Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon. . . Black and Blue?

Default Pokemon. . . Black and Blue?

Well played, PETA. Well played.

I actually really enjoyed that.

One of the most factual and well-reasoned things I've seen come out of that organization in my life.

Well done, madams, well done.
    Qui tacet consentire videtur, ubi loqui debuit ac potuit.

[7:32 AM] Jason (Al Bundy raidslave): Who the **** loses an arti to 18 phalanx
    [7:32 AM] Old Timer US1: The same faction that loses one to 66 legos

I especially like that they totally nailed the details to match with the real game.

Damn. I was doing so well until I got defeated by tall dude with pokemon fur coat.

I smell a lawsuit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Chak View Post
    Let me tell you, used tranny fluid tastes nasty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cora View Post
    I know I do a lot of the finger

Quote Originally Posted by RobinLocks View Post
    Damn. I was doing so well until I got defeated by tall dude with pokemon fur coat.
    Snivy should have been able to kick his ***.

Philosopher Principal Brian Lewis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jacana View Post
    Snivy should have been able to kick his ***.
    Yeah, you really shouldn't lose to any of them...

Quote Originally Posted by StealthSigma View Post
    I smell a lawsuit.
    Nintendo isn't Apple.

Still, I could see it happening. It would certainly be amusing to watch from the sidelines.
    Qui tacet consentire videtur, ubi loqui debuit ac potuit.

[7:32 AM] Jason (Al Bundy raidslave): Who the **** loses an arti to 18 phalanx
    [7:32 AM] Old Timer US1: The same faction that loses one to 66 legos

Meh, yet another PETA publicity stunt.

EDIT: Got to the part with Ash. Jesus, doesn't PETA do ANY sort of research? The entire ******* point of the first few episodes of the show was that Pikachu was special because he didn't like going in his pokeball, and Ash respected that and they got along fine in the end. Goddamn, in one of the movies Ash almost died in an effort to stop the fighting between Mew and Mewtwo and the Pokemon in Mewtwo's arena.
    Last edited by REDSHEILD; 10-09-2012 at 02:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by REDSHEILD View Post
    Meh, yet another PETA publicity stunt.

EDIT: Got to the part with Ash. Jesus, doesn't PETA do ANY sort of research? The entire ******* point of the first few episodes of the show was that Pikachu was special because he didn't like going in his pokeball, and Ash respected that and they got along fine in the end. Goddamn, in one of the movies Ash almost died in an effort to stop the fighting between Mew and Mewtwo and the Pokemon in Mewtwo's arena.

I am now removing one of your man cards.

I take pride in my ability to remember my childhood in detail. It means that my brain has a good neuron density and that its data recall functions are working perfectly.

I take pride in my ability to remember my childhood in detail. It means that my brain has a good neuron density and that its data recall functions are working perfectly.
    If it makes you feel any better: Joshyyy lost all his man cards shortly after registering on the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurk View Post
    Nintendo isn't Apple.

Still, I could see it happening. It would certainly be amusing to watch from the sidelines.
    Nintendo also generally hold copyright and trademark rights, not patent rights.

Nintendo will probably have to bring a trademark infringement lawsuit otherwise they can lose the Pokemon trademark due to not defending it.

Quote Originally Posted by 5m4llP0X View Post
    If it makes you feel any better: Joshyyy lost all his man cards shortly after registering on the forums.
    Cool story, bro.

Who gave him man cards to lose?! Someone is losing a man card....

At first I was like

"AHHHHHHHHHH, PETA, you're hilarious. That was some good sarcasm"
    then I was like
    "Wait...this is PETA we're talking about"
    then I concluded
    "****, they may seriously be trying to get rights for Pokemon..."

Cool story, bro.
    If you're gonna use the "Cool story bro" meme, you really have to know the meaning for it. It makes you look foolish without that knowledge. http://knowyourmeme.com/
    Who gave him man cards to lose?! Someone is losing a man card....
    Everyone gets man cards. Besides, we didn't know he was going to have a hard-on for adorable anime animal fighting.

Nintendo also generally hold copyright and trademark rights, not patent rights.

Nintendo will probably have to bring a trademark infringement lawsuit otherwise they can lose the Pokemon trademark due to not defending it.
    I can guarantee they'll file the suit-- there's a reason that Pokemon Tower Defense has such stop-and-go progress. They've file cease-and-desist orders on that a couple of times already. And then someone else picks it up to work on, and the order doesn't apply for a bit.

Nintendo likes keeping that trademark. All the money they make on it, I don't blame them too much. Suit incoming in T minus 5.

Everyone gets man cards. Besides, we didn't know he was going to have a hard-on for adorable anime animal fighting.
    Cool story bro, tell it again.

ding ding ding. Correct usage.

Cool story bro, tell it again.

ding ding ding. Correct usage.
    Too short to really be boring, and there was a point there. So, no, not really.

Too short to really be boring, and there was a point there. So, no, not really.
    Who are you to tell me if I found something boring or not?

*****, is that you?

Who are you to tell me if I found something boring or not?
    You'd have to have a REALLY short attention span to even get a bored feeling there. I mean, if I pulled a several sentence paragraph or two then I'd see what ya mean. Or hell, if I spoke like Kerry, I'd agree with ya.

You'd have to have a REALLY short attention span to even get a bored feeling there. I mean, if I pulled a several sentence paragraph or two then I'd see what ya mean. Or hell, if I spoke like Kerry, I'd agree with ya.
    I haven't slept in 36 hours. I have the attention spam of a juvenile hamster right now.

I haven't slept in 36 hours. I have the attention spam of a juvenile hamster right now.
    I did 2 weeks, once, playing nothing but StarCraft. Probably had micro-naps at the computer. So, I know how ya feel.

I did 2 weeks, once, playing nothing but StarCraft. Probably had micro-naps at the computer. So, I know how ya feel.
    Yo. I've seen partial pictures of you and stuff, so in my head I imagine you with a ginger beard and some kind of "son of a Gaelic warrior" thing going on...but 2 weeks...?

Were you at least good at it, damn.

I was, back in the day. This was Pre Brood Wars. So back when no one knew how to use recall, let alone Arbiter drops. When I first deployed them and it freaked people out and accused me of hacking.

I play a mean game of The Sims 3.

If you're gonna use the "Cool story bro" meme, you really have to know the meaning for it. It makes you look foolish without that knowledge. http://knowyourmeme.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by Knowyourmeme
    “Cool Story, Bro” is a catchphrase often seen in image macros as a sarcastic response on message boards or in comments to posts that are deemed boring, pointless or too long to read

I didn't start with any.

Clicking that link caused me to learn that "The Most Interesting Man in the World" once played a red shirt on Star Trek, and survived.
    Last edited by Jacana; 10-09-2012 at 12:29 PM.

This is the worst ******* thing I've ever seen. **** PETA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurk View Post
    Josh: You're a Brit. You can't do anything rite.
    Quote Originally Posted by To Be Somebody View Post
    Reserved for my very negative, hate-filled, prejudiced opinion on what Joshyyy said.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshyyy View Post
    This is the worst ******* thing I've ever seen. **** PETA.
    I dunno, man. Michael Vick did exactly what Pokemon does with dogs and he got in trouble. We're to accept that it's ok if the creatures are cute cartoons animals?

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden sage View Post
    I can guarantee they'll file the suit-- there's a reason that Pokemon Tower Defense has such stop-and-go progress. They've file cease-and-desist orders on that a couple of times already. And then someone else picks it up to work on, and the order doesn't apply for a bit.

Nintendo likes keeping that trademark. All the money they make on it, I don't blame them too much. Suit incoming in T minus 5.
    Is it sad that I've been playing PTD lately for the nostalgia of it? I was searching for a flash game to kill some time, and instead bumped into PTD.

Just beat Ash... makes me want to play Pokemon again.
    "Semper necessitas probandi incumbit ei qui agit."

I dunno, man. Michael Vick did exactly what Pokemon does with dogs and he got in trouble. We're to accept that it's ok if the creatures are cute cartoons animals?
    Well, Pokemon is 1. Fiction* 2. Loaded with stuff like "Pokemon are our friends that we should love and form lifelong friendships with!" 3. The Pokemon battles are presented as a type of regulated sports league where both Pokemon and trainers are considered contestants. It is also made clear that the majority of Pokemon that do participate are willing and that them and their trainers show a devotion to it. We also see Pokemon that just live with humans and help humans with stuff like cleaning the house or helping build things, etc. And those that force their Pokemon to battle unwillingly are usually social pariahs and criminals, like Team Rocket.

The battles are also clearly not a blood sport, as not a single Pokemon has ever been showed to be so injured as to be bleeding, and entertainment from the battles is not derived primarily from the infliction of injury, more the excitement of the side you like winning. They are much more comparable to boxing or wrestling, which can be quite dangerous but the idea is different from that of dog fighting and other forms of blood sport. Especially since in blood sport the injured are rarely given medical care**, whether it is a case of animal blood sport or human blood sport.

*To me it's a similar line of thinking as "kids shoot people in violent video games=ALL VIOLENT VIDEO GAMES CAUSE SERIAL KILLERS!!!1!!1!!"
    **Unless they win, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Nichts View Post
    Is it sad that I've been playing PTD lately for the nostalgia of it? I was searching for a flash game to kill some time, and instead bumped into PTD.
    WTF is PTD?

I beat it. I never would have thought of comparing Poke-Balls to forcing circus elephants to stay in undersized cages between shows.

But seriously, has even one person watched Pokemon and thought, "hey, let's get rid of the laws against **** and dog fighting!" I don't think Pokemon is actually leading to people doing what they do in the games.

Though I do remember law-abiding kids becoming thieves of each other's Pokemon cards.

Well, Pokemon is 1. Fiction* 2. Loaded with stuff like "Pokemon are our friends that we should love and form lifelong friendships with!" 3. The Pokemon battles are presented as a type of regulated sports league where both Pokemon and trainers are considered contestants. It is also made clear that the majority of Pokemon that do participate are willing and that them and their trainers show a devotion to it. We also see Pokemon that just live with humans and help humans with stuff like cleaning the house or helping build things, etc. And those that force their Pokemon to battle unwillingly are usually social pariahs and criminals, like Team Rocket.

The battles are also clearly not a blood sport, as not a single Pokemon has ever been showed to be so injured as to be bleeding, and entertainment from the battles is not derived primarily from the infliction of injury, more the excitement of the side you like winning. They are much more comparable to boxing or wrestling, which can be quite dangerous but the idea is different from that of dog fighting and other forms of blood sport. Especially since in blood sport the injured are rarely given medical care**, whether it is a case of animal blood sport or human blood sport.

*To me it's a similar line of thinking as "kids shoot people in violent video games=ALL VIOLENT VIDEO GAMES CAUSE SERIAL KILLERS!!!1!!1!!"
    **Unless they win, of course.
    So, this is similar to Kangaroo boxing? Or cockfighting?

You might as well have just said "Cool story, bro" or "TL;DR" because you clearly didn't read my post. I explicitly showed that what is seen in the Pokemon series is not a blood sport. Cockfighting is a bloodsport, and I imagine kangaroo boxing would be too, though I can't find much detail on it, admittedly I don't have much time to search at the moment.

You might, of course, also just happen to be mostly illiterate.

It's a cartoon designed for children. They can't show too much, or any, blood or the parents would rage. I read it, I just find what you're saying as more of a coverup than an attempt to realize what the show is really about.