Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: S3R4 Awards (another tl;dr)

Default S3R4 Awards (another tl;dr)

As the server has ended I thought it was time to nominate who you think deserves a special mention this round. Since it seems like noone else is going to, I guess I'll start. Note that this is only from my limited perspective, and is probably biased.

*Player Awards*

Best Offensive: Rastafari - Many to choose from. Deadcow for his havoc to the SE, Union Station on Utensils, Tempus on SW and later Nemesis/GOB. But, in my opinion, the award goes to Rastafari. Really had us on edge with the speed and those TT's. Took out a lot of our siege. Well done.

Best Defensive: Lanie - Always there to get wheat scouts out, organize deff, help people spend down, etc.

Best Raider: Deadcow - Nuff said.

Best Leader: Lanie - GOB leadership were amazing. That being said, I give my vote to Lanie for excellent communication with fellow alliance members.

Best Simmer: bill30097 - 44 villages

Best team-player: Frenchie - Took care of the garages of our biggest hammers. Also took a WW in the end, even though she didn't really have the time for it.

Best Noob: Woad - Second largest account on his first server.

Best overall: Deadcow - Attack/Defence/Raiding/Leader

*Moments*

Best Attack: Not really sure. Fill me in.

Best Defence: Defence at the Druid wonder in the end. 1.7 million (or 3.4 if you don't count the 1/2 wheat effect for the wonder) wheat burn on a server this size. Not bad.

Most Influential: machielsj attack on jellyfish that started the GOB/Nemesis vs Utensils war.

Funniest: Few throwing trash (like this: http://travian-reports.net/us/report/14653102f39) at us. Too easy to defend.

*Alliances*

Best Alliance: GOB

Worst Alliance: Ĝut

Artisan

Nice thought, even if it is heavily biased in GOB's favor.

Also, since I didn't even get honorable mention for best offense, I wish i had attacked you more.
    I'm a d!ck. Don't trust me.

s5r2 - Bsehlers
    s5r3 - Khaliekat

s1r4 - Harmacy - I try to leave, but i keep getting sucked back in

s3 - Greenskeeper

I wanna know what size southpark was when we chiefed it.

also, my vote for offensive player of the server isn't even someone who hit anything: coco.
    us5r2: Tiamat: #1 attacker, #1 hero. had a blast.
    us5r3: Jaali: 'i refuse to be victimized by notions of virtuous behavior' -calvin. Grats to Jarwa.
    us3r4: Tempus: Official s3 idiot. herpderp.
    s6r4: Janbos. first, last and only egh.
    s2r6: Persephone/Leif Ericson: The Funtards and divorce are a B****
    s2r7: ?

Quote Originally Posted by Eudaimonia View Post
    Birds fly, dogs bark, wookie smash. Such is life.

Quote Originally Posted by bsehlers View Post
    Nice thought, even if it is heavily biased in GOB's favor.

Also, since I didn't even get honorable mention for best offense, I wish i had attacked you more.
    Haha, next time then

Yes, I know it's a bit biased in favor of GOB. I'm sure players from other quads will have a different view on it.

From the SE side:

Best Offensive: kreed623 - Come late midgame, he was killing troops and stealing artifacts from GOB.

Best Defensive: Solena - Did not have a lot of defense, but did an excellent job coordinating.

Best Raider: PD alliance - Before they lost their hammers, they were getting into the top 5 alliance raiding.

Best Leader: Flowerpower - Couldn't have done it without her.

Best Simmer: Grease Monkey - 37 villages

Best team-player: Firemedic - A countless number of scoutings. I kinda want to go count.

Best Noob: No award here, they all played great.

Best overall: No award here...

Best Endgame Hammer: Legion

Best Endgame Rammer: Blizzard

As for the defense, we had about 3 million between the two wonders.
    Retired as of 10/13/14 after 7 and a half years of playing. Good luck to those who continue to play.
    us2; Round 6 - Adjudicator (Getter) (BACON) (Lost)
    us3; Round 2 - stevo (Getter) (QoD) (Lost)
    us3; Round 3 - stemem (Getter) (SI) (Won)
    us3; Round 4 - BliZZarD (Getter) (Delicious) (lost)
    us3; Round 5 - Ice Lillies (Getter) (DoS) (Semper DoS)
    us3; Round 7 - Revolt (Getter) (SI) (Won)
    us8; Round 1 - Heavenly Wrath (Getter) (TNT) (won)
    com3; Round ? - General Mills (Getter) (ReD DoS/TWD) (Lost)

