Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 120 of 305

Thread: Empires Of Glory-1: Carving

  1. #81
    Merchant Ishamael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Parkland
    Posts
    1,040

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster View Post
    At ishamael:
    senator Whogive-adam,"No. This is a strictly Iconian concern. getting our allies involved would not be necessary, and may show us in a complacent light."
    Senator cee-abuff: "No, allow them to do so! Can't you see this will allow our society to integrate poerfectly into this whole alliance thing? it will be glorious to accept allied help!"
    Grieferanian of no name:" We would love the spare land."
    "Well, how does our council vote on this matter?" Iconus said to the the council.

  2. #82
    Philosopher masterblaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Never left Serenity Valley
    Posts
    3,323

    Default

    ((No. You choose. it's too late at night for me to choose. and Im biased))
    Life is a box of chocolates, and my name is Forest Guuump!-Michael Bolton

  3. #83
    Artisan dpickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    620

    Default

    Warm sunlight streamed down for the first time in a long while. The first of the three months of summer was beginning. There was no time to waste. Dave gave out the orders. Most of the people would be farming to provide food for the winter. A small percentage of those people planted some trees aswell so there could be a better future resource of lumber. Half of the remaining people started mining stone as well as anything else useful they could find in the ground. The other half of the remainder began building pitfall traps in the area with sharpened rocks at the bottom. These traps, in winter, would be invisible and although not lethal they would be able to take a person out of a fight. Scouts were sent to watch for any caravans so they could be lead safely around the traps. Other scouts were sent south to find lands in the South, should they be pushed out of their homeland by these new invaders.
    The only thing that surpasses the love humans have for one another is the hatred humans have for one another.

    Justice and equalitly are similar yet opposite. Both are wanted yet neither can exist in the presence of the other.

  4. #84
    Villager Bambi The Deer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    PCB, Florida
    Posts
    163

    Default

    Military was increased for a new Guardians division based upon marksmen. The Guardians would also have call for more intiates. A new honoary Ambassador Corps was proposed for all peoples in the Ciosian Military that prove themselves through outstanding bearing, prowess in combat/social skills, they would also be outfitted with eccentric armor displaying the gems of Cios. The Ambassador Corps would contain its own guards from who were outstandng combat prowess, but not as much in social skills. Masters Dyke and Jane approved it. Word of colonizing the lands west of the Ciosian empire were urgently awaited.

    A courier was sent to the Outcast Empire telling them that it was a army using the Emkayan banner as a cover it seemed.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of."
    "Certainly there are things in life that money can't buy, but it's very funny - Did you ever try buying them without money?"
    Ogden Nash

  5. #85
    Philosopher masterblaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Never left Serenity Valley
    Posts
    3,323

    Default

    At DPickel:
    The spike traps are not going well. Due to the frozen nature of the lands, permafrost has made the ground ll but hard as steel. As for stone mining, much grey stone, but little to no metals found.
    At bambi:
    The corp training is not going well. many arugue the need for more elite soldiers, which keeps more people from the mines, and even more people from joining the colonist movement. And no word has arrived from the west.
    Life is a box of chocolates, and my name is Forest Guuump!-Michael Bolton

  6. #86
    Villager Bambi The Deer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    PCB, Florida
    Posts
    163

    Default

    Corps training was postponed and scouts were sent back out west to find out what happened to the army that ventured there. Propoganda was posted all around to increase morale and encourage woodsmen to go out west and colonize.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of."
    "Certainly there are things in life that money can't buy, but it's very funny - Did you ever try buying them without money?"
    Ogden Nash

  7. #87
    Philosopher masterblaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Never left Serenity Valley
    Posts
    3,323

    Default

    At bambi:
    The scouts come back with bad news. The amry sent was fended off by tribals. the surviving Ciosian warriors scattered, defecting. While the civilians that were left behind seem to have been made examples of.
    "Their headless bodies were left all around the bases of the mountains." Said one scout, very disturbed.
    Life is a box of chocolates, and my name is Forest Guuump!-Michael Bolton

  8. #88
    Philosopher Xeno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Canuckia
    Posts
    1,693

    Default

    ((Still waiting on Mr. Sentambassadorstoallthenationsandisn'trespondingto thematall........ ))
    "I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."
    ~Voltaire

  9. #89
    Philosopher masterblaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Never left Serenity Valley
    Posts
    3,323

    Default

    At Xeno:
    ((I thought you were dead.))
    Grieferania: No, we already have two allies.
    Draconia: While it pleases us to see another Monarchy of good repute, we must decline.
    Alourus: Praps. What doth thee offer us, fledling?
    Wesern: We aid only the people. do you?
    indigo: We are suffering some dificulties at the moment. perhaps later.
    all the players: Let them say.
    Life is a box of chocolates, and my name is Forest Guuump!-Michael Bolton

  10. #90
    Artisan dpickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster View Post
    At DPickel:
    The spike traps are not going well. Due to the frozen nature of the lands, permafrost has made the ground ll but hard as steel. As for stone mining, much grey stone, but little to no metals found.
    The trap making is abandoned. The stone is used to expand the warehouse. The people that were making traps were diverted to try and invent a sling that can be made from animal hides.
    The only thing that surpasses the love humans have for one another is the hatred humans have for one another.

    Justice and equalitly are similar yet opposite. Both are wanted yet neither can exist in the presence of the other.

  11. #91
    Merchant Ishamael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Parkland
    Posts
    1,040

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ishamael View Post
    "Well, how does our council vote on this matter?" Iconus said to the the council.
    Senator Iconus pipes up. "I disagree with Senator Cee-Abuff and Whogive-Adam. My idea would strengthen our relationship with our allies Grieferania as the Pirates are their problem as well. I believe that we should attack the pirate islands with a joint strike giving the eastern ones to Grieferania and keeping the western ones. Divided we are weak, together we are strong."
    Last edited by Ishamael; 07-08-2011 at 02:31 PM. Reason: Flipped Directions

  12. #92
    Villager Bambi The Deer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    PCB, Florida
    Posts
    163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster View Post
    At bambi:
    The scouts come back with bad news. The amry sent was fended off by tribals. the surviving Ciosian warriors scattered, defecting. While the civilians that were left behind seem to have been made examples of.
    "Their headless bodies were left all around the bases of the mountains." Said one scout, very disturbed.
    ((I sent a good amount of soliders I don't think you can fit that many poorly armed tribals in the front of a forest to defeat hundreds of well armed and trained soliders . The engineers are going to armed jus not well armed. Thats 2600 dead/missing.))
    "Well that seems impossible I want to know what weaponry these tribals where using! How could they defeat 2600 soliders and engineers??? If simple tribals can do this might as well just set of explosives for mine off all around the city it would probably do less harm! We shall burn those forests down I care not for lumber anymore" Dyke screamed with increased disbelief, astonishment, and knowing this was downright fullgrade bull****. He knew his troops must have meet another true army or something.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of."
    "Certainly there are things in life that money can't buy, but it's very funny - Did you ever try buying them without money?"
    Ogden Nash

  13. #93
    Philosopher masterblaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Never left Serenity Valley
    Posts
    3,323

    Default

    At bambi:
    ((*Peaks from behind fallout shelter doors* You done? Cause There's more investigation work I was ganna put in. Your reaction was...unexpected. i have to change my pantaloons.))
    "Sir, it seems either the tribals were more advanced than we thought, or they are in fact another army in waiting. i am for the former, as they seemed to keep their outposts near what appeared to be deep caves and hole sin the ground, and we only ever saw women. Mayhaps this was meant as a...camoflauge society?"
    Message from Emkayland arrives.
    ((Alos, In my mind your guys may be the most well trained in your country, but that doesn't mean much. I like to keep numbers and training even, so as to never have that argument" My Best is better than your best!"))
    At DPickle:
    The warehouse is made post-quick, and the team of men sent to work on the sling are doing an excellant job. While so far it can only launch small objects, they think they could soon make a stronger version foir heavier objects. three of the slings are made for the walls. Also, a message from Emkayland arrives.
    At ishamael:
    The council agrees whole-heartedly, praising the wise and medium choice. The Grieferanian representative bows to this, accepting the compromise.
    ((Um, why give them West? i believe the west is on your side.))
    Life is a box of chocolates, and my name is Forest Guuump!-Michael Bolton

  14. #94
    Philosopher Xeno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Canuckia
    Posts
    1,693

    Default

    ((Oh for godsake BAMBI YOU SENT A DOOD TO MY PLACE AND HAVE TOTALLY NOT RESPONDED!

