Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 501

Thread: Derepping Complaints

  1. #1
    Philosopher ruby.red.roses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    in your head, stealing your smarties.
    Posts
    2,880

    Default Derepping Complaints

    Here. A nice spanking new thread for everyone who ever got derepped unfairly to post in. Go ahead, rant. A place for you to totally overreact about losing rep.

    I promise to never derep someone in this thread for posting in here, and hope that others will also have the common sense not to. It's the grump corner guys, people should be allowed to grump in it freely. As long as it's, you know, reasonable.

    Ready, set, rant!


    Moderator's note: If anyone thinks that a reputation comment they have received violates the forum rules, or received a duplicate reputation, or suspects they may have been the target of a coordinated repping or derepping, then please message one of the Grump Corner moderators.

    Also, if you have received multiple dereps on the same post at the same time with identical comments, it is the result of a vBulletin bug. Send Fighter1405 a PM to have it fixed.

    - Woden
    Last edited by Sleeping Bear; 10-18-2010 at 04:39 AM.

  2. #2

    Default

    Closed for cleanup; it might get reopened later.

    Edit: Have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sucaliaric View Post
    I locked the previous thread, and moved the starting post to a new thread. The previous thread was getting long, cumbersome, and off-topic.

    For those that want to see it, the old thread. Try not to continue the off-topic conversation from it.
    Last edited by Sucaliaric; 07-07-2009 at 08:51 PM.

    -Glambo

  3. #3
    Philosopher Belladonna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Among your myelinating glia-oligodendrocytes
    Posts
    4,295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sucaliaric View Post
    Closed for cleanup; it might get reopened later.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sucaliaric View Post
    I locked the previous thread, and moved the starting post to a new thread. The previous thread was getting long, cumbersome, and off-topic.

    ^What he said.

    This is the third thread and final thread. Please show us that you can be allowed to have nice things.
    Last edited by Belladonna; 02-12-2012 at 02:25 PM.

  4. #4
    Philosopher dooglash sontoosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Berkeley
    Posts
    7,572

    Default

    @Berra.

    Sometimes the most forbidden fruit are the most delicious, Adam and Eve, blah blah blah.

    Also, I got a derp for complaining about my derps.

    Wa wa wa, inception, mebs?

  5. #5

    Default

    Seems like Baron started to systematic derep me because my dual is bad in english.
    Bridge is like Sex: You need either a good partner or a good hand

  6. #6

    Default

    Seriously? The entire thread, gone? Wow...

    ...

    So guiz, I once got this derp moaning about how the forums changed to vB4. Somehow it was my fault. /rage

    ...

    In other news, I need to go shopping. I've run out of potato chips, cookies, cake, coke, and bread. Someone go to get my groceries pls?
    Last edited by Joshyyy; 02-12-2012 at 11:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurk View Post
    Josh: You're a Brit. You can't do anything rite.
    Quote Originally Posted by To Be Somebody View Post
    Reserved for my very negative, hate-filled, prejudiced opinion on what Joshyyy said.

  7. #7
    Bridge is like Sex: You need either a good partner or a good hand

  8. #8
    Philosopher Jacana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Solving Agatha Christie's problems.
    Posts
    11,514

    Default

    Silly Bella, every section needs a spam thread!

    But to be on topic, let's see what was my last de-rep...
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous Poster
    .
    ...

  9. #9
    Banned.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    20,773

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 3NT View Post
    Seems like Baron started to systematic derep me because my dual is bad in english.
    Which Baron?

    Also, your English seems poor as well. Just sayin'.

  10. #10

    Flossie Schmumpus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    I apparently exist
    Posts
    11,120

    Default

    So I think I am in love, got this derep:

    For highfalutin and superfluous babble.

    For this comment:

    http://forum.travian.us/showthread.p...ive-2)/page181

    Honestly, how can a gal resist...multisyllabic words!

    btw, did you know spell check here doesn't like multisyllabic? Says it is wrong.
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

    Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

  11. #11
    Philosopher Toucan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    **** Travian.
    Posts
    1,914

    Default

    Thread: Such a shame...

    Why don't you mind your own business? - K


    Honestly, if it's none of my business, then why'd you post a thread on a public forum, for anyone to comment on it. When doing so it becomes anyone's business?

  12. #12

    Default

    I got derep'd because I posted a lot of asterisks. Now I red

  13. #13
    Philosopher Vash103's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Here obviously...
    Posts
    3,997

    Default

    To the person who derped this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash103 View Post
    Stubborn? Oh god yes... She doesn't want to walk outside normal, always pulling on her line like a crazy... she does what she wants, she's very prissy. Chow's are actually known to be very loyal, and at times over protective of their masters. She is completely submissive to me, she never challenges me.


    Erbal, there is no way that the picture you posted can go un +repped... I must spread the love around first, but I assuer you it is in the mail.
    with "Why?"

    #1. I don't derp people just because they derped me, sign your rep.

    #2. You must be a fool... It's Erbal and his cat in a tin foil hat! Not only does that ryhme, it's pretty god damn awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Chak View Post
    By Gump's magical shoes, you've been around since 2007 - how is that possible?
    I know I'm what you're dreaming of. My name is Vash, man of love.

  14. #14
    Senator ECH0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,423

    Default

    Someone derepped for this post just because: http://forum.travian.us/showthread.p...#post2352424:(
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurtz View Post
    We learnt ... from [Kimmie]!
    Quote Originally Posted by FA Belladonna View Post
    Kurtz, the horse is dead, please stop beating it.

  15. #15
    Senator Mouse-Keyboard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The country with the world's longest official name
    Posts
    3,724

    Default

    I almost derped it.

  16. #16
    Philosopher Belladonna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Among your myelinating glia-oligodendrocytes
    Posts
    4,295

    Default

    I got derepped for asking how everyone's weekend was

  17. #17
    Philosopher Toucan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    **** Travian.
    Posts
    1,914

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Belladonna View Post
    I got derepped for asking how everyone's weekend was
    I could probably guess who that was...

  18. #18
    Creep-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    childhood :D
    Posts
    1,646

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toucan View Post
    I could probably guess who that was...
    So can I! The question is, will we get a cookie for guessing correctly?
    "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost."

  19. #19
    Banned.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    20,773

    Default

    Oooh! A cookie reward?! I'm in.

    My guess is Toucan.

  20. #20
    Philosopher Toucan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    **** Travian.
    Posts
    1,914

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    Oooh! A cookie reward?! I'm in.

    My guess is Toucan.
    AWW MAN, I GUESS You don't get a cookie!! NICE TRY THOUGH! =)

  21. #21
    Banned.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    20,773

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toucan View Post
    AWW MAN, I GUESS You don't get a cookie!! NICE TRY THOUGH! =)
    Yes, I do. I get one because you are wrong.

    Every time you are wrong, the forum members get a cookie. You're wreaking havoc on hundreds of diets.

  22. #22
    Philosopher Toucan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    **** Travian.
    Posts
    1,914

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    Yes, I do. I get one because you are wrong.

    Every time you are wrong, the forum members get a cookie. You're wreaking havoc on hundreds of diets.
    How am I wrong? Stop derailing the thread bro...

  23. #23
    Philosopher Principal Brian Lewis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Langley Falls
    Posts
    7,728

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toucan View Post
    How am I wrong? Stop derailing the thread bro...
    Pretty sure the person who was going to guess who was derping people is the one who derailed it, should we take a look back and see who that was?

  24. #24
    Philosopher Belladonna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Among your myelinating glia-oligodendrocytes
    Posts
    4,295

    Default

    Enough. Seriously, enough.

  25. #25

    Default

    Latest Reputation Received (-172 point(s) total)

    It's sad because SB on S1R5 is mad because I'm Azrael35 and that I support madsquirrels. It's PMS vs SB and although SB is derepping all PMS members so that they can't derep back, it pretty much means that PMS is auto-blocked from having a fair say. Sadly, this does not help them in game, as they are losing.

    Some examples of my d-reps:
    "less sucking up please -FP"
    "You're a moron. - K"
    "go **** yourself"
    "..."
    This one is interesting. I proved a valid point about SBs' demise through song and this is what I get. "Come get us you wimp. - K" MAD because they're going to lose so they have to derep me.
    "Wall of FAIL by yet another PMS Suck up"

    tl;dr I will never be able to rep. Although my posting habits aren't superb, the majority of de-reps are because I'm in PMS and SB wants to make sure that they look like the "elite" in the public, when in reality they fail every OP in s1r5.

    --Anonymous Mom Lover of PMS

  26. #26
    Philosopher MokMonster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    home
    Posts
    7,928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by planesrule View Post
    tl;dr I will never be able to rep. Although my posting habits aren't superb, the majority of de-reps are because I'm in PMS and SB wants to make sure that they look like the "elite" in the public, when in reality they fail every OP in s1r5.
    No, I don't think that's it.
    I often get +rep from the enemy alliance members (as well as the "neutral" alliances) when posting in the embassies.
    It (usually) isn't about what side you're on, but on how you present yourself and your arguments.
    I don't read the embassies where you are posting your walls of fail, but from my experience in the various embassies around here, a good post will gain you rep and a bad post will lose it. I would suggest you take a further look at what you are posting and how you are posting it. There may be hope for you yet.
    MokMonster does not support, condone or agree with anything written in this post.
    Any suggestions to the contrary are purely unintentional.
    (Unless you agreed with it -- then I totally said it)

  27. #27
    Senator Cisalpine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Sunshine state
    Posts
    3,483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by planesrule View Post
    Latest Reputation Received (-172 point(s) total)

    It's sad because SB on S1R5 is mad because I'm Azrael35 and that I support madsquirrels. It's PMS vs SB and although SB is derepping all PMS members so that they can't derep back, it pretty much means that PMS is auto-blocked from having a fair say. Sadly, this does not help them in game, as they are losing.

    Some examples of my d-reps:
    "less sucking up please -FP"
    "You're a moron. - K"
    "go **** yourself"
    "..."
    This one is interesting. I proved a valid point about SBs' demise through song and this is what I get. "Come get us you wimp. - K" MAD because they're going to lose so they have to derep me.
    "Wall of FAIL by yet another PMS Suck up"

    tl;dr I will never be able to rep. Although my posting habits aren't superb, the majority of de-reps are because I'm in PMS and SB wants to make sure that they look like the "elite" in the public, when in reality they fail every OP in s1r5.

    --Anonymous Mom Lover of PMS
    Seriously? If that were the case, then explain why madsquirrels, alienjake and lord of all are all in the green? You, brianlovesjezebels, and local6666 are all in the double reds. Luissss is green. Are you really trying to pass off your total fail on HB? You need to leave la-la-land and get with reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by MokMonster View Post
    No, I don't think that's it.
    I often get +rep from the enemy alliance members (as well as the "neutral" alliances) when posting in the embassies.
    It (usually) isn't about what side you're on, but on how you present yourself and your arguments.
    I don't read the embassies where you are posting your walls of fail, but from my experience in the various embassies around here, a good post will gain you rep and a bad post will lose it. I would suggest you take a further look at what you are posting and how you are posting it. There may be hope for you yet.
    ^^ This. I doubt there is any hope for him as long as he keeps passing his fail off as someone else's. First step of recovery is acknowledgement.

  28. #28

    Default

    I got -rep for the post where madsquirrels and I went to the beach to demonstrate the future of the Pms and Trp ww. You have to admit that's amazing that we went to that level of lulz, yet only got -rep? SB an TRP got owned from that post, but they can't admit it.

    They can't admit that we seriously did that and it was awesome. Nobody would go to the beach and make a video of a sandcastle TRP Ww getting destroyed. No im not asking for rep but im showing how broken the system is. It just makes sb mad in forums just like in game since they're losing so bad it is embarassing

    --Anonymous Mom Lover of PMS
    Last edited by Old MacDonald; 02-29-2012 at 08:01 PM.

  29. #29
    Philosopher MokMonster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    home
    Posts
    7,928

    Default

    Wait... you actually went to the beach and made a video of you kicking down a sand WW and then posted it?

    Can haz link? (I think I have 1 more derp I can give out today)
    B/c that post totally deserves a little "love"


    ...I think I'm seeing where your red is coming from
    MokMonster does not support, condone or agree with anything written in this post.
    Any suggestions to the contrary are purely unintentional.
    (Unless you agreed with it -- then I totally said it)

  30. #30
    Senator ECH0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,423

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by planesrule View Post
    I got -rep for the post where madsquirrels and I went to the beach to demonstrate the future of the Pms and Trp ww. You have to admit that's amazing that we went to that level of lulz, yet only got -rep? SB an TRP got owned from that post, but they can't admit it.

    They can't admit that we seriously did that and it was awesome. Nobody would go to the beach and make a video of a sandcastle TRP Ww getting destroyed. No im not asking for rep but im showing how broken the system is. It just makes sb mad in forums just like in game since they're losing so bad it is embarassing

    --Anonymous Mom Lover of PMS
    I saw the sandcastle thing and I have to say it was pretty funny. I'd rep you if I could for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurtz View Post
    We learnt ... from [Kimmie]!
    Quote Originally Posted by FA Belladonna View Post
    Kurtz, the horse is dead, please stop beating it.

  31. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MokMonster View Post
    Wait... you actually went to the beach and made a video of you kicking down a sand WW and then posted it?

    Can haz link? (I think I have 1 more derp I can give out today)
    B/c that post totally deserves a little "love"

    ...I think I'm seeing where your red is coming from
    http://forum.travian.us/showthread.p...s-Time-Machine!!!

    Don't hate. Appreciate!

    For clarification, in no way was I trying to disrespect the mod decisions or argue against it. I clearly broke the forum rules and accept responsibility. However, it is fair to say that a lot of veteran players (including mods/staff) are pro-natar, so I hope you can see where my paranoia comes from. This is not a complaint, but a meare observation of mine. I'm not complaining it, but I am expressing my thoughts towards the subject.

    Sorry for any misunderstandings.

    --Anonymous Mom Lover of PMS

  32. #32
    Philosopher Vash103's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Here obviously...
    Posts
    3,997

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MokMonster View Post
    No, I don't think that's it.
    I often get +rep from the enemy alliance members (as well as the "neutral" alliances) when posting in the embassies.
    It (usually) isn't about what side you're on, but on how you present yourself and your arguments.
    I don't read the embassies where you are posting your walls of fail, but from my experience in the various embassies around here, a good post will gain you rep and a bad post will lose it. I would suggest you take a further look at what you are posting and how you are posting it. There may be hope for you yet.
    I think it more so involves the maturity level of the alliance as well. I've had some take my banter in stride and others whine like school children. Though one should remember, Rep does not govern who is right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Chak View Post
    By Gump's magical shoes, you've been around since 2007 - how is that possible?
    I know I'm what you're dreaming of. My name is Vash, man of love.

  33. #33
    Senator Cisalpine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Sunshine state
    Posts
    3,483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by planesrule View Post
    I got -rep for the post where madsquirrels and I went to the beach to demonstrate the future of the Pms and Trp ww. You have to admit that's amazing that we went to that level of lulz, yet only got -rep? SB an TRP got owned from that post, but they can't admit it.

    They can't admit that we seriously did that and it was awesome. Nobody would go to the beach and make a video of a sandcastle TRP Ww getting destroyed. No im not asking for rep but im showing how broken the system is. It just makes sb mad in forums just like in game since they're losing so bad it is embarassing

    --Anonymous Mom Lover of PMS
    I +rep'd MS for that post. (in fact, it gave him his second green bar) It was a great post. My question to you would be which one of your comments were derp'd? If I had to guess, it would be one of the ones where you used the "d" word. As I said before, other PMS posters are green. It's only a handful of you guys that are red, and I'm sorry as I can be, but it's totally your own fault. I'm sure you have some that are simply out of spite, but no way you can get that far below without earning it.

  34. #34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vash103 View Post
    Though one should remember, Rep does not govern who is right.
    Well said.

    My question to you would be which one of your comments were derp'd?
    Some from the d word, some from the video. Really it is any of my posts. SB is easy to troll and their private derepping is their way to express how mad they are at my post, but publicly they come up with some kind of spin or don't even respond to it.

    I don't blame SB since they have a right to be mad. Once I started on the forums, my explainations were valid, yet SB put up brick walls and regardless of saying "H&K did well in that Operation, but PMS had a higher success" they would just say something like "your mom." It was ever since then that I vowed to
    take my banter in stride and others whine like school children
    and from that day onwards, I threw up brick walls at SB by making sure that any valid response that I agree with, I will always mention their failed OPs, the real owner of Azrael35, and the d word. I truly admire their posts, but I noticed that their nonsense decreased since I started doing this and I would rather be the one with "that title" if it means shutting them down in forums and bringing real discussions back.

    If you have noticed, the pro-natar members are actually posting decent stuff now in the US1 embassy and both sides can display valid points. I think it's for the better. I can actually read the forums now without losing brain cells. I'm that teacher that nobody likes, but my students succeed the most compared to others (and Kurtz knows about my thing for those scenarios).

    --Anonymous Mom Lover of PMS
    Last edited by planesrule; 03-01-2012 at 08:30 PM.

  35. #35
    Philosopher LuckyGurrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Somewhere between good and evil
    Posts
    1,688

    Default

    Do you not understand... The Embassy Forums are a game. What you seem to want is a newspaper with plain, hard facts but the reality is that what you have is a tabloid with gossip, innuendo, and rumor. This should give you a clue about posting... It is not WHAT you say but HOW you say it.

    I understand your desire to support your propagandist and discredit the opposition but you have to do it the socially acceptable way for that particular forum. In this particular instance, you need to post with flare, finesse and outrageousness without appearing to be a clone of your propagandist (he already has that locked down nicely). Work out your own style. The blunt so-and-so is lying makes a poster sound childish and angry. If someone posts in anger in an embassy forum, they are lost and become troll fodder. I know this because I learned it the hard way... I did it once upon a time a long, LONG time ago. LOL
    or
    It's the luck of the draw.

  36. #36
    Consul Kurtz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The land of the ice and snow
    Posts
    24,821

    Default



    That is all.

  37. #37
    Banned.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    USA, of course!
    Posts
    58

    Default

    I got derepped for saying I hated the Confederacy.

  38. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Probability Indigo View Post
    Do you not understand... The Embassy Forums are a game. What you seem to want is a newspaper with plain, hard facts but the reality is that what you have is a tabloid with gossip, innuendo, and rumor. This should give you a clue about posting... It is not WHAT you say but HOW you say it.

    I understand your desire to support your propagandist and discredit the opposition but you have to do it the socially acceptable way for that particular forum. In this particular instance, you need to post with flare, finesse and outrageousness without appearing to be a clone of your propagandist (he already has that locked down nicely). Work out your own style. The blunt so-and-so is lying makes a poster sound childish and angry. If someone posts in anger in an embassy forum, they are lost and become troll fodder. I know this because I learned it the hard way... I did it once upon a time a long, LONG time ago. LOL
    I agree with you 100%. I like the hard facts and I think you can agree with me that the embassy was so much better since I did the unoriginal trolling while H&K provided facts for me (so I got what I wanted). I like the hard facts and the forums are hard to read with all of the jokes in the middle of it. I guess I'll have to get used to it.

    Also, you can tell that I don't have the "flare, finesse and outrageousness" as of now in no way. I think I'll just avoid it for now. Good info to note, thanks a lot.

    I did it once upon a time a long, LONG time ago. LOL
    I guess it comes with experience hehe.

  39. #39
    Consul Kurtz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The land of the ice and snow
    Posts
    24,821

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by planesrule View Post
    I agree with you 100%. I like the hard facts and I think you can agree with me that the embassy was so much better since I did the unoriginal trolling while H&K provided facts for me (so I got what I wanted).
    No. I completely disagree with you. Stop trying to take credit for something that isn't true.

  40. #40
    Philosopher LuckyGurrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Somewhere between good and evil
    Posts
    1,688

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by planesrule View Post
    I agree with you 100%. I like the hard facts and I think you can agree with me that the embassy was so much better since I did the unoriginal trolling while H&K provided facts for me (so I got what I wanted). I like the hard facts and the forums are hard to read with all of the jokes in the middle of it. I guess I'll have to get used to it.

    Also, you can tell that I don't have the "flare, finesse and outrageousness" as of now in no way. I think I'll just avoid it for now. Good info to note, thanks a lot.



    I guess it comes with experience hehe.
    You are still missing the point. The Embassy forums are full of propaganda. They just simply can't be any other way. Propaganda is the taking of facts and manipulating them to suit your agenda and by doing so, win people to "your" side. Lurking and reading is a good way to get feel for what the norm is as far as the flare, finesse and outrageousness goes.
    or
    It's the luck of the draw.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •