Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: S3R4...A GOB biased perspective. Stupidly long. Do not read unless you've got time.

yea i chose you because you looked like the juiciest target in vd and i thought you would have level 19 fields. im glad i finally saw that report, i spent many hours building and worrying about that little hammer haha. did you ever rebuild the fields?

Quote Originally Posted by bananafields View Post
    here is my anvil (it had about 100k more phalanx at one point) it was fun and everyone i met on this server was really nice. i finally got the dual i wanted the whole time about 2 months ago and at that point i was content to mostly watch lanie play until the server ended. also ihad a 40k hammer that i suicided on blizzard when we allied with spork (i didnt want to play anymore when that happened). -sirbutthead
    Attachment 8574
    (225k phalanx 82k dr)
    SBH, thank you so much for letting me play that account. Think I was on it for about 4 months. You set up a nice account to play and I went crazy building troops. Couple of the croppers made for a nice garage (ones that weren't set up to build troops) The account went to good use, it kept our hemon scrolls and plans safe on top of the standing defense there was already in place. Thank you for not deleting it
    Last edited by Verlanie; 12-06-2011 at 03:28 AM.
    us8 Lanie - Lanie
    us3r3 - Horse
    us6r3 - Puzzle TR/RTA Puzzle Hammer
    us3r4 - GOB (another massive Gaul anvil) - Winners
    us6r4 - Satans Choice - THC http://travian-reports.net/us/report/1905565bba5
    us7r3 - Chuckles - Stooges http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2106816d1bd
    us2r6 - Bonzi - Tueton anvil, not recommended if you like to raid.

Yeah, i rebuilt the fields, but only to level 18. It is just the way i do things and it worked for me. Most servers i usually dont build level 19s, but some i have and even gotten higher. I guess it depends on what I'm doing. Surprisingly enough though, when i play anvil, i usually build my fields up more. (level 18s this round as a hammer, but all 19s last round as a anvil)
    Retired as of 10/13/14 after 7 and a half years of playing. Good luck to those who continue to play.
    us2; Round 6 - Adjudicator (Getter) (BACON) (Lost)
    us3; Round 2 - stevo (Getter) (QoD) (Lost)
    us3; Round 3 - stemem (Getter) (SI) (Won)
    us3; Round 4 - BliZZarD (Getter) (Delicious) (lost)
    us3; Round 5 - Ice Lillies (Getter) (DoS) (Semper DoS)
    us3; Round 7 - Revolt (Getter) (SI) (Won)
    us8; Round 1 - Heavenly Wrath (Getter) (TNT) (won)
    com3; Round ? - General Mills (Getter) (ReD DoS/TWD) (Lost)

Hey, better then being in an oasis i guess.
    So I'm an idiot and lost 1/3 of my EGH hiding in a local cap oasis. So what. Sometimes you have to gamble and make a play that they would think you're too smart to make. I gambled and lost. Not like the Frenchie WW won it for GOB.

Artisan

One things i would decidedly like to commend GOB on is not necessarily the AMOUNT of EGH's that they came in o endgame with....but the overall high degree of quality that they brought to the table. Getting a player to store their hammer is hard enough....but getting them to do it, and build and EGH properly is something entirely different.

Perhaps you had a level of experienced hammers returning to this server that we couldn't compete with. But this is the second server in a row that I've helped organize endgame for...and at times it's like herding ducklings with ADHD.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Lassie View Post
    It seems that y'all must not have, since wookie didn't know that Taz had played over here. I think my account, as an anvil, took more damage here, than I have on any other server. However, getting to watch deadcow raid and attack was fun.

Good play, GOB
    I'm pretty sure it was established earlier on the forums that the Taz that played in the SE was NOT the same Taz that you had a torrid hate-affair with on s5
    I'm a d!ck. Don't trust me.

s5r2 - Bsehlers
    s5r3 - Khaliekat

s1r4 - Harmacy - I try to leave, but i keep getting sucked back in

s3 - Greenskeeper

Quote Originally Posted by bsehlers View Post
    Perhaps you had a level of experienced hammers returning to this server that we couldn't compete with. But this is the second server in a row that I've helped organize endgame for...and at times it's like herding ducklings with ADHD.
    It was my first EGH, and although it wasn't among the top guns, I'm pretty happy with it. I have to say, though, that it wouldn't be half that size if not for the help and advice from the leadership. In my case it was rawhide and yorba I worked most with regarding the EGH. That, and of course the 1/2 wheat artifact, probably contributed the most to the relative quality of GOB EGH's.

Artisan

Quote Originally Posted by Sarathello View Post
    It was my first EGH, and although it wasn't among the top guns, I'm pretty happy with it. I have to say, though, that it wouldn't be half that size if not for the help and advice from the leadership. In my case it was rawhide and yorba I worked most with regarding the EGH. That, and of course the 1/2 wheat artifact, probably contributed the most to the relative quality of GOB EGH's.
    Gratz to you, then. You produced an excellent EGH, which is not as easy a task as some folks assume.

The use of the account-wide 1/2 wheat affect was near-perfect. MY only suggestion would be to not broadcast it so clearly next time by naming all the villages used as hammer storage with a "z" in the beginning...it's a pretty clear attempt to group them together at the bottom of your account overview.
    I'm a d!ck. Don't trust me.

s5r2 - Bsehlers
    s5r3 - Khaliekat

s1r4 - Harmacy - I try to leave, but i keep getting sucked back in

s3 - Greenskeeper

I finally read this thread, cuz I didn't want to do my homework.

May I have a cookie?
    Hai, I'm Jarwa

Many achievements. 10+ year player.

Best achievements:
    #1 attacker - s5r3 Constellation
    #3 Attacker, builder of 3 EGH's, leader, and WW winner of s3r8 - Jarwa / TL;DR

The use of the account-wide 1/2 wheat affect was near-perfect. MY only suggestion would be to not broadcast it so clearly next time by naming all the villages used as hammer storage with a "z" in the beginning...it's a pretty clear attempt to group them together at the bottom of your account overview.
    I don't think that mattered much. Just the fact of having so many croppers away from their cluster was a giveaway as to what they were for. The 'z' didn't do much more than that. But definitely a really good use for it. Most just leave it for a hammer. Anvils make much better use of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erbal View Post
    I'm still new to actually presenting opinions to other people that require quality substance behind them.
    Quote Originally Posted by ConanHC View Post
    I havent enjoyed my last 24 hours on this forum, in big part because of you.

But this is the second server in a row that I've helped organize endgame for...and at times it's like herding ducklings with ADHD.
    I OBJECT!! I was totally medicated this round!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lev View Post
    .... can't you see that this thread is being de-"railed", harder than Dayna in a SPORK chat?
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgandy View Post
    Utensils have already won because WE have Dayna and Drunk Skyping night...webcams optional.
    s5: Littlegirldsl
    s3: Ltlgrl, 2 kill, Silverking

Quote Originally Posted by ltlgrl View Post
    I OBJECT!! I was totally medicated this round!
    Speaking of medicated...
    S3 R3 Tabs - Ĝutcasts
    S3 R4 Rastafari - Utensils
    S3 R5 Ndowd, 2 Evil 1z -PHN (not playing atm)
    S5 R3 Scarlet Panther - AC|DC
    S6 R4 Uselessium - THC

Quote Originally Posted by Yo_Vanilla_Ice View Post
    Burg...has FEELINGS???? what is s3 coming to!!!???
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHanded View Post
    Yeah, she doesn't show her TT's off to just anyone. She likes to engulf big hammers with those.