    If there is an more delay I shall have to send you a stern letter outlining my complaint.


    Good day to you SIR!))
    "I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."
    ~Voltaire

  15. #95
    Philosopher masterblaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Never left Serenity Valley
    Posts
    3,323

    Default

    ((You okay Xeno? i'd hate to lose another player. Also, pheonetic misses you.))
    Life is a box of chocolates, and my name is Forest Guuump!-Michael Bolton

  16. #96
    Artisan dpickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster View Post
    At DPickle:
    The warehouse is made post-quick, and the team of men sent to work on the sling are doing an excellant job. While so far it can only launch small objects, they think they could soon make a stronger version foir heavier objects. three of the slings are made for the walls. Also, a message from Emkayland arrives.
    The slings are put on the wall. Some targets are put up and about 10 militia share the slings to learn how to use them from the walls. Some more stone is mined and put in the warehouse to use for trade. Dave was suprised at the letter. "This is from Emkayland? Are those not the same people that attacked us a short while ago!" Dave opens the letter.

    ((To Xeno: I reccomend that if Bambi doesn't reply soon to just post what you do afterwards and then go back to the conversation when he does reply))
    The only thing that surpasses the love humans have for one another is the hatred humans have for one another.

    Justice and equalitly are similar yet opposite. Both are wanted yet neither can exist in the presence of the other.

  17. #97
    Senator Mouse-Keyboard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The country with the world's longest official name
    Posts
    3,724

    Default

    A messenger is sent to The Outcasts to warn of an impending attack by Zolus that Emkayan scouts sent to investigate a false flag attack learned of. I assume the first attack was a test of strength, hence the retreat apparently without reason.

    Quote Originally Posted by Xeno View Post
    ((Still waiting on Mr. Sentambassadorstoallthenationsandisn'trespondingto thematall........ ))
    We are willing to trade with anyone who wants to

  18. #98
    Villager Bambi The Deer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    PCB, Florida
    Posts
    163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xeno View Post
    'I am indeed interested to see what you have to offer Ambassador.' King Radagaf replied politely. He was quite impressed with the craftsmanship on the guards armor, even if it was a little flashy for his liking. Though he wondered how functional it would be in actual combat? Compared to his personal bodyguards armor, which was still designed to withstand the rigors of combat, he wondered if the guards hadn't simply changed before they were in sight of his city.

    'Please come with me so we may discuss our nations future relationship.'
    (( I did nothing wrong Xeno well maybe I didn't notice it forgive meh?))
    "Yes shall we. We are mostly looking into economic relationships. Cios is quite a nation rich in gems, lumber, and other resources. would you wish to participate in trade?" The ambassador was blunt for he wished to return home post haste.
    Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster View Post
    At bambi:
    ((*Peaks from behind fallout shelter doors* You done? Cause There's more investigation work I was ganna put in. Your reaction was...unexpected. i have to change my pantaloons.))
    "Sir, it seems either the tribals were more advanced than we thought, or they are in fact another army in waiting. i am for the former, as they seemed to keep their outposts near what appeared to be deep caves and hole sin the ground, and we only ever saw women. Mayhaps this was meant as a...camoflauge society?"
    Message from Emkayland arrives.
    ((Alos, In my mind your guys may be the most well trained in your country, but that doesn't mean much. I like to keep numbers and training even, so as to never have that argument" My Best is better than your best!"))
    ((Thats a lot of soliders for my army to lose a little over a quarter actually is why I'm so...er eccentric to the outcome, but either way okey dokies.))
    "We need to send scouts there immediately that will stay hidden from whatever the threat might be." Jane said. "Look maybe this letter from Emkayland will clear some things up, perhaps?"
    Last edited by Bambi The Deer; 07-09-2011 at 04:45 AM.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of."
    "Certainly there are things in life that money can't buy, but it's very funny - Did you ever try buying them without money?"
    Ogden Nash

  19. #99
    Philosopher masterblaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Never left Serenity Valley
    Posts
    3,323

    Default

    At bambi:
    "Orders, sir?"
    Life is a box of chocolates, and my name is Forest Guuump!-Michael Bolton

  20. #100
    Artisan dpickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse-Keyboard View Post
    A messenger is sent to The Outcasts to warn of an impending attack by Zolus that Emkayan scouts sent to investigate a false flag attack learned of. I assume the first attack was a test of strength, hence the retreat apparently without reason.

