Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Friendships..

Default Friendships..

Pardon the tl;dr size, but i have something to say..

Thank you all..

I have been playing this "game" for 7+ years now, and 3 of those right here on s6.us.. Over these years i have made a few friends, and enemies im sure.. In fact just in this round, i actually have friends in all 4 quads that i would never turn my troops towards, not to mention some of my teammates that have been with me for the 4 years that i have led Devil Dogs..

Real life happens to everyone and it hit me pretty hard this last Tuesday.. It is what it is and i will be barely around for at least the next 30 days probably 60 days as i need to put my children before everything, but i will be pulling up my big girl panties and dealing with it..

I have tried to "retire" for the last 2 years, and just yesterday realized why i can not.. It is because of you all.. This addiction is really not so much about the game, it is about the social interaction with people we come to call friends..

The outpouring of sentiment and care that i have received from countless of you, my travian friends has been quite touching.. Waking up Wednesday morning to find my skype blown up with messages of good will and empathy made me realize that i may be able to quit leadership, but i will not be able to "retire" from travian..

..Greg (Storeythor)
    s1 : Storeythor http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2674061c50d
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    Gotta be talented to look after 2 WW's simultaneously. Or crazy... Crazy seems more like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gressor2 View Post
    The more I read of OdinLoki's posts, the more I want to play alongside him. Not for the results, as frequently good as they are, but for the sheer fun he seems to have at it. Would + rep if I could, man. Always enjoy reading your stuff... and mostly cringe at the results contained in 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chas00 View Post
    Storeythor,most offensive/defensive account holder on the server.
    Quote Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
    He's a nut and the more the odds are stacked against him, the better he seems to come out of it.

since im not on skype, and dont know what is going on. Let me say keep strong and ill send you positive thoughts..

tommy, W.E. friend
    s1r2 tommyz (anonymous) W.E.
    s1r3 tommyz (thayer the poet) W.E.
    s1r4 tommyz (thelma&louise) TRU
    aux speed tommy (figjamwilly) OoC
    s4r4 tommy (Orange Army) +GNA+
    s6r4 tommy (starscream) Dharma
    s1r6 tommy (ggnore13) TBW B

"People who drink light "beer" don't like the taste of beer; they just like to pee a lot."

See you when you get settled in Greg.

I'm gonna miss you.

RL > Travian.
    us8 Lanie - Lanie
    us3r3 - Horse
    us6r3 - Puzzle TR/RTA Puzzle Hammer
    us3r4 - GOB (another massive Gaul anvil) - Winners
    us6r4 - Satans Choice - THC http://travian-reports.net/us/report/1905565bba5
    us7r3 - Chuckles - Stooges http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2106816d1bd
    us2r6 - Bonzi - Tueton anvil, not recommended if you like to raid.

Truly sorry to hear of this, and I sincerely hope it all settles out for you in the immediate future. That's a real buzzkill.

Hope to see you soon.
    us5r2: Tiamat: #1 attacker, #1 hero. had a blast.
    us5r3: Jaali: 'i refuse to be victimized by notions of virtuous behavior' -calvin. Grats to Jarwa.
    us3r4: Tempus: Official s3 idiot. herpderp.
    s6r4: Janbos. first, last and only egh.
    s2r6: Persephone/Leif Ericson: The Funtards and divorce are a B****
    s2r7: ?

Quote Originally Posted by Eudaimonia View Post
    Birds fly, dogs bark, wookie smash. Such is life.

S3 R3 Tabs - Ĝutcasts
    S3 R4 Rastafari - Utensils
    S3 R5 Ndowd, 2 Evil 1z -PHN (not playing atm)
    S5 R3 Scarlet Panther - AC|DC
    S6 R4 Uselessium - THC

Quote Originally Posted by Yo_Vanilla_Ice View Post
    Burg...has FEELINGS???? what is s3 coming to!!!???
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHanded View Post
    Yeah, she doesn't show her TT's off to just anyone. She likes to engulf big hammers with those.

You know us... we will be right here when you get back, but hurry before these people get bored.

machielsj: please...we are beyond Yes dear....its more...thank you for letting me play in your world
    ______
    Wookie: what the dual wants, the dual gets.
    Siobhan: Oh yay. I want a pony.

