Thread: Day 260 Dear Diary

Default Day 260 Dear Diary

Day 260

Dear Diary, something feels sort of missing in my life right now, having built up my settlement in this heathen wilderness, I've had some quite pleasant neighbours move in, a few of whom were neighbours in a previous neighbourhood. Of course my best mucker managed to nab a place right near me which has meant we've been each others' support through the rough times and the good ones... though he has a tendency to send people stuff when he gets drunk... seems alcohol makes his intentions go awry Saying that I myself am not perfect, I decided to get rid of a few things and sent some randomer my leftovers .
    Oddly enough I am sure today was meant to have some signifigance, for the life of me I can't remember what... perhaps I need someone to jog my memory? Or perhaps the rest of our little world has also forgotten? Maybe it isn't just my imagination? Or maybe I am as paranoid as they all say? I keep thinking someone is watching me... ;( Ahh well I am sure cometh the day, cometh the..... hmm... I would swear it isn't some bloke I am waiting for...
    I had a laugh earlier reading some bumf on a forum where some bloke was bragging about his rank... then I realised he meant he was ACTUALLY proud of the amount of villagers he had... seriously... then I looked at his other rankings... I had to laugh... in fact I almost had an embarrassing accident I laughed so mirthfully, thank goodness no one was able to see me, my blushes shall forever remain hidden, phew.
    Ahh well Diary, nose back to the grindstone I have spears to sharpen and food to collect for my hungry workers... I really don't mind mucking in with the common people, though just lately I have this ominous feeling that something is about to happen... it almost excites me... yet at the same time it feels like the days are stretching into infinity. Yours, Fia.

P.S. Random Travict diary entry, feel free to help journal the final days... well supposedly final days anyway...

P.P.S. "Travict" = tragic Travian addict *facepalm*

An example of what not to do when your forum gets boring.
    Forever a Utensil
    #3 attacker...s3r4
    #1 attacker...s6r4 (1.65 million attack points)(THC round won)
    best round i've played to date

Villager

anything is good

my diary for the last 260 days just says "drink beer + play travian"
    (i use it for planing and next years says the same)

am i a travict??

Villager

An example of what not to do when your forum gets boring
    An example of what not to do when your forum gets boring

I find travian gets in the way of beer drinking! Always mess up after a night in the pub lol

Quote Originally Posted by Impan View Post

I find travian gets in the way of beer drinking! Always mess up after a night in the pub lol
    You start playing and forget to drink?
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

I read the OP and then saw replies and hoped they would shed light on wtf that post was getting at. It would appear I will continue to wonder.
    us5r2: Tiamat: #1 attacker, #1 hero. had a blast.
    us5r3: Jaali: 'i refuse to be victimized by notions of virtuous behavior' -calvin. Grats to Jarwa.
    us3r4: Tempus: Official s3 idiot. herpderp.
    s6r4: Janbos. first, last and only egh.
    s2r6: Persephone/Leif Ericson: The Funtards and divorce are a B****
    s2r7: ?

Quote Originally Posted by Eudaimonia View Post
    Birds fly, dogs bark, wookie smash. Such is life.

I think the OP wanted to run a thread a la Tinasilna's story thread (don't know where that is, but this one was handy: http://forum.travian.us/showthread.p...n-has-sympathy), but wanted others to actually contribute to the thread instead of doing all the write himself.

edit: found the journals....funny I just had to remember how to make the search function work!

http://forum.travian.us/showthread.p...67-T-s-Journal
    http://forum.travian.us/showthread.p...-s-new-Journal

Can has sympathy will make much more sense once you have read the journal.
    Last edited by Flossie Schmumpus; 10-12-2012 at 04:26 PM.
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

I think she was having a laugh and pointing out it was day 260 and the WW's hadn't arrived (references to missing something, the day having significance, feeling sommething is about to happen etc)

Could be, but she should continue sharing her diary meanderings....would make the forum a bit more interesting.

How long are we expecting these WW villes to stay banned?

From past experience on T3.6 servers it could be a couple weeks......
    us8 Lanie - Lanie
    us3r3 - Horse
    us6r3 - Puzzle TR/RTA Puzzle Hammer
    us3r4 - GOB (another massive Gaul anvil) - Winners
    us6r4 - Satans Choice - THC http://travian-reports.net/us/report/1905565bba5
    us7r3 - Chuckles - Stooges http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2106816d1bd
    us2r6 - Bonzi - Tueton anvil, not recommended if you like to raid.

Lolololololol *cough*

I forgot about 3.6 servers not having wonders until they pop. Been on 4.0 for a while now.

[howimetyourmother] *sniff* sorry bro....
    us5r2: Tiamat: #1 attacker, #1 hero. had a blast.
    us5r3: Jaali: 'i refuse to be victimized by notions of virtuous behavior' -calvin. Grats to Jarwa.
    us3r4: Tempus: Official s3 idiot. herpderp.
    s6r4: Janbos. first, last and only egh.
    s2r6: Persephone/Leif Ericson: The Funtards and divorce are a B****
    s2r7: ?

Quote Originally Posted by Eudaimonia View Post
    Birds fly, dogs bark, wookie smash. Such is life.

Quote Originally Posted by Durinmaleus View Post
    Lolololololol *cough*

I forgot about 3.6 servers not having wonders until they pop. Been on 4.0 for a while now.

[howimetyourmother] *sniff* sorry bro....
    WTF?

Does anyone know what is the purpose behind identifying the Natar villages, but having them remained banned for an indiscriminate period of time? Why aren't they released and available immediately, or after 24hrs? And why isn't it the same server to server?
    s8r1 The_Goat R&F
    s3r3 rawhide First EGH
    s2r4 peacemaker (sim account)
    s3r4 hazzard big bada boom
    s3r5 worthy cause Quit Like a *****

T4 version, the ww villages are never banned. They can be taken at any time. Thats what Durin meant by 4.0. And they spawn at the beginning of server.
    us8 Lanie - Lanie
    us3r3 - Horse

I actually like the randomness of the t3.6 servers, it is less of a set play.

Quote Originally Posted by Flossie Schmumpus View Post
    I actually like the randomness of the t3.6 servers, it is less of a set play.
    yes me too. We used to do it like this in the uk. Then someone must have moaned about it and we got told what date they would come out and be unbanned. Not what time, but just the date. Shame really. Anyway, our old server (uk3) is currently in endgame with two WW's being built. No one is posting levels or attacks or anything. It is now a terrible server.

Honestly, I wish they put the randomness of WW villages in T4. Having them all in the center is weird. They're too close to each other. Making them random would be better. Keeping them unbanned is fine but spreading them out would be a great idea.
    us8 Lanie - Lanie
    us3r3 - Horse

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus. View Post
    yes me too. We used to do it like this in the uk. Then someone must have moaned about it and we got told what date they would come out and be unbanned. Not what time, but just the date. Shame really. Anyway, our old server (uk3) is currently in endgame with two WW's being built. No one is posting levels or attacks or anything. It is now a terrible server.
    I am also anti arti, all of the changes they have wrought tend to guide people into a certain style of play where really only one goal is acceptable....I loved the pre arti servers, where we had free play for so much longer and we only got together at the end of a server to build and smash sandcastles to end the server so we could start over with a clean slate. Now with all the preformed alliances and directed game play, it just is not the same, the freedom is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Flossie Schmumpus View Post
    I am also anti arti, all of the changes they have wrought tend to guide people into a certain style of play where really only one goal is acceptable....I loved the pre arti servers, where we had free play for so much longer and we only got together at the end of a server to build and smash sandcastles to end the server so we could start over with a clean slate. Now with all the preformed alliances and directed game play, it just is not the same, the freedom is gone.
    The better your account, the more freedom you have. But yeah, I get it. I can actually predict the unban/spawn times for just about any server I play. It will be between the hours of 2am-5am and will fall on whatever night my girlfriend has deemed "date night".
    Forever a Utensil
    #3 attacker...s3r4

Villager

well if you only play one server and avoid speed
    you only miss one shag per year

As I'm sure any married/committed man can tell you, the events of a single evening can affect multiple evenings to come.
    Forever a Utensil
    #3 attacker...s3r4

Villager

yep like the evening when my lass eventually realises that i am staying in germany
    hope i miss that one

Dear Diary, the beer is gone, the girl is gone, and all I have left is my van down by the river. Can someone please spare me a large caliber bullet?

P.S. Someone needs to remind me before next round starts, that I need to buy moor brew than I did at the start of this round. Spent all my money on gold, and although that is a good thing, the lack of beers is giving me the DT's... g'night diary
    US3-R3: LordOChaos (SI-2) Rookie; US3-R4: fifi (the dual); US3-R5: LordOChaos (Demons)
    US3-R8: Questionable
    US2-R5: LordOChaos (BACON)
    COM3: A Dual
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    God forbid you used any of my advice (shiver) - that would be fatal!
    That's my secret, I am always angry. Bruce Banner

Dear Diary,

It has been many months now that this server has dragged on. The monotony has overwhelmed the once exhilarating thrill of killing pixel people. This is the worst account I have ever had, even worse than the first one I had as a noob with no gold. Oh holy heck... the boredom is so thick there is a heaviness in my brain and in my heart. I hope some one wakes me up to tell me the Angels won and the server is over. <end rant>
    http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...39am_18fec.jpg

s1r4: Basement Dog, TRU
    s1r3: AngelicRampage, oNE-RA
    s3r2: Elfkin/Strait Scuba, QOD
    s3r3: Omamba, Nemesis
    s3r4: Insomnia, Nemesis
    s3r5 Cookie Monster, Nemesis

Quote Originally Posted by Elfkin View Post
    Dear Diary,

It has been many months now that this server has dragged on. The monotony has overwhelmed the once exhilarating thrill of killing pixel people. This is the worst account I have ever had, even worse than the first one I had as a noob with no gold. Oh holy heck... the boredom is so thick there is a heaviness in my brain and in my heart. I hope some one wakes me up to tell me the Angels won and the server is over. <end rant>

"Cookie monster reinforcements ready..... who said the war was over...!!!!!"
    Iím not good-looking. I used to be but not anymore. Not like Robert Taylor. What I have got is I have character in my face. Itís taken an awful lot of late nights and drinking to put it there. When I go to work in a picture, I say, ĎDonít take the lines out of my face. Leave them there'

Dear Mom,

I know you told me to go out and find a girlfriend, goto better places than the sports bar next door in the middle of the day to drink corona all day, and stop playing the stupid travian game. As this server winds down I may have to take your advice. Normally, I can justify the time spent on travian hitting on the few good looking women on the server and getting their noodz. This server lacked severely lacked players with backbones and then just severely lacked players. Unfortunately the lack of players has resulted in a lack of hot chicks and I have not received one nood this whole server. Not one god damn nood. Soon it may be time for your favorite son to spread his wings and fly.
    Last edited by Sith; 10-21-2012 at 10:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sith View Post
    Dear Mom,

I know you told me to go out and find a girlfriend, goto better places than the sports bar next door in the middle of the day to drink corona all day, and stop playing the stupid travian game. As this server winds down I may have to take your advice. Normally, I can justify the time spent on travian hitting on the few good looking women on the server and getting their noodz. This server lacked severely lacked players with backbones and then just severely players. Unfortunately the lack of players has resulted in a lack of hot chicks and I have not received one nood this whole server. Not one god damn nood. Soon it may be time for your favorite son to spread his wings and fly.
    Dear Sith, Have no idea who you are, don't know you at all, but I feel your pain poor soul. I would hate to see you finishing this round without at least one nod. Hugs n kisses.

Quote Originally Posted by blue dolphin View Post
    Dear Sith, Have no idea who you are, don't know you at all, but I feel your pain poor soul. I would hate to see you finishing this round without at least one nod. Hugs n kisses.
    I am just some garbage player on this server. No worries there. I appreciate your empathy and if you know any good looking women on the server let me know. It's late, but not too late for the noodz.