Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 122

Thread: Will Palin REALLY be America's next VP?

  1. #1
    Philosopher Nickster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Saskatchewan
    Posts
    1,725

    Default Will Palin REALLY be America's next VP?

    Read this and post your opinions about it, will Palin be America's next Vice President?

    Also: Palin's VP acceptance speech. (Note: Make sure you have Pop-up blocker turned off when you open the 2nd link, since the video will appear in a pop-up)

    (And of course McCain is President)


    Nickster, Pissing off Eastern Canadians since 1995.

    Quote Originally Posted by Theo View Post
    I hate you, Taranis. Can't even let me have my fun.


    90% of teens today would die if Myspace was completely destroyed. If you are one of the 10% that would be laughing, copy and paste this to your signature.

    Live forum live!

  2. #2

    Default

    This thread is useless without pix:





    HOT

  3. #3
    Philosopher Soulbourne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Managing the resources of The Legion
    Posts
    4,822

    Default

    Palin...I think you were talking about a guy who goes around in a white winter dress throwing around fireballs with a staff wielded by some of the greatest people ever. I would go further but someone might kill me.
    I'm very low on time, expect extended inactivity. But expect me to still retain many of my traits should I return.

    I welcome fellow knowledge seekers with open arms, be it that they seek singular knowledge, or all fields, may our differences but strengthen our knowledge further.

  4. #4
    Philosopher tiiger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    On the beach
    Posts
    4,454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nickster View Post
    Read this and post your opinions about it, will Palin be America's next Vice President?

    Also: Palin's VP acceptance speech. (Note: Make sure you have Pop-up blocker turned off when you open the 2nd link, since the video will appear in a pop-up)

    (And of course McCain is President)



    what about if Obama were to win the presidency.


    Can you lead your llama to the drama?

  5. #5
    Philosopher Jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Davis, CA
    Posts
    13,219

    Default

    Palin's speech was pretty amazing...loved her digs on the media

    Cold state, hot governor. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    OMG, Wodey found a woman who agrees with him. He must be right, cos all women are always right all the time.

  6. #6
    Philosopher Jacana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Solving Agatha Christie's problems.
    Posts
    11,514

    Default

    Well John McCain is really old...

    So if he wins and dies in office, we would have our first female President.

  7. #7
    Philosopher Nortac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    S&T!
    Posts
    7,960

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soulbourne View Post
    Palin...I think you were talking about a guy who goes around in a white winter dress throwing around fireballs with a staff wielded by some of the greatest people ever. I would go further but someone might kill me.
    well, unless there's more about Palin I've yet to discover, I don't see why you couldn't go on ahead.

  8. #8
    Philosopher Nichts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    USS Yorktown
    Posts
    11,751

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stupidus View Post
    HOT
    Some redneck said the same about her daughter, and now he's the most famous redneck in America.

  9. #9
    Philosopher Soulbourne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Managing the resources of The Legion
    Posts
    4,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nortac View Post
    well, unless there's more about Palin I've yet to discover, I don't see why you couldn't go on ahead.
    Uhhh....no comment....Not sure how far I can go to answer that.
    I'm very low on time, expect extended inactivity. But expect me to still retain many of my traits should I return.

    I welcome fellow knowledge seekers with open arms, be it that they seek singular knowledge, or all fields, may our differences but strengthen our knowledge further.

  10. #10
    Philosopher Stargate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    5,834

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nichts View Post
    Some redneck said the same about her daughter, and now he's the most famous redneck in America.
    EXACTLY.
    I are teh troll.

  11. #11

    Default

    The US elections is so much based on useless information. The day the US, can vote for someone like (below), is the day it can seriously be taken. WTH does being a POW got to do with leading a nation - NOTHING.




  12. #12
    Philosopher Nortac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    S&T!
    Posts
    7,960

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soulbourne View Post
    Uhhh....no comment....Not sure how far I can go to answer that.
    well, okay... But this thread's about America, not Ansalon, so...

    *leaves, as he will in no way contribute to the actual discussion*

  13. #13
    Artisan Artavios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    In your closet
    Posts
    606

    Default

    I kinda hope thatpalin wins but if she does then we will have to get a new governor...She's good and that would be terrible if we got some cruddy democrat as our next governor
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordy View Post
    Son, I will beat you with a stick.

    Lordy you animal!!!

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    What do I put here?

  14. #14
    Philosopher Jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Davis, CA
    Posts
    13,219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Artavios View Post
    I kinda hope thatpalin wins but if she does then we will have to get a new governor...She's good and that would be terrible if we got some cruddy democrat as our next governor
    A democrat could do fine. The party that someone is in doesn't say anything about how good they will be as presidents.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    OMG, Wodey found a woman who agrees with him. He must be right, cos all women are always right all the time.

  15. #15
    Philosopher JeffSpade's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Somewhere in the infinite muttle that is our beloved internet.
    Posts
    2,797

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stupidus View Post
    This thread is useless without pix:





    HOT
    sorry to tell ya, different people. Look at the eye shape and eye brows.

    In other news, she is a bit old for my tastes, and Palin is hated by her own party and only has 60% approval rateing in a state with a pop smaller than Louiseville
    Every now and then I re-read a post I made and think, "My Kentucky is showing through"

    -JeffSpade

  16. #16
    Philosopher Bananas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    In someones mouth
    Posts
    1,952

    Default

    Republicans are dumb

    Democrats rule

    Obama wins

    End of story


  17. #17

    Default

    I personally despise Palin, at first I was neutral, just didn't like her because she seemed inexperianced and a token pick for mccain. . . but regardless, shes a total milf.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hindill View Post
    You are as the Devil, you twist God's words to your own meaning
    Quote Originally Posted by Marduk View Post
    Congradulations. . . . . . . you showed just how stupid you are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marduk View Post
    You must be ******.

  18. #18
    Philosopher Soulbourne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Managing the resources of The Legion
    Posts
    4,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Artavios View Post
    I kinda hope thatpalin wins but if she does then we will have to get a new governor...She's good and that would be terrible if we got some cruddy democrat as our next governor
    So, your Alaskan?
    I'm very low on time, expect extended inactivity. But expect me to still retain many of my traits should I return.

    I welcome fellow knowledge seekers with open arms, be it that they seek singular knowledge, or all fields, may our differences but strengthen our knowledge further.

  19. #19
    Merchant Kenziedad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    in a chair
    Posts
    1,427

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JeffSpade View Post
    In other news, she is a bit old for my tastes, and Palin is hated by her own party and only has 60% approval rateing in a state with a pop smaller than Louiseville
    First, it seemed she got bigger applause from her own party than McCain did.

    Second, I thought she had 80% approval rating.

    Third, all three of the other candidates are members of the US senate. If you multiply the approval rating of the Senate by 3 (once for each), Palin's 60% approval rating is still higher than all of it combined!
    un-Retired

    s2r4: Spear Factory - Storm

  20. #20
    Merchant Cheesecow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I AM semi ACTIVE!
    Posts
    1,254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by I like bananas View Post
    Republicans are dumb

    Democrats rule

    Obama wins

    End of story

    I'm afraid of getting hated on by the mods for swearing at you in el espaņol, so I'm going to say it outright... Your a stupid, arrogant idiot with no good opinion to offer.



    P.S. Palin's not hot...

  21. #21
    Philosopher Bananas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    In someones mouth
    Posts
    1,952

    Default

    Obama FTW

    ALL Democrats RULE!

  22. #22
    Tradesperson Kratos's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    402

    Default

    Lincoln is on the $5 bill

    Ben Franklin is on the $100

    If Obama is elected he'll end up on the food stamp


    Oh does that certain democrat that spoke against Obama at the Republican convention rock?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nichts View Post
    Also crannys only go up to level 20
    Quote Originally Posted by jcrabb09 View Post
    Too bad theres not a idiot check available, that might help

  23. #23
    Philosopher ruby.red.roses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    in your head, stealing your smarties.
    Posts
    2,880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by I like bananas View Post
    Obama FTW

    ALL Democrats RULE!
    Isn't that sort of a limited view on an entire party filled with lots of different people who don't all function with the same brain?

  24. #24
    Philosopher Nichts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    USS Yorktown
    Posts
    11,751

    Default

    McCain: "... Sarah Palin..."
    Palin's husband, thinking: "At least he's not Clinton. I hope."

  25. #25
    Philosopher Nickster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Saskatchewan
    Posts
    1,725

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ruby.red.roses View Post
    Isn't that sort of a limited view on an entire party filled with lots of different people who don't all function with the same brain?
    That's what I was thinking too....

    I was never fond of the Democrats, especially Al Hypocrite Gore & John Kerry.
    Nickster, Pissing off Eastern Canadians since 1995.

    Quote Originally Posted by Theo View Post
    I hate you, Taranis. Can't even let me have my fun.


    90% of teens today would die if Myspace was completely destroyed. If you are one of the 10% that would be laughing, copy and paste this to your signature.

    Live forum live!

  26. #26
    Tradesperson Kratos's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    402

    Default

    The Canadians know what they're talking about! People fromn ohio don't though

    Except maybe Nichts...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nichts View Post
    Also crannys only go up to level 20
    Quote Originally Posted by jcrabb09 View Post
    Too bad theres not a idiot check available, that might help

  27. #27
    Philosopher Bananas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    In someones mouth
    Posts
    1,952

    Default

    I felt like creating drama

  28. #28
    Banned.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Standing in Texas. Looking Badass.
    Posts
    2,865

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by I like bananas View Post
    I felt like creating drama
    Called trolling.

  29. #29
    Philosopher Bananas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    In someones mouth
    Posts
    1,952

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jomaravar View Post
    Called trolling.
    Trolling FTW then!

    along with obama of course


  30. #30
    Philosopher Soulbourne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Managing the resources of The Legion
    Posts
    4,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jomaravar View Post
    Called trolling.
    Except when I do it: That's known as manipulation of the mass psyche.
    I'm very low on time, expect extended inactivity. But expect me to still retain many of my traits should I return.

    I welcome fellow knowledge seekers with open arms, be it that they seek singular knowledge, or all fields, may our differences but strengthen our knowledge further.

  31. #31
    Philosopher Mr.Hero17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Northrend
    Posts
    4,090

    Default

    I hope to high hell she dosen't, completely unqualified in my opinion and since she and McCain are conservative Christians her values run completely counter to my own.

  32. #32
    Philosopher Soulbourne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Managing the resources of The Legion
    Posts
    4,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Hero17 View Post
    I hope to high hell she dosen't, completely unqualified in my opinion and since she and McCain are conservative Christians her values run completely counter to my own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Specific opposite
    YA, LET'S GO BURN STUFF, PILLAGE, AND ****!!! WOOHOO!!! LET'S SLAUGHTER THE CHILDREN AND ENSLAVE THE WOMEN!!! What? Yeah, I play Teuton, only farms don't. Dude, they have the strongest defense of all the races!!! No I haven't researched, they just are that awesome

    The travian reference was a bit much, but I had to target specific values often shared by both ends since you said completely counter.
    I'm very low on time, expect extended inactivity. But expect me to still retain many of my traits should I return.

    I welcome fellow knowledge seekers with open arms, be it that they seek singular knowledge, or all fields, may our differences but strengthen our knowledge further.

  33. #33
    Philosopher Nortac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    S&T!
    Posts
    7,960

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by I like bananas View Post
    Obama FTW

    ALL Democrats RULE!
    Quote Originally Posted by ruby.red.roses View Post
    Isn't that sort of a limited view on an entire party filled with lots of different people who don't all function with the same brain?
    /agree with Ruby

  34. #34
    Consul Lurk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Midwest U.S.
    Posts
    5,574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecow View Post
    I'm afraid of getting hated on by the mods for swearing at you in el espaņol...
    I speak Spanish. Fluently.

    Careful.

    Qui tacet consentire videtur, ubi loqui debuit ac potuit.

    [7:32 AM] Jason (Al Bundy raidslave): Who the **** loses an arti to 18 phalanx
    [7:32 AM] Old Timer US1: The same faction that loses one to 66 legos

  35. #35
    Merchant Phycohb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Stabbing With Paste
    Posts
    1,013

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nichts View Post
    McCain: "... Sarah Palin..."
    Palin's husband, thinking: "At least he's not Clinton. I hope."


    His epic Fail of a assupmtion :P as we all KNOW almost every president in history has had at least 1 affair

    this also gives people less reason to assassinate him, if there anti-female president ( varius groups around the nation would HATE to have a female president )
    The Mad Paste stabber strikes again!

  36. #36
    Philosopher Soulbourne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Managing the resources of The Legion
    Posts
    4,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phycohb View Post
    His epic Fail of a assupmtion :P as we all KNOW almost every president in history has had at least 1 affair

    this also gives people less reason to assassinate him, if there anti-female president ( varius groups around the nation would HATE to have a female president )
    Even George Washington?
    I'm very low on time, expect extended inactivity. But expect me to still retain many of my traits should I return.

    I welcome fellow knowledge seekers with open arms, be it that they seek singular knowledge, or all fields, may our differences but strengthen our knowledge further.

  37. #37
    Philosopher Taranis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    4,507

    Default

    Well we are either going to have an African American president, or a woman Vice President, so either way, it is history in the making. =)

    -Taranis
    R.I.P. Signature Image
    Created by Burton

    "Veni, vidi, vici." -Julius Caesar

  38. #38
    Tradesperson Kratos's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Hero17 View Post
    I hope to high hell she dosen't, completely unqualified in my opinion and since she and McCain are conservative Christians her values run completely counter to my own.
    Shes not qualified? She has ran a family, a City, and a State. Whats Obama ran? An episode of Oprah
    Quote Originally Posted by Nichts View Post
    Also crannys only go up to level 20
    Quote Originally Posted by jcrabb09 View Post
    Too bad theres not a idiot check available, that might help

  39. #39
    Philosopher Bananas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    In someones mouth
    Posts
    1,952

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Hero17 View Post
    I hope to high hell she dosen't, completely unqualified in my opinion and since she and McCain are conservative Christians her values run completely counter to my own.
    QFT.

  40. #40
    Philosopher Taranis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    4,507

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    Shes not qualified? She has ran a family, a City, and a State. Whats Obama ran? An episode of Oprah
    The biggest issue is that many other countries will view the United States as being weak for having a female in that high a position of power. Women are still viewed as second class citizens in many Eastern cultures especially, and that is not going to help us any.

    And no, I do not think that we would be weak for having her, this is simply a comment on what other countries may think given the situation. Women in the U.S. have a lot more rights and standing than in other countries, and that is just an unfortunate fact.

    -Taranis
    R.I.P. Signature Image
    Created by Burton

    "Veni, vidi, vici." -Julius Caesar

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •