Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tombstone Mafia

Question, if Burninator isn't a power role, then what did we just do? Also, do we loose that much given the roles can shift to someone else?
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    The sad part is, Flying Pumpkin's reveal is bigger news than the WW.
    Quote Originally Posted by fortress View Post
    ...I ethos'd it...
    Answers to common questions? Game help, Forum rules, Forum Rank, other great resources, and for new posters

vote: spiderham

he's clearly mafia.

well, maybe lol.

Voting closed. KP coming in less then one hour.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingPumpkin View Post
    Question, if Burninator isn't a power role, then what did we just do? Also, do we loose that much given the roles can shift to someone else?
    only 3/5 power roles can shift... that means 2 cannot and if he isn't a power role then he is probably mafia but we can't really tell that. M-K is probably town but he has the same chance of being mafia as anyone and if we have to lynch every night its better to get rid of the useless players first that aren't going to contribute to finding the mafia.
    S1R3: Silentium(DSP)/ TheSteelCurtain
    S1R4: The Godfather (TRU)
    S1R5: Tyler Durden (HB)

S4R2: Firefly99/ Atirakis/ Sleaze (WP-BOHICA)
    S4R3: Dusty Bottoms (RED)

OK, gotcha... and no pressure... nothing like saying be useful or die.
    ...I ethos'd it...
    Answers to common questions? Game help, Forum rules, Forum Rank, other great resources, and for new posters

Quote Originally Posted by tarheels09 View Post
    I don't think burninator is mafia and him claiming a power role makes me want to keep him around... and see if good ole wyatt earp could investigate him and see if he is innocent or not. losing a power role night one seriously blows. I urge anyone who hasn't voted to vote for M-K or someone to change their vote.
    Virgil is the investigator. Wyatt is the protector.

ah ok my bad thanks for the clear up HS

Off topic: I really like the little bit of role play you guys are throwing in there.

Kill post, Night 1

Votes:

5 Mouse-Keyboard (The Burninator, moron23, tarheels09, spiderham, gerbilownage)
    2 The Burninator (FlyingPumpkin, kmattman)
    2 spiderham (wittlebaby, GotMilk)
    1 Baron D'Holbach (Hidden Sage)
    1 wittlebaby (Flossie Schmumpus)
    1 tarheels09 (????)
    1 gerbilownage (mbstokem)
    1 Flossie Schmumpus (Baron D'Holbach)
    **Not voting: Dooglash Sontoosh

Details:
    - Mouse-Keyboard (Citizen) was lynched by the citizens of Tombstone.
    - Dooglash Sontoosh (Virgil Earp) was killed by Johnny Ringo.

As the people of Tombstone sat around, drinking ale, one man stood up, staggering and said, "Well, let us get on with this!"
    He walked to the back of the room and grabbed a small man by his shirt and flung him to the floor in front of the crowd. "This man has been too quiet, and I don't like the look of 'im! I say he is a Cowboy!"
    The crowd stared at the men with anger in their eyes. A slow mumble started among them then suddenly the man was hit in the head with a bottle throw from the crowd. With the sound of the crash the mob surrounded him. As quick as it began the crowd parted to show him dead on the floor.
    Wyatt pushed his way through the crowd and stripped the man of his coat and turned out all of his pockets. "This man holds no red sash, he was one of our own."
    With that a few men grabbed the lifeless body and took him to the undertaker.

~~~

Virgil was riding back home after a long day protecting their investment at the Pharaoh table.
    He arrived home and was tying up his horse and brushing her down. He caught movement in the corner of his eye.
    "Hello Virgil," Johnny Ringo said, flashing his six shooter.
    Virgil went for his own gun as a shot rang out, hitting Virgil in the shoulder of his shooting arm.
    "I wouldn't do that if I was you," Johnny said.
    "D**n you Johnny Ringo, and d**n the Cowboys!" Virgil spat.
    "We will see about that," Johnny said as he let loose another round as he turned and fled.

Hearing the shot Wyatt ran from the Oriental towards the sound. As he came closer he realized he was looking at his brother Virgils house. "No!" he screamed as he rounded the corner to see his brother lying lifeless by his beloved horse. Wyatt bent down and held his brothers head in his arms, "I will find you, all of you! And when I do, you will regret the day you got yourself tied to me!!"
    After a short while of holding his brothers lifeless body, he carried Virgils body to the undertaker himself.

vote: Hidden Sage

He is mafia.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbstokem View Post
    o ya. i hope he goes back to it. i liked my name being in some1's sig

[HAUNT]Well, that's a little more than annoying. . .[/HAUNT]

If the Law had been actually tending to their business instead of supporting the house of ill repute, none of this would have happened. Ban alcohol and debauchery now. Close the Oriental. Join the Women's Temperance League. You men can be in the Auxiliary. Save Tombstone.
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

Quote Originally Posted by Flossie Schmumpus View Post
    If the Law had been actually tending to their business instead of supporting the house of ill repute, none of this would have happened. Ban alcohol and debauchery now. Close the Oriental. Join the Women's Temperance League. You men can be in the Auxiliary. Save Tombstone.
    You would turn the death of one of our own into an argument for political gain? I understand and sympathize with your cause, but I beg of you-- respect the dead, and allow their surviving kin time to mourn before this rabble-rousing begins.

In other news-- well, our already limited investigative power is now curbed even further. Wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden sage View Post
    In other news-- well, our already limited investigative power is now curbed even further. Wonderful.
    You're probably ecstatic, being mafia and all.

I was thinking along the same lines.

What am I missing here?

What am I missing here?
    Doog was the investigator, HS killed him, HS is mafia. That's about it.

You would turn the death of one of our own into an argument for political gain? I understand and sympathize with your cause, but I beg of you-- respect the dead, and allow their surviving kin time to mourn before this rabble-rousing begins.
    My dear Mr. Sage, unlike you, I am not the type to just dither around when there is work to be done. How many more deaths must we endure because of your love for your cups? My poor sweet dear Freddie never would have dithered. That saloon is blinding your eyes to the truth. If the men of this town spent their days tending to business instead of drinking and what not scurrilous murderous scum would not be able to run rampant killing the citizens of this fair town. I begin to wonder if your constant efforts to stop me from my goal of making Tombstone dry are not an indication of a more sinister motive.
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

My dear Mr. Sage, unlike you, I am not the type to just dither around when there is work to be done. How many more deaths must we endure because of your love for your cups? My poor sweet dear Freddie never would have dithered. That saloon is blinding your eyes to the truth. If the men of this town spent their days tending to business instead of drinking and what not scurrilous murderous scum would not be able to run rampant killing the citizens of this fair town. I begin to wonder if your constant efforts to stop me from my goal of making Tombstone dry are not an indication of a more sinister motive.
    And whose to say the dirty wenches in this town aren't the culprits? Why does it have to be the men, it could just as easily be...you.

