Thread: Old Mac's T4 Fallacies/Facts: Uncovered

Senator

Default Old Mac's T4 Fallacies/Facts: Uncovered

T4 Fallacies/Facts: Uncovered

Everything written below is intended to aid the smooth transition from pre-T4 servers into the new T4. Differences in gameplay that are helpful to know, as well as some basic T4 fact are displayed.

If anyone sees anything worth adding, just post below or send me a PM and I'll work it in.

For further T4 information, see brinky's T4 FAQ/Q&A, the Travian 4 Developer's Blog, or Travian Answers.

Oh Em Gee! My hero just died, how will I ever revive him without a hero’s mansion?!?!?!!1?!

FACT: In T4, you DO NOT need a Hero’s Mansion to revive your hero. Simply click on the picture of your hero in the top right, and hit the revive button. The hero still has a cost to revive however, increasing depending on the level of your hero.

Gahh, I wish I could see which field is which! This is so confusing!

FACT: The T4 map in general is less supported by the majority of players than the older map mostly due its rather confusing and small look . However, one little tidbit that could be useful is that when you’re viewing the map, simply press the “G” button to bring forward gridlines. Enjoy! In addition, an alternative to click-drag method of moving around the map, you can move around using the WASD characters, or the arrow pad.

Darnit! Why can’t I take this oasis? The map is centered on my village, I have my Hero’s Mansion to level 10, I DON’T UNDERSTAND!!11!1

FACT: Been there, done that. For some reason, there is yet another major change to the map, and that is making it 9x7, as opposed to the original 7x7. This means that the oases in the rows on the left and right side of the map’s standard view will not be available for you to capture with your hero.

What's this? Why can't I use my hero?! I JUST sent him over from my spawn village to my new village!

FACT: Irregardless of the fact you don't need a Hero's Mansion to use your hero in your spawn village, in order to use him from any other villages, a Hero's Mansion must be built and completed prior to him being sent, otherwise he will act as a reinforcement.

Well this says that if I send an attack, I'm going to lose my Beginners Protection...I'm not giving that up to attack a lousy oasis!

FACT: Attacking an oasis does not revoke your Beginners Protection, only attacking another player will do that.
    NOTE: Natars do not count as "players", therefore attacks on Natars WILL NOT revoke your BP

I'm almost out of Beginners Protection...oh no! My hero is going to be the lone defender of my village! What if I get attacked...he'll DIE!

FACT: You are given the option to have your hero not defend the village he currently resides in(some great hero he is). In fact, this is the default setting. If you wish to change this, simply click the box labeled "If checked, your hero will not defend the village he currently belongs to" in order to toggle this option.

This is odd, how come I’m still getting resources from this oasis?

FACT: In T4, there are more resources available for the taking. In 25% oases you could potentially grab 4,000 resources, and in a 50% oasis, you could take 8,000. In addition, there are now 50% oases for all the resource types, not just wheat. Get clearing!

Man, what am I going to do with all these darned cages? I can’t afford to feed all these pesky critters, I’m already negative 250 crop!

FACT: You’re in luck. Animals do not consume any crop. They are fed from the “magic in the air”. Weird, I know, but who am I to complain, I’ve never been able to have pets due to lack of attention span and the high risk that I’ll forget to feed them. Thank you, Travian Games.

Let’s see…6 cages, 22 animals…No way! I’m not doing that! After I catch my six animals those other ones are going to kill my fragile little hero!

FACT: When capturing animals with cages, after all the cages equipped to your hero are used up, he turns around and comes home; no battle. Animals cruelty is bad, remember that kids.

I don’t want these rats anymore, those elephants are sooooooo much better. Let me just release these stupid rodents, so I can catch me some elephants!

FACT: Once you use a cage, it’s used. Kaput. Done for. Releasing animals won’t get you your cages back, you just need to either buy some, or stumble upon some more during an adventure.

I’m not building my wall up yet, there’s no point until I have troops to put behind it!

FACT: The wall in T4 now gives, in addition to the traditional defense % bonus, a set defensive boost to a village. In effect, a leveled up wall can take on a small raiding party on it’s own, even if only enough to make raiding your village more difficult and less profitable.

Yes! This hero resource boost is saawweeetttt! I’m going to set it on wheat so I don’t need to build up my stupid cropland.

FACT: While the resource bonus from the new T4 hero is “saawwweeeettt”, and while using the aforementioned tactic is feasible, if you leave the bonus set to spread out between the four different types, you’ll end up netting 20% more resources than if you selected one individually. Do the math, you’ll see it. Also, if you do end up using the wheat bonus to avoid building crop fields, you’re setting yourself up to be crop locked upon the death of your hero.

With my next hero level I think I’m going to put all 5 points into regeneration. It’s so annoying waiting for my hero to recover after a tough day at the office!

FACT: True, waiting for your hero to regenerate himself is a drag, but there is no “regeneration” attribute for heroes in T4, and guess what else? You only get 4 points to distribute to your hero for each level gained. Each hero is set to regain 10% per day. This can only be increased with items such as the Helmet of Regeneration, Armor of Regeneration, or the Boots of Regeneration. Alternately, place a few points in Fighting Strength and he’ll take less damage during battle or adventures, or use some ointments to quickly mend your hero’s injuries.

What are these "adventures" I keep hearing about?

FACT: Adventures are new to T4 as part of the new hero system. by clicking the small map icon (adventure icon) on the top right of the screen by the graphic of your hero, you can view all those adventures which are available to you. In adventures, you can find, among other things, resources, armor, cages, bandages, troops, or nothing at all! View a complete list here.

What the heck?! Why can’t I join in on the auctions?!?!

FACT: Auctions become available to you only after completing your first ten adventures. Get going! For more on Auction in T4, see here.

Finally! This second village is mine! Second one on the server, yes! I bet these resources from the quest are going to help a ton!

FACT: Yes, these resources you are awarded for founding a second village, all 6,700 of them, will help a great amount in starting up your new village. However, when you collect your reward, MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON YOUR SPAWN VILLAGE. This village will have the warehouse and granary capacity to store all of the resources given to you. If you collect the reward while on the new village(having a warehouse and granary holding 750/800 resources), you'll end up wasting 6,500 resources. So be careful, and make sure you get full use out of this reward. An alternative would be to build up the warehouse space in the new village and then claim the reward once there is adequate space. To each their own.

What's this? A NATAR village just appeared a few spaces away? That's odd...

FACT: In T4, the Natars are present all round long. In addition to their WW villages and main village, they will create what are called independent villages. These are like any other village, in that they build buildings, have a steady resource production, and will build some troops as well. These can be attacked, farmed, chiefed, etc. However, instead of spawning randomly, the Natars take over inactive villages as opposed to deletion.

What the heck! Where did my blacksmith go?! Where's my armory?!?

FACT: In T4, the blacksmith and armory have been combined in to one single building called the smithy. Here you can upgrade the attack/defense stats for all troops. Basically, it's all the functionality of the two older buildings into this new building.

Hey! Why are there so many attacks coming in on my village? I JUST settled here!

FACT: In T4, there is an area in the center of the map controlled by the Natars. No players will spawn here upon account creation. Players are allowed to settle here, but upon settlement they will be attacked by Natars with the intent of village destruction. So be prepared for a fight! If your village survives this attack, no more will follow. This "Gray Area" is roughly 21 squares in radius at all points, and no villages settled in here will produce CP's, which is rather unfortunate, as a very high rate of good croppers(150% 15c) are located here.
    Last edited by Old MacDonald; 10-06-2012 at 05:30 PM.
    My first hammer: s8r1 - mhisti
    Not my first hammer: s1r4 - Loved1

s1r7 - Ifrit 3,111,384 offense points

[6:49:56 PM] Bugzy: Let's report Ifrit for genocide

Quote Originally Posted by Old MacDonald View Post
    T4 Fallacies/Facts: Uncovered

Yes! This hero resource boost is saawweeetttt! I’m going to set it on wheat so I don’t need to build up my stupid cropland.

FACT: While the resource bonus from the new T4 hero is “saawwweeeettt”, and while using the aforementioned tactic is feasible, if you leave the bonus set to spread out between the four different types, you’ll end up netting 20% more resources than if you selected one individually. Do the math, you’ll see it. Also, if you do end up using the wheat bonus to avoid building crop fields, you’re setting yourself up to be crop locked upon the death of your hero.
    If you're thinking "I'm coming out of BP soon, and some aggressive Teuton is going to raid me, kill my hero, and I'm going to be crop-locked. Why even both putting hero points towards wheat in the first place?"...

There is a convenient little box, labeled with "If checked, your hero will not defend the village he currently belongs to." By default, it is checked. But if, for some reason, you've unchecked it, your hero can die when you get raided. To keep your resource bonus from your hero (i.e. not have him die), leave this box checked. Note, however, that he can still die if you send him on too many adventures or battles.

Senator

Updated! Thanks for the input

[QUOTE=Old MacDonald;2168853]
    Finally! This second village is mine! Second one on the server, yes! I bet these resources from the quest are going to help a ton!

FACT: Yes, these resources you are awarded for founding a second village, all 6,700 of them, will help a great amount in starting up your new village. However, when you collect your reward, MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON YOUR SPAWN VILLAGE. This village will have the warehouse and granary capacity to store all of the resources given to you. If you collect the reward while on the new village(having a warehouse and granary holding 750/800 resources), you'll end up wasting 6,500 resources. So be careful, and make sure you get full use out of this reward.

Thank you for this, I would hate for that to happen. I might hurt myself or my computer or both.

STC

Quote Originally Posted by St.Christopher View Post
    Thank you for this, I would hate for that to happen. I might hurt myself or my computer or both.
    I did it on the beta. That is what started my drinking habit...

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by JD70 View Post
    Credit given where credit is due, that's also why I put it in. Thanks much, JD70

EDIT: I also added in a little more, namely about natar village in T4

Lies!
    You were drinking long before that!
    MokMonster does not support, condone or agree with anything written in this post.
    Any suggestions to the contrary are purely unintentional.
    (Unless you agreed with it -- then I totally said it)

Wonderful. =] Please continue to update it as new information is gathered, I can see this being a wonderful reference page for when I start up s4.

Senator

Updated slightly for information on the "Gray Area" and it's effect.

So I am thinking with the hero res bonus , when I build my 2nd town way out in the Styx, to build a hero mansion asap, and then send my hero. Will his res bonus then work in that new town? Because that looks like it could really help getting a new town off of the ground, especially if you have a big res bonus. Also, will adventures start to sprout out there because of the new mansion?

STC

Senator

So I am thinking with the hero res bonus , when I build my 2nd town way out in the Styx, to build a hero mansion asap, and then send my hero. Will his res bonus then work in that new town? Because that looks like it could really help getting a new town off of the ground, especially if you have a big res bonus. Also, will adventures start to sprout out there because of the new mansion?

STC
    I haven't tested it out personally yet, but it seems to be that building a hero's mansion quickly and using the resource boost at the second village is a solid tactic.

As for adventures, again, I haven't tested it, but my theory is that yes, adventures would begin to appear there.

One thing to keep in mind with this, is to make sure the Hero's Mansion is completely built prior to sending along the hero, or he'll just be a reinforcement.

Originally in the open beta quests spawned randomly around each of your villages leading to 50% of your adventures being ridiculously far away.

However, I believe they corrected this and there will be a maximum distance for adventures. Ones that have already spawned will stay in the same place though, so you might have a long journey if an adventure spawns while your hero is in transit.

The country with the world's longest official name

Quote Originally Posted by Old MacDonald View Post
    Hey! Why are there so many attacks coming in on my village? I JUST settled here!

FACT: In T4, there is an area in the center of the map controlled by the Natars. No players will spawn here upon account creation. Players are allowed to settle here, but upon settlement they will be attacked by Natars with the intent of village destruction. So be prepared for a fight! If your village survives this attack, no more will follow. This "Gray Area" is roughly 21 squares in radius at all points, and no villages settled in here will produce CP's...which is really unfortunate, as a very high rate of good croppers(150% 15c) are located here.
    There are also 50% wood/clay/iron oases in the grey area.

I am a little slow and don't catch things, but yea, my duals are Ron Bacardi and Jack Daniels.

Suggest you switch to JD80, that cheap green stuff will kill you.

STC

Quote Originally Posted by brinky View Post
    Originally in the open beta quests spawned randomly around each of your villages leading to 50% of your adventures being ridiculously far away.

However, I believe they corrected this and there will be a maximum distance for adventures. Ones that have already spawned will stay in the same place though, so you might have a long journey if an adventure spawns while your hero is in transit.
    I guess we will see , however now looking at the map , I may set up right on the border of the grey area. There is some prime real estate right around it. Save some time on a trip or two, or a few hundred.

STC

I guess we will see , however now looking at the map , I may set up right on the border of the grey area. There is some prime real estate right around it. Save some time on a trip or two, or a few hundred.

STC
    Yeah there some good stuff near it. Its not for me. But there are a couple of good 150% you could set up a cluster nearby then settle the village and pump up resources in time to survive a 12 wave attack. Anyone who wants to hold a wonder would be wise to set up that way. Its not for me though.
    http://imageshack.us/a/img690/5194/m...crewmember.jpg
    s7 r1 - Quinnito/KWC (Gemini) s7 r2 - Kazumodo (frenchmaids) s7 r3 Smokey
    s1 r3 - Nemain (DSP)
    s5x - Pootang (DB!)

Quote Originally Posted by Bahara View Post
    Yeah there some good stuff near it. Its not for me. But there are a couple of good 150% you could set up a cluster nearby then settle the village and pump up resources in time to survive a 12 wave attack. Anyone who wants to hold a wonder would be wise to set up that way. Its not for me though.
    I am thinking right out-side the edge, no need to battle another mindless opponent; There are already enough "natars" playing the game.

STC.

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by 3NT View Post
    They still spawn random around all villages, the maximum distance they fixed was a bug which made it possible to get an adventure in the middle between the villages.
    I suppose that's why adventures are available for ~160 hours. It gives you adequate time to transfer your hero between villages and complete the adventures.

Hmm... just found out today (by mistake) that you can move the map around by using the WASD characters. That's easier than click-dragging it, IMO, and seems to be faster and smoother as well.
    Last edited by MokMonster; 03-01-2011 at 01:43 PM. Reason: "found" out, not just out.
    MokMonster does not support, condone or agree with anything written in this post.

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by MokMonster View Post
    Hmm... just out today (by mistake) that you can move the map around by using the WASD characters. That's easier than click-dragging it, IMO, and seems to be faster and smoother as well.
    I'll add it to the list! Looks like I've got some updating to do!

Default T4 Auto Dodge Question

This fancy "gold club" seems like a timesaver. Does the AUTO DODGE work for all troops in the village (scouts/settlers) ? I don't really know how it works, but would like to catch more than 2 hrs. of uninterrupted sleep. Thanks for all the great advice again!

Yes, all troops will dodge using the auto-dodge.

Note: troops returning to your town w/in 10 seconds of the attacker's landing time will NOT auto-dodge...and will cause the rest of your troops in town to also not dodge.

Hmm... just found out today (by mistake) that you can move the map around by using the WASD characters. That's easier than click-dragging it, IMO, and seems to be faster and smoother as well.

Props to the OP. I should've read this sooner. I can't believe I didn't notice the resource bonus was higher spread out.

Edit:
    FACT: Yes, these resources you are awarded for founding a second village, all 6,700 of them, will help a great amount in starting up your new village. However, when you collect your reward, MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON YOUR SPAWN VILLAGE. This village will have the warehouse and granary capacity to store all of the resources given to you. If you collect the reward while on the new village(having a warehouse and granary holding 750/800 resources), you'll end up wasting 6,500 resources. So be careful, and make sure you get full use out of this reward.
    Well, I think I'll personally wait for enough warehouse infrastructure to take the resources in my 2nd village. You can insta MB lv3, Granary lv 1, Warehouse lv 1, Marketplace lv1. NPC and build warehouse lv 2 and 3 with 195 resources spare. You'll lose 100 wheat to overflow when you take the resources. I worked the numbers. You can't get lv 2 granary without a shipment of resources. I'll take the 100 wheat loss. The new resources can immediately go towards building the rally lv 1 -> hero's mansion lv 1. In minutes, gold users can have the hero on the way. And you'll have a fair amount of resources left over to start building resource tiles or get a barracks started.
    Last edited by ShadowRose; 03-08-2011 at 03:48 AM.
    S7R1 Gemini's

۝ Pacman Fever Award of Munchiness ۝

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowRose View Post
    I worked the numbers. You can't get lv 2 granary without a shipment of resources.
    Save the reward for getting 3 settlers. Chances are you won't have much problem saving up the 750 of each while that last settler builds, so you don't really need that in your spawn village either. That gives you another 3500 to spend at the new village.
    S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie (night shift) S5-r3 Tyche (night shift) S7-r3 Chuckles (night shift)
    S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country (day shift) S5-r7(AEU) Office Space S19-r2 (SE) The Joker

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowRose View Post
    Props to the OP. I should've read this sooner. I can't believe I didn't notice the resource bonus was higher spread out.

Edit:

Well, I think I'll personally wait for enough warehouse infrastructure to take the resources in my 2nd village. You can insta MB lv3, Granary lv 1, Warehouse lv 1, Marketplace lv1. NPC and build warehouse lv 2 and 3 with 195 resources spare. You'll lose 100 wheat to overflow when you take the resources. I worked the numbers. You can't get lv 2 granary without a shipment of resources. I'll take the 100 wheat loss. The new resources can immediately go towards building the rally lv 1 -> hero's mansion lv 1. In minutes, gold users can have the hero on the way. And you'll have a fair amount of resources left over to start building resource tiles or get a barracks started.
    Thanks for the props, recognition is always nice.

And yeah, good point. I suppose I should edit in a reference to that. I'm also saving the bonus from building my settlers to plop down into my new village, which you can do nearly instant with a few insta-builds.

I tried to take "quest saving" a step further, but failed. While I was able to claim the rewards for 3 settlers and second village while on my second village, I can NOT claim the reward for residence 10. I can still claim it on my first village, but it's not available on my second village (switching village focus on a separate tab doesn't work either). Presumably it will only work once I get a residence to 10 in my second village.
    S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie (night shift) S5-r3 Tyche (night shift) S7-r3 Chuckles (night shift)
    S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country (day shift) S5-r7(AEU) Office Space S19-r2 (SE) The Joker

Thanks for the information! I've been meaning to start this process myself so this is a big help.

Yes, all troops will dodge using the auto-dodge.

Note: troops returning to your town w/in 10 seconds of the attacker's landing time will NOT auto-dodge...and will cause the rest of your troops in town to also not dodge.
    My understanding is that the "troops returning" does not include those originally sent out of the village due to the auto-dodge (meaning an attacker cannot circumvent this precaution by landing a second attack 181 seconds after the first). Is this accurate?

Yes, that is accurate.
    Troops which are returning from auto-dodge are impossible to catch in T4*. The only way auto-dodging troop can ever be caught is if the account owner turns off the auto-dodge.

*In 3.5/6, you can run someone out of gold or their pre-set # of dodges and catch the troops that way, otherwise these troops are also not able to be caught.

Don't mean to bump and old thread but this is very useful for players who are returning after a break to give the new version a try.

I've noticed that the adventures will cluster around the newest village for a while. I made my 2nd village 3 hrs away from my spawn village and had my Hero off on all day adventures for a while before I got the Hero Mansion up to level 10 in my 2nd village. Then I had to move back to my first village because the next bunch of adventures were near the spawn village.

Ehh, that's just coincidence, Gaulish.
    The adventures randomly spawn around any village which has a HM or is your capital.
    The "simplest" way to stop having adventures near your spawn is to declare your cap in the new location, and then destroy the HM in your spawn. (I believe if you don't have a HM there, you need to build it to lvl 1 and then destroy it, but it has been a long time since I've had to do this, and I think it maybe changed anyway.)

the new map looks like it was drawn my a kindegartner

STC

I don't think I am appropriate person to help you out here but still your effort is appreciative so keep it up.