Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Mafia XXX: Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by SilentLarry View Post
    So I'm not sure what to do then. If chan allows it, maybe you can start your "special" mafia round?
    Chan has no more say than the rest of us :P.

Also, then just skip to the person after Jacana, and then it'd go hydralisk, and then Jacana.

So then GM needs to host?
    Quote Originally Posted by mbstokem View Post
    o ya. i hope he goes back to it. i liked my name being in some1's sig

Philosopher Principal Brian Lewis's Avatar

So then GM needs to host?
    Fine by me. But I will be hunting this week. I could have sign ups and start Saturday.

Doog if you arent on the list please don't host. Why even have a list then.

Quote Originally Posted by Voltage View Post
    Yup, all thanks to me ^^
    No, not thanks to you. Thanks to people being ignorant and not reading OP.

Quote Originally Posted by DoomKnight View Post
    No, not thanks to you. Thanks to people being ignorant and not reading OP.
    Oh..way to kill my mood.
    Fine.

Actually I can probably run it fine. Especially since, with Drama club out for a while I'll get home earlier, so this week would actually be best for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacana View Post
    Actually I can probably run it fine. Especially since, with Drama club out for a while I'll get home earlier, so this week would actually be best for me.
    Then gogogo

@GM, doog hosting would be like Dethy, but different. Think of it as an elite round.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotmilk View Post
    Fine by me. But I will be hunting this week. I could have sign ups and start Saturday.

Doog if you arent on the list please don't host. Why even have a list then.
    Just throwing it out there GM .

Then gogogo

@GM, doog hosting would be like Dethy, but different. Think of it as an elite round.
    Also, this^. Remember when Chan tried to get an IRC mafia going? (Which failed due to lack of activity, no fault of his own.) It'd be like that. 15 people tops, more like 10, and the people chosen would be those to make the round go quickly, no lurkers, no dummy heads, no spammers. Only those that contribute and play well.

And I would also have a list made for that as well, as it's a Dethy/Mafia inbetween, (only real roles are Detective/Mafia/and Serial Killer, and the mafia kills people by votes), so mass roleclaiming/shenanigans are allowed. And thus, the ownership would pass around, probably to one of the previous games' players, etc.

Thus, it'd be like a third type mafia round. Yes, a little elitish, but there would be chances for new players to get in and make themselves known.

Still a no (@ GM & Jac)?

Quote Originally Posted by dooglash sontoosh View Post

And I would also have a list made for that as well, as it's a Dethy/Mafia inbetween,

Still a no (@ GM & Jac)?
    Hmmm, if only someone else had thought of something like this before....

(Like me ))

I guess you could, but probably stick to your number of 10. 15 would be to close to some actual mafia numbers we've had.

Also if you do. Count me in.

Hmmm, if only someone else had thought of something like this before....

(Like me ))

I guess you could, but probably stick to your number of 10. 15 would be to close to some actual mafia numbers we've had.

Also if you do. Count me in.
    Mmmm, I've had sporadic attendance on the forums over the past 2 years (OMFG 2 years in December, IKR?), what art thou eluding to?

10 it is.

Count you signed up . It's up to each individual host to decide who is in, who is out.

Now all I need is Jac's say so, or an overwhelming 'Yes', before I'll put up the first round. Someone else, of course may, but they'd probably be flamed by me for stealing my idears :P.

I vote yes, but that's just because I like playing.

Philosopher

Quote Originally Posted by Channingman View Post
    I vote yes, but that's just because I like playing.
    This.
    Dethy record:
    As mafia:4-3
    As detective: 14-3
    Overall:18-6

Rawr, that was just dethy hybrid. Not full on 3rd type of mafia.

Rawr, that was just dethy hybrid. Not full on 3rd type of mafia.
    It was an experiment to see if 3rd type mafia would work. But then it failed. Now I think it would work.

Vote Yes on Proposition: Doog.

I voted on page 73.

It doesn't seem like much of a new breed of mafia if it's just less people, if people think they can handle two at once then go for it. I'm not gonna sign up though, hosting is enough for me.

It doesn't seem like much of a new breed of mafia if it's just less people, if people think they can handle two at once then go for it. I'm not gonna sign up though, hosting is enough for me.
    Ok, thanks for the get go .

Starting the round as fast as I can type, sign ups will be decided then.

Well I guess since you say so it must be right.

You know, when village die, they get a lower ratio too... Village dieing is bad for village. Lower ratio is bad for village. See what I did there?

When there are less mafia it's even harder to find them, if the mafia can fly under the radar until the ratio is a little more in their favor then they aren't faced with the domino effect (which is when 1 mafia member is found, at least 1 other is found too for trying to defend them or in some other way being suspicious). This happens when you have more mafia people, so the less mafia you have the better chance of avoiding that.
    Yes, of course that's true. The less villagers that there are, the harder it is for village.

Not many good mafia players have much trouble with the domino effect.

Wouldn't the best ratio for the mafia to be to have one mafia then? And the best for the village would be to have 10 mafia and 11 villagers?

The country with the world's longest official name

Quote Originally Posted by Jumper4677 View Post
    Wouldn't the best ratio for the mafia to be to have one mafia then? And the best for the village would be to have 10 mafia and 11 villagers?
    Wrong way around

Yes, of course that's true. The less villagers that there are, the harder it is for village.

There's no ideal for villagers. The smaller the difference between mafia and villagers, the less room for error the villagers have.

Dude. With 10 mafia and 11 villagers, the game would be over in one night, two nights top.

Dude. With 10 mafia and 11 villagers, the game would be over in one night, two nights top.
    How?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    Ronnie was right

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie9752 View Post
    How?
    Well, if the village makes one mistake, then the mafia tie them, and one more kill and they win.

That was just ignorant and doesn't deserve an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie9752 View Post
    How?
    There's a couple situations that can be serious for the village.

Miss and Lose (milo/mylo): Happens when there are two more villagers than there are mafia. If the village lynches and doesn't lynch a mafia, then mafia kills a villager and the numbers are the same, meaning mafia wins.

Lynch or Lose (lylo): Happens in a no-lynch option round when there is exactly one more villager than there is mafia. If the village does not lynch, then the mafia uses their night kill to take out a villager, tying the numbers. This situation is also a milo.

That was just ignorant and doesn't deserve an answer.
    Funny; I just reread jumper's post and to me it seems he contradicts himself.

Funny; I just reread jumper's post and to me it seems he contradicts himself.
    how so? It's a simple concept. The fewer mafia that there are, the worse they'll do, the fewer villagers that there are, the worse they'll do. mbstokem and doog are saying the opposite.

how so? It's a simple concept. The fewer mafia that there are, the worse they'll do, the fewer villagers that there are, the worse they'll do. mbstokem and doog are saying the opposite.

Okay, but the way you worded your last post, it seems hard to understand your point.

You're wrong.

You're wrong.
    What? The mafia part, the village part, or both?

What? The mafia part, the village part, or both?
    The mafia part, the mafia doesn't need a lot of members to do well.

The mafia part, the mafia doesn't need a lot of members to do well.
    More help. Yes, the more mafia there are the more likely you'll kill one. But it also gives the mafia more "lives" so to speak.

More help. Yes, the more mafia there are the more likely you'll kill one. But it also gives the mafia more "lives" so to speak.
    Mmm, but if some of those lives are ****ty, then they will more than likely give away their fellow mafia. Or **** up in some other manner.

Mmm, but if some of those lives are ****ty, then they will more than likely give away their fellow mafia. Or **** up in some other manner.
    Not necessarily. Usually every round there is a "newbie" player in the mafia, it's rare they make a mistake actually.

Not necessarily. Usually every round there is a "newbie" player in the mafia, it's rare they make a mistake actually.
    I can point you to last round. Mouse-Keyboard. His mistake was simply not playing, and so (I guess) he finally got caught.

And the round before that, stokem (albeit not a newb, but everyone makes mistakes) tried to save me, when it was pretty clear (from what I could tell) that I was going down.

And I could go on, but my memory doesn't serve that well past 2 weeks. But my point is, is that in every mafia round where there are larger amounts of mafia, more mafia die faster.

And yes, while taking into consideration, that if there are less mafia, it really doesn't matter, it in fact does.

As when there are more mafia, there are less village. And thus, it is easier for the villager to come together and have a tightly knit group, making it harder for the mafia to infiltrate.

But if there are less mafia, and more village, there is more room for the mafia to wiggle in, thus making it easier for the mafia to excel.

I guess technically, it could be easier for someone (in a large mafia group) to pull off an early on betray, that will secure them for most, if not all of the round, however, tbh, I don't think anyone here is skilled enough to do so, or, if they are, they would need the help of someone else that is skilled enough to do so, and the chances of them being in the mafia are rather small.

So, it'd be safer putting a small group of mafia together in the hopes they are semi competent, rather than overstacking the mafia with lots of players, thus taking away from the skill in the Village (because there are a few players here that are simply better than most everyone else, Brahma/Chan/HS instantly come to mind, although I'm sure there are more), thus making it simply unfair, as we have seen in the past.

So, in a perfect world, yes, a larger mafia could work.

However, this isn't a perfect world, and there aren't enough mafia games going on nor players to make it so, so smaller mafias are better tailored to forum.travian.us mafia than other mafia sizes.

I didn't make a mistake, had I not tried to save you I would've been lynched next anyway and had you and VitC been on and voted you wouldn't have been lynched. So, either way I would've been lynched, so why not try and save you?

I didn't make a mistake, had I not tried to save you I would've been lynched next anyway and had you and VitC been on and voted you wouldn't have been lynched. So, either way I would've been lynched, so why not try and save you?
    Mmmm, my bad then. I mainly just skimmed and saw you going down with me, :P.