Quote Originally Posted by Sarathello View Post
    Best Offensive: Rastafari - Many to choose from. Deadcow for his havoc to the SE, Union Station on Utensils, Tempus on SW and later Nemesis/GOB. But, in my opinion, the award goes to Rastafari. Really had us on edge with the speed and those TT's. Took out a lot of our siege. Well done.
    Still...imagine if Dietch had given me 3x like he promised!
    S3 R3 Tabs - Ĝutcasts
    S3 R4 Rastafari - Utensils
    S3 R5 Ndowd, 2 Evil 1z -PHN (not playing atm)
    S5 R3 Scarlet Panther - AC|DC
    S6 R4 Uselessium - THC

Quote Originally Posted by Yo_Vanilla_Ice View Post
    Burg...has FEELINGS???? what is s3 coming to!!!???
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHanded View Post
    Yeah, she doesn't show her TT's off to just anyone. She likes to engulf big hammers with those.

Burg, I hope you get that unique someday with a Gaul account. It really is alot of fun. Wish I had saved all our battle reports from us2. Add a scout arty to your account also, 3 times speed scouts makes for an interesting Ghost account.
    us8 Lanie - Lanie
    us3r3 - Horse
    us6r3 - Puzzle TR/RTA Puzzle Hammer
    us3r4 - GOB (another massive Gaul anvil) - Winners
    us6r4 - Satans Choice - THC http://travian-reports.net/us/report/1905565bba5
    us7r3 - Chuckles - Stooges http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2106816d1bd
    us2r6 - Bonzi - Tueton anvil, not recommended if you like to raid.

Was yardie not playing Rastafari anymore? Why is all the credit going to one dual??? Just curious...

Quote Originally Posted by Slippery View Post
    Was yardie not playing Rastafari anymore? Why is all the credit going to one dual??? Just curious...
    Who said it was? Just trolling? The first thing I did before I even posted was copy the link to yardies skype...
    S3 R3 Tabs - Ĝutcasts
    S6 R4 Uselessium - THC

Yeah, she doesn't show her TT's off to just anyone. She likes to engulf big hammers with those.

Ghost FTW. I just wish that the server was more populated. Would have far more attack points.
    us5r3: Hotskull
    us3r4:Rastafari
    us6r2:Bangbus
    us3r3:I dont even know anymore

So we are pretty much doing the, who i like from my alliance list?

Best Offensive: Wookie. Numbers dont lie.

Best Defensive: Solena - Right to Carry and ICE(biased: the reason you never touched my cap, god how i wish you had tried).

Best Raider: Burg. She drowned her children so they would take less time away from raiding. What do you know of commitment?

Best Leader: Jelly, obviously. chuckle

Best Simmer: Cheese. He chiefed stuff for absolutely no reason other than pop numbers. Shame on you sir!

Best team-player: Hard one. Many qualify. I'm going to give it to Shiv(meanredhead/tempus). Sleepless nights won this award.

Best Noob: Toss up between Ice and Rawhide. I'm going to give it to Ice. Easily one of the largest anvils in the game and I dont think he knew what an armory was before midgame.

Best overall: Coco....the only reason anything in GOB died.

Best Endgame Hammer: Laughter. His EGH had more D points than any other. Thats right. Defend with an EGH. Yes, we thought you were stupid.
    Forever a Utensil
    #3 attacker...s3r4
    #1 attacker...s6r4 (1.65 million attack points)(THC round won)
    best round i've played to date

Solena? Wasn't it established in a different thread that the SE and NW weren't a meta? Or were they?

My nominees from my alliance are everyone. They played well.
    Last edited by Verlanie; 12-08-2011 at 03:16 PM.
    us8 Lanie - Lanie
    us3r3 - Horse

Best Offensive: B/James for their hugely successful chiefings with that cranny arti...and the many laughs that ensued.

Best Defensive: 2 kill...saved our butt countless times! TY!

Best Raider: Um, for our alliance I would have to go with us on that one....conceited as it may be...

Best Leader: B and Doug for the countless hours you spent making our alliance great! Oh and for putting up with the drama!

Best Simmer: Hrm...cheese (HT as a close second )

Best team-player: Dawgs...ALWAYS around...even if skype driving.

Best Noob: DAYNAAAA!

Best overall: Tough one...I can't choose!

Brian/Dayna...again...gave us full access to their defense 24/7 even after we starved a ton of it accidentally! Sorry bout that again! Love you guys!

HT was instrumental in our success as a ghost. We could not have done much at all without him! (yards...we need moar scouts next time! )

Eric...Could almost have fed that ww by himself! And for not holding B against us and joining our team! Lord knows we needed a good influence around here!

Shiv/Deth...cause no matter how many times I asked the same math questions they answered without making fun...at least out loud.
    S3 R3 Tabs - Ĝutcasts
    S6 R4 Uselessium - THC

Quote Originally Posted by Sarathello View Post
    I don't mean to troll, but simply using TT's with a scout arty doesn't deserve the best offensive reward, IMO. (Unless you're Allah)

Any noob can do it, take me for example. It just requires lack of sleep/alarm clock, luck/a spy.

Quote Originally Posted by Verlanie View Post
    Burg, I hope you get that unique someday with a Gaul account. It really is alot of fun.
    It is not fun. Just sayin'.
    Hai, I'm Jarwa

Many achievements. 10+ year player.

Best achievements:
    #1 attacker - s5r3 Constellation
    #3 Attacker, builder of 3 EGH's, leader, and WW winner of s3r8 - Jarwa / TL;DR

Also, Union Station never hit utensils. He knew better. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Burgandy View Post
    Best Offensive: B/James for their hugely successful chiefings with that cranny arti...and the many laughs that ensued.
    Apparently I need to spread more rep. around before i can give you any. ;-)
    Forever a Utensil
    #3 attacker...s3r4

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    I don't mean to troll, but simply using TT's with a scout arty doesn't deserve the best offensive reward, IMO. (Unless you're Allah)

Any noob can do it, take me for example. It just requires lack of sleep/alarm clock, luck/a spy.
    We didn't have a spy arti...we had a speed...and a dual who never sleeps!

It is not fun. Just sayin'.
    Having a 3x speed with TT's isn't fun?
    S3 R3 Tabs - Ĝutcasts
    S6 R4 Uselessium - THC

*TT's with a speed arty.

And no it's not, especially when you do the majority of it solo
    Hai, I'm Jarwa

Best achievements:

Burg. kept us going when we needed laughter and a great attitude.

Eric

Just my opinion, but if you're giving an award for raiding, I'd go with Taothao i believe. I never really paid that much attention, but I'm pretty sure I saw him on the raiders boards pretty close to Deadcow more than a few times and he never had speed.

No offense to deadcow, they did an awesome job, but its expected for the holder of the 3x speed to be on the top raiders board and not all that much of an accomplishment in my book with such an advantage. To get close or higher than the 3x holder without speed is alot more work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erbal View Post
    I'm still new to actually presenting opinions to other people that require quality substance behind them.
    Quote Originally Posted by ConanHC View Post
    I havent enjoyed my last 24 hours on this forum, in big part because of you.

Quote Originally Posted by beefy View Post
    No offense to deadcow, they did an awesome job, but its expected for the holder of the 3x speed to be on the top raiders board and not all that much of an accomplishment in my book with such an advantage.
    ^^this.

Unique speed = Extremely OP. Thus why it was nerfed to a useless account wide 2x speed on T4.
    Hai, I'm Jarwa

Best achievements:

Artisan

Just my opinion, but if you're giving an award for raiding, I'd go with Taothao i believe. I never really paid that much attention, but I'm pretty sure I saw him on the raiders boards pretty close to Deadcow more than a few times and he never had speed.

No offense to deadcow, they did an awesome job, but its expected for the holder of the 3x speed to be on the top raiders board and not all that much of an accomplishment in my book with such an advantage. To get close or higher than the 3x holder without speed is alot more work.
    Taothao was a champ, agreed. But i gotta give it to Talons in this case. I can't think of a week where talons DIDN'T come into to the top 10 raiders...and as an anvil, that's pretty damned impressive.
    I'm a d!ck. Don't trust me.

s5r2 - Bsehlers
    s5r3 - Khaliekat

s1r4 - Harmacy - I try to leave, but i keep getting sucked back in

s3 - Greenskeeper

^^this.

Unique speed = Extremely OP. Thus why it was nerfed to a useless account wide 2x speed on T4.
    Sounds awesome for a large anvil. Then again, who wants to play one of those?
    Forever a Utensil
    #3 attacker...s3r4

Quote Originally Posted by MachielsJ View Post
    Sounds awesome for a large anvil. Then again, who wants to play one of those?
    I do!

And unfortunately, it is not used that way at all, or enough. Most people use it for a hammer... wasteful thinking. Just give them a small speed.
    Hai, I'm Jarwa

Best achievements:

GAWH! Everyone is so serious around here! Strategy this....bs that....the award for best team motivation definitetly goes to Burgandy and I. Holy cow, our constant engagement with the group on skype...and with fellow server players, like, whats that dude deadcows name?? Anyway...drunk skyping for the win!! Holla!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lev View Post
    .... can't you see that this thread is being de-"railed", harder than Dayna in a SPORK chat?
    Utensils have already won because WE have Dayna and Drunk Skyping night...webcams optional.
    s5: Littlegirldsl
    s3: Ltlgrl, 2 kill, Silverking

Quote Originally Posted by ltlgrl View Post
    GAWH! Everyone is so serious around here! Strategy this....bs that....the award for best team motivation definitetly goes to Burgandy and I. Holy cow, our constant engagement with the group on skype...and with fellow server players, like, whats that dude deadcows name?? Anyway...drunk skyping for the win!! Holla!
    Lets not forget the tit flash for wheat. Yep, our skype is better than yours.
    Forever a Utensil
    #3 attacker...s3r4

Definitely should have stayed on s3
    Hai, I'm Jarwa

Best achievements:

Oh...really? I had wheat coming out my fabulous hidden account, I didn't need to flash for anything except s*** and giggles. But *heart* you anyway!!
    .... can't you see that this thread is being de-"railed", harder than Dayna in a SPORK chat?
    Utensils have already won because WE have Dayna and Drunk Skyping night...webcams optional.

I vote for whoever was on the druid account as: best hero

I finally had several nights of full sleep. Thank you.

(until Syn woke me up and told me to get my butt ready for the championship server)
    s3r1 taothao AeM Top raider
    s3r2 taothao/Beansi Nemesis Top raider
    Only interested in LOLcat, all other cats will be neuter.

At last, someone give a reason for de-repping me
    Oh noez! Someone anonymously derepped me! You're a coward!! .... get a new line already. Dereps can be anonymous and no amount of complaining will change that. Have a nice day.
    Proof here-Thanks to Beansi-My AWESOME DUAL! Pre-arti servers
    started 3 months late on my 1st server ever

Quote Originally Posted by ltlgrl View Post
    Oh...really? I had wheat coming out my fabulous hidden account, I didn't need to flash for anything except s*** and giggles. But *heart* you anyway!!
    Way to ruin it! Still, we can hope, right?
    Forever a Utensil
    #3 attacker...s3r4

dayna!

Eric

Best use of the word dibs: Rastafari -- particularly Burg, but Yardie was competent at it as well. We had a skype room for when I found tasty treats in the south and some people... burg... would should DIBS then look at my reports and choose the ones they want.

Best playing of both sides: Union Station. Sat in our "tasty finds" room and enjoyed much success on the south from reports. [i.e., was actually willing to attack when I found something]. Was friends throughout the server and neutral through the NM war.

Best Wheat shipper: Okay, I really only saw stats for utensils. I shoved res like mad and was no where close to Eric. Not even within range. So glad he didn't get mad when we found his account and went.. ohhhhhhhhh, get it!

Best Midgame switch: Is it self-serving to put my account here? Yes, well, this is the travian forums so it seems appropriate. Anvil to midgame, tore down buildings left and right and became a scout hammer in about a day (a day and several hundred gold).

Best Flirt -- difficulty, that I witnessed. Early on no one held a candle to viv. Then Burg attacked... The crazy lady who led out for a while also was a strong contender. Possibly even Slippery. I think in the end though, the award goes to Dayna...

Quote Originally Posted by Haunted_Traveller View Post
    Best Flirt -- difficulty, that I witnessed. Early on no one held a candle to viv. Then Burg attacked... The crazy lady who led out for a while also was a strong contender. Possibly even Slippery. I think in the end though, the award goes to Dayna...

HOORAY! Thanks HT. I would like to thank everyone for their love and support, without which I couldn't have possibly won this award....

Best use of the word dibs: Rastafari -- particularly Burg, but Yardie was competent at it as well. We had a skype room for when I found tasty treats in the south and some people... burg... would should DIBS then look at my reports and choose the ones they want.
    HEY! I always shared...with yardie!

What is a would should?

Yay Dayna! Attagirl!
    S3 R3 Tabs - Ĝutcasts
    S6 R4 Uselessium - THC

Oh i have to second this. I was pretty much online for 18 hours a day and somehow before I'd even see it, there'd already be a dibs on anything good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erbal View Post
    I'm still new to actually presenting opinions to other people that require quality substance behind them.
    Quote Originally Posted by ConanHC View Post
    I havent enjoyed my last 24 hours on this forum, in big part because of you.

Oh i have to second this. I was pretty much online for 18 hours a day and somehow before I'd even see it, there'd already be a dibs on anything good.
    lol. oh come on! It wasn't that bad! Course most times a little birdy would tell me right before a scouting report would come out...
    S3 R3 Tabs - Ĝutcasts
    S6 R4 Uselessium - THC

We also had a room where scouting reports came in. The most memorable was this one http://travian-reports.net/us/report...7a,1409882a759. It told us the hammer was launched about 20 minutes before this scouting from the new troops built in the village and that's exactly when he showed up on the wonder. The hammer was launched around 4am. Then every time another ram or cat popped from the ques he faked it either at the wonder or one of the other villages, but by then we already knew where it was going. This is the one we scouted for four or five days every time he faked, we sent scouts. This would be why the mid quad wonder was stacked when he and SLK hit. There were a couple scoutings this server where wheat dropped in between 10 secs, still doable for calculating but just a pain in the butt to do. I love those spy arties.

There were a couple other players we did the same with while all the fakes were going on for days, but they never launched anything.
    us8 Lanie - Lanie
    us3r3 - Horse

Player awards?
    Hrm, I think I'll give my first gold medal star to my dual Kubla. I usually can not stand playing with duals, but he's one of the few duals that I can tolerate and meet a consensus with. Major thank you for taking the reins of our account when I had to leave.

My #2 would be Lanie of SBH account... She had my back plenty of times, when we were under attack and needed reins, we usually had to rely only on our troops so she saved our butts there. Also, thank you for sitting us when I had to disappear for a bit.

My #3 award would go to aiki for keeping constant pressure on the south and weed the D's smaller and less active players. He help keep me active and involved so that was fun

Most of the funny moments came from the south. I remember at one point they asked me to sit their accounts so I can build their warehouses and fields so we could raid them for more.

My #4 would go to stashman, he constantly had his scouts running and when he had to go on vacation his sitter fairy would run those scouts crazy. Props to you sir

My #5 would go to woad. I wish there was more offense and opportunities for you to ghost, everything was either too far away or heavily defended for it to work well. Great job on your first server.
    Last edited by RedHanded; 12-11-2011 at 11:55 AM.
    s2r3: Yut BREW http://www.travian-reports.net/us/report/39892018468
    s3r3: Aerworn Nemesis
    s6r3: Puzzle RTA https://picasaweb.google.com/1178092...57285728149474
    s3r4: Mako GOB
    s6r4: Karma THC - a female dominated alliance - http://travian-reports.net/us/report/189640907c6 work horse hammer

We also had a room where scouting reports came in. The most memorable was this one http://travian-reports.net/us/report...7a,1409882a759. It told us the hammer was launched about 20 minutes before this scouting from the new troops built in the village and that's exactly when he showed up on the wonder. The hammer was launched around 4am. Then every time another ram or cat popped from the ques he faked it either at the wonder or one of the other villages, but by then we already knew where it was going. This is the one we scouted for four or five days every time he faked, we sent scouts. This would be why the mid quad wonder was stacked when he and SLK hit. There were a couple scoutings this server where wheat dropped in between 10 secs, still doable for calculating but just a pain in the butt to do. I love those spy arties.

There were a couple other players we did the same with while all the fakes were going on for days, but they never launched anything.
    The calculations arn't that bad. We had a spreadsheet made up to make it easier. Made it kinda simple.
    Retired as of 10/13/14 after 7 and a half years of playing. Good luck to those who continue to play.
    us2; Round 6 - Adjudicator (Getter) (BACON) (Lost)
    us3; Round 2 - stevo (Getter) (QoD) (Lost)
    us3; Round 3 - stemem (Getter) (SI) (Won)
    us3; Round 4 - BliZZarD (Getter) (Delicious) (lost)
    us3; Round 5 - Ice Lillies (Getter) (DoS) (Semper DoS)
    us3; Round 7 - Revolt (Getter) (SI) (Won)
    us8; Round 1 - Heavenly Wrath (Getter) (TNT) (won)
    com3; Round ? - General Mills (Getter) (ReD DoS/TWD) (Lost)

Yeah so did we. It was just a bit trickier when wheat dropped in between the 10 sec scoutings. (first server I've had it happen and twice) Had to make sure no other resources dropped in also to get the size of merchants. Alot of times we didn't use the chart, if it was an even 10 sec scouting, multiplying by 360 was just easier.

This was what we used https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...REVyYXc#gid=13 Thank you Pyro
    Last edited by Verlanie; 12-12-2011 at 05:29 AM.
    us8 Lanie - Lanie
    us3r3 - Horse

This was what we used https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...REVyYXc#gid=13 Thank you Procrastinator
    We use this in KoN on s5 too. pyro
    Hai, I'm Jarwa

Best achievements: