Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: S3R4 Awards (another tl;dr)

Quote Originally Posted by Verlanie View Post
    Yeah so did we. It was just a bit trickier when wheat dropped in between the 10 sec scoutings. (first server I've had it happen and twice) Had to make sure no other resources dropped in also to get the size of merchants. Alot of times we didn't use the chart, if it was an even 10 sec scouting, multiplying by 360 was just easier.

This was what we used https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...REVyYXc#gid=13 Thank you Pyro
    Nice little spreadsheet...

I should be ashamed to say I just calculated it each time...

So, umm, how often were these scoutings spotted by the scoutee?

The scoutee knowing they were wheat scouted and or scouted at any point doesn't really matter. By then you already know what you were looking for. The size of a hammer, a hammer home, etc. Once, you guys tried to kill our scouts on gio's village, so the next time when Japoco launched soon after we didn't bother with the hammer village, went for the cap to see if anything was home. And it was. Only cata and maces were home, so we calculated the growth time for axes and tks and went with that. IMO, if I'm scouting someone looking for something I don't care if they know or not. You had huge scout hammers and I always wondered why, that could have been more offensive troops or defensive troops, but its your game play and you had fun
    us8 Lanie - Lanie
    us3r3 - Horse
    us6r3 - Puzzle TR/RTA Puzzle Hammer
    us3r4 - GOB (another massive Gaul anvil) - Winners
    us6r4 - Satans Choice - THC http://travian-reports.net/us/report/1905565bba5
    us7r3 - Chuckles - Stooges http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2106816d1bd
    us2r6 - Bonzi - Tueton anvil, not recommended if you like to raid.

Artisan

The scoutee knowing they were wheat scouted and or scouted at any point doesn't really matter. By then you already know what you were looking for. The size of a hammer, a hammer home, etc. Once, you guys tried to kill our scouts on gio's village, so the next time when Japoco launched soon after we didn't bother with the hammer village, went for the cap to see if anything was home. And it was. Only cata and maces were home, so we calculated the growth time for axes and tks and went with that. IMO, if I'm scouting someone looking for something I don't care if they know or not. You had huge scout hammers and I always wondered why, that could have been more offensive troops or defensive troops, but its your game play and you had fun
    Huge scout numbers are typically there to scout ghost-able troops, without enough scouts to adequately protect them. Was assumed with the numbers in your quad, that you either had to have a significant amount of fairly inexperienced players, you were either learning on the fly, you were teaching. Either way, we translated that into a steeper learning curve as precisely how many scouts it would require spot a full-blown scout hammer.

Judging by the number of scout reports that were posted in our offensive room, where the defender didn't catch the scouting, we were mostly correct with that assumption...
    I'm a d!ck. Don't trust me.

s5r2 - Bsehlers
    s5r3 - Khaliekat

s1r4 - Harmacy - I try to leave, but i keep getting sucked back in

s3 - Greenskeeper

wait, wait, waaaaaaaait.

please tell me you are not questioning the validity or purpose of the scout hammers.
    us5r2: Tiamat: #1 attacker, #1 hero. had a blast.
    us5r3: Jaali: 'i refuse to be victimized by notions of virtuous behavior' -calvin. Grats to Jarwa.
    us3r4: Tempus: Official s3 idiot. herpderp.
    s6r4: Janbos. first, last and only egh.
    s2r6: Persephone/Leif Ericson: The Funtards and divorce are a B****
    s2r7: ?

Quote Originally Posted by Eudaimonia View Post
    Birds fly, dogs bark, wookie smash. Such is life.

So there were vital villages with less than 100 scouts each?? Say it ain't so!

(100 would usually detect even a large scout hammer, killing at least 1)
    Roses are red; violets are blue. I shagged your girl; maybe tomorrow you can to.

Quote Originally Posted by Chumpanzie View Post
    So there were vital villages with less than 100 scouts each?? Say it ain't so!

(100 would usually detect even a large scout hammer, killing at least 1)
    Yeah normally, but i personally never kept more then 7500 away from home...(for 1500 wheat). Got a scout arti that kreed grabbed from gob. Didn't know what to do with it as firemedic was the only scouter and i couldn't afford many more scouts, so i kept it just to know if someone scouted my hammer. Which they never did, made me kinda sad.
    Retired as of 10/13/14 after 7 and a half years of playing. Good luck to those who continue to play.
    us2; Round 6 - Adjudicator (Getter) (BACON) (Lost)
    us3; Round 2 - stevo (Getter) (QoD) (Lost)
    us3; Round 3 - stemem (Getter) (SI) (Won)
    us3; Round 4 - BliZZarD (Getter) (Delicious) (lost)
    us3; Round 5 - Ice Lillies (Getter) (DoS) (Semper DoS)
    us3; Round 7 - Revolt (Getter) (SI) (Won)
    us8; Round 1 - Heavenly Wrath (Getter) (TNT) (won)
    com3; Round ? - General Mills (Getter) (ReD DoS/TWD) (Lost)

Quote Originally Posted by Durinmaleus View Post
    wait, wait, waaaaaaaait.

please tell me you are not questioning the validity or purpose of the scout hammers.
    Nope, just asking because it was the first time I've seen that many used all at once. Didnt quite understand why. Thanks HT.

@Memory - Terry Bull stole the spy arty, gave it to you, unless Kreed was playing his and her account that would make sense that he stole it.
    us8 Lanie - Lanie
    us3r3 - Horse

I think you guys did a phenomenal job with the scout hammers, but they really were overkill. Especially bels... you didn't need the equivalent of 75000 scouts to scout anything on that server. Regardless, they definitely did pay off.
    S2R4 Freddie- Solo (WVF) S3R4 Supernova- Solo (GOB) S5R4 Sinth- Dual (VLR) S1R5 Sinth- Dual (TRP) S2R5 Aurora-Solo (BaWs)

Quote Originally Posted by strata View Post
    It's a shame you're a fail anvil in the game, and have absolutely nothing at all to do with offense. But whatever floats your boat chicky!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah View Post
    I think you guys did a phenomenal job with the scout hammers, but they really were overkill. Especially bels... you didn't need the equivalent of 75000 scouts to scout anything on that server. Regardless, they definitely did pay off.
    I like to scout all of the alliance capitals / hammers at the same second. Not sure if they did that, but it's pretty fun, espeically if you get their Skype convos. They get freaked out (even more so if they're all 1 scout pings)
    Hai, I'm Jarwa

Many achievements. 10+ year player.

Best achievements:
    #1 attacker - s5r3 Constellation
    #3 Attacker, builder of 3 EGH's, leader, and WW winner of s3r8 - Jarwa / TL;DR

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah View Post
    I ran that account after blowing up the machielsj hammer. If anything, there werent near enough. Ask all the midlevel caps that the tiny bels hammer cap popped. They didnt see it coming. I also got a look at deadcows hammer for days without him knowing. Wish burg or B had hit it, but I was tired of playing by that point..so i didnt really harp.
    Forever a Utensil
    #3 attacker...s3r4
    #1 attacker...s6r4 (1.65 million attack points)(THC round won)
    best round i've played to date

Nope, just asking because it was the first time I've seen that many used all at once. Didnt quite understand why. Thanks HT.

@Memory - Terry Bull stole the spy arty, gave it to you, unless Kreed was playing his and her account that would make sense that he stole it.
    ahh, guess it was the case.

As for them both playing as a multi, it is possible, but i'm not sure. Anyway, ativan took over the account about the time terry bull deleted, so terry was not on the account after it at all.
    Retired as of 10/13/14 after 7 and a half years of playing. Good luck to those who continue to play.
    us2; Round 6 - Adjudicator (Getter) (BACON) (Lost)
    us3; Round 2 - stevo (Getter) (QoD) (Lost)
    us3; Round 3 - stemem (Getter) (SI) (Won)
    us3; Round 4 - BliZZarD (Getter) (Delicious) (lost)
    us3; Round 5 - Ice Lillies (Getter) (DoS) (Semper DoS)
    us3; Round 7 - Revolt (Getter) (SI) (Won)
    us8; Round 1 - Heavenly Wrath (Getter) (TNT) (won)
    com3; Round ? - General Mills (Getter) (ReD DoS/TWD) (Lost)

On iPhone, can't see what I'm typing if I quote...

I haven't had possession of a scout arti in a while. Your responses make perfect sense, forgive me lol

The MJ person- you missed my cap!
    S2R4 Freddie- Solo (WVF) S3R4 Supernova- Solo (GOB) S5R4 Sinth- Dual (VLR) S1R5 Sinth- Dual (TRP) S2R5 Aurora-Solo (BaWs)

Quote Originally Posted by strata View Post
    It's a shame you're a fail anvil in the game, and have absolutely nothing at all to do with offense. But whatever floats your boat chicky!!

Quote Originally Posted by MachielsJ View Post
    I ran that account after blowing up the machielsj hammer. If anything, there werent near enough. Ask all the midlevel caps that the tiny bels hammer cap popped. They didnt see it coming. I also got a look at deadcows hammer for days without him knowing. Wish burg or B had hit it, but I was tired of playing by that point..so i didnt really harp.
    Hey! We talked about it a lot. Can't remember why we didn't though. L2 read back in leadership room, noob!
    S3 R3 Tabs - Ĝutcasts
    S3 R4 Rastafari - Utensils
    S3 R5 Ndowd, 2 Evil 1z -PHN (not playing atm)
    S5 R3 Scarlet Panther - AC|DC
    S6 R4 Uselessium - THC

Quote Originally Posted by Yo_Vanilla_Ice View Post
    Burg...has FEELINGS???? what is s3 coming to!!!???
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHanded View Post
    Yeah, she doesn't show her TT's off to just anyone. She likes to engulf big hammers with those.

Wow, the losers gathering around to sing Kumbaya has yielded the the longest post-mortem thread(s) I've ever seen. (Somehow Jmach still comes out looking like a bad***** though).
    (If it makes you feel any better, this troll lost as well )

the scout hammers and their size paid off in spades.
    us5r3: Jaali: 'i refuse to be victimized by notions of virtuous behavior' -calvin. Grats to Jarwa.

Quote Originally Posted by Durinmaleus View Post
    the scout hammers and their size paid off in spades.
    They were extremely annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shenaynay View Post
    According to the theory of evolution, you probably shouldn't be allowed here either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    You're a ******* idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luisss View Post
    I DON'T CARE WHAT THE ANSWER IS.
    S3- Nemesis- http://travian-reports.net/us/report/60926971ac5 (That clay pit had it coming!!!!!!)
    S1- Trannysaurusrex- 7RU (the awesome wing)
    S1- Inshallah. It be but the will of God.

No neg coords for me.

Artisan

Truth be told, for any application other than wheat-scouting a hammer, a scouting that goes unnoticed is FAR better than one that gets caught. To that effect, there's really no such thing as "enough" scouts

s5r2 - Bsehlers
    s5r3 - Khaliekat

s3 - Greenskeeper

I guess this could actually be a preference play. Many good points on all sides, but not totally necessary.

http://cry.travianteam.com/archive.p...7_13&v=players < South Park account us2r4, we had 7k scouts.
    us8 Lanie - Lanie
    us3r3 - Horse

Artisan

I guess this could actually be a preference play. Many good points on all sides, but not totally necessary.

http://cry.travianteam.com/archive.p...7_13&v=players < South Park account us2r4, we had 7k scouts.
    Yes, but for those of us WITHOUT TT's @ 3x speed, sometimes we have to make due with other advantages.

s5r2 - Bsehlers
    s5r3 - Khaliekat

s3 - Greenskeeper

Quote Originally Posted by bsehlers View Post
    Yes, but for those of us WITHOUT TT's @ 3x speed, sometimes we have to make due with other advantages.
    Hai, I'm Jarwa

Many achievements. 10+ year player.

Best achievements:
    #1 attacker - s5r3 Constellation
    #3 Attacker, builder of 3 EGH's, leader, and WW winner of s3r8 - Jarwa / TL;DR

Having scout hammers that could be called at whim to paint a target was a great asset. I had HT paint 10+ villa's for me on several occasions and he still had enough available to fill other alliance requests. This enabled me to put less resources towards scouts and still maintain a good picture of what folks around me had. Given that of the 10+ villa's only one report was seen by the villa owner I would daresay that this was a win for us.

I wouldn't call it a win. We did just as much with less. (still wondering why you didn't find the five cropper garages on my account) Only one of my villages I saw scouted was the cap with very little defense home, I was hoping bels would come back. I had 76k DRs and 54k phalanx waiting once they returned home.....(other villages had nothing to look at other than the 5 croppers)
    I only put one village at priority for scouts, the cap, and I told the same to others. The rest I never really care what you see, all scouts do on feeders is eat wheat. The hammer can be put on dodge, so scouts eating there is a problem also. Enough to keep a small scouting on villages other than the cap like 51 units is always enough for me. The spy arties make it impossible to protect your whole account even if you don't send a massive scout hammer on it. So there is no reason to eat up all the wheat on your account with scouts defending the villages.
    us8 Lanie - Lanie
    us3r3 - Horse

ghosting you was a waged trip, and you know it. you were far too active to get caught. and the account you moved to was far enough away that we would never catch you.

Artisan

I wouldn't call it a win. We did just as much with less. (still wondering why you didn't find the five cropper garages on my account) Only one of my villages I saw scouted was the cap with very little defense home, I was hoping bels would come back. I had 76k DRs and 54k phalanx waiting once they returned home.....(other villages had nothing to look at other than the 5 croppers)
    I only put one village at priority for scouts, the cap, and I told the same to others. The rest I never really care what you see, all scouts do on feeders is eat wheat. The hammer can be put on dodge, so scouts eating there is a problem also. Enough to keep a small scouting on villages other than the cap like 51 units is always enough for me. The spy arties make it impossible to protect your whole account even if you don't send a massive scout hammer on it. So there is no reason to eat up all the wheat on your account with scouts defending the villages.
    We didn't find the 5 cropper garages, mostly because we didn't bother looking. As much as i love TT's, they are fairly smooshy when they run into defense...especially behind a gaul or roman wall. So you could've had 50% of GOB's endgame siege sitting on your account, and it still would've likely been a wast of time to march out there and try to kill it. With our limited resources, it was far more prudent to go after less active targets, with fewer Phalanx at their beck and call.

s5r2 - Bsehlers
    s5r3 - Khaliekat

s3 - Greenskeeper

Quote Originally Posted by bsehlers View Post
    We didn't find the 5 cropper garages, mostly because we didn't bother looking. As much as i love TT's, they are fairly smooshy when they run into defense...especially behind a gaul or roman wall. So you could've had 50% of GOB's endgame siege sitting on your account, and it still would've likely been a wast of time to march out there and try to kill it. With our limited resources, it was far more prudent to go after less active targets, with fewer Phalanx at their beck and call.
    Interesting thought Most of those less inactive targets rebuilt and helped with sending resources and reins during end game. Some even had an EGH and small war hammers. I never did understand the act of going after capitals, all it does is leave the player with a huge gold bill. I once sent a clean up bill to a player on another server. The player had no sense of humor. If I recall it added up to 5 hours of cleaning his dead troops off the wall, body bags, burial services and came to 100 gold. He didn't pay up lol
    Last edited by Verlanie; 12-14-2011 at 11:29 PM.
    us8 Lanie - Lanie
    us3r3 - Horse

Interesting thought Most of those less inactive targets rebuilt and helped with sending resources and reins during end game. Some even had an EGH and small war hammers. I never did understand the act of going after capitals, all it does is leave the player with a huge gold bill. I once sent a clean up bill to a player on another server. The player had no sense of humor. If I recall it added up to 5 hours of cleaning his dead troops off the wall, body bags, burial services and came to 100 gold. He didn't pay up lol
    And yet you all targeted capitals as well. Perhaps some of your folks can explain the reason to you, or possibly it was bad strategy on both sides of the fence.

I guess we did more with even less than you guys. You guys never dared touch my account, and i was a hammer so no 200k D on it and it was only 6 1/2 hours by cat from deadcow.

Well then, you're missing a bit in tactics then.

First and foremost, if you don't fake/hit caps, that limits the targets that people need to rein when there's attacks. If you only fake, most will eventually catch on and only rein hammers.

Caps store hammers and provide them wheat. If you knock out a cap, most need immediate storage, which leaves them more open to ghostings. Yeah, you can store with others but quite frankly, what quality players have lots of storage around? You have to split it up around a few players and possibly some with the less than active ones unless you get lucky and there's an anvil/hammer that just splatted their troops.

Sometimes, you get lucky and they leave a hammer home. And some put their hammers in their oasis' just for the attacks. Which means easy ghostings or if you do get all the fields, there can be mass starvation. Especially if you land in the 3-5am time frame.

It makes it a real pain to feed any reins if you keep faking and they have an arti or just their hammer villa. This can cause premature or ill planned hammer launches. Without cap wheat and they need to rein, there's almost a definite chance that you're delaying the rebuild, and therefore the time they can get back to making troops.

Not to mention that caps are usually 1/2 an account's production. Most will have to stop queuing troops while they rebuild it and most never get it back to where they had it before (especially if they knocked down warehouses/GWs to build other things), so less wheat and storage.

Not to mention that everyone's not rich and some don't have the coin to keep golding everything up or npcing res to keep their troops fed.
    Last edited by beefy; 12-15-2011 at 02:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erbal View Post
    I'm still new to actually presenting opinions to other people that require quality substance behind them.
    Quote Originally Posted by ConanHC View Post
    I havent enjoyed my last 24 hours on this forum, in big part because of you.

Lets look back........Did those caps you hit store EGHs? One that I can think of, Verasalis (didn't take down all his fields) and he was also within a 10 hour travel time for your speed artifacts. He rebuilt his cap. And at the point it was hit, the hammer wasn't hurting for wheat yet, nothing a bit of raiding couldn't fix to feed it while fields were being rebuilt. The casual players also rebuilt, they did not store EGHs. Who would put an EGH hammer on an account that isn't watched closely? I couldn't tell you how many players I told to put their hammers home and just dodge them because all you guys were doing was trying to make them put them in an oasis to run them over. Some took my advice, some didn't. I even had one player just put scouts in his oasis's to see if it was scouted while fakes were en route to his capital. Guess what? the oasis was scouted. And a casual player got hit. The night you tried to chief Zevea, Krash and I ran sims. With the players you sent, the moral bonus was too high for Zevea to be chiefed, so krash and I decided to let it go undefended.

I didn't do the offense from our side because my idea of targets are a whole lot different than yours and the offensive coordinator on our side. I saw last round what works best and it worked very well on the champ server. Kon from last round also had some good meaning targets. Hanging the op's on my head doesn't apply here (I wouldn't go after caps or wheat fields, too easy and too cheap to fix).

None of your points about storing troops mentioned above happened either. You didn't hit big offensive players, you didn't hit big defensive players, you hit small casual players. What good did that do? Was it just for your LOLz? And your pattern of hitting anyone past a 20 hour round trip was too easy to spot. That didn't happen either. Honestly, your constant fakes and attacks on the casual players were nothing but annoying and many nights I just logged off and went to bed and let things fall as they did because I wasn't hearing from them and the bigger players had it handled, they knew who to call on when needed. If you really wanna win a server someday, learn from mistakes and watch what the winning teams do to get a win. I'll put Kon from us5 in the spotlight here right now. Go watch them play. I had the opportunity to play with them on round 4 of us5, TR from us6. I picked up some of their strategies and applied it to ours. We won with it. If you had hit the bigger players it would have hurt more but only for a short time period, but again nothing a bit of raiding couldn't fix. I was once told the team that raids the most consistently is the team to beat. I believe it, I've seen it happened many times on multiple servers. Extra income is always a plus for building EGHs and raiding safely. Most everyone on the GOB side used gold also moderately, abused when necessary.

Something I would also like to point out here that hasn't been mentioned. GOB had 11 hammers that we really didn't need. Our wonder was going to reach 100 whether we used them or not. Rawhide and Dietch wanted to go out with a big bang and they sure did.
    us8 Lanie - Lanie
    us3r3 - Horse

Artisan

Lets look back........Did those caps you hit store EGHs?
    Pretty sure I killed Hocake's capital with 9000 rams sitting it: http://travian-reports.net/us/report/1475626e618. Just sayin'

And, quite frankly, of COURSE we targetted your small and midsize players first. We would've been out of our minds not to, as we had just spent half the round watching the SE run trains of hammers to their doom on deadcow. We knew that your leaders and active hammers would call for reinforcements, and get them. And as you so adeptly stated, you had an excess of hammers. So even hitting smaller, casual players was taking out EGH's, if we did it right (though, for the record, there was nothing small about Supreme One or South Park, nor anything casual about Insomnia, USAF, or Jellyfish).

And your calcs on Zevea were wrong. That chiefing failed completely due to my miscommunication with my dual. The large party in my hammer ran out 45 minutes before the hammer landed, while i was in a meeting for work. I forgot to text my dual before hand to make sure he restarted it...and since we dropped the loyalty t0 3, if i recall, a large party would've made a world of difference.

None of your points about storing troops mentioned above happened either. You didn't hit big offensive players, you didn't hit big defensive players, you hit small casual players....If you had hit the bigger players it would have hurt more but only for a short time period, but again nothing a bit of raiding couldn't fix.
    OK, so hitting small players was useless. And hitting large players would've been useless. You're right, capitals can be rebuilt...but the cap is the most expensive and slow target to rebuild, other than chiefing a hammer. And you can't rely on ONLY hammer chiefings as a tactic. So stop trying to spin it as if our tactics were poor, and yours were awesome. Because those two statements boil the server down to the precise truth...that this was, and always has been a numbers game. GOB + Nemesis was more than double our player base...Utensils didn't have a shot in hell at making a run for the win without getting nemesis on-board. So we took a gamble, with the knowledge that everyone we talked to would rather have fun losing, than delete out of boredom before coasting to a win.

You're right, our offensive strategy shied away from 20+ hour trips...but so did yours. Other than throwing toy hammers at feeders (and even then, only feeders belonging to Tempus and myself), nobody went after a real target other than Deadcow.

s5r2 - Bsehlers
    s5r3 - Khaliekat

s3 - Greenskeeper

Funny thing about those 9k rams was, those were Bludex rams and he was sitting that account. He was just too busy in rl to keep up. The loss of those rams didnt bother him much. It also didn't hurt us.

Feeders are useless if you hit them right They're also a very important part of an account.

As far as the chiefing, we had the brewery added in our calcs because one of the players had just cleared a ww or natar plans the day before. I don't remember now who it was, maybe you. Loyalty was dropped to 23. Still needed one more chief.

Forgot you played Gaul, maybe it was Beefy, mach, not sure, but they had cleared natars the day before. Brewery runs for 48 hours. It was a teuton.
    Last edited by Verlanie; 12-15-2011 at 12:52 PM.
    us8 Lanie - Lanie
    us3r3 - Horse

Lets look back........Did those caps you hit store EGHs? One that I can think of, Verasalis (didn't take down all his fields) and he was also within a 10 hour travel time for your speed artifacts. He rebuilt his cap. And at the point it was hit, the hammer wasn't hurting for wheat yet, nothing a bit of raiding couldn't fix to feed it while fields were being rebuilt. The casual players also rebuilt, they did not store EGHs. Who would put an EGH hammer on an account that isn't watched closely? I couldn't tell you how many players I told to put their hammers home and just dodge them because all you guys were doing was trying to make them put them in an oasis to run them over. Some took my advice, some didn't. I even had one player just put scouts in his oasis's to see if it was scouted while fakes were en route to his capital. Guess what? the oasis was scouted. And a casual player got hit. The night you tried to chief Zevea, Krash and I ran sims. With the players you sent, the moral bonus was too high for Zevea to be chiefed, so krash and I decided to let it go undefended.

I didn't do the offense from our side because my idea of targets are a whole lot different than yours and the offensive coordinator on our side. I saw last round what works best and it worked very well on the champ server. Kon from last round also had some good meaning targets. Hanging the op's on my head doesn't apply here (I wouldn't go after caps or wheat fields, too easy and too cheap to fix).

None of your points about storing troops mentioned above happened either. You didn't hit big offensive players, you didn't hit big defensive players, you hit small casual players. What good did that do? Was it just for your LOLz? And your pattern of hitting anyone past a 20 hour round trip was too easy to spot. That didn't happen either. Honestly, your constant fakes and attacks on the casual players were nothing but annoying and many nights I just logged off and went to bed and let things fall as they did because I wasn't hearing from them and the bigger players had it handled, they knew who to call on when needed. If you really wanna win a server someday, learn from mistakes and watch what the winning teams do to get a win. I'll put Kon from us5 in the spotlight here right now. Go watch them play. I had the opportunity to play with them on round 4 of us5, TR from us6. I picked up some of their strategies and applied it to ours. We won with it. If you had hit the bigger players it would have hurt more but only for a short time period, but again nothing a bit of raiding couldn't fix. I was once told the team that raids the most consistently is the team to beat. I believe it, I've seen it happened many times on multiple servers. Extra income is always a plus for building EGHs and raiding safely. Most everyone on the GOB side used gold also moderately, abused when necessary.
    And what does it say that the only shot you took at a large player on our side was a cap shot?

And considering that verasalis's hammer was only used as a clear (and not all that big anyway), I'd say you proved my point by mentioning him. One less is one less.

Were your only eghs on huge accounts? Nope. It's a guessing game as to where they are to a point, apparently we only found 1 egh cap.. Still better than not hitting any at all. The massive ones always get reins. The mid size players are the ones who need their cap production more and it does cost them lots of troops to rebuild it when you find them.

I couldn't tell you how many players I told to put their hammers home and just dodge them because all you guys were doing was trying to make them put them in an oasis to run them over. Some took my advice, some didn't.
    Ummm..... do I really have to say anything... You're arguing that the strategy doesn't work, and are admitting that it did at the same time? Do you really ever wonder why I call you a ******?

Something I would also like to point out here that hasn't been mentioned. GOB had 11 hammers that we really didn't need. Our wonder was going to reach 100 whether we used them or not. Rawhide and Dietch wanted to go out with a big bang and they sure did.
    Thank laughter for that. I believe your final count was 26 hammers including ramstacks. Not enough to blow up 7 wonders 3 times each. We would have stuck to the original plan of sending massive hammers at druid and the smaller ones to blow up frenchie's infra if not for that.

Forgot you played Gaul, maybe it was Beefy, mach, not sure, but they had cleared natars the day before. Brewery runs for 48 hours. It was a teuton.
    It's 72 hours actually. And again, thank you for admitting your short sightedness and fail. The brewery can be turned on way ahead of time and as long as it runs out before you land, you don't fire random or lose chiefing power. Travian 102: don't assume anything or you get screwed. I love playing against people like you if you assume crap like that.
    Last edited by beefy; 12-15-2011 at 05:41 PM.
    I'm still new to actually presenting opinions to other people that require quality substance behind them.

I have had about enough of your disgusting posts. If you don't have anything good to add to something why bother posting? You are the one person on these forums this round that everyone called an idiot. I was explaining something. I also believe I could outplay you on this game anyday. Oh wait, I did, our alliance won.

Excuse me if I had the teuton brewery wrong. I guess that shows I don't like teutons. And I don't play them. And I'm big enough to admit I was wrong. I did not say your strategy of faking caps didn't work, I said I told players what you were doing. You're more of a noob than I ever thought you could be. The round is over, and you still think you won. A little butt hurt because you lost again.......Thats what 3 servers you've lost on? (and only 3 played) Two you deleted from, this is the only one you finished and still lost. And if I remember correctly Verasalis hammer did a whole lot more damage in end game than yours did, it helped zero a wonder. Again, our wonder won. Your strategies to slow us down and or stop us didn't work. Its time to realize some things you did could have been done differently. It wasn't a win for you dear Beefy, you lost. And you'll lose again if you dont lose your attitude and learn to play strategically instead of ADHD aggressive.
    us8 Lanie - Lanie
    us3r3 - Horse

I have had about enough of your disgusting posts. If you don't have anything good to add to something why bother posting? You are the one person on these forums this round that everyone called an idiot.
    I believe I also hold that honor.

What about that last post is disgusting? He disagrees with you and points out a little logical misstep and next thing you know hes a idiot. For one who abhors name calling and the like, you seem to jump to it rather quickly with very little provocation.
    He busts your chops a little bit and next thing you know, hes the anti-Christ? I for one know that he is an excellent player. Then again, according to jelly, I'm a lack luster player as well. Strange mind set on this server.
    Forever a Utensil
    #3 attacker...s3r4

I have had about enough of your disgusting posts. If you don't have anything good to add to something why bother posting? You are the one person on these forums this round that everyone called an idiot. I was explaining something. I also believe I could outplay you on this game anyday. Oh wait, I did, our alliance won.

Excuse me if I had the teuton brewery wrong. I guess that shows I don't like teutons. And I don't play them. And I'm big enough to admit I was wrong. I did not say your strategy of faking caps didn't work, I said I told players what you were doing. You're more of a noob than I ever thought you could be. The round is over, and you still think you won. A little butt hurt because you lost again.......Thats what 3 servers you've lost on? (and only 3 played) Two you deleted from, this is the only one you finished and still lost. And if I remember correctly Verasalis hammer did a whole lot more damage in end game than yours did, it helped zero a wonder. Again, our wonder won. Your strategies to slow us down and or stop us didn't work. Its time to realize some things you did could have been done differently. It wasn't a win for you dear Beefy, you lost. And you'll lose again if you dont lose your attitude and learn to play strategically instead of ADHD aggressive.
    So let me get this straight. You ask a question and I give you an honest and sincere answer only to have you turn around and flame it on how your players are awesome and we could do nothing to stop them and I'm the bad guy? Take a look in the mirror and don't criticize people if you can't take criticism back.

And when you do decide to try to flame people, please have your data correct and there wouldn't be nearly as much to point out and call you an idiot for. All of the crap in your last post shows this. You have no clue to what you're talking about and a quick check on facts would show that. Except for the whole you guys winning this server part, which just shows poor sportsmanship on your part to try to flame someone on a different topic by bringing that up.

And about the whole not liking the way I post, you've told me several times that you approve of it. I guess it just comes down to more hypocrisy where you only like it if it's directed at someone else. Though I am rather curious to why you would take me off ignore if you didn't want to read anything I post. Seems that you do like it after all.

As for the whole playing better thing, again with the poor sportsmanship and trying to compare apples and oranges. I killed caps, cleared multiple natars, stole artifacts, and chiefed hammers. While you simmed and built an egh. But if you do want to go there... I built a 130k with 4500 cats in a month. My total end game assets were about 230k clear after beating on stuff all round. If I was to work all server and build an egh.. who's would have been bigger?
    Last edited by beefy; 12-15-2011 at 09:31 PM.

What about that last post is disgusting?
    Do you really ever wonder why I call you a ******? <--this part, the never ending personal insults. I'm sure you saw them all server long. Every post made by Beefy had an insult inserted somewhere to someone, mainly me. He lost the server and yet he still thinks he could have won. He talks like the server would have gone on and on forever, but in reality it was going to end. The longer it went, the more defense was growing, therefore making it harder to hit anything and it did just like his cata that took the wonder down 1 level. With less defense than there would be for the next time he built yet his 3rd hammer that would have bounced. He might be a good player in your eyes but in mine hes a noob, he lost, hes deleted from servers and probably would had deleted from this if not had been in a leadership position.

Me insulting him, I held back for 6 months, it was a long time coming. If he can dish it out he sure as heck should be able to receive it and not have his dogs come bail him out.

You two are like wolves, you come in packs. The dogs that play together, stay together
    Last edited by Verlanie; 12-16-2011 at 01:49 PM.
    us8 Lanie - Lanie
    us3r3 - Horse

Artisan

You two are like wolves, you come in packs. The dogs that play together, stay together

The point i was trying to make about the chiefing, is that you seem to consistently take the assumptions you've made, and treat them as truth. I've commended you, and many other members of GOB for the things that you do well. However, if you injected a little bit of self-doubt into your conclusions, I think that you'd find yourself a more effective tactician.

You've consistently claimed that destroying caps is not as effective strategy....and if that's the case, why were they defended? There were 2-3 capitals that we sync'd fakes and scoutings on when our hammers landed on Zevea's hammer village...if caps are so unimportant, why have 75K defense sitting in a cap, and only 3000 druids in a hammer village? You claim it's because you "knew" that it wasn't possible. But that was based on a fallacious assumption.

s5r2 - Bsehlers
    s5r3 - Khaliekat

s3 - Greenskeeper

Do you really ever wonder why I call you a ******? <--this part, the never ending personal insults. I'm sure you saw them all server long. Every post made by Beefy had an insult inserted somewhere to someone, mainly me. He lost the server and yet he still thinks he could have won. He talks like the server would have gone on and on forever, but in reality it was going to end. The longer it went, the more defense was growing, therefore making it harder to hit anything and it did just like his cata that took the wonder down 1 level. With less defense than there would be for the next time he built yet his 3rd hammer that would have bounced. He might be a good player in your eyes but in mine hes a noob, he lost, hes deleted from servers and probably would had deleted from this if not had been in a leadership position.

Me insulting him, I held back for 6 months, it was a long time coming. If he can dish it out he sure as heck should be able to receive it and not have his dogs come bail him out.

nah, I didn't delete this server because I got a dual that helped out when I was studying.

Listen, I know your style of play... **** everyone's **** for as long as you can so you don't ever get attacked and can sim all round since if you get hit once you're useless. If you ever wanna learn how to actually be useful all round and still be able to bring over 250k assets to the table at end game, gimme a ring sometime. Though I'll be waiting for an apology for your rudeness and self-centered, uninformed ******** first.

Do you really ever wonder why I call you a ******? <--this part, the never ending personal insults.
    It's just ball busting. I'm sure, no matter how he feels about your posts or gameplay, he cares very little about you or your feelings. Just as I'm assuming you dont care about mine or anyone elses really. You seem to be the only player here that cant take it in stride, which in my opinion, speaks to your silliness. So I say this as one of the first sincere thing I've posted, grow up.
    Forever a Utensil
    #3 attacker...s3r4

It's just ball busting. I'm sure, no matter how he feels about your posts or gameplay, he cares very little about you or your feelings. Just as I'm assuming you dont care about mine or anyone elses really. You seem to be the only player here that cant take it in stride, which in my opinion, speaks to your silliness. So I say this as one of the first sincere thing I've posted, grow up.
    I'll be similarly and bluntly honest and although I'm not quoting beefy here this is similarly to him. And...yes, despite all the razzing on NOFX by the utensils side, I do agree with his posts I've read also on this s3 forum.

Your statements ring out with a common truth. You guys were bungholes with respect to leadership politics. It bit you in the ****. End of story really. 5-8 great, possibly even elite, accounts does not a winning meta make.
    s8r1 The_Goat R&F
    s3r3 rawhide First EGH #1 attacker, #3 raider Nemesis, we lost
    s2r4 peacemaker (sim account) Tcats, we lost
    s3r4 hazzard big bada boom GOB, we won
    s3r5 worthy cause (deleted) DOS
    s2r?? Deus ex machina, FEAR
    .com3 TWD "Blaming Ferris and Nominating Flowerpower for leadership"

Quote Originally Posted by Chumpanzie View Post
    I am totally going to keel you all when my awesome army arrives..

Tradesperson

That's it, if you don't care about my feelings then we are through. I thought we had something special
    Levi for the past two servers on us3
    In TRU on us1