Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: dear SNOBS/NOOBS/BGG are what ever your going to switch it to this week

Quote Originally Posted by Siln View Post
    Whatever people are saying, the overriding opinion in NOOBS leadership was never anti-endgame. At the most it was an apathy about the whole thing. My idea was to have fun before endgame, and then have fun winning endgame. Cool, huh? Others were to have fun before EG, then see what happened at endgame. No-one I spoke to wanted to be TRU.
    Having seen your conversations within OBS and BGG, I have to say I respect you Siln. I know you didn't agree with how BGG approached things with respect to R+R. Your the type of player I like having on my side as your loyal to your team even when you disagree. I just wish there were more people like you in leadership.

Personally I would have loved to see a TEG vers OBS vers R+R this round. Even with R+R's mass, I am pretty sure it would have come down to the wire between TEG and OBS with who would have won this. Yes no matter what people did TRU would be a factor this round, but skills in propaganda, tactics, and strategy would have been put to the test for an epic conclusion. Just sad really that people didn't think they were capable or up for the challenge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    The sad part is, Flying Pumpkin's reveal is bigger news than the WW.
    Quote Originally Posted by fortress View Post
    ...I ethos'd it...
    Answers to common questions? Game help, Forum rules, Forum Rank, other great resources, and for new posters

Quote Originally Posted by benwa View Post
    your spears where also sent back as i told you when i sent you the message i had no wheat in that town and the wheat wouldnt show up until 3 hours before the attacks ( sorry forgot to purchase speed for my merchants that's all the faster they could move) so yes i couldnt feed your troops that you sent that you sent 12 hours before the attacks landed so being selfish hmmm i guess i should of starved your troops and it wasn't like any hero was there as mine was out on a attack . as for complaining hmmm ive have many times discussed no interest in WW on skype
    I apologize, I do remember you explaining that now. At least you don't deny that some efforts were made previously to protect your WW feeder village.

Why the 1/3 time your Feeder didn't get protected caused you to lose it, I'll never know. However I would say up until that point I likened you to a young Grape Soda. Young fizzy in the training, molding process.

If you had thought about it, attacking the TEG WW would have damaged the relations between our two alliance. So ultimately I'm glad you attacked our own WW. Heck, I've thought of attacking stone and siln several times myself...

Quote Originally Posted by El Che View Post
    I apologize, I do remember you explaining that now. At least you don't deny that some efforts were made previously to protect your WW feeder village.

Why the 1/3 time your Feeder didn't get protected caused you to lose it, I'll never know. However I would say up until that point I likened you to a young Grape Soda. Young fizzy in the training, molding process.

If you had thought about it, attacking the TEG WW would have damaged the relations between our two alliance. So ultimately I'm glad you attacked our own WW. Heck, I've thought of attacking stone and siln several times myself...

Knowing you; you would probably attack stone in the next few days
    Here is a link to help you cope with your personal problems
    http://in.answers.yahoo.com/question...5094403AAFqnDd
    ~V~
    S7R1- KhaoticWarchild - Gemini - WW winners
    S1R3- Nemain/Deirdre - DSP- Anti-Endgame
    S1R4- Nobody -TRU- Anti-Endgame
    S7R2- kazumodo- WW Winners
    http://i43.tinypic.com/ehdtms.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Murdok View Post
    Ive played against Amazed for a couple rounds. Would I consider him a friend... yes, would I consider him a good friend that I talk to all the time...

At some point in your life, you will realize that you should have been more respectful.

Quote Originally Posted by el che View Post
    at some point in your life, you will realize that you should have been more respectful.
    qft.
    "Semper necessitas probandi incumbit ei qui agit."

At some point in your life, you will realize that you should have been more respectful.
    Respectful to a slime like you?

The amount of stuff you did to your own players and to players in TRU/7RU ... are you kidding me? I would never show you any respect.
    ~V~

Ive played against Amazed for a couple rounds. Would I consider him a friend... yes, would I consider him a good friend that I talk to all the time...

Quote Originally Posted by Amazed12 View Post
    Respectful to a slime like you?

The amount of stuff you did to your own players and to players in TRU/7RU ... are you kidding me? I would never show you any respect.

I've never met a more despicable player than you, Amazed.

Quote Originally Posted by Luisss View Post

I'm honored you have said that
    ~V~

Actually he is a very good and honourable player. That he knows how to push buttons and get spies does not make him less so.

Considering how seriously we take following Travian rules in TRU, then you cannot say anything otherwise.

I know, we're idiots like that.........

Wait a minute!!! You mean not everyone plays by the rules in Travian? Who would be so despicable as to not follow the rules? Don't you get punished for that? You know, like when people do that thing where you play more than one account? Ah yes, multi-accounting?

Now....S1R4: Pale Rider (TRU)
    Before....S2R2: Radiohead (LoSK)....S3R2: Pale Rider (Nemesis)....S1R3: jca (DSP)

I was thinking just the other day about how similar Amazed12 and El Che are on here. I even had a message typed up which I deleted and replaced with something pithy. They do play similar roles but in my opinion Amazed12 does it better. I can't really speak to the actions of El Che, as far as Travian goes, but I trust Amazed12 almost as much as anybody on the server.

He does his homework, knows what's happening , plays his account like he expects everybody else to play, does the extra work and is loyal to a fault. It's his job to get you worked up and to focus your hate on him. If he were every to betray his alliance, I would be truly shocked.

El Che on the other hand...

Actually I don't dislike the guy at all, but I don't know how he treats his alliance other than what I read here.

I think there's an adage that applies here:
    You're judged by the company you keep.
    Retired.
    s3r2: Deakon - Nemesis/WFTW (winnarz!!) ...... s6r2: Anon - CD (lulz, failtrain)...... s1r4: Trogdor - 7RU

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    I think there's an adage that applies here:
    You're judged by the company you keep.
    Ahem...

And while I don't always agree with what V does or says, he holds by his word. At least as far as I've seen and interacted with him. El Che, were you ever this hard on itsme for lying to and abusing the trust of players in his alliances? Just curious.

I've been thinking about El Che's complaint that everyone gangs up on them and why. While he's spent a good part of the server spinning it as the big bad RU picking on him, I don't think thats the cause for his feeling. Also as BGG posters have fallen off almost completely after the failed attempt to justify the server wide WW NAP, so embarrassment seems more the cause then the RU.

First, El Che while a very good propagandist (and he is) tends to be self absorbed propagandist and mostly spends their time talking up their own account and avoids discussing or supporting alliance actions despite being in leadership.

In contrast, someone like Amazed tends to be a selfless propagandist focusing all of their propaganda towards support of their alliance and they are not even in leadership.

Second, El Che often posts with out checking their facts or thinking through what they are actually trying to say. This opens the door to a lot more criticism from fact check oriented accounts that would normally not get involved. That he evades responding to a lot of questions he knows he was wrong on just makes it worse.

Amazed on the other hand is especially depressing specifically because of how painfully accurate their information tends to be.

Third, El Che attempts one up men ship. They want to prove or show they are superior and only gruelingly ever admit when someone was right or in a better position. Lack of humility also undercuts his position.

Fourth, El Che does have a costic sense of humor. It is funny, don't get me wrong, I do enjoy reading some of their posts and thankfully it's not as lude and offensive as Peppy's, However it tends to rub people the wrong way. Really not a bad thing but when your in leadership it's not very stately and tends to color everyone's view of the entire alliance.

My advice to El Che if he doesn't want to feel isolated.

If your in leadership, keep yourself out of the fray and be more of a diplomat in your posts and above all think of your alliance first over your account. (Siln does this very well and gets a lot of respect for it)

If your not in leadership, then tearloose and have fun, but check and double check your facts before posting. If your about to post something and your not sure if it's dumb or not, just don't click the button. Give it some time and come back to it when your sure it has value or meaning.
    ...I ethos'd it...
    Answers to common questions? Game help, Forum rules, Forum Rank, other great resources, and for new posters

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingPumpkin View Post
    one-upsmanship
    caustic
    lewd
    spellcheck for some of the fun words
    Retired.
    s3r2: Deakon - Nemesis/WFTW (winnarz!!) ...... s6r2: Anon - CD (lulz, failtrain)...... s1r4: Trogdor - 7RU

Oh man. I never noticed the similarities between V and El Che but you are spot on. Both vicious towards the enemy, both more than happy to have you focus your anger at them (and consider it a victory when someone goes all 'emo'). V got catted more than once and was practically doing a victory jig in our private forums.
    Can you imagine them dualing?
    Quote Originally Posted by gebne View Post
    St. Chak, glorious atelier, faithful servant and bearer of thong,
    the stain of the troll has caused you to be forgotten by many,
    but the true forum invokes you universally as the patron of things despised of;
    pray for me, that finally I may receive the alterations and the couture of thongs in all my fripperies, ornamentations, and trimmings,
    particularly those of purple hue, and that I may read Chak with the thong throughout Eternity.

Did we even go after YAK? I remember seeing multiple BR reports of their hammer splatting on us as well as some hits by them, but I don't recall many/any ops attacking their account. Maybe that's why El Che isn't feeling loved despite all the hugging they've helped foster.

And Wren... yes, my spelling is the suck. I think Firefox's built in spell checker gives up the ghost on me as I swear I had no red squiggly lines showing errors when I posted.
    ...I ethos'd it...

Just tryin' to be helpful. You might need to manually switch on spell-check in different conditions (or it might get switched off during updates or something), I know I've had to put it back on a couple times.
    Retired.

Appreciate that.
    ...I ethos'd it...

Did we even go after YAK? I remember seeing multiple BR reports of their hammer splatting on us as well as some hits by them, but I don't recall many/any ops attacking their account. Maybe that's why El Che isn't feeling loved despite all the hugging they've helped foster.

And Wren... yes, my spelling is the suck. I think Firefox's built in spell checker gives up the ghost on me as I swear I had no red squiggly lines showing errors when I posted.
    Yes we did

Quotes to prove it

Quote Originally Posted by Gwydir View Post
    LOL...no offense to anyone involved, but V just straight ghetto pimp slapped five 'cross yo eyes. It has nothing to do with resources lost or time needed to recover; those are secondary to the point.

The point is simple: V promised to slap you down and he followed through.

You can spin it anyway you want, but you'll do that spinning from your ***. Also, its nice to see Hemi join the crew over there; maybe he can help you guys get some more passwords and account access again.

IGN OR STFU Hemi. Welcome back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Chak View Post
    LOL! Dude, seriously. Amazed crossed over and ***** slapped your best cap and you are going to try to take something away from it? I'd high five him if he had only kilt your little troopsies - the fact that he went in and peed all over your wheat fields with brazen audacity and you try to spin it as anything BUT a win is outstandingly goofy!
    Now El Che, I shall plus rep - he gave credit and promised some action. THAT is the way to go!
    But this? Dude, fail spin is fail.
    ~V~

Well then, why exactly isn't El Che feeling loved? Is it because we were the only ones to visit then?
    ...I ethos'd it...

Is El Che a Canuck like V? That might explain some things...
    us1r3: Allah Who needs a WW hammer?
    us1r4: To Be Announced
    us1r5: It's a mystery!

Well then, why exactly isn't El Che feeling loved? Is it because we were the only ones to visit then?
    Maybe you forgot, but RoA was the one who cleared the village for you guys...

Banned.

Quote Originally Posted by feinting muppet View Post
    Maybe you forgot, but RoA was the one who cleared the village for you guys...
    And where did sitting on the fence, swatting both ways get you now?

Poor long-term vision is poor.

Quote Originally Posted by droW View Post
    Is El Che a Canuck like V? That might explain some things...
    V's not a real Canadian. His parents probably moved up there some time before he was born. Real Canadians are far too polite to even attempt trolling.

Banned.

Quote Originally Posted by 5m4llP0X View Post
    V's not a real Canadian. His parents probably moved up there some time before he was born. Real Canadians are far too polite to even attempt trolling.
    Plus they can't write.

Plus they can't write.
    Well V kind of has that lack of writing skill down..

Well V kind of has that lack of writing skill down..
    I would've said the same thing about you.
    Battle is an orgy of disorder.
    ~General George S. Patton

Is comparing me to V suppose to ruffle my feathers? I suppose you mean it as a compliment..

It's no secret that the forums offer a lot of public relation works for in game action. That's one aspect where TRU did well, frustrating since I have no desire to push numbers around or sift through data to prove my point. At least I got a solid 8 hours of sleep most nights

*thanks for the advise but I don't have any goals for Forum dominance.
    Last edited by El Che; 05-14-2011 at 12:00 PM. Reason: *edit

Neither. Just an observation.

Find a post where I tried to troll you.

Is comparing me to V suppose to ruffle my feathers? I suppose you mean it as a compliment..

It's no secret that the forums offer a lot of public relation works for in game action. That's one aspect where TRU did well, frustrating since I have no desire to push numbers around or sift through data to prove my point. At least I got a solid 8 hours of sleep most nights

*thanks for the advise but I don't have any goals for Forum dominance.
    This is why I think your good at propaganda. No one even mentioned forum dominance or anything like it, wasn't in the discussion, wasn't even related, yet you transitioned smoothly into a topic of spin that you wanted and in a way that only fact checkers would think to question.

That being said, my suggestions were in response to your claim that no one liked you or that you were being picked on. It seemed like a heartfelt complaint and I felt sorry for you.

Not sure if the spin is a knee jerk reaction at this point or not, but for the record I do respect you though I do question many of your decisions this round. If your ever interested in talking, let me know.
    ...I ethos'd it...

I think he just accidentally complimented Amazed12.

Banned.

Is comparing me to V suppose to ruffle my feathers?
    Solid evidence that El Che is a bird.

This is why I think your good at propaganda. No one even mentioned forum dominance or anything like it, wasn't in the discussion, wasn't even related, yet you transitioned smoothly into a topic of spin that you wanted and in a way that only fact checkers would think to question.

That being said, my suggestions were in response to your claim that no one liked you or that you were being picked on. It seemed like a heartfelt complaint and I felt sorry for you.

Not sure if the spin is a knee jerk reaction at this point or not, but for the record I do respect you though I do question many of your decisions this round. If your ever interested in talking, let me know.
    I feel sorry for you too.

Thanks guys

In summary I am better than El Che in every shape and form correct ?
    ~V~

No. I like el che when I talk to him on skype. Sorry!

No. I like el che when I talk to him on skype. Sorry!
    Because he's the only one that has told stone and you that you look half decent? Siln you suck and yeah thats pretty much it
    ~V~

Look half decent? In game, or physically?

Look half decent? In game, or physically?
    I saw what you did there.

For one.. You messaged TN who's been absent for over a month.. You never once talked to me, yak or squiln.
    You turned your back on all the, 'little people' as you call them just because two leaders who were absent ignored you.
    I had defence in the WW - do you srsly think I should have had it recalled to defend your feeder?
    ALL my villages were constantly hit, INCLUDING my three feeders. Do you see me whineing about it? No, because this is part of the game.
    Squiln had some of his villages cheifed - does he start to cry? No.

Your actions are pathetic and smack of a spoiled brat who didn't get the right chocolate bar. Grape would be as saddened by your actions as the rest of us.

Lame.