How dare you?!!? You sir are no gentleman. My poor sweet dear Freddie was buried today and now two more upstanding citizens of this town are at the undertakers waiting for their interment and you dare call me a dirty wench. You menfolk are doing nothing but blustering and dithering.

*walks off in a huff*

Flossie you're worthless

It's logical to assume at least one mafia voted for mk, I'd like to see what burn says about it

I do my best.
    Last edited by Flossie Schmumpus; 09-22-2011 at 07:19 AM. Reason: just because3

I would FoS mbstokem for accusing HS for no reason, but he's always like this.
    So now what?

(looking a bit white in the face) This is a sad sad day for our little town. We've been duped into killing one of our own and those damn cowboys killed one of the law men that should have been helping us all along. How did they know where the brother was staying!?!

@Flossie as she walks away, Ma'am, your a good woman, to good for our little town but we need to fix these cowboys or there won't be any town for you to fix later.

@the rest of the town, It does seem like those voting to off one of our own should be suspects. That would make it; The Burninator, moron23, tarheels09, spiderham, and gerbilownage

Regarding last nights vote, Spiderham jumped on at the last minute and after their vote wasn't really needed. I can understand wanting to lend support and Burninators speech was convincing, so I for one don't think that was malicious vote, so in my book spiderham isn't a cowboy in disguise. For the rest that leaves the following.

1) If Burninator is a cowboy, then either their talk swayed us in droves, or other cowboys snuck in their votes to get pressure off Burninator. His talk last night was convincing though so I am still a bit uncertain. If he is a cowboy, we can expect several others tied up in Mouse-Keyboard's death.
    2) At least one Cowboys voted to off the accused out of spite (if Burninator isn't guilty, then that would leave moron23, tarheels09, and gerbilownage assuming spiderham is in the clear)
    3) we did it all on our own, though the thought that the cowboys did not have a hand in last night scares me to death.
    Last edited by FlyingPumpkin; 09-22-2011 at 01:39 PM.
    ...I ethos'd it...

Doog was the investigator, HS killed him, HS is mafia. That's about it.
    are you willing to put yourself on the line if HS is lynched and you are wrong?

Now we don't need to be hasty here, plenty of day light yet and the cow boys only seem to side wind into town at night, or at least put on those damnable red sashes at night.

If someone knows something and is positive enough to put there own life on the line, I got to respect that, but lets not be hasty to box people into corners.
    ...I ethos'd it...

are you willing to put yourself on the line if HS is lynched and you are wrong?
    Sure, why not? You can try to lynch me if HS turns up innocent.

Dear sir, I do believe you are being a bit rash in your assessment of this situation. Dooglash was a dear friend of mine, and I would NEVER cause him harm of my own volition. Indeed, I cannot help but wonder what force is encouraging you to accuse me so strongly.

Sure, why not? You can try to lynch me if HS turns up innocent.
    Why, sir, should it be a debate over whether either of us is a member of this accursed gang? I have no quarrel with you or your kin.

Dear sir, I do believe you are being a bit rash in your assessment of this situation. Dooglash was a dear friend of mine, and I would NEVER cause him harm of my own volition. Indeed, I cannot help but wonder what force is encouraging you to accuse me so strongly.

Why, sir, should it be a debate over whether either of us is a member of this accursed gang? I have no quarrel with you or your kin.
    This post is useless. Of course Doog was your "dear friend". What kind of mafia/cowboy would you be if you said otherwise? YOU may not have caused him harm, doesn't mean your rowdy group of ruffians didn't.

You are a cowboy, plain and simple. No debate, just facts.

This post is useless. Of course Doog was your "dear friend". What kind of mafia/cowboy would you be if you said otherwise? YOU may not have caused him harm, doesn't mean your rowdy group of ruffians didn't.

Sir, I fail to understand you. You have presented no facts, merely accused me without cause.

And you are aware that I would call Doog a dear friend if he was a dear friend, as well, sir? You conjecture that I am a criminal because I claim a man as a friend. Maybe I call that man a friend because he is.

Your rashness is disappointing, good sir. I do hope you can overcome it, and be more reasonable.

Maybe I call that man a friend because he is.
    [Touris]Was. [/Tourist]

As much as the RP truly terrifies me, HS raises a point. Stokem do you have anything more than a gut feeling about HS? If you're sure enough to put yourself up next round that means you are either bluffing or have some solid basis of reasoning. I don't believe/disbelieve anyone at this point, but I'd like to hear the reasoning.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingPumpkin View Post
    (looking a bit white in the face) This is a sad sad day for our little town. We've been duped into killing one of our own and those damn cowboys killed one of the law men that should have been helping us all along. How did they know where the brother was staying!?!

@Flossie as she walks away, Ma'am, your a good woman, to good for our little town but we need to fix these cowboys or there won't be any town for you to fix later.

@the rest of the town, It does seem like those voting to off one of our own should be suspects. That would make it; The Burninator, moron23, tarheels09, spiderham, and gerbilownage

Regarding last nights vote, Spiderham jumped on at the last minute and after their vote wasn't really needed. I can understand wanting to lend support and Burninators speech was convincing, so I for one don't think that was malicious vote, so in my book spiderham isn't a cowboy in disguise. For the rest that leaves the following.

1) If Burninator is a cowboy, then either their talk swayed us in droves, or other cowboys snuck in their votes to get pressure off Burninator. His talk last night was convincing though so I am still a bit uncertain. If he is a cowboy, we can expect several others tied up in Mouse-Keyboard's death.
    2) At least one Cowboys voted to off the accused out of spite (if Burninator isn't guilty, then that would leave moron23, tarheels09, and gerbilownage assuming spiderham is in the clear)
    3) we did it all on our own, though the thought that the cowboys did not have a hand in last night scares me to death.
    Pumpkin, the point of voting for M-K yesterday was not to try and lynch a mafia (although it would've been nice if that happened). The reason he was lynched was because on day 1, there's just not enough to go on to successfully figure out who is mafia, so since someone had to be lynched, we might as well lynch someone who never contributes to the town.

Your post is useless too. You're saying that HS is mafia beyond any reasonable doubt, but you don't any evidence at all. So are you willing to get lynched if it turns out HS is mafia?

Unfortunately I'm busy for the rest of the day so I don't have more time to see this through today.

Vote: Hidden Sage
    Reason: Going with Mbstokem. If he's wrong he's willing to put himself on the block tomorrow.

Are you gentlemen so caught up in your drink it is befuddling your minds? What has the rotgut wrought in your poor little heads. People of Tombstone, Tarheels is setting two more citizens of our fair town up for the kill. Do you not see that? No you are so taken with your vices you can not see further than your noses.

Vote: Tarheels
    Reason: Setting mbstokem up for the kill tomorrow with the 'If I am wrong I will be up next' ploy and setting up Hidden Sage today using mbstokem's rational.
    Last edited by Flossie Schmumpus; 09-22-2011 at 08:20 PM. Reason: brain free zone ended, needed bolding

Can't decide whether to vote for mbstokem or kmattman. They've just bandwagoned twice in a row, and I am 100% sure HS is not mafia, and I am 100% sure I am not mafia.

Dude are you stupid? There are only 2 town roles who know who someone else is for sure and you just broadcasted it...... You better hope you have a doc on you.

Unvote: HS
    Vote: Mbstokem
    Reason: If what burn says is true, then MB clearly wants one of the main town roles dead.
    Last edited by kmattman; 09-22-2011 at 08:29 PM. Reason: To fix the bolded stuff.

Banned.

Are you gentlemen so caught up in your drink it is befuddling your minds? What has the rotgut wrought in your poor little heads. People of Tombstone, Tarheels is setting two more citizens of our fair town up for the kill. Do you not see that? No you are so taken with your vices you can not see further than your noses.

Vote: Tarheels
    Reason: Setting mbstokem up for the kill tomorrow with the 'If I am wrong I will be up next' ploy and setting up Hidden Sage today using mbstokem's rational.
    I'd have to say, that's pretty sound. Didn't think about that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Burninator View Post
    Can't decide whether to vote for mbstokem or kmattman. They've just bandwagoned twice in a row, and I am 100% sure HS is not mafia, and I am 100% sure I am not mafia.
    How are you 100% about HS? That would imply you investigated him and since doog was the investigator AND no specials were in effect the first night anyways, that leaves you with some 'spainin' to do.

Quote Originally Posted by The Burninator View Post
    How do you know for sure that HS isn't mafia? Being 100% sure someone isn't mafia is pretty obvious mafia tell, since only a mafia would know with 100% certainty. Combined with your behavior yesterday...
    Vote: Burninator
    (I'm not too worried about mbstokem cuz he does that kind of thing almost every round)

Banned.

Unless Burn is saying he's Mayor Crumb and HS is Wyatt Earp, which would be pretty dumb to broadcast.

Mayor John Clumb ~ The mayor may stop a lynch one time during the round. Mayor Clumb knows the identity of Wyatt Earp.
    Sorry there is only one role that knows who another town role is...... That's basically role claiming.....