Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: Mafia XXX: Game Thread

I voted before she did her investigation.

And we know they're both are mafia now, so does it really matter which one we lynch, and which one we kill? Switching now just makes more work for me and the immobilizer.

(Well...or we have pretty darn good certainty they're both mafia. Theoretically, the mafia could have just forgotten to do something last night, and mouse could be indie).

Quote Originally Posted by SilentLarry View Post
    Ok, good luck hosting a round of 8-11 players.
    What would be so bad about that?

Quote Originally Posted by dooglash sontoosh View Post
    Also, can people stop being blind, and actually read the thread? Like, for srs. If I were to host a round soon, I would stop half of you from playing simply because you contribute nothing. Alas, I'm not, so you would still be able to play .
    What, is there a law that says you can't host a rogue game?

Quote Originally Posted by mbstokem View Post
    Why?
    'Cus we have proof that Mouse isn't Village, where as DK is speculation.

Ok, good luck hosting a round of 8-11 players.
    Mmmmm, it'd be a fun round. One killing mafia role w/ 2-3 mafia, maybe on india, and a village, with a healer and a detective. Take a lot of skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Tosca View Post
    I voted before she did her investigation.

And we know they're both are mafia now, so does it really matter which one we lynch, and which one we kill? Switching now just makes more work for me and the immobilizer.

(Well...or we have pretty darn good certainty they're both mafia. Theoretically, the mafia could have just forgotten to do something last night, and mouse could be indie).

What, is there a law that says you can't host a rogue game?
    Wasn't directed at you .

We don't know that DK is mafia. We can speculate that they are, but, Chan was active the first night, and yet the mafia didn't kill. I'm not saying he's not, but we have proof that Mouse isn't village (along with stokem), but if Mouse was indy, I would think he'd be more likely to say "I'm not Mafia" rather than "I'm not Village".

Meh.

No, there isn't, at all. In fact, there are no laws regarding Mafia, to the best of my knoweledge. However, I (at least), have perceived it as people host with consent of the players, and thus we have an order of hosts, so that things aren't random/unplanned, and everyone can be content.

I would love to host a round right now, but I have no idea how many people would join/if anyone would join. So, yup :P.

Doog, that's why Tosca is killing mouse and we're lynching DK...
    o ya. i hope he goes back to it. i liked my name being in some1's sig

Doog, that's why Tosca is killing mouse and we're lynching DK...
    Yeah, I'm lazy. I sent mine in early so I wouldn't forget again. And I dun wanna have to go through the thread later and count votes, though looks like I may have to anyway now.

Mmmmm, it'd be a fun round. One killing mafia role w/ 2-3 mafia, maybe on india, and a village, with a healer and a detective. Take a lot of skill.

I would love to host a round right now, but I have no idea how many people would join/if anyone would join. So, yup :P.
    I'd join. Unless people are going to get mad and cause drama about players possibly being distracted from the planned large mafia rounds, I don't see how running a mini would be a problem.

Doog, that's why CENSORED...
    I'm just going to ignore you saying that in the hopes the mafia doctor doesn't notice .

Yeah, I'm lazy. I sent mine in early so I wouldn't forget again. And I dun wanna have to go through the thread later and count votes, though looks like I may have to anyway now.

I'd join. Unless people are going to get mad and cause drama about players possibly being distracted from the planned large mafia rounds, I don't see how running a mini would be a problem.
    Haha, :P.

Unvote: Mouse
    Vote: Doomknight

Also, aight. I'll type one up, but, not until the end of the weekend, so as to give the chance for anyone really against the idea of two simultaneous rounds time to speak up.

KP?
    And so help me I`am dead.
    Fine.

Im back, but sadly I'm sick now

Vote: Doom
    Reason: above statements
    - Phantom
    Starcraft2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loSzpvq73FY Watch for LuLz

Quote Originally Posted by Nevermind View Post
    I sooooooo had to stop in and read this one.

Also, you got proven wrong! I`am the role I said I was!
    Fine.

lol this is unanimous.

Doomknight-9 (Tosca, Sarasvati, mbstokem, Voltage, Dexys, Neros, konehead, doog, phantom01)

KP coming after a post.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinasilna View Post
    I'm going to go postal and catapult everyone in my 801x801. No, I don't have catapults yet, but when I get them you all better watch out!

Kill Post 7

In a truly unanimous vote, Doomknight was to be lynched. In fact, the lynch was so unanimous that an artifact that the Artifact Collector activated had no effect on it, since there were no minority votes.

Doomknight was lynched, and was the Mafia Doctor.

The Elite Bodyguard proceeded to offer his services to doog.

Doog was protected by the elite bodyguard.

The vigilante took a deep breath, savouring the moment since he somehow was alive once more. After that, he was serious. He searched the city for Mouse-keyboard. He wanted him dead. Through his search, he stopped at a pizza parlor for a snack. It was just there that he found the guy he was looking for. Once he finished his slice of pizza, he took out his rifle and fired it once it aimed at MK's head. In an instant, MK was dead.

The vigilante took out Mouse-Keyboard, the janitor.

The next day, there was news that the mafia has been completely irradicated. The village had a big celebration to honor this moment. They even invited mbstokem, the arifact collector whom had a neutral allegiance to the village, to their party, since he posed no threat to them.

The Village Wins!
    As well as mbstokem, the Arifact Collector.

If you wish to see the roles of the remaining players, then check out the rolelist in the OP.

Short round for so many players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    Ronnie was right

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie9752 View Post
    Short round for so many players.
    Apparently you guys had a near flawless-game. Not to mention the SK died early in this round.

Apparently you guys had a near flawless-game. Not to mention the SK died early in this round.
    And how I the Bodyguard was killed.
    Ronnie was right

Wow..that was quite easy.
    Fine.

Well IMO the Villager was overpowered compared to the Mafia as the mafia had only 6/27 people which is 22% of everyone playing.
    Ronnie was right

Really wish I'd lasted longer. I'd like to thank Neros, for providing me with an alibi in case anyone had tried pointing any fingers at me; random.org for selecting my kills; and myself, for being awesome.

What would the artifact have done?

Quote Originally Posted by Nortac View Post
    Really wish I'd lasted longer. I'd like to thank Neros, for providing me with an alibi in case anyone had tried pointing any fingers at me; random.org for selecting my kills; and myself, for being awesome.
    *shoots random.org with a rifle*

Neros provided you with an alibi?

The last one?

It would make whoever the artifact collector voted be lynched, regardless of majorities.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie9752 View Post
    Well IMO the Villager was overpowered compared to the Mafia as the mafia had only 6/27 people which is 22% of everyone playing.
    Yeah, as this round seemed to close, I was thinking that the village/mafia ratio was too small. I will likely take that into consideration on my next round.

Yeah, he used his super-inventor-powers to investigate me before I killed someone, meaning I had an innocent investigation on me. Since inventor gets accurate results, it is as good as a clear for me.

The ratio was fine, the village just had an extremely lucky round with finding the sane detective right off the bat and him getting guilty findings. Plus, Saras mind reader role came in handy on 2 of them. So, overall the ratio was fine, the village was just stacked with luck and skill.

Philosopher

Wow Granny is sucky when no one tar gets you , but good job village
    Dethy record:
    As mafia:4-3
    As detective: 14-3
    Overall:18-6

Quote Originally Posted by Censored View Post
    Wow Granny is sucky when no one tar gets you , but good job village
    Lulz. True.
    Fine.

The ratio was fine, the village just had an extremely lucky round with finding the sane detective right off the bat and him getting guilty findings. Plus, Saras mind reader role came in handy on 2 of them. So, overall the ratio was fine, the village was just stacked with luck and skill.
    Also, once chan and Jac were dead, the mafia consisted of nothing but inactives, so yeah.

^What mbstokem and Larry said. 22% mafia isn't a bad ratio -- activity level and lucky hits by town just screwed them over.

^What mbstokem and Larry said. 22% mafia isn't a bad ratio -- activity level and lucky hits by town just screwed them over.
    Usually mafia has a 33% ratio.

----
    Is Hydralisk active to start the next round? If he isn't, I'm gonna ask to delay mine one more, this week is finals week.

But it doesn't hurt them to have a lower ratio...

Iz called skillz. And I gotz lotz of it .

Quote Originally Posted by Jacana View Post
    Mmm, this is how I look at it.

6/27 are mafia. So, 21 left. 2 are Indy. So 19 left. So now we're at roughly 1 Mafia for every 3 Village, or 1:3, which is actually a pretty good number set.

Again, what stokem said. We simply had a really good run, everything worked out near perfectly. Nothing the mafia could have done (besides killing me or saras from the get go).

Also, opinions on me hosting a quick, 15 at most picked round in conjunction with the next round? I will take as many sign ups, but only pick the top 10-15 or so to play, so it might be biased, and some feelings might be hurt, but it should make for a solid, fun, quick round.

Also, opinions on me hosting a quick, 15 at most picked round in conjunction with the next round? I will take as many sign ups, but only pick the top 10-15 or so to play, so it might be biased, and some feelings might be hurt, but it should make for a solid, fun, quick round.
    Don't do that please. One at a time.

Don't do that please. One at a time.
    Yup, that's what I thought, too. But, earlier in this thread, there seemed to be some interest in a round, so I was throwing it out there.

In that case, sign ups!!!

The country with the world's longest official name

That's the longest I've ever lasted on one of these before

Quote Originally Posted by Nortac View Post
    You're welcome then!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiiger View Post
    RoooBlimpoonakakakaneowoowow.
    I drawed my own sig! ^.^

Yay! All I did was protect doog when I could get online, but I lived!

EDIT: I guess hydralisk is hosting now.

But it doesn't hurt them to have a lower ratio...
    I've been over this; less mafia iz bad. When mafia die, they get a lower ratio. Mafia dieing is bad for mafia. Lower ratio is bad for mafia. It's really simple.
    Last edited by Jumper4677; 11-21-2010 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumper4677 View Post
    I've been over this; less mafia iz bad. When mafia die, they get a lower ratio. Mafia dieing is bad for mafia. Lower ratio is bad for mafia. It's really simple.
    Well I guess since you say so it must be right.

You know, when village die, they get a lower ratio too... Village dieing is bad for village. Lower ratio is bad for village. See what I did there?

When there are less mafia it's even harder to find them, if the mafia can fly under the radar until the ratio is a little more in their favor then they aren't faced with the domino effect (which is when 1 mafia member is found, at least 1 other is found too for trying to defend them or in some other way being suspicious). This happens when you have more mafia people, so the less mafia you have the better chance of avoiding that.

so are we ready to start the next round?
    - Phantom
    Starcraft2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loSzpvq73FY Watch for LuLz

Quote Originally Posted by Nevermind View Post
    I sooooooo had to stop in and read this one.

You know, when village die, they get a lower ratio too... Village dieing is bad for village. Lower ratio is bad for village. See what I did there?

When there are less mafia it's even harder to find them, if the mafia can fly under the radar until the ratio is a little more in their favor then they aren't faced with the domino effect (which is when 1 mafia member is found, at least 1 other is found too for trying to defend them or in some other way being suspicious). This happens when you have more mafia people, so the less mafia you have the better chance of avoiding that.
    I guess it was because every time a mafia was on the chopping block, another one happened to either defend them, get FoS'd, then voted and lynched next night, or someone found out their guilt right after.

Also, with less mafia, and forced lynches every night, the village must lynch someone, and will have a higher chance of lynching village. And when they lynch a villager, it'll be a higher chance of it being someone with a power role. So, unless the round turns out like this one (mass roleclaiming), it'll still be really easy for the mafia to take cover, and even then, it won't be too hard, if the mafia's good.

On top of that, the host can protect the mafia a bit more and add multiple millers ('guilty' villagers) so that the detective gets more false hits, thus sparing the mafia more, and giving the detective a higher chance of dieing.

If there is a round with 22 people, with 1 indy and 3 mafia, I would put my money on the mafia winning, no doubt. Especially if they are good, and no what they are doing.

Also, has anyone seen hydralisk active?

If he doesn't put up his thread by Wednesday, switch him with the next in line, mebs?

Also, with less mafia, and forced lynches every night, the village must lynch someone, and will have a higher chance of lynching village. And when they lynch a villager, it'll be a higher chance of it being someone with a power role. So, unless the round turns out like this one (mass roleclaiming), it'll still be really easy for the mafia to take cover, and even then, it won't be too hard, if the mafia's good.

On top of that, the host can protect the mafia a bit more and add multiple millers ('guilty' villagers) so that the detective gets more false hits, thus sparing the mafia more, and giving the detective a higher chance of dieing.

If there is a round with 22 people, with 1 indy and 3 mafia, I would put my money on the mafia winning, no doubt. Especially if they are good, and no what they are doing.

Also, has anyone seen hydralisk active?

If he doesn't put up his thread by Wednesday, switch him with the next in line, mebs?
    Yea, but after hydra is Jac, and he had this to say.

----
    Is Hydralisk active to start the next round? If he isn't, I'm gonna ask to delay mine one more, this week is finals week.
    So I'm not sure what to do then. If chan allows it, maybe you can start your "special" mafia round?

I cant believe I got lynched because people didnt know how the roles worked. I was immobilised. That takes effect AFTER KP. Unfortunantly, because of that, I couldnt tell the morons who didnt read the OP that If I had gotten on, I could have sent in the kill. I just didnt end up on long enough to read through the entire thread, so I couldnt decide what to do since I didnt know all the info.

Quote Originally Posted by DoomKnight View Post
    I cant believe I got lynched because people didnt know how the roles worked. I was immobilised. That takes effect AFTER KP. Unfortunantly, because of that, I couldnt tell the morons who didnt read the OP that If I had gotten on, I could have sent in the kill. I just didnt end up on long enough to read through the entire thread, so I couldnt decide what to do since I didnt know all the info.
    Yup, all thanks to me ^^
    Fine.