Quote Originally Posted by Meanredhead View Post
    hurry before these people get bored.
    Too late!
    S3 R3 Tabs - Ĝutcasts
    S6 R4 Uselessium - THC

Yeah, she doesn't show her TT's off to just anyone. She likes to engulf big hammers with those.

Greg, I am sorry to hear about your RL crud. I hope it all works out as well as it can.

I could not have written the rest of your post any better. Totally agree with your reason- it's also why I play Travian.

Best of luck! T'was a pleasure playing with you for two rounds.
    s2r3: Yut BREW http://www.travian-reports.net/us/report/39892018468
    s3r3: Aerworn Nemesis
    s6r3: Puzzle RTA https://picasaweb.google.com/1178092...57285728149474
    s3r4: Mako GOB
    s6r4: Karma THC - a female dominated alliance - http://travian-reports.net/us/report/189640907c6 work horse hammer

Here is to hoping for a speedy and satisfactory outcome.

Well I can say that playing this round with you has been an honor! I know about dealing with RL. I wish you nothing but the best for you and your family.

Your politics are backwards and your jokes are lame, yet I can only find myself diggin your vibe motorcycle man. I'll continue to shoot down your facebook posts with a grin and look forward to seeing you back on a server sooner than later. If you find yourself in Charlotte, you've got a place to crash with beer in the fridge.
    -James
    Forever a Utensil
    #3 attacker...s3r4
    #1 attacker...s6r4 (1.65 million attack points)(THC round won)
    best round i've played to date

Quote Originally Posted by MachielsJ View Post
    If you find yourself in Charlotte, you've got a place to crash with beer in the fridge.
    Wth? I live in Charlotte...yet never got that offer! Im still waiting on the damn pizza you promised me in Jan!
    S3 R3 Tabs - Ĝutcasts
    S6 R4 Uselessium - THC

I think he made it clear his type was 'motorcycle men'.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgandy View Post
    Wth? I live in Charlotte...yet never got that offer! Im still waiting on the damn pizza you promised me in Jan!
    s1: The Dude
    s19: Venom

Mods be all up on deeznutz

Quote Originally Posted by b4dm0therf View Post
    I think he made it clear his type was 'motorcycle men'.
    add hairy and you've got me pegged.
    Forever a Utensil
    #3 attacker...s3r4

I love you greg!

"Semper necessitas probandi incumbit ei qui agit."

Huggs Greg I hope all gets better soon
    US1 Storeythor
    US5 Perseus
    US6 Queen of Cups

Greg you are like a brother let alone a mentor to me, I have faithfully served you for many servers now and feel confident enough to say? You are one of the best all time leaders I have served, you have become more of a brother to me then a best friend. I know what your going thru and know all will be fine when the time arises.. There is no server I will not follow you on you have been my mentor, you are a solid good friend and you have become my brother in arms.. I know you well enough and know you will rise above this real life crisis... My prays and thoughts are with you Storeythor

Quote Originally Posted by King Dimitrius View Post
    Greg you are like a brother let alone a mentor to me, I have faithfully served you for many servers now and feel confident enough to say? You are one of the best all time leaders I have served, you have become more of a brother to me then a best friend. I know what your going thru and know all will be fine when the time arises.. There is no server I will not follow you on you have been my mentor, you are a solid good friend and you have become my brother in arms.. I know you well enough and know you will rise above this real life crisis...*leans in for a hug, but realizes all he really wants is a kiss. A long deep kiss* How will storeythor respond? Will the truth be the end of their friendship? Will the meeting of their lips ignite a love story for the ages? Tune in tomorrow for the shocking series finale of When Leaders go AFK
    *fixt
    Forever a Utensil
    #3 attacker...s3r4

us4r4 - 2puggles - TDS (REBELS)
    us6r4 - puggles - THC - harmless kitten attacks WW
    us4r5 - puggle braynes - TDS has stuff
    us2r6 - CareBearzerker - FEAR - WW Hit#1, #2, #3
    com7 - w8 4 it... - CWL - WW joins my empire
    us1r7 - puggles - MHU

Quote Originally Posted by odinloki View Post
    Pardon the tl;dr size, but i have something to say..
    Thank you all..

Sentimental blah, blah, blah.

Deuces!

..Greg (Storeythor)
    I haven't seen a similar message in embassy 4 so we're cool right?

*fixt
    That actually made me LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by 2puggles View Post
    +1
    Last edited by MALJ; 09-15-2012 at 12:25 AM. Reason: So people can tell that I'm joking.
    .com2 (2013): DoMeDirty (a.k.a. Team Chezzara)|●●●Infamous - Result: Won!!! (sun)
    Not a WW Hammer, but it still got the job done. ^_^
    .us2 (Rd6): Bad Reputation|FEAR US - Result: Won, Yay!
    .com2 (2012): Schizo|WILD - Result: Won, Woo Hoo!
    .com8 (2012): Eric Stewart|GR - Result: Wonder Of The World Destroyed
    .us4(Rd5): Amara|R~EofTDS: Won, Woot!

[11/13/2012] Eric: Ms Amara, is my dual, and friend from US servers. She is a good, aggressive player that is excellent at inflaming the passions of twisted stalker types.

His message was not sentimental blah blah blah.
    us5r2: Tiamat: #1 attacker, #1 hero. had a blast.
    us5r3: Jaali: 'i refuse to be victimized by notions of virtuous behavior' -calvin. Grats to Jarwa.
    us3r4: Tempus: Official s3 idiot. herpderp.
    s6r4: Janbos. first, last and only egh.
    s2r6: Persephone/Leif Ericson: The Funtards and divorce are a B****
    s2r7: ?

Quote Originally Posted by Eudaimonia View Post
    Birds fly, dogs bark, wookie smash. Such is life.

Quote Originally Posted by Durinmaleus View Post
    His message was not sentimental blah blah blah.
    I was just teasing him...maybe I should have made the font blue so that it was more clear to everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by MALJ View Post
    I haven't seen a similar message in embassy 4 so we're cool right?
    Yes my dear, it's just that s6 is my "home" server and there is so very little to post about on embassy 4.. The s4 acct was given to me way back just before arty time..

For those curious..
    Update on my "situation" is i have secured a home in what appears to be record time..lol I still will be away until about mid-October with the packing up of the house and my machine/fabrication shop(i run a welding business from home in my garage) and then unpacking at new house.. But i am very lucky to have found a house in a weeks time, and the kids will still be in the same school district so i am a very happy person now..!!

Thank you all for the well-wishes..
    Gotta be talented to look after 2 WW's simultaneously. Or crazy... Crazy seems more like it.
    The more I read of OdinLoki's posts, the more I want to play alongside him. Not for the results, as frequently good as they are, but for the sheer fun he seems to have at it. Would + rep if I could, man. Always enjoy reading your stuff... and mostly cringe at the results contained in 'em.
    He's a nut and the more the odds are stacked against him, the better he seems to come out of it.

Glad to hear that things are going well. Real life can be a real *****.
    s2r3: Yut BREW http://www.travian-reports.net/us/report/39892018468
    s3r3: Aerworn Nemesis
    s6r3: Puzzle RTA https://picasaweb.google.com/1178092...57285728149474
    s3r4: Mako GOB
    s6r4: Karma THC - a female dominated alliance - http://travian-reports.net/us/report/189640907c6 work horse hammer

Such good news Greg! dejavu, I know I said the same thing on facebook, but I couldn't be any happier you and your family.
    us8 Lanie - Lanie
    us3r3 - Horse
    us6r3 - Puzzle TR/RTA Puzzle Hammer
    us3r4 - GOB (another massive Gaul anvil) - Winners
    us6r4 - Satans Choice - THC http://travian-reports.net/us/report/1905565bba5
    us7r3 - Chuckles - Stooges http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2106816d1bd
    us2r6 - Bonzi - Tueton anvil, not recommended if you like to raid.

Yes thank you again Red and Lanie..

I have been giving things some serious thought about s6.. Just looking at the replies here in this thread confirms the thought that next s6 i will be going S/W and bringing a handful of close friends with..

You think DD players could make it through early game with us in quad? Silly.....
    (Congrats on the new pad bud)
    Forever a Utensil
    #3 attacker...s3r4

You think DD players could make it through early game with us in quad? Silly.....
    (Congrats on the new pad bud)
    We would have the same tag..

Silly is as silly does says the guy who needs to know what color to paint the poo wall..

Laugh all you want, but you cant tell me the color after a day of drinking is the same as the color after a day of salad! I was hoping the color chemist could recommend the perfect blend!
    Forever a Utensil
    #3 attacker...s3r4

Laugh all you want, but you cant tell me the color after a day of drinking is the same as the color after a day of salad! I was hoping the color chemist could recommend the perfect blend!
    It is one of those things, you'll know it when you sme...ah see it.

*reminds self to not put Machielsj on the list of people to ask for home decorating ideas.
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

Whatever. My strive to perfect the perfect brown/green color to hide all poo splatter will revolutionize bathroom decoration. Poo Walls fo' life.
    Forever a Utensil
    #3 attacker...s3r4

You just need to start with a good basic go with everything background color and then all the new splatters could just be designer touches.
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

It sounds like you are going to have more of an issue with texture rather than color..

Quote Originally Posted by Flossie Schmumpus View Post
    You just need to start with a good basic go with everything background color and then all the new splatters could just be designer touches.
    My thoughts exactly, his time would be much more effective if spent on texture blending rather than color.. Much like the '80s splatter paint fad, If he has a decent backdrop then all the rest of the colors eventually just blend together no matter the shade..

Yes my dear, it's just that s6 is my "home" server and there is so very little to post about on embassy 4.. The s4 acct was given to me way back just before arty time..
    Good point, plus Embassy 4 is like a Ghetto version of 6, lately all we do there is crack tasteless jokes while making fun of the lone Swine member. I hope the transition into your new place goes smoothly and I'm glad you're around to chat with more on skype.
    .com2 (2013): DoMeDirty (a.k.a. Team Chezzara)|●●●Infamous - Result: Won!!! (sun)
    Not a WW Hammer, but it still got the job done. ^_^
    .us2 (Rd6): Bad Reputation|FEAR US - Result: Won, Yay!
    .com2 (2012): Schizo|WILD - Result: Won, Woo Hoo!
    .com8 (2012): Eric Stewart|GR - Result: Wonder Of The World Destroyed
    .us4(Rd5): Amara|R~EofTDS: Won, Woot!

[11/13/2012] Eric: Ms Amara, is my dual, and friend from US servers. She is a good, aggressive player that is excellent at inflaming the passions of twisted stalker types.

Don't mind me. Stalking Malj. Carry on.
    Quote Originally Posted by gebne View Post
    St. Chak, glorious atelier, faithful servant and bearer of thong,
    the stain of the troll has caused you to be forgotten by many,
    but the true forum invokes you universally as the patron of things despised of;
    pray for me, that finally I may receive the alterations and the couture of thongs in all my fripperies, ornamentations, and trimmings,
    particularly those of purple hue, and that I may read Chak with the thong throughout Eternity.

Theres a name I have not seen in a while. Dan Scipio

Update*

Found a house, paid all needed deposits and moved in.. Kids thankfully are safe and secure in what must be record time..lol They also get to stay in the same school district and love the new back yard.. Moving completely out of the old house is going not as fast, but i still have till this Sunday to finish..

Internet up and running at new house as well, but playing catch up with work so still a week out till i will be back online as often as i was.. Looks like s6 will be over before i am truly back..

Congrats to THC in advance

Update*

Found a house, paid all needed deposits and moved in.. Kids thankfully are safe and secure in what must be record time..lol They also get to stay in the same school district and love the new back yard.. Moving completely out of the old house is going not as fast, but i still have till this Sunday to finish..

Internet up and running at new house as well, but playing catch up with work so still a week out till i will be back online as often as i was.. Looks like s6 will be over before i am truly back..

Congrats to THC in advance
    Good to hear.

And lets hope the server is over before you are truly back, not because we don't want you back, but because I need this server to be over.

Quote Originally Posted by Flossie Schmumpus View Post
    Good to hear.

And lets hope the server is over before you are truly back, not because we don't want you back, but because I need this server to be over.
    Does your reason have a first name of John..? Hahahahah