    ((I'm assuming this is what the letter says))
    "Hmmmmm... I feel inclined to beleive them. Conquering us would be much more profitable to Zolus then to Emkayland for the simple reason that their closer." Dave orders everyone to get within the walls and sends some scouts to try and locate this army. He also orders most of the citizens to begin constructing slings and to bring stone onto the walls to use as ammo as well as shields from arrows. A small force of 50 militia were sent outside to hide and to get rid of any trebuchets once the fighting starts and the main force splits off from them. A messenger was sent to Cios to inform them that Zolus could be behind the attack, not Emkayland and that an attack may be coming.
    The only thing that surpasses the love humans have for one another is the hatred humans have for one another.

    Justice and equalitly are similar yet opposite. Both are wanted yet neither can exist in the presence of the other.

  21. #101
    Villager Bambi The Deer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    PCB, Florida
    Posts
    163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dpickle View Post
    ((I'm assuming this is what the letter says))
    "Hmmmmm... I feel inclined to beleive them. Conquering us would be much more profitable to Zolus then to Emkayland for the simple reason that their closer." Dave orders everyone to get within the walls and sends some scouts to try and locate this army. He also orders most of the citizens to begin constructing slings and to bring stone onto the walls to use as ammo as well as shields from arrows. A small force of 50 militia were sent outside to hide and to get rid of any trebuchets once the fighting starts and the main force splits off from them. A messenger was sent to Cios to inform them that Zolus could be behind the attack, not Emkayland and that an attack may be coming.
    The message is recieved and a group of Infantry and Marksmen are sent to assist, but only 50 of each. With a message stating why such a small force
    ((The message pretty much states that there have been difficulties in areas attempting to be colonized, so less troops can be spared. Not actually stating losses))
    Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster View Post
    At bambi:
    "Orders, sir?"
    "Send some hardy men to remove the bodies from the bases of the mountains and if identified return the bodies to their familes with full ceremonially honors otherwise we shall place them in the tomb of the unknown solider. Send scouts after this is compeleted to investigate this society with extreme caution though. We can risk losing more men and women." The order was given they could only hope for the best now.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of."
    "Certainly there are things in life that money can't buy, but it's very funny - Did you ever try buying them without money?"
    Ogden Nash

  22. #102
    Philosopher masterblaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Never left Serenity Valley
    Posts
    3,323

    Default

    At bambi:
    The forces have retrieved many of the bodies from the mountain bases, and the scouts have been implanted. The forces have reached Outcast territories.
    At DPickle:
    The scouts come back, saying the Zolus army is close by, still marching. by this nightfall, they will have arrived.
    Life is a box of chocolates, and my name is Forest Guuump!-Michael Bolton

  23. #103
    Artisan dpickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster View Post
    At bambi:
    At DPickle:
    The scouts come back, saying the Zolus army is close by, still marching. by this nightfall, they will have arrived.
    The marksmen were put on the walls. Stone slabs were brought to the walls to use as cover. Rock was brought onto the walls to dump on the enemy should they get too close. 500 militia with torches were put onto the wall, however they had orders to not light the torches until signaled, to try and trick the Zolus army into thinking the city had been caught unaware. Also some stone was piled up on the inside of the gate to make it harder to force open.
    The only thing that surpasses the love humans have for one another is the hatred humans have for one another.

    Justice and equalitly are similar yet opposite. Both are wanted yet neither can exist in the presence of the other.

  24. #104
    Philosopher masterblaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Never left Serenity Valley
    Posts
    3,323

    Default

    At DPickle:
    Nightfall comes, and all is quiet aexcept for the screaming winds of the frozen wastes. The, another noise wooshes through the air: A chant from somewhere out in the cold darkness
    "Reyo! Reyo! Reyo! REYO! REYO!!!!!"
    And the enemy steps into visible range. Hundred of marksmen begin to fire onto the walls. Many arrows stick into the walls, the stone slabs, and the ground in front. three archer militia are downed. Then, the torches on the walls alight, and your army fires back. The ciosian archers join in as well, their arrows mixuing with yours. about seventy five of the enemy are downed, while fifteen Ciosian marksmen are downed.
    Then enemy artillery is being prepped in the back, laoding heavily packed snow and some boulders into the trebuchets. The Mangonels have already begun moving forward, when your hidden milita strikes, post-poning the deadly trebuchets.
    Life is a box of chocolates, and my name is Forest Guuump!-Michael Bolton

  25. #105
    Senator Mouse-Keyboard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The country with the world's longest official name
    Posts
    3,724

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dpickle View Post
    ((I'm assuming this is what the letter says))
    "Hmmmmm... I feel inclined to beleive them. Conquering us would be much more profitable to Zolus then to Emkayland for the simple reason that their closer." Dave orders everyone to get within the walls and sends some scouts to try and locate this army. He also orders most of the citizens to begin constructing slings and to bring stone onto the walls to use as ammo as well as shields from arrows. A small force of 50 militia were sent outside to hide and to get rid of any trebuchets once the fighting starts and the main force splits off from them. A messenger was sent to Cios to inform them that Zolus could be behind the attack, not Emkayland and that an attack may be coming.
    Longbows are sent from Emkayland, along with a small group of archers to train The Outcasts.

    EDIT: Not sure how I missed the previous post :/
    Last edited by Mouse-Keyboard; 07-10-2011 at 03:08 PM.

  26. #106
    Artisan dpickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster View Post
    At DPickle:
    Nightfall comes, and all is quiet aexcept for the screaming winds of the frozen wastes. The, another noise wooshes through the air: A chant from somewhere out in the cold darkness
    "Reyo! Reyo! Reyo! REYO! REYO!!!!!"
    And the enemy steps into visible range. Hundred of marksmen begin to fire onto the walls. Many arrows stick into the walls, the stone slabs, and the ground in front. three archer militia are downed. Then, the torches on the walls alight, and your army fires back. The ciosian archers join in as well, their arrows mixuing with yours. about seventy five of the enemy are downed, while fifteen Ciosian marksmen are downed.
    Then enemy artillery is being prepped in the back, laoding heavily packed snow and some boulders into the trebuchets. The Mangonels have already begun moving forward, when your hidden milita strikes, post-poning the deadly trebuchets.
    Any dead or injured soldier is replaced by a militia from in the city going up onto the walls. The hidden militia group try to set the trebuchets alight and kill the seige operators. Some militia were sent to watch the collapsed back gate, just in case they try to dig through.
    The only thing that surpasses the love humans have for one another is the hatred humans have for one another.

    Justice and equalitly are similar yet opposite. Both are wanted yet neither can exist in the presence of the other.

  27. #107
    Philosopher masterblaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Never left Serenity Valley
    Posts
    3,323

    Default

    At Mouse:
    The Longbows arrive at the edge of battle. Neither the Outcasts nor the Zolus see your soldiers.
    At DPickle:
    Their soldiers continue to fire arrows upon your wall. Fifteen are taken out by your archers, while an additional 10 are downed by the slings. Three siege Mangonels arrive, firing heavy bolts into your walls. Five of your militia are downed.
    Their trebuchets are set alight, but the siege operators manage to kill three militia before dying themselves. A troop of twenty arrow soldiers turns around, and engages your militia.
    Life is a box of chocolates, and my name is Forest Guuump!-Michael Bolton

  28. #108
    Senator Mouse-Keyboard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The country with the world's longest official name
    Posts
    3,724

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster View Post
    At Mouse:
    The Longbows arrive at the edge of battle. Neither the Outcasts nor the Zolus see your soldiers.
    ((dpickle, Do you have any troops that can use bows?))

    If so: Longbows and arrows are given to all Outcasts capable of using them.

    If not: The bows are sent home, not wanting to risk large quantities of weaponry falling into enemy hands.

  29. #109
    Merchant Ishamael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Parkland
    Posts
    1,040

    Default

    The combined fleets of Grieferania and Iconia waited in blockade outside of the Pirate Settlements. The order was given to bombard the settlements and land troops further down each coast. The troops would then go as close as possible to the settlements and wait till the bombardment was over. Then they would attack the settlements and kill everyone that does not surrender. Eastern islands are given to Grieferanian, Western Islands to Iconia.

  30. #110
    Artisan dpickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster View Post
    At DPickle:
    Their soldiers continue to fire arrows upon your wall. Fifteen are taken out by your archers, while an additional 10 are downed by the slings. Three siege Mangonels arrive, firing heavy bolts into your walls. Five of your militia are downed.
    Their trebuchets are set alight, but the siege operators manage to kill three militia before dying themselves. A troop of twenty arrow soldiers turns around, and engages your militia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse-Keyboard View Post
    ((dpickle, Do you have any troops that can use bows?))

    If so: Longbows and arrows are given to all Outcasts capable of using them.

    If not: The bows are sent home, not wanting to risk large quantities of weaponry falling into enemy hands.
    ((I have ones that are capable but none that are really trained for it))
    Workers are sent to repair the walls from the inside as best they can. The militia by the trebuchet use the burning trebuchets as cover from the arrows. They protect the trebuchets to make sure the fires cannot be put out. They have orders to leave if the fire becomes too big to put out, the trebuchets are burnt enough to no longer be useable, or they face an overwhelming force.
    The only thing that surpasses the love humans have for one another is the hatred humans have for one another.

    Justice and equalitly are similar yet opposite. Both are wanted yet neither can exist in the presence of the other.

  31. #111
    Philosopher masterblaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Never left Serenity Valley
    Posts
    3,323

    Default

    At DPickle/Mouse:
    ((Mouse, it'd be hard to get into a city under siege))
    The trebuchets are hard burning, for the wetness of the snow fall makes it very hard to ignite. however, the taught wires have slimmed some, and will definitely break soon. your men escape into the frozen wastes to escape enemy arrows.
    6 militia are wounded by arrow fire, 10 died(On the walls).
    At Ishamael:
    Your Darts rove over the west, while their grieferanian Bombardier-Class Ships Comb the east. Your Heavy Bolts ((I'm gonna guess they're ignited so they can destroy better)) land into the midsts of settlements, catching them ablaze and causing much disuption. On your side, twelve Pirate Atack boats and three Pirate Hold ships follow, attempting to flee with minimal casualties. your men prove them wrong, sinking six Attack boats and two of the Hold boats.
    Life is a box of chocolates, and my name is Forest Guuump!-Michael Bolton

  32. #112
    Merchant Ishamael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Parkland
    Posts
    1,040

    Default

    Once the entire fleet was destroyed and about a quarter of each settlement was leveled, (small settlements) the ships were ordered to seize fire and the legionnaires ordered to invade the settlements on the western island.

  33. #113
    Philosopher masterblaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Never left Serenity Valley
    Posts
    3,323

    Default

    As the burning remnants of their ships sink, your Laegionaries storm the shores. While resistance is small, casualties are small. Fifty Legion-Boys are killed, and one dart is sunk by A last-Ditch Ilands defense. The Pirates flag falls, and raised over the land is your own. A call goes up over your islands:
    ALL HAIL ICONIA!
    Life is a box of chocolates, and my name is Forest Guuump!-Michael Bolton

  34. #114
    Senator Mouse-Keyboard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The country with the world's longest official name
    Posts
    3,724

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster View Post
    At DPickle/Mouse:
    ((Mouse, it'd be hard to get into a city under siege))
    Scouts are sent to estimate the size of the attacking force, and the bows are sent back, as they cannot be delivered.

  35. #115
    Artisan dpickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster View Post
    At DPickle/Mouse:
    ((Mouse, it'd be hard to get into a city under siege))
    The trebuchets are hard burning, for the wetness of the snow fall makes it very hard to ignite. however, the taught wires have slimmed some, and will definitely break soon. your men escape into the frozen wastes to escape enemy arrows.
    6 militia are wounded by arrow fire, 10 died(On the walls).
    About half the people wtih bows are ordered to light their arrows and fire at the mangonels, hoping to set them alight.
    The only thing that surpasses the love humans have for one another is the hatred humans have for one another.

    Justice and equalitly are similar yet opposite. Both are wanted yet neither can exist in the presence of the other.

  36. #116
    Merchant Ishamael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Parkland
    Posts
    1,040

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster View Post
    As the burning remnants of their ships sink, your Laegionaries storm the shores. While resistance is small, casualties are small. Fifty Legion-Boys are killed, and one dart is sunk by A last-Ditch Ilands defense. The Pirates flag falls, and raised over the land is your own. A call goes up over your islands:
    ALL HAIL ICONIA!
    The soldiers on their darts minus the garrison of 50 legionnaires per village went to the Eastern Islands to see if all was well on the Greiferanian battlefield.

  37. #117
    Villager Bambi The Deer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    PCB, Florida
    Posts
    163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster View Post
    At bambi:
    The forces have retrieved many of the bodies from the mountain bases, and the scouts have been implanted. The forces have reached Outcast territories.
    THe Infantry go and assist the guards along the gates and openings of the city. The Marksmen all light their arrows into the masses of the enemies.

    Dyke awaits the return of information from the scouts and prays his men stay strong in Outcasts land.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of."
    "Certainly there are things in life that money can't buy, but it's very funny - Did you ever try buying them without money?"
    Ogden Nash

  38. #118
    Philosopher masterblaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Never left Serenity Valley
    Posts
    3,323

    Default

    At bambi/DPickle/Mouse:
    The Emkayan scouts estimate the enemy army is several hundred larger than the defending forces.
    The Ciosian Guardians fire many arrows into the bulk of the Zolusian army, downing around twenty five of their archers, causing them to draw back a small fraction. The militia push them back further when they light their arrows, sending them back to the Mangonbels, which are set alight by the arrows.
    At Ishamael:
    The Grieferanian forces have suffered heavier losses, but have raised a tattered grieferanian banner over the Eastern pirate forts. Their own voctory cries are loud.
    At Bambi (Again):
    A scout report returns:
    "Lord and Mistress,
    The enemy is far more advanced than we realise. the women of the surface tend to crops and hunting, whilst below the earth, far down, men mine and craft weaponry. they are strong, hardy, and many. While we can get no accurate number, we can guess they are in the several thousands. and the tunnels stretch under most of the Eastern country, partially rising into the mountains where they must have flanked our own soldiers. We will begin to return, as it is too hard to sneak around any further in the tunnels. We already lost one scout. he was eaten. Alive.
    All hail Cios, Scouting Master Bromius
    Life is a box of chocolates, and my name is Forest Guuump!-Michael Bolton

  39. #119
    Artisan dpickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster View Post
    At bambi/DPickle/Mouse:
    The Emkayan scouts estimate the enemy army is several hundred larger than the defending forces.
    The Ciosian Guardians fire many arrows into the bulk of the Zolusian army, downing around twenty five of their archers, causing them to draw back a small fraction. The militia push them back further when they light their arrows, sending them back to the Mangonbels, which are set alight by the arrows.
    [/I]
    The militia use this gain in momentum to begin a more aggressive stance, firing more arrows and only falling into cover to reload or if there's an obvious wave of arrows coming. Also they reload the slings and fire. The force that was used to destroy the trebuchets goes to meet the Emkayland caravan to see what they're doing there.
    Last edited by dpickle; 07-12-2011 at 03:14 PM.
    The only thing that surpasses the love humans have for one another is the hatred humans have for one another.

    Justice and equalitly are similar yet opposite. Both are wanted yet neither can exist in the presence of the other.

  40. #120
    Senator Mouse-Keyboard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The country with the world's longest official name
    Posts
    3,724

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dpickle View Post
    The militia use this gain in momentum to begin a more aggressive stance, firing more arrows and only falling into cover to reload or if there's an obvious wave of arrows coming. Also they reload the slings and fire. The force that was used to destroy the trebuchets goes to meet the Emkayland caravan to see what they're doing there.
    ((It's a siege, you can't get out ))

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •