Results 1 to 30 of 30

Thread: What happened to server 5?????????????????

  1. #1

    Default What happened to server 5?????????????????

    HOLY COW PEOPLE!!!
    WAKE UP!!!!!
    These forums are looking really lame.
    Body double for Dan Chak.
    S4: Moron 4LIFE
    S2,S4,S5,S7: I simmed them all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cora View Post
    *blinks*
    "I'll do anything to pass this class...."
    "Yes, I've been very, very naughty..."
    Originally Posted by Sorcey
    MORON is #1 spammers for S4. Your posts are rediculous, way off topic, and silliest of all. We can all look forward to MORON consistently posting nothing about nothing through out this server.

  2. #2
    Senator Spiffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Long Island NY
    Posts
    2,004

    Default

    Lets start a debate!

    You're lame!

    Ok go people!
    Us5r2-Spiff (FoZ)
    Us5r3-George Clooney (Pack)
    Us5r4-Charlie Sheen ()

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiffy View Post
    Lets start a debate!

    You're lame!

    Ok go people!
    Who are you calling lame?
    I think you are the very one who killed these forums.
    If I had a badge I would arrest you on the spot.
    Body double for Dan Chak.
    S4: Moron 4LIFE
    S2,S4,S5,S7: I simmed them all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cora View Post
    *blinks*
    "I'll do anything to pass this class...."
    "Yes, I've been very, very naughty..."
    Originally Posted by Sorcey
    MORON is #1 spammers for S4. Your posts are rediculous, way off topic, and silliest of all. We can all look forward to MORON consistently posting nothing about nothing through out this server.

  4. #4

    Default

    arties. discuss.

    Hai, I'm Jarwa

    Many achievements. 10+ year player.

    Best achievements:
    #1 attacker - s5r3 Constellation
    #3 Attacker, builder of 3 EGH's, leader, and WW winner of s3r8 - Jarwa / TL;DR

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    arties. discuss.

    Weeks overdue and STILL banned! Come on!!

  6. #6
    Senator Spiffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Long Island NY
    Posts
    2,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drew777 View Post
    Who are you calling lame?
    I think you are the very one who killed these forums.
    If I had a badge I would arrest you on the spot.
    The forums were less lame then when you suddenly popped in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    arties. discuss.

    No! You can't tell me what to do!
    Us5r2-Spiff (FoZ)
    Us5r3-George Clooney (Pack)
    Us5r4-Charlie Sheen ()

  7. #7

    Default

    27 hours and still banned!!!!!!!!!! SORT IT OUT.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by baldymorph View Post
    27 hours and still banned!!!!!!!!!! SORT IT OUT.
    Sort what out exactly?

    The banned status? This is a US T3.6 server, arties always drop banned. No sorting needed there.
    The "delay"? As I heard it this was with respect to inclement weather for most of a coast, so still nothing to sort.
    27 hours banned? I've seen arties stay banned for several days before on US servers so despite any annoyance factor there remains no sorting to be done at the moment.

    Just displeased with the artifact selection in your immediate area? Then I could see the desire for some sort of "re-sorting" to take place and hopefully get better shinies nearby, but I don't like your chances.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThisGuyAgain View Post
    Sort what out exactly?

    The banned status? This is a US T3.6 server, arties always drop banned. No sorting needed there.
    The "delay"? As I heard it this was with respect to inclement weather for most of a coast, so still nothing to sort.
    27 hours banned? I've seen arties stay banned for several days before on US servers so despite any annoyance factor there remains no sorting to be done at the moment.

    Just displeased with the artifact selection in your immediate area? Then I could see the desire for some sort of "re-sorting" to take place and hopefully get better shinies nearby, but I don't like your chances.
    They were due out before the inclement weather so poor excuse. And where was the announcement???

    I've played many T3.6 servers on different domains and I can't even remember when they were banned for this long. The WW's will be out before these artefacts are released.

    Where exactly did I say I was displeased with their placement? Don't put words in my mouth. I mentioned how long they had been banned for - nothing more / nothing less.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by baldymorph View Post
    They were due out before the inclement weather so poor excuse. And where was the announcement???
    Actually no they weren't. The 130 day mark on server age and approximate date of artifact spawns was only reached 8 days ago, which was not before storms were expected to hit and damage to be known.

    On top of that each domain is given free reign to deal with artifacts as they see fit. The US domain does not announce artifact release ahead of time on anything prior to T4 (where artifacts are handled entirely differently anyway) and never has in the past either. If they are unannounced then why would you expect to see an announcement saying they were going to be late? And how would that even work?
    There is even precedent on US servers for artifacts, WWs or WW plans being delayed when their "due dates" would fall on major holidays let alone expected dangerous RL conditions and possible evacuations of large areas.

    Quote Originally Posted by baldymorph View Post
    I've played many T3.6 servers on different domains and I can't even remember when they were banned for this long. The WW's will be out before these artefacts are released.
    For starters "I can't remember when x has happened before" is not a good way to start off an argument that you think a 1 day ban length is historically out of line. At least try and look up past servers that are from the same domain and compare or draw from specific memory of specific servers from the same domain.

    And again, different domains are administrated by completely different teams given autonomy on how they choose to deal with artifacts. Comparing across domains is literally worthless. If you haven't played a US server T3.5 or T3.6 server then you have no meaningful experience to draw from about how artifacts are handled here. Saying the uk servers, indian servers, german servers, etc handle things differently is a false comparison from the word go.

    On top of that, I've played on 4 different US T3.5 or T3.6 servers and have never seen artifacts unban in under a day on any of them, ever. From the servers I've played, artifacts tend to unban more like somewhere between 24 and 48 hours in.
    You can even look through archives of US servers and find grump threads started by players when artifacts, WWs or WW plans have been held banned for the better part of a week.

    Quote Originally Posted by baldymorph View Post
    Where exactly did I say I was displeased with their placement? Don't put words in my mouth. I mentioned how long they had been banned for - nothing more / nothing less.
    Because I was trying to avoid text walling you on how absurd of a complaint you were making and it was obvious you weren't making a joke...

  11. #11

    Default

    It is day 142 or 143. Day 130 was the 28th.

    They were most likely postponed due to the hurricane on the east coast like TGA said above. They may still be banned due to the power outages on the west coast now, or maybe they just like toying with us.

    I would expect them to be unbanned fairly soon - within 24 hours, since we had a pretty late spawn.

    And I say the SE got the worst drop, then the NE, then the NW, and the SW got the best drop. VLR will most likely pick up a unique speed and a unique walls arty - the two best artifacts in the game.

    Edit: oh and they will most likely get the unique pendant as well...
    Last edited by Constellation; 09-09-2011 at 09:51 PM.
    Hai, I'm Jarwa

    Many achievements. 10+ year player.

    Best achievements:
    #1 attacker - s5r3 Constellation
    #3 Attacker, builder of 3 EGH's, leader, and WW winner of s3r8 - Jarwa / TL;DR

  12. #12
    Senator Spiffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Long Island NY
    Posts
    2,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    And I say the SE got the worst drop, then the NE, then the NW, and the SW got the best drop. VLR will most likely pick up a unique speed and a unique walls arty - the two best artifacts in the game.
    Yeah, I'm kind of disappointed.
    Us5r2-Spiff (FoZ)
    Us5r3-George Clooney (Pack)
    Us5r4-Charlie Sheen ()

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThisGuyAgain View Post
    Actually no they weren't. The 130 day mark on server age and approximate date of artifact spawns was only reached 8 days ago, which was not before storms were expected to hit and damage to be known.

    On top of that each domain is given free reign to deal with artifacts as they see fit. The US domain does not announce artifact release ahead of time on anything prior to T4 (where artifacts are handled entirely differently anyway) and never has in the past either. If they are unannounced then why would you expect to see an announcement saying they were going to be late? And how would that even work?
    There is even precedent on US servers for artifacts, WWs or WW plans being delayed when their "due dates" would fall on major holidays let alone expected dangerous RL conditions and possible evacuations of large areas.



    For starters "I can't remember when x has happened before" is not a good way to start off an argument that you think a 1 day ban length is historically out of line. At least try and look up past servers that are from the same domain and compare or draw from specific memory of specific servers from the same domain.

    And again, different domains are administrated by completely different teams given autonomy on how they choose to deal with artifacts. Comparing across domains is literally worthless. If you haven't played a US server T3.5 or T3.6 server then you have no meaningful experience to draw from about how artifacts are handled here. Saying the uk servers, indian servers, german servers, etc handle things differently is a false comparison from the word go.

    On top of that, I've played on 4 different US T3.5 or T3.6 servers and have never seen artifacts unban in under a day on any of them, ever. From the servers I've played, artifacts tend to unban more like somewhere between 24 and 48 hours in.
    You can even look through archives of US servers and find grump threads started by players when artifacts, WWs or WW plans have been held banned for the better part of a week.



    Because I was trying to avoid text walling you on how absurd of a complaint you were making and it was obvious you weren't making a joke...
    The 130 day mark was reached 13 days ago - I suggest you buy a new calendar. Maybe that's the reason most of what you are writing is complete nonsense. Before the storms. Would you like me to post exact dates??

    You are damn right each domain is given free reign on how the forum is run - now I can see why I haven't posted before if this is the shambollic way they are run compared to other domains. And comparing this domain to other domains is not a false comparison - it is based on years of experience. Something which you clearly lack.

    I will not be wasting my time here any further if the only people here have the tunnel vision / inability to read a calender / inexperience that you obviously do!

  14. #14
    Tradesperson hopdevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Bottles and Kegs
    Posts
    517

    Default

    hop pokes server 5 with a stick

    Yep, it's a dead body. I poked it with a stick. That makes it a corpse. Officially.
    Resist Prohibition

  15. #15

    Default

    Server 5 is starting to smell a bit as well......

    I agree with hop.

    Dead.
    S6R1 - Mercanish - RIV
    S2R3 - Lord Morn - BREW
    S6R3 - Merc / Tha Prophecy - Dark
    S5R4 - False Bottom - VLR
    S5R5 - ryanb - IMT

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by baldymorph View Post
    The 130 day mark was reached 13 days ago - I suggest you buy a new calendar. Maybe that's the reason most of what you are writing is complete nonsense. Before the storms. Would you like me to post exact dates??
    No set drop date, remember? No prior announcements ever, remember? The best estimate people had for an expected drop date was 9/1, while they actually appeared on the very early morning of 9/8. Oddly enough in the US it does not take 13 days to get from the first of September to the eighth.

    Also the drop date for arties being prior to the landing of storms and likely time needed to know the extent of damage done/cleanup required/potential restoration of services was the entire point...
    Mandatory evacuations were even being conducted in many areas which oddly enough also tend to happen prior to a storms arrival and not allow people to return into all those previous things I mentioned are taken care of; which once again cannot be until an unknown period of time after a storm has hit. That is almost certainly what caused the delay of 1 week, but noting else about the artifact release would have been changed. Still would have come in banned, still would have stayed banned a couple of days, and you probably still would have made a post complaining about it anyway.

    Quote Originally Posted by baldymorph View Post
    You are damn right each domain is given free reign on how the forum is run - now I can see why I haven't posted before if this is the shambollic way they are run compared to other domains. And comparing this domain to other domains is not a false comparison - it is based on years of experience. Something which you clearly lack.
    So an analogue of your argument here is to say "I've played poker for years and years, and now you're telling me yahtzee has different rules? This is absurd!"

    I don't care at all about the forums and never said anything about them. No forum staff has anything to do with artifact drops or ban times in the first place. And yes comparing across domains is completely worthless. Different domains can and do operate differently, it's even publicly available in multiple places that they are encouraged to do so if they so choose. So I don't care if you try and tell me you've played every round of every other domain since artifacts have come out, they mean nothing for how a US domain handles artifacts (which has been just like this server is doing right now every single time).

    At this you basically read as saying this is your first US server and you aren't happy it works like a US server always does, good work.

    Quote Originally Posted by baldymorph View Post
    I will not be wasting my time here any further if the only people here have the tunnel vision / inability to read a calender / inexperience that you obviously do!
    Sweet, glad to hear it. US5 only needs three types of posts, BRs lacking rams, BRs of massive hammers shooting iron mines, and trolling. I could have hoped you were a troll and let it go; but sadly you are instead a truly colossal idiot and seem to be suffering from both reading comprehension and logic failures.
    Last edited by ThisGuyAgain; 09-10-2011 at 02:52 PM.

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThisGuyAgain View Post
    US5 only needs three types of posts, BRs lacking rams, BRs of massive hammers shooting iron mines, and trolling.
    This certainly wasn't a post of a BR lacking rams, nor was it a BR of keeeeling iron mines, and nor was it trolling. So.....
    Hai, I'm Jarwa

    Many achievements. 10+ year player.

    Best achievements:
    #1 attacker - s5r3 Constellation
    #3 Attacker, builder of 3 EGH's, leader, and WW winner of s3r8 - Jarwa / TL;DR

  18. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by baldymorph View Post
    The 130 day mark was reached 13 days ago - I suggest you buy a new calendar. Maybe that's the reason most of what you are writing is complete nonsense. Before the storms. Would you like me to post exact dates??
    ermmm... I lost power for several days because of Irene starting 14 days ago, and Irene had already landed in the US at least a day before that.
    - Carrie, retired HMH -

  19. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    This certainly wasn't a post of a BR lacking rams, nor was it a BR of keeeeling iron mines, and nor was it trolling. So.....
    Maybe you just aren't used to the flavor of my trolling. I certainly could have just split up quotes and posted the obligatory "cool story bro" and "u mad?" memes as responses; but I have a flair for purple prose and like to sprinkle a little trolling in for spice.

    Also it's true I lack BRs of the proper us5 variety, probably because I'm weak and my account lacks leadership.

  20. #20

    Default

    You guys are putting way too much thought into why the artifacts are still banned. This is just typical us5/us server admin. They like to keep people tied to their computers 24/7 feeding hammers. After all, as long as the the artifacts remain banned people have to NPC resources into wheat, and to do that they have to spend gold. With only 1300 active players on the server, I am sure they are not making the money on the server that they used to, so they have to make it up somewhere.

  21. #21

    Default

    Are you all new to s5 or what? The answer is obvious.
    Administration is waiting for a holiday to come alone before they unban the artifacts.
    We now have another reason to look forward to Thanksgiving. I can't wait!
    Body double for Dan Chak.
    S4: Moron 4LIFE
    S2,S4,S5,S7: I simmed them all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cora View Post
    *blinks*
    "I'll do anything to pass this class...."
    "Yes, I've been very, very naughty..."
    Originally Posted by Sorcey
    MORON is #1 spammers for S4. Your posts are rediculous, way off topic, and silliest of all. We can all look forward to MORON consistently posting nothing about nothing through out this server.

  22. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drew777 View Post
    Are you all new to s5 or what? The answer is obvious.
    Administration is waiting for a holiday to come alone before they unban the artifacts.
    We now have another reason to look forward to Thanksgiving. I can't wait!
    well, there was a holiday.. they missed it. maybe they were taking the day off

  23. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hound_dog View Post
    With only 1300 active players on the server, I am sure they are not making the money on the server that they used to, so they have to make it up somewhere.
    1300 active players? What definition of "active" are you using?
    There are 545 heroes on the server and 100 of those are level 0.
    The server realistically has maybe 450 accounts that are really playing right now, if that.

    I think that gives KoN 30% of the active players. -sigh-

    Any KoN feel like changing teams, just to make this server more interesting?

  24. #24

    Default

    They are definately waiting. Starting to screw things up for me.

  25. #25

    Default

    It gives KON 99% of the noobs

  26. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by plugula View Post
    It gives KON 99% of the noobs
    I guess that other one percent is where you sit?
    Body double for Dan Chak.
    S4: Moron 4LIFE
    S2,S4,S5,S7: I simmed them all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cora View Post
    *blinks*
    "I'll do anything to pass this class...."
    "Yes, I've been very, very naughty..."
    Originally Posted by Sorcey
    MORON is #1 spammers for S4. Your posts are rediculous, way off topic, and silliest of all. We can all look forward to MORON consistently posting nothing about nothing through out this server.

  27. #27

    Default

    Only a Moron could figure that out. Loved the henge by the way.

  28. #28

    Dan Chak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Syracuse, baby!
    Posts
    8,063

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by baldymorph View Post
    The 130 day mark was reached 13 days ago - I suggest you buy a new calendar. Maybe that's the reason most of what you are writing is complete nonsense. Before the storms. Would you like me to post exact dates??

    You are damn right each domain is given free reign on how the forum is run - now I can see why I haven't posted before if this is the shambollic way they are run compared to other domains. And comparing this domain to other domains is not a false comparison - it is based on years of experience. Something which you clearly lack.

    I will not be wasting my time here any further if the only people here have the tunnel vision / inability to read a calender / inexperience that you obviously do! exits stage left, full of wrath and indignationn
    fix'd!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by gebne View Post
    St. Chak, glorious atelier, faithful servant and bearer of thong,
    the stain of the troll has caused you to be forgotten by many,
    but the true forum invokes you universally as the patron of things despised of;
    pray for me, that finally I may receive the alterations and the couture of thongs in all my fripperies, ornamentations, and trimmings,
    particularly those of purple hue, and that I may read Chak with the thong throughout Eternity.

  29. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by plugula View Post
    Only a Moron could figure that out. Loved the henge by the way.
    Thank you. I do appreciate. We try to please.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Chak View Post
    fix'd!!!
    This wonderful man here had nothing to do with it.
    Body double for Dan Chak.
    S4: Moron 4LIFE
    S2,S4,S5,S7: I simmed them all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cora View Post
    *blinks*
    "I'll do anything to pass this class...."
    "Yes, I've been very, very naughty..."
    Originally Posted by Sorcey
    MORON is #1 spammers for S4. Your posts are rediculous, way off topic, and silliest of all. We can all look forward to MORON consistently posting nothing about nothing through out this server.

  30. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thraddash View Post
    1300 active players? What definition of "active" are you using?
    There are 545 heroes on the server and 100 of those are level 0.
    The server realistically has maybe 450 accounts that are really playing right now, if that.
    I've actually never thought of it that way, for some reason. I've always gone off of the 'active players' number in the General stats which is currently... *goes off to look*.... 1414.

    I would personally do it a different way. I would look at the top alliances in each quad and go by those numbers. I came up with 474.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thraddash View Post
    Any KoN feel like changing teams, just to make this server more interesting?
    Magic 8 ball (hey El Che does that bring back memories to you?) says ask again later
    Hai, I'm Jarwa

    Many achievements. 10+ year player.

    Best achievements:
    #1 attacker - s5r3 Constellation
    #3 Attacker, builder of 3 EGH's, leader, and WW winner of s3r8 - Jarwa / TL;DR

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •