Thread: Deja Vu

Philosopher Principal Brian Lewis's Avatar

Default Deja Vu

I've recently stumbled upon an anonymous online forum, where new people got power, so they banned fun and everyone hated it.

Discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotmilk View Post
    I've recently stumbled upon an anonymous online forum, where new people got power, so they banned fun and everyone hated it.

Discuss.

The country with the world's longest official name

The new mods are wonderful.

Banned.

TBH, I've been here for quite a few mod changes and have never seen such dismay and user uproar as I have this time.

If any admins are actually reading this and care to take a point I'm making knowing me to not only be a troll, but someone with some actual insight every here and there, that would be the sentiment to take away from this transition.

I would ask who got banned for "fun," but discussing bans is against the rules.

I do think things got out of hand in T&P.

I remember a time when rule enforcement was considerably stricter than it was until recently.
    I no longer check reputation regularly. If you want to leave feedback, please PM me.

So punish everone for lack of moderation. What does moderation mean? Why come here with inexperianced mods and lower the boom. Remember failcake, shaynayney and others. All promised they were going to be good mods, then just failed like all before. In a place where opinions and feelings are dicussed and curant culture, I think a certain amount of leeway needs be availble for it work. Protecting babies who know darn well they are making themselves targets do not help anything nor them.
    Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach
    Stop tooting on flutes and go read a book.

Banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifforo View Post
    I would ask who got banned for "fun," but discussing bans is against the rules.

I do think things got out of hand in T&P.

I remember a time when rule enforcement was considerably stricter than it was until recently.
    Case in point, mods. This kid claims to have graduated from Ivy League colleges and still can't read.

How do you expect people to leave this kid alone, this kid who can't tell the difference between banning for fun and banning fun.

Pointing out his dumbiosity can only serve to help him in the real world by either teaching him not to brag about his supposedly superior schooling when he can't comprehend a simple sentence or just to keep his mouth shut and not prove what people are already thinking about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Quinn View Post
    In a place where opinions and feelings are dicussed and curant culture, I think a certain amount of leeway needs be availble for it work.
    I agree with what this post appears to be saying. I think that mods understand this.
    I no longer check reputation regularly. If you want to leave feedback, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    TBH, I've been here for quite a few mod changes and have never seen such dismay and user uproar as I have this time.
    It's 'cause Nichts is Canadian and I'm Britlander. Though I tried to make up for it with my messings with the rep system.

On a srs note, this is probably because T&P in particularly has had a big mod change. I've not seen it before where it goes from 3 mods who've been doing T&P forever to having 2 new ones almost immediately. Things were always going to go tits up for a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurk View Post
    Josh: You're a Brit. You can't do anything rite.
    Quote Originally Posted by To Be Somebody View Post
    Reserved for my very negative, hate-filled, prejudiced opinion on what Joshyyy said.

People need time to adjust.

One of the many flaws of being human.

Banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshyyy View Post
    On a srs note, this is probably because T&P in particularly has had a big mod change. I've not seen it before where it goes from 3 mods who've been doing T&P forever to having 2 new ones almost immediately. Things were always going to go tits up for a bit.
    Bring back Joshyyy.

The guy just plain gets it.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinLocks View Post
    People need time to adjust.

One of the many flaws of being human.
    Well, hurry up and adjust your flawed human butt.

I am human?

I am human?
    Issue 1 with the new mod appointments: you should ONLY ever hire modbots. None of this human crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurk View Post
    Josh: You're a Brit. You can't do anything rite.
    Quote Originally Posted by To Be Somebody View Post
    Reserved for my very negative, hate-filled, prejudiced opinion on what Joshyyy said.

Banned.

I am human?

Quote Originally Posted by Joshyyy View Post
    It's 'cause Nichts is Canadian and I'm Britlander. Though I tried to make up for it with my messings with the rep system.

I miss you being in charge. You always understood my sniggers.

Philosopher Principal Brian Lewis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    Bring back Joshyyy.

The guy just plain gets it.
    I would like to sign this petition. If everyone donates one pikachu, I believe we could make it happen.