Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Quad Action

Quote Originally Posted by Gabool View Post
    Once again, I know how the game works-my area is already clear of everyone I don't want to be there. Your constant reiteration of these basic concepts makes me wonder if you have just started to grasp them yourself (fuel to the fire ). My nipples are feeling a bit tender this morning... and since we've played together before you obviously know enough about me to call me out on my performance in game. Well played. Try again.
    I didn't know we played together before. Care for a refresh? Avoiding the top 10's is odd to say the least, so you if you could kill 200 troops you wouldn't just to stay out of the top 10's? When I play, I strive to be first in everything. Push myself to be better.
    S1R8 ~ Kal El - Win!
    S2R7 ~ MaTaJuAnEs - Loss! / S2R8 ~ iIRiTAtOr
    S3R8 ~ LordDeath - Win! / S3R9 ~ LordDeath
    S5R8 ~ LordDeath - Win!
    S19R1 ~ Goosebumps - Win! / S19R2 ~ Hulk - Win!
    Travian Tourny Qualifier ~ Ganja Gang

Quote Originally Posted by Spider01 View Post
    And just to be clear, I don't care how many servers you delete on. It's just not that important to me anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeath View Post
    I didn't know we played together before. Care for a refresh? Avoiding the top 10's is odd to say the least, so you if you could kill 200 troops you wouldn't just to stay out of the top 10's? When I play, I strive to be first in everything. Push myself to be better.
    Sarcasm is clearly lost upon you... Getting attackers ribbons early game is like being president of a homeschool.
    Your a sarcastic smart ***. Two things I don't like in a person.
    US4R7-Mr. Pig

Sarcasm is clearly lost upon you... Getting attackers ribbons early game is like being president of a homeschool.
    In your mind, when does it graduate from early game? Because we are into week 6 now.
    S1R8 ~ Kal El - Win!
    S5R8 ~ LordDeath - Win!

And just to be clear, I don't care how many servers you delete on. It's just not that important to me anymore.

In your mind, when does it graduate from early game? Because we are into week 6 now.
    Early game ends when mid-game begins I registered a little over two weeks ago. The fact of the matter is that unless those attack points are going towards clearing defense out of a profitable farm, or killing enemy troops that would otherwise be raiding, it is hardly profitable to get an attackers ribbon this early. Anyone can use their hero to get easy kills, so we'll leave that aspect out. Clearing defense is also questionable-how many times have you splatted? How many mace do you kill every week? Now picture all of them raiding, and in turn creating more mace. All I'm saying is that there are far more features that determine a players competency than silly ribbons (especially early game). Raiders ribbons are one thing, once again not something incredibly hard to get, but they at least show you can pull in the resources to keep moving forward.
    US4R7-Mr. Pig

Early game ends when mid-game begins I registered a little over two weeks ago. The fact of the matter is that unless those attack points are going towards clearing defense out of a profitable farm, or killing enemy troops that would otherwise be raiding, it is hardly profitable to get an attackers ribbon this early. Anyone can use their hero to get easy kills, so we'll leave that aspect out. Clearing defense is also questionable-how many times have you splatted? How many mace do you kill every week? Now picture all of them raiding, and in turn creating more mace. All I'm saying is that there are far more features that determine a players competency than silly ribbons (especially early game). Raiders ribbons are one thing, once again not something incredibly hard to get, but they at least show you can pull in the resources to keep moving forward.
    I use maces for raiding and the offense units for offense, you sure you know how to play the game? Why would someone hunt kills with no profit? It's like clearing a farm with 10k in losses and 6k profit in resources.. Those people make GREAT later game farms.

In my mind, the server is no longer early, alliances are established, accounts that are most active and aggressive taking their leads. Is it not right that what is done in the first few weeks of the server will speak to the quality of your account?

People paint early game as something that is of little to no importance, How you play and the tactics used in the first weeks is the building block of a great player. Therefore I believe the start is significant for individual accounts while midgame and endgame is mostly about coordination and simming the biggest hammers.
    S1R8 ~ Kal El - Win!
    S5R8 ~ LordDeath - Win!

I use maces for raiding and the offense units for offense, you sure you know how to play the game? \
    What in the blue blazes are you even trying to say?
    US4R7-Mr. Pig

What in the blue blazes are you even trying to say?
    .... That was pretty strait forward.
    S1R8 ~ Kal El - Win!
    S5R8 ~ LordDeath - Win!

Yup - mace are good raiders and excellent defenders - whatever else would he mean?
    - Carrie, retired HMH -

The statement itself was straightforward. But why did you say it? It's basically what I said in the post you responded to.
    US4R7-Mr. Pig

Artisan

As a player who depends on raiding 80% as a teuton should, Killing enemy raiding troops around your villages is a key way to continue to grow and be the top dog in your area. The game is known as a game of killing and stealing. Then again, there are player like you who hug and have tender nipples.
    ded thread motorboated

Gabool... Dont feed the trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by LettuceOwn View Post
    Gabool... Dont feed the trolls.
    It's just so fun verbally abusing him
    US4R7-Mr. Pig

How many stages of the game are there? The game lasts about a year, so take one year and divide by the number of stages. The first portion of the game is Early Game.. It's fairly simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeroz View Post
    Idiot.

It's a game, treat it as such.
    Quote Originally Posted by horse View Post
    I swear to God you are the most frustrating and irritating person I've encountered in over 3 years of posting here. Do I sound like the kind of person that would struggle to understand something, do I come across to you as being below averagely dim ?

I'd even believe you are being obtuse on purpose.

It's just so fun verbally abusing him
    That's verbal abuse? Wheres Baron when I need to be insulted..

Quote Originally Posted by John Rambo View Post
    How many stages of the game are there? The game lasts about a year, so take one year and divide by the number of stages. The first portion of the game is Early Game.. It's fairly simple.
    Game Start, Mid Game, End Game

All three of which are equal importance all having a key factor in each.

Game start: To build your villages using a system and to raid using the same system to grow, raid and attack with profit always abundant rather then losses.

Mid Game: Grab Arties, get rid of competition and secure your quad / area

End Game: Finishing touches on end game hammers, grab sets of plans, build WW and smash into enemy WW's.

I did not elaborate on the game stages because I can't devote enough time talking to a door knob such as yourself. Just simply implying that all three stages of the game are significant importance. Numbers collected at start game translate into mid and end game numbers.
    Last edited by LordDeath; 07-18-2012 at 11:01 PM.
    S1R8 ~ Kal El - Win!
    S5R8 ~ LordDeath - Win!

Game start: To build your villages using a system and to raid using the same system to grow, raid and attack with profit always abundant rather then losses.

End Game: Finishing touches on end game hammers, grab sets of plans, build WW and smash into enemy WW's.

I did not elaborate on the game stages because I can't devote enough time talking to a door knob such as yourself. Just simply implying that all three stages of the game are significant importance. Numbers collected at start game translate into mid and end game numbers.
    So you believe that one-third of a year equates to 6 weeks?

You've still failed to surprise me.. You're just the type of person that I expected you to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeroz View Post
    Idiot.

It's a game, treat it as such.
    Quote Originally Posted by horse View Post
    I swear to God you are the most frustrating and irritating person I've encountered in over 3 years of posting here. Do I sound like the kind of person that would struggle to understand something, do I come across to you as being below averagely dim ?

I'd even believe you are being obtuse on purpose.

This whole post looks like someone else wrote it for you. A post from you that doesn't make me cringe while reading is truly impressive. Bravo.

Quote Originally Posted by Theory View Post
    This whole post looks like someone else wrote it for you. A post from you that doesn't make me cringe while reading is truly impressive. Bravo.
    You think I don't know what I'm doing or talking about? Why waste my knowledge on the public forums unless someone doesn't understand the simplicity that the beginning is of the same importance as the other stages of the game in it's own way.

Is it not said by everyone that alliances who are doomed to fail fade away after the first few weeks, which in translation to me speaks that the first few weeks are the make and break points of an alliance.

As a great man once said, Those who question the very fact of numbers as proof after this amount of time in the server is other in denial or depressed at their own personal accomplishments.
    S1R8 ~ Kal El - Win!
    S5R8 ~ LordDeath - Win!

If you haven't cleared your quad by the time arties come out you're doing it wrong.
    US4R7-Mr. Pig

If you haven't cleared your quad by the time arties come out you're doing it wrong.
    All depends on the quad and the alliance skill levels within the quad, Obviously you must not play much if quads are SUPPOSED to be cleared by arty time. Why would you get rid of all competition when you could allow smaller weeds growing in the back yard take artifacts which you then take from then. You need decent chief targets and lots of larger farms to support a team as a one wing quad dominate.

Taking out an entire quad BEFORE arties drop is both terrible tactics and totally dependent on the alliances within the quad.

To back peddle to previous posts, you claim it is smart to preserve hammers / raiding hubs so that you profit when you strike and better safe then sorry. Then in this post you claim to believe it is smart to spend all your time killing your troops in order to diminish farms, chief-able targets and potential tribute players who in exchange for their survival offer defense to artifact villages and later game World Wonders.

If anything, most smashing is done early so you can separate the men from the boys (You being a boy) and from there build your hammer back and your quad in accordance to your personal alliance needs. IF you are the top dog alliance in your quad. Numbers at the beginning of the server mean one of two things. Those who use smart tactics and those who do not.

If you are in,around or near the SW quad drop me an ingame message and i can provide you examples of how to better utalize accounts as farms and future chief targets rather then catapult practice.
    S1R8 ~ Kal El - Win!
    S5R8 ~ LordDeath - Win!

Wall of blabbering nonsense.
    Of course it's better to allow alliances with successful hammers to thrive in your quad until arties are released. What the hell was I thinking? Who wouldn't want an enemy hammer with a speed arte sitting smack-dab in the middle of their quad, it's every "little boys" dream. Please excuse my ignorance oh great and mighty LordDeath. Your knowledge of Travian is clearly far superior to mine.

I really loved this:
    Why would you get rid of all competition when you could allow smaller weeds growing in the back yard take artifacts which you then take from then.
    Your quad will be more weeds than grass Let's hope those weeds don't get smart.

That's verbal abuse? Wheres Baron when I need to be insulted..
    With the incompetent responses you've been issuing yes, yes it is. Clearly demonstrates it takes little to no intelligence to click that attack button.
    Last edited by Gabool; 07-19-2012 at 02:24 AM.
    US4R7-Mr. Pig

Of course it's better to allow alliances with successful hammers to thrive in your quad until arties are released. What the hell was I thinking? Who wouldn't want an enemy hammer with a speed arte sitting smack-dab in the middle of their quad, it's every "little boys" dream. Please excuse my ignorance oh great and mighty LordDeath. Your knowledge of Travian is clearly far superior to mine.

I really loved this:

Your quad will be more weeds than grass Let's hope those weeds don't get smart.

With the incompetent responses you've been issuing yes, yes it is. Clearly demonstrates it takes little to no intelligence to click that attack button.

Edit: Was there even a valid argument in your posts or was it just a biased response each and every time? oh the predictable forum users..

We smoke the weed's we let grow. Honestly i'm here to have fun and kill some ****.. but it's been a blast to see you try and attempt to troll me. This really demonstrates how little intelligence it takes to press the post reply button.
    Last edited by LordDeath; 07-19-2012 at 03:51 AM.
    S1R8 ~ Kal El - Win!
    S5R8 ~ LordDeath - Win!

have know a player from an enemy alliance to clear artis and fail to secure it. Once you would say was bad luck. Two servers in a row is a reason to let him grow a hammer so he can clear an artefact or two for you. If you are really lucky and dont startle him too much he may even clear a WW or two for you.
    us1rd4 Shakin&Bakin | us2rd3 DarkFather Dual #665 | us6rd1 NoMercy | us9rd1 NotAMyth (sorceys raid slave and sandwich maker)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drummit View Post
    What the pineappleh's going on, and where are my reins?

Occasionally worshipped by Mitachuk, Hej and Vigil
    and most important Sprouts friend

Edit: Was there even a valid argument in your posts or was it just a biased response each and every time? oh the predictable forum users..

We smoke the weed's we let grow. Honestly i'm here to have fun and kill some ****.. but it's been a blast to see you try and attempt to troll me. This really demonstrates how little intelligence it takes to press the post reply button.
    I realize that you struggle to recognize sarcasm, and in retrospect I guess that one did have a bit much for you... Does this help?

I'm not really sure how someone could fail to see the arguments I've presented in my previous post. All the oases you've been attacking must have you pretty tired, go ahead sleep it off-we can continue tomorrow. If you read back through the thread, you'll notice that you responded to one of my posts which was just fine without your mediocre input. If consistently negating every scrap of knowledge you've attempted to display in this thread is trolling then yes, I guess I am.
    US4R7-Mr. Pig

I realize that you struggle to recognize sarcasm, and in retrospect I guess that one did have a bit much for you... Does this help?

I'm not really sure how someone could fail to see the arguments I've presented in my previous post. All the oases you've been attacking must have you pretty tired, go ahead sleep it off-we can continue tomorrow. If you read back through the thread, you'll notice that you responded to one of my posts which was just fine without your mediocre input. If consistently negating every scrap of knowledge you've attempted to display in this thread is trolling then yes, I guess I am.

Quote Originally Posted by gebne View Post
    have know a player from an enemy alliance to clear artis and fail to secure it. Once you would say was bad luck. Two servers in a row is a reason to let him grow a hammer so he can clear an artefact or two for you. If you are really lucky and dont startle him too much he may even clear a WW or two for you.
    S1R8 ~ Kal El - Win!
    S5R8 ~ LordDeath - Win!

Banned.

Quote Originally Posted by gebne View Post
    Luisss. lol

It's always easier when he's on the other side.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    Luisss. lol

It's always easier when he's on the other side.
    Where were you, I missed you
    S1R8 ~ Kal El - Win!
    S5R8 ~ LordDeath - Win!

Banned.

Where were you, I missed you
    Binge drinking.

Binge drinking.
    I'm sparking a doob if your interested
    S1R8 ~ Kal El - Win!
    S5R8 ~ LordDeath - Win!

Banned.

I'm sparking a doob if your interested
    Always.

Your opinions matter so much to me I don't think I can go on if you don't approve
    US4R7-Mr. Pig

Your opinions matter so much to me I don't think I can go on if you don't approve
    Thanks for the signature.
    S1R8 ~ Kal El - Win!
    S5R8 ~ LordDeath - Win!

Thanks for the signature.
    Everyone should have a bit of genius somewhere. Yours just happens to be in your signature
    I guess I forgot to put it in blue text again.
    US4R7-Mr. Pig

Everyone should have a bit of genius somewhere. Yours just happens to be in your signature
    I guess I forgot to put it in blue text again.
    Lets stop making this forum about us. I honestly started just to get opinions on quads lol.
    S1R8 ~ Kal El - Win!
    S5R8 ~ LordDeath - Win!

Banned.

Gabool: 1 LD: 0

No more doobs for you
    S1R8 ~ Kal El - Win!
    S5R8 ~ LordDeath - Win!

Banned.

No more doobs for you
    Hey! You conceded to him, not me!

Lets stop making this forum about us. I honestly started just to get opinions on quads lol.
    I just calls 'em like I sees 'em.

S1R8 ~ Kal El - Win!
    S5R8 ~ LordDeath - Win!

Thanks Baron
    US4R7-Mr. Pig

Now that the 3 page fire seems to be under control... who would like to talk about quads? Im interested in other people's perspectives.

Quote Originally Posted by LettuceOwn View Post
    Now that the 3 page fire seems to be under control... who would like to talk about quads? Im interested in other people's perspectives.
    My quads are huge

Retired for Good (Thanks for the shiz and Giggles
    Fluffy Unicorns USx15
    Mad Bedicine Usx14
    Retired (USx 6-13)
    gimpyx usx5
    shazzstar usx4
    chubbzaka usx3