Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Osama Bin Laden: DEAD

Default Osama Bin Laden: DEAD

Finally.
    Bibo ergo sum

Who cares, he's been dead in my eyes for a while now. Stupid news interupted my CSI: Miami.
    Live Life, Love Others.

Quote Originally Posted by DeLink View Post
    Cheddar is one of the popular, energetic guys.
    "A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." - Proverbs 12:16

"Comparison is the thief of joy." - Theodore Roosevelt

Dethy Analysis Helper

Yahoo!
    -Roo Hill s2r3
    -Demagogue s6r3
    -neo7185 s5r4

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110502/...JjZWFsLXFhaQ--

WASHINGTON – Al-Qaida mastermind Osama bin Laden is dead and the United States has his body, a person familiar with the developments says.

President Barack Obama is expected to make that announcement from the White House late Sunday night.

The person spoke on the condition of anonymity in order to speak ahead of the president.

It's a huge morale boost for the US and anybody fighting the war on terrorism, yet may not accomplish much else. The terrorists may see this as a time for heightened retaliation, fighting, and sacrifice for their leader. And I'm guessing they have had a plan in place for a new leader to emerge and to strengthen themselves in the event of his death.

I am glad he is dead, we've been trying to find him for most of my life. Yet, I guess we will have to wait and see the effects of his death.
    Forum Rules: Read them. Love them. Follow them. || us4r2: failpie WW Hit
    <@kappy> i let you play, for hours
    <@kappy> then i took away MM privs for awhile because my inbox was spammed
    <@kappy> then, you took the alliance over in a coup

BBC is not reporting this yet. I call BS until they do.

I almost don't believe it. He's been hiding too long, too well. There's a skeptic in me that has to see the body to be sure. But still, it's a huge shift in perceptions about the war, at least. The man was a figurehead for anti-American sentiments, and we've both cut the head off the snake and made a martyr here.

Interesting to see what happens from here.

Philosopher Principal Brian Lewis's Avatar

I so don't even know what to say right now. I mean, literally, for as far back as I can remember, we have been hunting him. But, the big question is now, are the troops coming home, or are they going to use this, to keep them there, and hopefully get more of the Afghanis on our side.

he's more the face/symbol of al-queda, but still, I don't think anyone expected this to happen just like that out of the blue on a Sunday night
    -Roo Hill s2r3
    -Demagogue s6r3
    -neo7185 s5r4

Quote Originally Posted by Kurtz View Post
    BBC is not reporting this yet. I call BS until they do.
    It's on CNN, Al Jazeera, Fox 'News', MSNBC, and ABC. So my guess is that they're just waiting for the official press release to confirm.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshyyy View Post
    There is some serious misquoting potential above.
    The rep system should be abolished.

Quote Originally Posted by F.C. View Post
    It's a huge morale boost for the US
    Bibo ergo sum

Quote Originally Posted by Sirveri View Post
    It's on CNN, Al Jazeera, Fox 'News', MSNBC, and ABC. So my guess is that they're just waiting for the official press release to confirm.
    Obama is expected to speak shortly, or something. Everybody keeps saying that we will find out more shortly, so hopefully that is what happens. Although, apparently, he was just hiding in plain sight in Pakistan. I guess this means war!

Quote Originally Posted by Gotmilk View Post
    Obama is expected to speak shortly, or something. Everybody keeps saying that we will find out more shortly, so hopefully that is what happens. Although, apparently, he was just hiding in plain sight in Pakistan. I guess this means war!
    He's been in Pakistan for years and we've known it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brahma View Post
    He's been in Pakistan for years and we've known it.
    Yeah, but the assumption before was that he was in remote, mountainous, tribal regions. Apparently they killed him just outside Islamabad

Yeah, but the assumption before was that he was in remote, mountainous, tribal regions. Apparently they killed him just outside Islamabad
    In a mansion, no less. As for what it means? I think it means we can expect more retaliation. Did he need to get stomped? Hell yes.
    s8r1 The_Goat R&F
    s3r3 rawhide First EGH #1 attacker, #3 raider Nemesis, we lost
    s2r4 peacemaker (sim account) Tcats, we lost
    s3r4 hazzard big bada boom GOB, we won
    s3r5 worthy cause (deleted) DOS
    s2r?? Deus ex machina, FEAR
    .com3 TWD "Blaming Ferris and Nominating Flowerpower for leadership"

Quote Originally Posted by Chumpanzie View Post
    I am totally going to keel you all when my awesome army arrives..

Islamabad is pretty close to/is in the Peshawar region, where he's allegedly been since about 2003.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I so don't even know what to say right now. I mean, literally, for as far back as I can remember, we have been hunting him. But, the big question is now, are the troops coming home, or are they going to use this, to keep them there, and hopefully get more of the Afghanis on our side.
    I don't think the troops are coming home any time soon. This could serve to be a climax in the war on terror, where the US and those fighting against terrorism have a huge morale boost and the terrorist themselves seek greater retaliation. There's the saying that things get worse before they can get better, and they may get worse in this war before an end comes near.

Apparently Obama said we would find Osama in his presidency. I wonder how this event may affect people's view of Obama. He may have had nothing to do with it, but often how we view the president has little to do with things he actually did. I guess if he handles this even the right way he could really gain more support.
    Last edited by F.C.; 05-02-2011 at 03:23 AM.

I figured he worked at Macmillan and Sachs...

Quote Originally Posted by F.C. View Post
    I don't think the troops are coming home any time soon. This could serve to be a climax in the war on terror, where the US and those fighting against terrorism have a huge morale boost and the terrorist themselves seek greater retaliation. There's the saying that things get worse before they can get better, and they may get worse in this war before an end comes near.
    I swear to god, if we have to go to war with Pakistan over this, I'm moving to the Pitcairn Islands!

Senator

My guess is that we'll have to keep troops there with the expectation of increased retaliation from Al-Qaeda in order to prove their continued legitimacy. As they just said on NBC, "This is not the end of terrorism."
    My first hammer: s8r1 - mhisti
    Not my first hammer: s1r4 - Loved1

s1r7 - Ifrit 3,111,384 offense points

[6:49:56 PM] Bugzy: Let's report Ifrit for genocide

I swear to god, if we have to go to war with Pakistan over this, I'm moving to the Pitcairn Islands!
    The American government has been working a bit with Pakistan over this. But I don't know exactly whether Pakistan actually helped or hampered us in finding Bin Laden. Pakistan could turn out to have been aiding Bin Laden and Al Quaeda, or it could turn out to be extremely helpful in rooting out Al Quaeda left in Pakistan. But, like I said, I don't really know Pakistan's role in Bin Laden's hiding and death.

Bibo ergo sum

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy1721 View Post
    this
    Retired.
    s3r2: Deakon - Nemesis/WFTW (winnarz!!) ...... s6r2: Anon - CD (lulz, failtrain)...... s1r4: Trogdor - 7RU

Bin Laden and Al-Qaeda were CIA false flag operations and weren't truly responsible for 9/11.
    Something big is going to happen.
    When it does happen, keep your eyes and mind open, ask questions and demand they are answered. Don't believe everything you are told by the government as truth until it is verified and proven. They are not worthy of unconditional trust, that's how we got into the Iraq war. There is nothing crazy or unpatriotic about demanding the truth.
    Excuse me for disagreeing that your degeneracy is sacred.

Quote Originally Posted by Erbal View Post
    Bin Laden and Al-Qaeda were CIA false flag operations and weren't truly responsible for 9/11.
    When it does happen, keep your eyes and mind open, ask questions and demand they are answered. Don't believe everything you are told by the government as truth until it is verified and proven. They are not worthy of unconditional trust, that's how we got into the Iraq war. There is nothing crazy or unpatriotic about demanding the truth.
    Well if Bin Laden nor Al-Quaeda had no ties to 9/11 we wouldn't have the quarrels with them that we do have. I hope I didnt interpet your post from being partially responsible to no ties.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of."
    "Certainly there are things in life that money can't buy, but it's very funny - Did you ever try buying them without money?"
    Ogden Nash

Too soon?
    Do you need the long form death certificate to believe Osama was killed?
    Last edited by Snoopy1721; 05-02-2011 at 03:55 AM.
    Bibo ergo sum

Where exactly would those be? I'm too lazy to google at this hour.

**** yeah, the ***** is dead... *sings in tune to the song off of The Wizard of Oz*

And snoopy, hilarious picture. =D

Consul

I don't think it will mean much in the overall scheme of things, but it's nice to be able to close this particular chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by jdurand View Post
    I don't think it will mean much in the overall scheme of things, but it's nice to be able to close this particular chapter.
    I think the biggest thing will be war support. A lot more people are going to support the war with the Taliban/al Qaeda, after hearing about this.

In all honesty, I thought he died like 2 years ago.
    But what do I know about the war on terror? I'm Canadian.

*Not promoting my RPG*
    Want to kill zombies? Join my RPG!
    This is like Evony except without all the fail.
    You may win every battle, yet still lose the war.

So, I guess now we get to find out if the thing about hiding a nuke in Europe in the case of his death was true or not, don't we.

Quote Originally Posted by Bambi The Deer View Post
    Well if Bin Laden nor Al-Quaeda had no ties to 9/11 we wouldn't have the quarrels with them that we do have. I hope I didnt interpet your post from being partially responsible to no ties.
    Creating a problem (secretly) and then presenting and carrying out the solution is a very effective way to get what you want.
    Excuse me for disagreeing that your degeneracy is sacred.

Creating a problem (secretly) and then presenting and carrying out the solution is a very effective way to get what you want.
    Right, because the US created al Qaeda, and Osama bin Laden. Even if you don't believe they have anything to do with 9/11, they were involved with other attacks on the US, that you can't even argue with.

Pls Obama. Don't spin this as your great accomplishment. Couldn't you have skipped the campaign speech? This not so great accomplishment didn't have anything to do with you.
    S7R1 Gemini's

۝ Pacman Fever Award of Munchiness ۝

Yes Erbal, 9/11 was an inside job.

Right, because the US created al Qaeda, and Osama bin Laden. Even if you don't believe they have anything to do with 9/11, they were involved with other attacks on the US, that you can't even argue with.
    Maybe not directly, but the CIA trained him, gave him money and weapons to fight against the Russians in their war in Afghanistan.
    Last edited by imawesome; 05-02-2011 at 04:23 AM.
    -Roo Hill s2r3
    -Demagogue s6r3
    -neo7185 s5r4

Consul

That sound you hear is every potential 2012 GOP candidate throwing in the towel. LMAO!!! Trump got trumped.

FOUR MORE YEARS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jdurand View Post
    That sound you hear is every potential 2012 GOP candidate throwing in the towel. LMAO!!! Trump got trumped.

FOUR MORE YEARS!!!!
    You aren't serious right? Obvious spin is obvious right? Does anyone even listen to the crap he reads off of that teleprompter anymore?
    S7R1 Gemini's

۝ Pacman Fever Award of Munchiness ۝

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowRose View Post
    You aren't serious right? Obvious spin is obvious right? Does anyone even listen to the crap he reads off of that teleprompter anymore?
    Yes, I'm sure Obama is the first one to use a teleprompter and/or use a pre-written speech.
    -Roo Hill s2r3
    -Demagogue s6r3
    -neo7185 s5r4

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowRose View Post
    Apparently you don't.

For the record, I don't see wtf is wrong with a teleprompter if you're giving a 40 minute speech...it kind of makes sense.
    My first hammer: s8r1 - mhisti
    Not my first hammer: s1r4 - Loved1

s1r7 - Ifrit 3,111,384 offense points

[6:49:56 PM] Bugzy: Let's report Ifrit for genocide

Quote Originally Posted by Old MacDonald View Post
    Apparently you don't.

For the record, I don't see wtf is wrong with a teleprompter if you're giving a 40 minute speech...it kind of makes sense.
    Right, just because it is on a teleprompter, doesn't mean he didn't help write it. It means he didn't memorize it, now, when you have to write speech notes on your hand...