Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Empires Of Glory-1: Carving

"If you donot mind our intrusion we will pay for our stay in whatever rsources you need and some weapons, finely crafted I must add, too." The Ambassador motioned for his men to hurry inside.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of."
    "Certainly there are things in life that money can't buy, but it's very funny - Did you ever try buying them without money?"
    Ogden Nash

Quote Originally Posted by Bambi The Deer View Post
    "If you donot mind our intrusion we will pay for our stay in whatever rsources you need and some weapons, finely crafted I must add, too." The Ambassador motioned for his men to hurry inside.
    Dave signals for the gate to be closed after the men come in. "You can stay in any house that pleases you, they're all the same. They should be empty as the owners should still be working. This should be the last snowfall of the year and we need everything to be ready when summer arrives. Our most needed resource at the moment is lumber. As you can see, not many trees live here."
    The only thing that surpasses the love humans have for one another is the hatred humans have for one another.

Justice and equalitly are similar yet opposite. Both are wanted yet neither can exist in the presence of the other.

At DPickle/Bambi:
    The snow-fall become heavier and darker, and it piles up so much so that it becomes dificult for people to walk around outside and for doors to be opened. On the outside, you can hear the harsh winds...or, something more sinister?
    Life is a box of chocolates, and my name is Forest Guuump!-Michael Bolton

Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster View Post
    At DPickle/Bambi:
    The snow-fall become heavier and darker, and it piles up so much so that it becomes dificult for people to walk around outside and for doors to be opened. On the outside, you can hear the harsh winds...or, something more sinister?
    Dave looked at the storm with worry. It could mean a long winter. "Call for the workers to come back to the city and get in there houses. It's to cold to be working outside until this storm clears up."
    The only thing that surpasses the love humans have for one another is the hatred humans have for one another.

Justice and equalitly are similar yet opposite. Both are wanted yet neither can exist in the presence of the other.

At DPickle/Bambi:
    As the workers return from the fields, you hear cries from outside. Arrows protrude from the city walls, and militiamen cry out "Warriors from afar!"

The brand new alliance between Grieferania, Draconia and Iconia was going extremely well. Henry Iconus was sitting in his study when he thought up another "brilliant" scheme. "In order to keep hold of our expanding empire without problems, we first have to build up our military. I will propose to the council that we should advertise for people to join our army." The next day in the council chamber, he put his proposal to the mercy of the council.

At DPickle/Bambi:
    As the workers return from the fields, you hear cries from outside. Arrows protrude from the city walls, and militiamen cry out "Warriors from afar!"
    Dave started giving out orders. "Militia get on the walls! Bring something to use as a shield from arrows with you! Everyone else get inside the houses."

The Ambassador Jones the most stoic of all it seemed of the Cios kingdom was merely amused, but didn't show, that the king had taken such an approach to meeting her. She approach the king with her own personal Guardians with jewels of Cios crested throughout their armor to show their prowess and the reason they were allowed to protect such an important person as the Ambassador herself. Their armor glinted with the sun bathing it as Ambassador Jones in her simple robes spoke to the king "Hello we, the people of Cios, wish to make our presence open to you with oppurtunity of trade. We could discuss it further if you wish to here more."
    'I am indeed interested to see what you have to offer Ambassador.' King Radagaf replied politely. He was quite impressed with the craftsmanship on the guards armor, even if it was a little flashy for his liking. Though he wondered how functional it would be in actual combat? Compared to his personal bodyguards armor, which was still designed to withstand the rigors of combat, he wondered if the guards hadn't simply changed before they were in sight of his city.

'Please come with me so we may discuss our nations future relationship.'
    "I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."
    ~Voltaire

At Ishamael:
    Councillor So-Uent-Zo replies." Sir, that is sound slike an unneccessary idea. i believe we do not need military power now that we are aligned with Draconia and Grieferania. I like the believe this to be the sufficient begining to a time where Less military may be needed."
    Councillor Wht-See-Snam replies." Bull-Pocky! In an alliance like this, we must be respected as a powerful nation! Build the army ten-fold, and they will give us all the lee-way necessary to sway their opinions in our favor. Personally, i think our economy, which has laxed, needs something big to give it a push. If financing soldiers isn't the push we need, than Holy-Milk damn it, I don't know what it."
    At DPickle/Bambi:
    From the walls ((Please let me know how many militia are on them)) you can see three main enemy groups. There are two flanking the front of the city, made up of warriors in black armor with snow-cloak. They wield bows and fire at the walls. The third group is farther off, composed of what appear to be regular people all around a massive trebuchet.

At DPickle/Bambi:
    From the walls ((Please let me know how many militia are on them)) you can see three main enemy groups. There are two flanking the front of the city, made up of warriors in black armor with snow-cloak. They wield bows and fire at the walls. The third group is farther off, composed of what appear to be regular people all around a massive trebuchet.
    The militia on the walls were ordered to hide from the arrows and only retaliate if the enemy went near the gate. A group of 100 militia were sent out through a secret and rarely used back gate. They would avoid the bow weilding enemies and try to gain control of the trebuchet before it could do the city harm. The remaining militia in the city would make sure everyone was in a house, be by the gate in case it is breached, and replace some of the militia that died or were injured on the walls.

The country with the world's longest official name

The Emkayan king diverts some of the revenue from the mines to improve transport infrastructure, building roads and ports, as well as investing in science and technology. Because of the expanding population caused by the annexation of the rest of the North Island, he increases recruitment for the military.
    Last edited by Mouse-Keyboard; 07-01-2011 at 05:39 PM.

At DPickle:
    Your men on the walls duck the arrows, only a few of the arrows reaching over and hitting homes behind the walls. The men who went out the back were almost at the end, when trouble struck: Aroows flew in from the exit, and ten were outright peppered with arrows. The remaining ninety are holding ground, but have no real defenses against whateve ris on the other end.
    At Mouse:
    The idea of safer roads appeals to many people, and you are publically applauded for such great foresight. The Ports, while already numerous, do seem better placed on mainland shores, as your builders have put them. The people are greatly awed by mainland goods, and at cheaper prices now. As for technology, some scientists begin a few projects of betterment along the lines of medicine, a fledling stud of human insides, and coal research.

At DPickle:
    Your men on the walls duck the arrows, only a few of the arrows reaching over and hitting homes behind the walls. The men who went out the back were almost at the end, when trouble struck: Aroows flew in from the exit, and ten were outright peppered with arrows. The remaining ninety are holding ground, but have no real defenses against whateve ris on the other end.
    Dave sends another hundred soldiers from in the city to reinforce the ones at the back gate. He sends them with some wood to give to the men at the front to use as shields. He also sends some scouts onto the walls to try and get a better estimate of the enemy numbers. He then turns to the Ambassador. "Could you send your men to go help the ones trying to exit through the back gate. We need to disable that trebuchet before it can do major damage to the city."

At mousekeyBoard:
    As for military recruiting, not much fruit. Many people are working on the new ports and roads, leaving few to be recruited into the army.
    At DPickle:
    Almost on cue, the trebuchet fires. Large pieces of rocks, hard packed ice and snow fly over the city, smashing a single building into splinters,killing fifty civilians, and three Ciosian Force Recon. The hundred sent back find that fifty of the originals survived another onslaught, and they begin to throw down the wood to try and make a barrier, for the enemy pushes forward.

Quote Originally Posted by dpickle View Post
    Dave sends another hundred soldiers from in the city to reinforce the ones at the back gate. He sends them with some wood to give to the men at the front to use as shields. He also sends some scouts onto the walls to try and get a better estimate of the enemy numbers. He then turns to the Ambassador. "Could you send your men to go help the ones trying to exit through the back gate. We need to disable that trebuchet before it can do major damage to the city."
    ((Sorry didn't post earlier))
    The Ambassador calls his men "Riders assist those within the exit. Guardians distribute arms to theses Militia then take posts along the walls or near that exit. And bring me my armor and weapons."
    "Certainly there are things in life that money can't buy, but it's very funny - Did you ever try buying them without money?"
    Ogden Nash

Dave turns to the ambassador. "Thank you friend. Now ready your men for a charge in the back exit. We must push through and get to that trebuchet."

At bambi/DPickle:
    In The back exit, The last of the original 100 have been shot down. The reinforcements come to stopping points, for the enemy has infiltrated the exit. About thirty bowmen line the exit in a row, with an unknown numbe rbehind. They wield crossbows, fire, then recycle themselves so the next row fires. several of them have fallen, but been replaced. 2 Guardians are shot down, and one militia member is shot down.

At bambi/DPickle:
    In The back exit, The last of the original 100 have been shot down. The reinforcements come to stopping points, for the enemy has infiltrated the exit. About thirty bowmen line the exit in a row, with an unknown numbe rbehind. They wield crossbows, fire, then recycle themselves so the next row fires. several of them have fallen, but been replaced. 2 Guardians are shot down, and one militia member is shot down.
    "Sir, what menace you suppose would attack you during a snowstorm? Men shoot them down with your own weapons! Don't let them have the upper hand!" The Ambassador had dawned his armor and a bow and readied himself with swod along his side for battle if he must.
    Ogden Nash

Your men hunker down and begin to return fire, downing at least fifty. They have stood their ground though, and take out an additonal thirteen militia, 3 Guardians.

Dave orders the cities citizens to begin making defensive structures at the exit that allow the ambassadors men to fire at the enemy but make it harder for them to be hit. These structures would also be made to be easily removeable so that the enemy can be rushed if need be. Also another 50 militia were sent to reinforce the place.

The civilians that enter have become to the focus of enemy fire. fifteen are shot down before they can even get the supplies there, along with an additional three guardians. The trebuchet has fired again, knocking out another building.
    A horn call goes out, and the enemies in the front dissapear from view by retreating. the enemies in the escape tunnel run back, but not before collapsing the tunnel.

"Men clear the way of that tunnel and recover the fallenand lay them along this stretch of road to be honored and mourned, if our host permits." The ambassador said waiting for Dave's apporval.
    Ogden Nash

"Men clear the way of that tunnel and recover the fallenand lay them along this stretch of road to be honored and mourned, if our host permits." The ambassador said waiting for Dave's apporval.
    "Yes, do as you like. If you need any help, just ask some citizens. I must thank you again for your help. Without your support we almost surely would have been overrun. I don't know who those people were but I hope they don't come back. I apologize but I must leave you, there is much work to be done and summer is almost upon us." Dave gives a small bow before leaving the ambassador. He orders some citizens to salvage the remains of the building and the weapons of the fallen. He also sends them to go out to were the enemy was in the back exit to get any of the weapons they might have dropped as well as to get some of the bodies so they can be examined.

((Thanks Mouse))
    At Bambi:
    Your men go about honoring their dead whilst the locals gather around the bodies of their own people, mourning.
    At DPickle:
    Your people go to the exit, and find the enemy left the end collapsed as well. it will take months, perhaps a year, to clear the wreckage. However, a scrap of cloth is found. It is Emkayan in origina, and bears their banner.

At Ishamael:
    Councillor So-Uent-Zo replies." Sir, that is sounds like an unnecessary idea. i believe we do not need military power now that we are aligned with Draconia and Grieferania. I like the believe this to be the sufficient beginning to a time where Less military may be needed."
    Councillor Wht-See-Snam replies." Bull-Pocky! In an alliance like this, we must be respected as a powerful nation! Build the army ten-fold, and they will give us all the lee-way necessary to sway their opinions in our favor. Personally, i think our economy, which has laxed, needs something big to give it a push. If financing soldiers isn't the push we need, than Holy-Milk damn it, I don't know what it."
    ((Sorry I was at Countryfest)) ((Anyways, awesome names. ))
    Senator Delegarde began to speak. "Councillors, I agree with Councillor Wht-See-Snam and Senator Iconus and not with Councillor So-Uent-Zo. A buildup of our military would ensure our control over the new lands, strengthen our standing in the Triple Alliance and ensure that our ships reach home. With a stronger military we could even wipe out the pirates and brigands that are festering like wounds on the outskirts. I put my vote as for a stronger army. What does the assembled council say to this?

Dave brings the Ambassador the cloth. "It looks as if the Emkay were behind the attack. Do you know anything about the Emkay? Like why they would want to take over a place like this?"

"No I don't, but why would they raid and leave when they were doing so well in battle? We had sent Ambassadors to the Emkayian Empire as well, but I have yet to get back to hear from them. I suppose I shall leave with my men and be bound for Cios. When I find it all out I'll send a courier back with information." The Ambassador said as he gathered his men to depart.

Master Man Dyke had recieved back most of his Ambassadors now and decided with MasterWoman Jane it would be best, since they weren't within batle to fund more to research and development to any goods that would benefit Cios from scientists. They also agreed to investigate the lands to the wet of Cios and its Mountians to increase the empire to the western coast and gain more lumber trade from the forests and jungles along it, along with any other resource hiding within it.
    Ogden Nash

AT bambi:
    ((Mouse is Emkayland.))
    The Royal exploration party sets west, and come sback with these finds: Plenty of land to be snatched, and plenty of lumber, along with Coal mines and what appear to be iron mines as well. However, there are many native tribes in the land.
    At ishamael:
    The rest of the council goes along with Wht-See-Snam. He basks in the glory of agreeability, and military preperations go to work. Within the weeks, ten more Darts are made, and five-hundred ((Insert-Average Military units-I for got my notes at home-Here)) are recruited.

AT bambi:
    ((Mouse is Emkayland.))
    The Royal exploration party sets west, and come sback with these finds: Plenty of land to be snatched, and plenty of lumber, along with Coal mines and what appear to be iron mines as well. However, there are many native tribes in the land.
    ((So thats not who you were implying then?))
    Dyke said to his Generals "Allow them citizenship if they agree to terms of peace and loyalty to our nation and take 100 Force Recon along with 1000 Infantry, 500 Marksmen, and 1000 Engineers to build outposts out there. Don't take chances with the tribes you nevr know what they could do. Force Recon shall lead teams of 20 infantry and 10 marksman. Engineers will be protected at all costs and only sent in when the areas are clear. Agreed?"
    Ogden Nash

((Your guess as to what an EMkayan abnner was doing in the aftermath of a battle.))
    "Right sir. We'll let you know what happens."

((Well for all I could guess it was them, but I wouldn't go straight to suspecting someone planted it there I'm not that paranoid))
    The Ambassador from the Outcasts returned and told Maskter Man Dyke the news. "Well we shall get right on this immediately with a courier sent to the Emkayans with question and request of answer from them if they had assualted the Outcast Empire. We have already started trade with them and that could explain why they stopped thier assualt mid siege when they saw the Guardians.
    Ogden Nash

At Ishamael:
    The rest of the council goes along with Wht-See-Snam. He basks in the glory of agreeability, and military preparations go to work. Within the weeks, ten more Darts are made, and five-hundred ((Insert-Average Military units-I for got my notes at home-Here)) are recruited.
    Ten more darts are built, 250 Legionnaires and 250 Marauders are trained.

((That's right!))
    "Well, we have the army...now what?"

((That's right!))
    "Well, we have the army...now what?"
    "Well," Senator Iconus said to the assembled council, "how about we take strategic areas around the world to grow our influence in trade as Emkayland has done. There is a piece of land to the South, 2 peninsulas near Draconia and I think we should build a trading post on the island that is just East of the Western Straits. We could also level the 4 Pirate settlements on our borders and claim the land for ourselves. Councillors, what course of action should we take?"

All vote for the course of action you have proposed, but say they must deal with the pirates first. As the move is about to be motioned, A Greiferanian ambassador steps forward.
    "Mayhaps we could extinguish this pirate problem while you begin settling? Allow us make up for past brashness."

The Emkayan king, upon hearing about rumours of an army using an Emkayan banner in battle, sends scouts to investigate.

At Mouse:
    The scouts are on their way. their reply will come in a few days. In the mean-time, military training provides an additional 100 troops.

All vote for the course of action you have proposed, but say they must deal with the pirates first. As the move is about to be motioned, A Greiferanian ambassador steps forward.
    "Mayhaps we could extinguish this pirate problem while you begin settling? Allow us make up for past brashness."
    The settlements are planned up and whatnot and 10 ships per settlement are sent to start them with 100 legionnaires, 100 marauders and 500 civilians to each location. "Council, what do think of Greiferania's proposal? This way we do not lose our soldiers and we will give the pirates land to our allies Grieferania unless they do not want it."

At ishamael:
    senator Whogive-adam,"No. This is a strictly Iconian concern. getting our allies involved would not be necessary, and may show us in a complacent light."
    Senator cee-abuff: "No, allow them to do so! Can't you see this will allow our society to integrate poerfectly into this whole alliance thing? it will be glorious to accept allied help!"
    Grieferanian of no name:" We would love the spare land."