Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alliance Analysis 1 (5/10/2012)

Default Alliance Analysis 1 (5/10/2012)

For those of you unfamiliar with how I do these, here's your basic breakdown:

I take your number of players, add them together(if multiple wings). I then take your average population, divide it by the # of wings and that becomes your "average player pop." Yes, that is an average of an average so it is not exact science, but does give a nice estimation of what your average size player is. I use these two numbers to give you a "sim" score. Why is a sim score important? Well, the more resources you have, generally, the larger armies you can produce. It also, when combined with the other stats, can give a good estimation of if you have come up with little resistance and gained your quad through diplomacy, or if you gained your quad through bloodshed with lots of war!
    I also take your alliances total ATK and DEF points and combine when you have multiple wings. I also take an average if you have multiple wings to be able to stack your wing up vs a 1 winged alliance(I am too nice sometimes!).

From here it becomes subjective based on heresay, attacks I've seen, etc. So, I'll start with the least contested quad, and what I would consider the best overall alliance thus far, Angels in the SW.

Southwest Angels and D-Angels

1. 58 players per wing, for a total of 116.
    2. 3199+2593=5792 / 2 = 2896 average pop per player per wing(again, I stress that this is an average of an average, it is not exact science).
    3. Attack points: 541365, or 270682 per wing
    4. Def Points: 18910 or 9455 per wing
    5. Looking at the stats, this group came here with a mission and looks to have accomplished it with little threat to themselves(D points). They do have a ton of ATK points, some have argued that's on animals, but either way they have a TON of ATK points, but they also boast one of the highest average pops and # of players, so they should be able to replenish those troops in short order. We'll see if they are able to recoup and plan well enough for arti's to see if these folks really are the alliance to beat.

Southeast Nemesis1 and Nemesis 2

1. 53+39=92 total, or 46 per wing
    2. 1893 + 1870= 3763/2 = 1881 avg pop per player per wing
    3. Attack points: 169623, or 84811 per wing
    4. Def Points: 46161 or 23080 per wing
    5. Same old Nemesis, new server. Nemesis always is a relatively small select group of elite players and these stats show just that. They have a relatively small group of resistance in their quad, but other than that they've locked the quad up. They are a smaller per player(Average) than Angels, but def. have a similar bite. Their resume speaks for itself on s3, so, like ANGELS, we'll see how prepared they can be come arti time! PS- I like pies.

Northeast DOS and *DOS* vs Unend and RT

1. DOS= 80 total, or 40 per wing. U/R= 78 total, or 39 per wing. Talk about close haha :P
    2. D= 4768 /2 =2384 avg pop per player per wing. U/R= 3734 /2 = 1867 avg pop per player per wing
    3. D ATK pts= 167889 total, 83944 per wing. U/R = 112068 total, or 56034 per wing.
    4. D DEF pts= 41642 total, 20821 per wing. U/R = 25245 total or 12622 per wing.
    5. Judging purely from #s, I'd say DOS has a slight edge here. They have 1 more player, a 500(a village basically) avg pop per player advantage, and seem to have an edge in the lack of troops lost(Lower ATK # bc of troops not hitting Defense, lower defense #s bc U/R is throwing smaller hammers because they are smaller in size). That's one way to look at it, of course the other side is that U/R is hitting offense with their attacks, hence their huge ATK #, and that both are not defending heavily. Only time will tell who wins, unless they choose diplomacy.

Now, the confusing one....
    Northwest NWO vs PHN vs ASA
    According to my sources, NWO has taken a step back in their "official" confed with ASA, but apparently...for the moment...all 3 of these alliances have NAPs...with almost 0 diplomacy actually going on. My guess, something is going to break here and then we'll get to see fireworks in the BR thread!

1. NWO= 70 total, 35 per wing. PHN= 31 total. ASA = 67 total, 33.5 per wing.
    2. NWO= 2775 total average, 1387 avg pop per player per wing. PHN= 1884 avg pop per player per wing. ASA= 2732 total, 1366 avg pop per player per wing.
    3. NWO ATK pts= 107747 total,53873 per wing. PHN= 66442. ASA= 51923 total, 25961 per wing.
    4. NWO DEF pts= 19405 total, 9702 per wing. PHN= 26045. ASA= 51155 total, 25577 per wing.
    5. What a mess. NWO appears to be the lead dog here based on size and points. Size is a hard way to measure this because of the avg pop per player of PHN. So, here's how I see them. NWO is the lead dog, it has the ATK/DEF points, # of players and avg size to back it up(doesn't look like they get attacked much, which also means nobody really wants to mess with them). #2 gets sticky bc PHN appears to be a small group of elite players(high avg pop, low D #s, High ATK #s, small # of players), and ASA appears to be a bit less lean(smallest ATK and DEF #s of the 3 alliances, but their size means they can rebuild those #s faster than PHN overall). So, I see ASA as the #3 and being a bit "Fatter" than the other two alliances. Overall, as I said before, something is going to give here. As soon as one alliance moves against another, the third one should be able to take control...OR Will we see all 3 work it out through diplomacy? They better get their ducks in a row bc arti's will be here and the alliance(s) left unprepared will fall by the wayside.

Other smaller alliances worth noting:
    Centerish
    STARS (SE)
    16 players
    ATK pts 3038
    DEF pts 7791
    Avg pop 920

TGA (NE-NW...kind of central)

55 players, 27 per wing
    ATK 6641.5 avg
    DEF 12048.5 avg
    Avg pop 561

TKA (NE)
    20 players
    ATK 2765
    DEF 1807
    AVG POP 636

I don't see either of these alliance really making a difference, but it is worth nothing that STARS and TGA have diplomacy, which kind of makes them a "center" alliance. If these alliances grab a good arti, they will become a target for merge or demolish...should be interesting to see how that works!

IF you see nay errors or think I made any mistake or are misinformed, feel free to PM me and we can talk about it Hope you all enjoyed! If anyone is good with maps and graphs I'd love to include those on the next analysis so pm me
    ~Oppo
    Various .comx's with PFF and Dacia
    s1r2- PBnJ- Edge
    s2r2- dseay(for end game)- BAMerang
    s3r1- Oppo - Unity s3r2- Cross32 - UEF
    s3r3- TORTure -ØUTSIDEs3r5- 2 Evil 1z-PHN
    s6 Who_I_Be - Dark
    s5r4- KTB - VLR s5r5(I think?)- Icky- IMT
    Current
    com3- Oppo Jr- TWD

well done - good analysis
    Last edited by Traumtänzer; 05-10-2012 at 07:34 PM.
    » uk3 tobes EGH Round 2 uk3 sebot EGH Round 4 us3 Darth Raider Round 5 «

nice analysis, but still, its not a real showing players skillz and other things

Quote Originally Posted by Augustazz View Post
    nice analysis, but still, its not a real showing players skillz and other things
    If you have an idea of how to do that I'd love to expand my next analysis
    s1r2- PBnJ- Edge
    s6 Who_I_Be - Dark
    Current
    com3- Oppo Jr- TWD

Thanks for your efforts, appreciated.

Villager

Please could you make use of the "return" key. There are a couple of huge blocks of text. And you sometimes have 2 different alliances on one line. It makes it very hard to read.

just a couple of points: with an attack of 5k troops or more the attacks on animals lose few troops thus the cost of replacement is minimal. Combine that with the benefit of plus factors on heroes leading armies for the arti's then angels are going to lose far less troops than any other alliance.
    #2 the advantage of high pop means that supply villages can provide the resources for troops whilst the developed capital wheat per hour continues to build up the fields. Comparative advantage. Angels will do both. others may not.
    #3 angels dominate the top 100 pop and top 100 attackers. after all the others have used their troops to conquer some the arts angels will have armies to spare. not blowing smoke just looking at the stats.
    nevertheless nice analysis thanks for taking the time to do it.

Villager

hmm
    would not att/player and alliance be more relevant than att per wing

cf Attack points: 541365, or 270682 per wing
    im sort of thinking to compare aliances you have to combine wings to get a total and then the per player gives a flavour of the activity

and it kinda works better with a table to compare alliances and the commentary separate

ok so i shouldnt criticise i should just do it the way i think is best
    i know
    but im idle

Villager

northwest is the tricky one
    get that presented clearly and the rest is easy

Nice job, Oppo...now answer me on skype.
    S3 R3 Tabs - Øutcasts
    S3 R4 Rastafari - Utensils
    S3 R5 Ndowd, 2 Evil 1z -PHN (not playing atm)
    S5 R3 Scarlet Panther - AC|DC
    S6 R4 Uselessium - THC

Quote Originally Posted by Yo_Vanilla_Ice View Post
    Burg...has FEELINGS???? what is s3 coming to!!!???
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHanded View Post
    Yeah, she doesn't show her TT's off to just anyone. She likes to engulf big hammers with those.

Great job Oppo!
    I love how the Angels are whining because you gave Nem props. Bigger is not always better.
    http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...39am_18fec.jpg

s1r4: Basement Dog, TRU
    s1r3: AngelicRampage, oNE-RA
    s3r2: Elfkin/Strait Scuba, QOD
    s3r3: Omamba, Nemesis
    s3r4: Insomnia, Nemesis
    s3r5 Cookie Monster, Nemesis

No, you Nemesis have proved that on many occasions now. Gotten the better of most of the skirmishes so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Elfkin View Post
    Great job Oppo!
    I love how the Angels are whining because you gave Nem props. Bigger is not always better.
    I have read back and I might have missed it, but I can't see where we have been whining about Nemesis on this thread. Please enlighten me.

Good job Oppo. Thanks for taking the time to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldheart View Post
    just a couple of points: with an attack of 5k troops or more the attacks on animals lose few troops thus the cost of replacement is minimal. Combine that with the benefit of plus factors on heroes leading armies for the arti's then angels are going to lose far less troops than any other alliance.
    #2 the advantage of high pop means that supply villages can provide the resources for troops whilst the developed capital wheat per hour continues to build up the fields. Comparative advantage. Angels will do both. others may not.
    #3 angels dominate the top 100 pop and top 100 attackers. after all the others have used their troops to conquer some the arts angels will have armies to spare. not blowing smoke just looking at the stats.
    nevertheless nice analysis thanks for taking the time to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus. View Post
    I have read back and I might have missed it, but I can't see where we have been whining about Nemesis on this thread. Please enlighten me.

Good job Oppo. Thanks for taking the time to do it.
    Perhaps whining was not the correct word. Cocky maybe.

I think he is simply offering his opinion on some of the comments of the stats.

Nice stats...appreciate it. Hmmmm...now that I suffered through econometrics and can work complicated regressions...interesting to run some of that raw data and produce regression estimates. Figure out an interesting dependent variable and some possible explanatory variables and then run them on STATA. Wait....school is over for the summer...forget I said any of that!

Eric

@ Alba: I actually started out with all of the alliances separated, but I felt as though it made it a shorter read going by quad and combining alliances to single lines. I actually thought about doing them in diff fonts....but decided that would take too long :P Next analysis will probably see some of the quads with multiple alliances becoming single larger entities and it will be much easier to display then. One of those things if I had "used the return key" I'd have folks arguing about it being too much of a text wall and too long(bc it would have "appeared" longer). Can't win there hehe :P

@Coldheart: The points you made were not exactly being argued in the analysis...so I'm sort of confused. If you'll re-read I did say that I thought angels was the best alliance, and even alluded to points you tried to make. Not exactly sure what you're trying to even say, so I'm going to chalk it up to a misunderstanding and that you are a very devout defender of ANGELS.

@Rue: If I took it that deep, I would probably have to begin pulling the SQL dump and writing code for the numbers I displayed...I don't have the time for that, nor the expertise to write code from scratch(although I am getting better at being able to read it and find mistakes!). I do agree that creating a table, and using actual player #s to derive my math would be more precise. However, I've taken the time to do one by player(by hand, meh) and the #s/analysis was not that far off from if I had used the above method. If you're good with SQL Server dumps, I'm all for working with you on the next one and taking this a step further

@burg- Sorry I took a few day hiatus :P Plus I use the imo client for skype, so sometimes if I'm offline a message won't get sent to me for weeks, or sometime never lol. Might be easier to get me here :P Hope all is well, the forum misses you!!! But...maybe that's just me ;P

@Elfkin- I don't think anyone was really whining, but Angels seems to have a very devout group of followers on the forum. Props to leadership for creating that "cult'ish" mentality, bc it will help them to retain players during the slow times of the server. However, it also means that they will be reading everything with a biased and slanted view, which will then cause us to get defensive, and then the forum REALLY gets fun :P Hope all is well!!!

@Magnus- You seem to run a nice clean shop over there, good work! Now, don't come knocking on my door :P

@Eric- Just the person I was looking for.... School may be over...but the forum isn't!!! Any interest in taking raw data and creating a different analysis in a few weeks/months? I'd love to do one for arti's with server data and maps/graphs, but doing it alone is not feasible for me.
    s1r2- PBnJ- Edge
    s6 Who_I_Be - Dark
    Current
    com3- Oppo Jr- TWD

Quote Originally Posted by Oppo! View Post
    Angels seems to have a very devout group of followers on the forum. Props to leadership for creating that "cult'ish" mentality, bc it will help them to retain players during the slow times of the server. However, it also means that they will be reading everything with a biased and slanted view, which will then cause us to get defensive, and then the forum REALLY gets fun :P Hope all is well!!!
    That's probably because our main rivals in our last round were very cocky on the forums and he we had to learn how to shut them up. I guess that forum mentality has carried over a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Coontang View Post
    That's probably because our main rivals in our last round were very cocky on the forums and he we had to learn how to shut them up. I guess that forum mentality has carried over a bit.
    While I can see where you're getting at here, I don't see how becoming cocky shuts another cocky person up...and cocky is the general consensus of your forum personas as a whole. Doesn't mean you don't have intelligent and fair posters, but as a whole, the rest of the server considers you guys the cocky ones. And quite frankly, you are in a position to be cocky, you're the #1 alliance in almost EVERY regard thus far.

Again, not arguing with why you guys are such vehement defenders of your alliance. So long as it's intelligent, I'm all for it and think it's great! Simply stating that sometimes a forum personality or persona can impact an alliance in game. Shutting an alliance up comes through game play, not employing a "cocky" attitude ....at least in my experience Oh, and forum spinning, if done correctly, can be a real gem here too :P
    Last edited by Oppo!; 05-11-2012 at 05:30 PM.
    s1r2- PBnJ- Edge
    s6 Who_I_Be - Dark
    Current
    com3- Oppo Jr- TWD

A quote about glass houses comes to mind here.
    Goes to see that man about toughened glass :P

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus. View Post
    Goes to see that man about toughened glass :P
    hehe, double paned! OR triple!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOLbyS4yU08
    s1r2- PBnJ- Edge
    s6 Who_I_Be - Dark
    Current
    com3- Oppo Jr- TWD

Hug me! You know you want to!

I would but I can't find the right smiley

Oppo...igm me at edejkeller

Eric

Oppo you are my hero!!

Sorry you always skype me when I am sleeping!! You know you are 3 hours ahead of me right????? Love you long time

Pie??
    http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a...ilAlice3-1.jpg
    Sytherous s1r2 Wrote: Everyone is just scared of Synomin Pie atm, and with good reason.
    Euripides(aka Baron) s3r2 wrote: You are as pleasant as your reputation.

Current: s3r5 Alic3NWondRLand : s7r3 Rabid
    Previous : S3R4: USAF_RN *Winners*, S3R2: Kunark(Endgame Coordinator) *Winners*Nemesis
    S1R2: Synomin/Sinn Edge

Quote Originally Posted by Synomin View Post
    Oppo you are my hero!!

Sorry you always skype me when I am sleeping!! You know you are 3 hours ahead of me right????? Love you long time

Pie??
    <3 YOU TOO!!!
    Yes I know you're way over with the hippies :P I figure we'll catch up at some point haha...one of these days you're bound to either have to pull an all nighter and I'll see you, or you'll have a morning off and I'll be around in the afternoon haha :P

YES PIE PLZ!!!!!

PS - I moved accounts, Ill igm you.
    s1r2- PBnJ- Edge
    s6 Who_I_Be - Dark
    Current
    com3- Oppo Jr- TWD

<3 YOU TOO!!!
    Yes I know you're way over with the hippies :P I figure we'll catch up at some point haha...one of these days you're bound to either have to pull an all nighter and I'll see you, or you'll have a morning off and I'll be around in the afternoon haha :P

YES PIE PLZ!!!!!

PS - I moved accounts, Ill igm you.
    Oh I like it when you whisper sweet nothings to me.
    Sytherous s1r2 Wrote: Everyone is just scared of Synomin Pie atm, and with good reason.

Previous : S3R4: USAF_RN *Winners*, S3R2: Kunark(Endgame Coordinator) *Winners*Nemesis

Syn, are you flashing people in order to get information again?
    s3r1 taothao AeM Top raider
    s3r2 taothao/Beansi Nemesis Top raider
    Only interested in LOLcat, all other cats will be neuter.

At last, someone give a reason for de-repping me
    Oh noez! Someone anonymously derepped me! You're a coward!! .... get a new line already. Dereps can be anonymous and no amount of complaining will change that. Have a nice day.
    Proof here-Thanks to Beansi-My AWESOME DUAL! Pre-arti servers
    started 3 months late on my 1st server ever

Quote Originally Posted by taothao View Post
    Syn, are you flashing people in order to get information again?
    Wow I have not been accused of that in a loooooonnnnggggg time!!! I may push the envelope but that has nothing to do with information

You know me Tao, if I want information I just go get it

Quote Originally Posted by eric View Post
    Oppo...igm me at edejkeller
    ERIC!!! How you doin?
    S3 R3 Tabs - Øutcasts
    S6 R4 Uselessium - THC

Yeah, she doesn't show her TT's off to just anyone. She likes to engulf big hammers with those.

Still need a bit of practice I'd say. You guys couldn't deal with me giving you a bit of attention for a couple days.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Erbal View Post
    I'm still new to actually presenting opinions to other people that require quality substance behind them.
    Quote Originally Posted by ConanHC View Post
    I havent enjoyed my last 24 hours on this forum, in big part because of you.

Quote Originally Posted by beefy View Post
    Still need a bit of practice I'd say. You guys couldn't deal with me giving you a bit of attention for a couple days.....
    Well, why aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by beefy View Post
    Well, why aren't you?
    He needs his beauty sleep?
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

Quote Originally Posted by Flossie Schmumpus View Post
    He needs his beauty sleep?
    Hmm it's possible, but is it probable?

Why not? Guys in general are vainer than women anyways.
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

Quote Originally Posted by Flossie Schmumpus View Post
    Why not? Guys in general are vainer than women anyways.
    Ah good point. My guy can't resist primping in front of anything that gives him a reflection. There are some excellent trolls lurking around, and yet everyone is so quiet. chirp chirp chirp...

Ah good point. My guy can't resist primping in front of anything that gives him a reflection. There are some excellent trolls lurking around, and yet everyone is so quiet. chirp chirp chirp...
    Chirp, I know it just isn't the same without Burg playing with us

Back on topic, Some changes have been going on in the NE anyone call to lend us some insight ?? I have plenty of under the table information but am curious as to what you have to say to the public about your ... interactions??

Chirp, I know it just isn't the same without Burg playing with us
    Im lurking with the best of um! Ask Oppo!
    S3 R3 Tabs - Øutcasts
    S6 R4 Uselessium - THC

Quote Originally Posted by Burgandy View Post
    Im lurking with the best of um! Ask Oppo!
    Ohhh Oppo has filled me in ...... now I KNOW where to find you!!!

You are lucky to have him /sniff.. Oppo is one of my favorite past soldiers to kill under my command.

You are lucky to have him /sniff.. Oppo is one of my favorite past soldiers to kill under my command.
    AWW! Those were the days huh?

and come on NE, it seems almost everyone knows your dirty laundry, why won't the NE air it out? Should we start doing it for you? Ok.

I know the "player is away he had a real life emergency" excuse is lame, but take it in this context.
    Oppo> Synomin I'd like to form an alliance with you to control the quad, yadda yadda.
    Syn> yadda yadda, sounds alright, let's go over details, yadda yadda.
    Burg> Syn, this is Oppo's B from Apt 23. He had a real-life family emergency, and said he will get back to you as soon as possible, and I will handle talks while he's away, but keep in mind we must wait for him for final decisions.
    Syn> Ok that's fine.
    BATTLE REPORT- TAO Attacks Oppo with lots of cats.

Oppo returns> Uhmm I guess our talks are over then huh? Way to welcome me back.

Sound familiar?
    s1r2- PBnJ- Edge
    s6 Who_I_Be - Dark
    Current
    com3- Oppo Jr- TWD