Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Goodbye s3

Villager

Quote Originally Posted by NoFx View Post
    Really you read the above post and that's what you got? You sir are a nincompoop.
    That is a fairly accurate description of Crunchie...

Quote Originally Posted by syswipe View Post

i have talked to many good and great players: Runningwolf, die, x-men,true love, gygax, wldthng, bahznell, will scarlett, masterspirit, enoch, oppo, yomamma, papasang, shiloh, gio, kreegan, dm, dmk, friskyferret, skeered, n4r, tef and smith, too many to name… all great players.
    i live on!

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus. View Post
    Too much nationalistic rubbish filtering in now. Can't be bothered to quote but you will now what I am on about.

This maybe a us. server but as someone correctly pointed out this is very much a multi national server with people from all over on here

People keep referring to Angels as a British alliance. We have arrived from a UK server but truth is we have a high proportion of US players on here as well as other nationalities.

Taking the above two points into account, I am quite frankly fed up of those that are trying to make this out to be a British verse the rest scenario. I am especially disappointed in the Angels players that are adding fuel to that fire. You know that many of your team mates are US players yet you still spout that bilge.

Get on with the gaming.
    ^ That post like 50 times. I'm not even going to add anything to it.
    Last edited by Frisky Ferret; 08-23-2012 at 08:35 AM.

Ernie, Ernie, Ernie... you deleted and took a unique arti with you. That is the ultimate "taking my ball and going home" move in the game, meaning it is the ultimate act in lameness. I hope Bert makes you pay for that tonight.
    S2R3 - Cuchullain - dual
    This BR needs moar ramz - http://travian-reports.net/us/report/397659d59d7
    S3R5 - 50% of the Tox account, solo first and last month
    S5 - Huffy account since 12/2012

Lots of good stuff in Van Man's post, but I will only quote the most important part.

Quote Originally Posted by Yo_Vanilla_Ice View Post
    I'm getting married on Monday. Rings were bought last Saturday
    Good luck to you both on Monday. I hope you have a great day (and even better night :P) and have a long and happy life together.

Wow...i go take a break from the game and seems like a whole lot of truthiness going on around here. Even wookie decided to chime in. whelp...apologies in advance for the textwall below...i know how awesome textwalls are.

[...] and all the rest
    Dude, had you posted like this all throughout the server in the past, you'd of gotten lots more respect. What you posted was well written and sounded mature, unlike, I'm afraid to say, what you've posted since I've known you.

Lets face it: being new to the server, we had no clue who you were and who DOS was. In fact, those Angels not on the forums probably still don't have a clue who the leader of DOS was and probably don't care. As such, all we knew of you was what you posted on here, it was our only source of knowledge from other Alliances on the server. Respect of our enemies can only be earned so many ways, and we had none other then your posts on the forum. Speaking only for me, that is why you never got mine, as leader of DOS. (In the end, I know you don't care about such things, which is obvious. But some of your team is wondering why we are acting like we did on the forums and even get so upset as to posting racist comments. It was more for their information then yours)

anyways, cheers to the real you, it seems.
    Last edited by ConanHC; 08-23-2012 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Large Sarge View Post
    Ernie, Ernie, Ernie... you deleted and took a unique arti with you. That is the ultimate "taking my ball and going home" move in the game, meaning it is the ultimate act in lameness. I hope Bert makes you pay for that tonight.
    His cancer came out of remission.
    s8r1 The_Goat R&F
    s3r3 rawhide First EGH #1 attacker, #3 raider Nemesis, we lost
    s2r4 peacemaker (sim account) Tcats, we lost
    s3r4 hazzard big bada boom GOB, we won
    s3r5 worthy cause (deleted) DOS
    s2r?? Deus ex machina, FEAR
    .com3 TWD "Blaming Ferris and Nominating Flowerpower for leadership"

Quote Originally Posted by Chumpanzie View Post
    I am totally going to keel you all when my awesome army arrives..

Bad news, my best wishes to him and I hope that his treatment will be successful.

In that case I retract my intentionally antagonistic comment, apologize, and wish him the best.
    S2R3 - Cuchullain - dual
    This BR needs moar ramz - http://travian-reports.net/us/report/397659d59d7
    S3R5 - 50% of the Tox account, solo first and last month
    S5 - Huffy account since 12/2012

2. oh...dang it. We all tried again anyways! in my case for a final time. PHN and UNE responded by dogpiling while angels was swamping us also. So...basically? More middle fingers. Like seriously? The posts about lack of trying etc, quitting etc? Sheesh. I tried everything. Even Oppo knows that much.

3. I'm getting married on Monday.
    1. Congrats man I wish you happiness beyond belief and that your face hurts as much as mine did at the end of that day(uncontrollable smiles can take their toll!) if I can offer, and you'll accept, any bit of advice (if not ignore): never lose the date nights! Cherish each one of them, bc as time goes on, a lot of us lose sight of that
    2. For your benefit I think you did try your best, but it might have been too late. You appeared to have the best intentions when you approached me, in a different server it would have worked.
    3. The words you put in my mouth and the lies you told the DOS members about me/what I said in your meeting last week were egregious.

Out of respect for all the craziness I'm sure you're going through this week, and the fact that real life trumps this game 100/100 times, I will stop there and just wish you the best of luck in real life.
    Various .comx's with PFF and Dacia
    s1r2- PBnJ- Edge
    s2r2- dseay(for end game)- BAMerang
    s3r1- Oppo - Unity s3r2- Cross32 - UEF
    s3r3- TORTure -ĜUTSIDEs3r5- 2 Evil 1z-PHN
    s6 Who_I_Be - Dark
    s5r4- KTB - VLR s5r5(I think?)- Icky- IMT
    Current
    com3- Oppo Jr- TWD

Quote Originally Posted by Oppo! View Post
    1. Congrats man I wish you happiness beyond belief and that your face hurts as much as mine did at the end of that day(uncontrollable smiles can take their toll!) if I can offer, and you'll accept, any bit of advice (if not ignore): never lose the date nights! Cherish each one of them, bc as time goes on, a lot of us lose sight of that
    Thanks...but the rest of the post kinda wrecked the good

2. For your benefit I think you did try your best, but it might have been too late. You appeared to have the best intentions when you approached me, in a different server it would have worked.
    If late is defined as starting 2 weeks before artifacts, so be it.

3. The words you put in my mouth and the lies you told the DOS members about me/what I said in your meeting last week were egregious.
    hmmm. Another extremely broad and vague accusation about my "lies" this round. As I've told all the others before you, if you're going to start attacking my character, you should probably bring something to the table to back it up, instead of just making up stuff.

Out of respect for all the craziness I'm sure you're going through this week, and the fact that real life trumps this game 100/100 times, I will stop there and just wish you the best of luck in real life.
    Thanks...but I'm honestly not sure why you even felt a need to make some sort of accusation or open this can of worms. You read the DOS meeting discussion. You and I even discussed the discussion after the fact. I guess as before in our private discussion...

As with all the others that have gone on the character assassination crusade against me this round. Don't post bogus junk like "rawhide is a liar!" If I lied, post what I lied about. I'd sure like to know what it was.

If I'm slow to respond, or if it even takes me a few days...well...i'm enjoying my time off.
    s8r1 The_Goat R&F
    s3r3 rawhide First EGH #1 attacker, #3 raider Nemesis, we lost
    s2r4 peacemaker (sim account) Tcats, we lost
    s3r4 hazzard big bada boom GOB, we won
    s3r5 worthy cause (deleted) DOS
    s2r?? Deus ex machina, FEAR
    .com3 TWD "Blaming Ferris and Nominating Flowerpower for leadership"

Quote Originally Posted by Chumpanzie View Post
    I am totally going to keel you all when my awesome army arrives..

Saying goodbye...kinda implies you are going away...jus sayin.
    S3 R3 Tabs - Ĝutcasts
    S3 R4 Rastafari - Utensils
    S3 R5 Ndowd, 2 Evil 1z -PHN (not playing atm)
    S5 R3 Scarlet Panther - AC|DC
    S6 R4 Uselessium - THC

Burg...has FEELINGS???? what is s3 coming to!!!???
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHanded View Post
    Yeah, she doesn't show her TT's off to just anyone. She likes to engulf big hammers with those.

After reading a few of these conversations, I can be happy in the fact that I do not come to this room very often. Too much testosterone.

As a DOS player who has just left the game, I think that it is appropriate to recognize that the Angels are in a great position to win the game. So, in advance, congrats to their team.

To Yo_Vanilla_Ice, thank you for being a good leader. Congratulations with regards to your marriage on Monday.

Regarding the northeast, it could have been a strong competitor. The fact that it did not come together left the Angels without the strong competitor that they deserved and the northeast players with less satisfaction than they could have achieved.

Think the NE has shown that an alliance needs to to make sure they take control of their own quad quickly. While I'm posting I will also state that contrary to belief Angels and Unend have never worked together other than Runningwolf who liaised with a couple of players near him. Certainly nothing that involved the whole alliance and the leadership team. Angels work on their own with their own ops.

And we have won nothing yet snowtread; we never take things for granted and will continue our gameplay as normal bish bashing around

Odd, that is not what I was told by an leader of UNEND.
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

Quote Originally Posted by Flossie Schmumpus View Post
    Well if I were in their situation I might very well sow those seeds of doubt with you, but what Red says is accurate. Meanwhile Angels war on the ever shrinking DOS continues.

Quote Originally Posted by Muddle View Post
    Well if I were in their situation I might very well sow those seeds of doubt with you, but what Red says is accurate. Meanwhile Angels war on the ever shrinking DOS continues.
    So I heard DOS gave up
    s1r4 Pathos
    s1r5 Flippy the mightiest, most fearsome commander.
    s1r6 TMNT
    s1r7 TSB
    s5r7 Ghostbusters

Just follow Ace's directions

Quote Originally Posted by Muddle View Post
    If i can get permission from the author, i could prove you wrong.
    Retired as of 10/13/14 after 7 and a half years of playing. Good luck to those who continue to play.
    us2; Round 6 - Adjudicator (Getter) (BACON) (Lost)
    us3; Round 2 - stevo (Getter) (QoD) (Lost)
    us3; Round 3 - stemem (Getter) (SI) (Won)
    us3; Round 4 - BliZZarD (Getter) (Delicious) (lost)
    us3; Round 5 - Ice Lillies (Getter) (DoS) (Semper DoS)
    us3; Round 7 - Revolt (Getter) (SI) (Won)
    us8; Round 1 - Heavenly Wrath (Getter) (TNT) (won)
    com3; Round ? - General Mills (Getter) (ReD DoS/TWD) (Lost)

Good news is travian will start this server up again shortly

WE left cause we didn't want to give UNEND the satisfaction of destroying our account

Well, to everyone who is still deciding to go on this server...Good Luck (you'll need it)
    US3R4 - Grease Monkey
    US3R5 - Illuminati [DOS]
    USXR13 - The Fallen
    USXR14 - Theonocove

"May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I wont."

Quote Originally Posted by ???? View Post
    If i can get permission from the author, i could prove you wrong.
    That depends on what is meant by working together. We do not defend each other, we do not co-ordinate attacks. We have no agreement to work with them.

They have, however, provided us with some hammer and defence information, just like nemesis provided DOS with our hammers when we started attacking. I wouldn't say that is working together in the sense that is meant by the posters.

Hmmmm, no....a little more than that.

Of course they have shot themselves in the foot by providing any information about us to you....all they did was weaken themselves in the long run.
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

lol i wonder what they'll say when they have 1 village with 12 pop left

Quote Originally Posted by Red Bellona View Post
    Think the NE has shown that an alliance needs to to make sure they take control of their own quad quickly.
    I think more importantly to realize that the old school game is gone. The only way to go is come into a round with a solid plan, and players. One group here did that...congrats to your foresight!

Which is a real shame, because all the sense of fun free play has left. You can't enter the play ground, kick around some dirt clods, see who else is here and make up a game as things go along. SAD.

Which is a real shame, because all the sense of fun free play has left. You can't enter the play ground, kick around some dirt clods, see who else is here and make up a game as things go along. SAD.
    This is indeed sad. My first servers were by myself until a handful of noob friends joined in and we formed an alliance out of noobs all around us.
    I don't think a noob alliance would stand a chance in hell these days, but back then we ended up supporting a strong WW contender.
    Quote Originally Posted by gebne View Post
    St. Chak, glorious atelier, faithful servant and bearer of thong,
    the stain of the troll has caused you to be forgotten by many,
    but the true forum invokes you universally as the patron of things despised of;
    pray for me, that finally I may receive the alterations and the couture of thongs in all my fripperies, ornamentations, and trimmings,
    particularly those of purple hue, and that I may read Chak with the thong throughout Eternity.

enter the play ground, kick around some dirt clods, see who else is here and make up a game as things go along
    In short, it is called DOS.
    Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works.

Never test the depth of the water with both feet.

I am not sure that this applies. Every server I have joined there have been returning players and alliances. I joined round 2 of uk3 and there were 4 returning organised alliances back then. The following year 4 more returned. The one after 3 more. I am sure there were more than that, I am only counting the major successful alliances.

What is correctly pointed out is that it helps to have a plan. Tactics have altered from the early servers. Players have become smarter at what they do:-

1) Everyone knows that only FAIL alliances form in the 10 days of the server. Why waste resource on embassies when what is really needed is resource production (whether from raiding or tiles)?

2) linked to 1) above. Get your players into those allies that start in week1. Watch that ally grow. Some people will say that is dangerous, as in all these games the strong attract the strong. This is where the beauty of getting your players in the alliance. The embassy is filled up, the alliance gets complacent with their number 1 status etc etc.

3) End of week 2 get your embassy to level 10. Then arrive with a bang - send invites out at once. Start with those big players you have placed in the other allies. As one alliance plummets, another one arrives, and in doing so feeds the "strong attract the strong" and consigns the falling alliance to fail as more players leave and only the mediocrity join.

All the above set you up to control the quad. Essential if you wish to be a main player on the server. the quad needs to be yours well before artifacts so you are able to concentrate on securing those needed for military might and endgame.

4) Secure those artifacts!!!

5 a) The next trick is to keep your alliance members busy so they don't get bored and delete. To do this you need to fight. Some players love simming, but the fighters need action (whether defence or offence). So fight it is

The old style play used to be to have truces to prepare for endgame. Sim up your endgame hammers and defence. Build a little WW village and then play out who can build the quickest whilst waiting for alliances EGH to arrive. We altered that last uk3 we played and continued into this server. Back to point 5....

5 b) Fighting serves two purposes. It keeps the members happy as already mentioned. The second point is that it weakens the enemies ability to compete at endgame. Why let them build defence and EGH to be sent to you at endgame? Take them out now.

6) Build WW to level 100 and hopefully win.

A simple game plan really but one that we have developed and worked to. The idea was born out of those self declared non WW / bishy bashy / fight to the end alliances. The lure to the fighters to join these "fun alliances" meant that we had to offer something different. A strong alliance that will be bishy bashy / non meta / fight for the length of the whole server and will then build a WW at the end.

None of this is possible by just using players that join over from your old team. You need new blood. Old foes and new players that have joined up to see what happens as flossie mentions.
    Last edited by Magnus.; 08-27-2012 at 11:44 AM.

Even wookie decided to chime in.
    duh.

*snip*......Probably also for DOS'rs sticking it out in the hopes for a competitive endgame.
    or....... if they want to be a part of a truthfully competitive end-game group, they will do what some of their allies already have done.....
    us5r2: Tiamat: #1 attacker, #1 hero. had a blast.
    us5r3: Jaali: 'i refuse to be victimized by notions of virtuous behavior' -calvin. Grats to Jarwa.
    us3r4: Tempus: Official s3 idiot. herpderp.
    s6r4: Janbos. first, last and only egh.
    s2r6: Persephone/Leif Ericson: The Funtards and divorce are a B****
    s2r7: ?

Quote Originally Posted by Eudaimonia View Post
    Birds fly, dogs bark, wookie smash. Such is life.

If you think s3 is going to have a competitive endgame, you have rocks for brains. That bus has come and left the station empty.

I'm not used to hearing such comments from you Schmurphette... much more bitterness in your posts since DOS got sacked.
    Last edited by ConanHC; 08-27-2012 at 07:43 PM.

Not bitter, that is being realistic.

If I have any hard or bitter feelings, they are not directed towards the Angels.

Villager

we could go for angles v dangles just to increase the fun

Quote Originally Posted by ConanHC View Post
    I'm not used to hearing such comments from you Schmurphette... much more bitterness in your posts since DOS got sacked.
    Says the player who lost his hammer on an account that was in deletion.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus. View Post
    I am not sure that this applies. Every server I have joined there have been returning players and alliances. I joined round 2 of uk3 and there were 4 returning organised alliances back then. The following year 4 more returned. The one after 3 more. I am sure there were more than that, I am only counting the major successful alliances.

What is correctly pointed out is that it helps to have a plan. Tactics have altered from the early servers. Players have become smarter at what they do:-

1) Everyone knows that only FAIL alliances form in the 10 days of the server. Why waste resource on embassies when what is really needed is resource production (whether from raiding or tiles)?

2) linked to 1) above. Get your players into those allies that start in week1. Watch that ally grow. Some people will say that is dangerous, as in all these games the strong attract the strong. This is where the beauty of getting your players in the alliance. The embassy is filled up, the alliance gets complacent with their number 1 status etc etc.

3) End of week 2 get your embassy to level 10. Then arrive with a bang - send invites out at once. Start with those big players you have placed in the other allies. As one alliance plummets, another one arrives, and in doing so feeds the "strong attract the strong" and consigns the falling alliance to fail as more players leave and only the mediocrity join.

All the above set you up to control the quad. Essential if you wish to be a main player on the server. the quad needs to be yours well before artifacts so you are able to concentrate on securing those needed for military might and endgame.

4) Secure those artifacts!!!

5 a) The next trick is to keep your alliance members busy so they don't get bored and delete. To do this you need to fight. Some players love simming, but the fighters need action (whether defence or offence). So fight it is

The old style play used to be to have truces to prepare for endgame. Sim up your endgame hammers and defence. Build a little WW village and then play out who can build the quickest whilst waiting for alliances EGH to arrive. We altered that last uk3 we played and continued into this server. Back to point 5....

5 b) Fighting serves two purposes. It keeps the members happy as already mentioned. The second point is that it weakens the enemies ability to compete at endgame. Why let them build defence and EGH to be sent to you at endgame? Take them out now.

6) Build WW to level 100 and hopefully win.

A simple game plan really but one that we have developed and worked to. The idea was born out of those self declared non WW / bishy bashy / fight to the end alliances. The lure to the fighters to join these "fun alliances" meant that we had to offer something different. A strong alliance that will be bishy bashy / non meta / fight for the length of the whole server and will then build a WW at the end.

None of this is possible by just using players that join over from your old team. You need new blood. Old foes and new players that have joined up to see what happens as flossie mentions.
    i think they all want to know how you managed to get ~110 awesome trav players following you,
    after that every tactic willl work well unless you're really stupid
    Last edited by The Notorious Crunchie; 08-27-2012 at 10:47 PM. Reason: slightly tipsy

Quote Originally Posted by Oh Geez! View Post
    Says the player who lost his hammer on an account that was in deletion.
    Could be said for any number of players. Seems more than half the players in DOS couldn't stomach a fight and left.

I wasn't aware that three against one constituted a "fight". Do you also refer to something along those lines as a "date"?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Raider View Post
    Could be said for any number of players. Seems more than half the players in DOS couldn't stomach a fight and left.
    It is not the fight they couldn't stomach.

Looks like Lanie really did hold GOB together. Either that or Slip just ruins everything she touches. I may have had a hand in all this as well, only B and Gio could know. Heres hoping you are better at marriage than you are at travian.
    Forever a Utensil
    #3 attacker...s3r4
    #1 attacker...s6r4 (1.65 million attack points)(THC round won)
    best round i've played to date

It's only a fight when you actually fight back. Hiking your skirt up and running is what DOS did. Typical schoolboy bully behavour really. Run at the first chance someone actually hitting them back.

You can scream and shout on the forums about 3v1 all day long. If you were actually good enough to clear your quad you wouldn't have been in this predicament.

Or as a uk3 poster posted so often "Coward your words mean nothing"

Quote Originally Posted by MachielsJ View Post
    Looks like Lanie really did hold GOB together. Either that or Slip just ruins everything she touches. I may have had a hand in all this as well, only B and Gio could know. Heres hoping you are better at marriage than you are at travian.
    You know naught of which you speak.