosh
    DoomKnight
    Ronnie9752
    ToxicDrinkingPete
    phantom01
    mbstokem
    Tosca
    Channingman
    Dollars
    Sarasvati
    Mouse-Keyboard
    Tntandy
    Shader
    Neros
    Gotmilk
    Jacana
    JuliusCaesar
    Jumper4677
    VitaminC
    konehead
    Dexys
    cobo
    Voltage
    Last edited by SilentLarry; 11-14-2010 at 02:52 AM.

Philosopher

In!!
    Dethy record:
    As mafia:4-3
    As detective: 14-3
    Overall:18-6

Did you see what that girl was wearing? She needs to learn some fashion.

I guess I'll try this again.
    This is not my avatar.

I would like to play too please.

/in.

Also, does the Bus Driver activate after the lynch, and before the investigation, then? Or?

Thief might be a bit OP, perhaps the thief can have one stolen item at a time?

Ronnie is in!

RoaR!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    Ronnie was right

ill join cuz im waiting for my resources in travian to buildup, and its boring to watch the time
    Last edited by ToxicDrinkingPete; 11-10-2010 at 01:35 AM. Reason: timing

Quote Originally Posted by ToxicDrinkingPete View Post
    ill join cuz im waiting for my resources in travian to buildup, and its boring to watch the time
    Just FYI this game lasts a week or so.
    Ronnie was right

exactumundo, it makes my time worthwhile waiting

/in.
    - Phantom
    Starcraft2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loSzpvq73FY Watch for LuLz

Quote Originally Posted by Nevermind View Post
    I sooooooo had to stop in and read this one.

Quote Originally Posted by dooglash sontoosh View Post
    /in.

Also, does the Bus Driver activate after the lynch, and before the investigation, then? Or?
    It occurs as soon as it's submitted, thereby affecting investigation results. However, it does not affect the lynch in any way. That make any sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Brahma View Post
    Thief might be a bit OP, perhaps the thief can have one stolen item at a time?
    Yeah. Maybe I'll make his power strip have a 33% or 25% chance of occuring or something. The learning the basic role thing will always occur, however.

Inn.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbstokem View Post
    o ya. i hope he goes back to it. i liked my name being in some1's sig

/in.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentLarry View Post
    If a player receives a majority of the votes (for example, if 9 players are alive, 5 would be the majority; 10 alive = 6 majority), then that person will be lynched at the end of the day.
    What if all living people don't vote? Is it a majority of votes cast that counts, or living players?
    What if a person has only a plurality of votes cast/living players?
    What if there's a tie?
    Does No Lynch happen if the lynch conditions are not met by the deadline, or is the deadline extended?
    Last edited by Tosca; 11-10-2010 at 03:59 AM.

Lol, I was hoping for an action theme. After all your round is XXX.

But I'd love a nice normal themeless round, they're good to have every few rounds.

I'm disappointed. The theme should be entirely sex-based in spirit of the round number.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirveri View Post
    I would like to have a fertile female for a mate

The country with the world's longest official name

I might play...

Im in.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-OLi4mnSho
    "
    Quote Originally Posted by VENTSO
    'you are banned for starting such a stupid post"
    "

In.
    A gentleman and a scholar.
    And if I could show you, you would never leave it. Never.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToxicDrinkingPete View Post
    im confused but somewhat aroused

Quote Originally Posted by Tosca View Post
    /in.

What if all living people don't vote? Is it a majority of votes cast that counts, or living players?
    What if a person has only a plurality of votes cast/living players?
    What if there's a tie?
    Does No Lynch happen if the lynch conditions are not met by the deadline, or is the deadline extended?
    Majority is based on votes casted.
    I don't get your second question.
    Ties are solved by random.org.
    No, someone will always be lynched, except on night one if no lynch receives the majority.
    These are based off past rounds if I remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Shenaynay View Post
    I'm disappointed. The theme should be entirely sex-based in spirit of the round number.
    I was thinking of that, but I don't wanna get in trouble from it. I did notice the irony in my round # though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarasvati View Post
    When will we start?
    Round will likely start on Friday night, unless there are not enough players imo, in which I'll delay the round for one more day.

These are based off past rounds if I remember.
    Ah, ok. If it's following the same mechanics of the other rounds here, that answers all the questions in one fell swoop. Thanks. The description in the rules just made it sound like the voting might be different than past rounds.

I don't get your second question.
    I was thinking of situations where we have something like 4 votes, 3 votes, and 3 votes. The 4 vote person doesn't have a majority, just a plurality. The ruleset only talked about lynching if there was a clear majority, hence the question for clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse-Keyboard View Post
    I might play...
    If you will, do. If you won't, don't.

I'm in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiiger View Post
    RoooBlimpoonakakakaneowoowow.
    I drawed my own sig! ^.^

Also, if this affects the game, i will be gone friday night, and all of saturady
    - Phantom
    Starcraft2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loSzpvq73FY Watch for LuLz

Quote Originally Posted by Nevermind View Post
    I sooooooo had to stop in and read this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacana View Post
    Lol, I was hoping for an action theme. After all your round is XXX.

But I'd love a nice normal themeless round, they're good to have every few rounds.
    So are you playing?

So are you playing?
    Yeah, sorry.

This looks like it will be a good round!
    Ronnie was right

Philosopher Principal Brian Lewis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie9752 View Post
    This looks like it will be a good round!
    Oh? Why, are you not playing

Quote Originally Posted by Gotmilk View Post
    Oh? Why, are you not playing
    I'm playing...
    Ronnie was right

/in.

Quote Originally Posted by Zingoleb View Post
    I walked into shoe barefoot one day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacana View Post
    'Cept JC, he's got it right.

Oh hey, SL, I noticed that when you copied this from Woden's round, you forgot to take out the part that says you have the power to ban people for the posting of private messages.