Thread: Can you read this? (moved spam)

Default Can you read this? (moved spam)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfjack View Post
    Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosnít mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe

but of course i can point you to some people who have spent days and weeks on why the above statement is false. which is why i look at grammar freaks and think to myself...i might be freakishly ocd. but thank god i am not them.... now i just got to reset my clock four more times and i am good.
    Oh, I've read that passage before somewhere.... ^^

Quote Originally Posted by wolfjack View Post
    Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosnít mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe
    If that's true, then I challange anybody in this forum to read this:

"ilabirnavy, teh gnareel pbuilc wlil aklwgecone taht ldciuruos iades wlil awyals mtorephsmoae itno lgimttaiee afiftraimons wehn egnouh ipumnedrt smmaerps rivceee tiehr miitphec caihn ltetres."

Quote Originally Posted by conquerer7 View Post

"ilabirnavy, teh gnareel pbuilc wlil aklwgecone taht ldciuruos iades wlil awyals mtorephsmoae itno lgimttaiee afiftraimons wehn egnouh ipumnedrt smmaerps rivceee tiehr miitphec caihn ltetres."
    I can read it...

Invariably, the general public will acknowledge that ludicrous ideas will always metamorphose into legitimate affirmations when enough impudent spammers receive their mephitic chain letters.

At last that's what I think it is. The only one that gave me trouble was mephitic, I never knew that word prior to looking it up just now. The rest of it was easy. Though not as easy as the earlier statement.
    Veteran on s3

Quote Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
    Invariably, the general public will acknowledge that ludicrous ideas will always metamorphose into legitimate affirmations when enough impudent spammers receive their mephitic chain letters.

At last that's what I think it is. The only one that gave me trouble was mephitic, I never knew that word prior to looking it up just now. The rest of it was easy. Though not as easy as the earlier statement.
    That's because the statement is only true when it comes to words that you expect. There is some truth behind the statement, but only because when reading, the human brain has a tendency to "guess" the words that are coming based on the rest of the discussion. This "guess" makes the un-scrambling a lot easier. That is why words like "invariably", "mephitic", and "metamorphose" take a second glance, because that poster used words that no sane person says every day.

If those three words were in your REGULAR vocabulary, you would recognize them quite quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Lykaeus View Post
    That's because the statement is only true when it comes to words that you expect. There is some truth behind the statement, but only because when reading, the human brain has a tendency to "guess" the words that are coming based on the rest of the discussion. This "guess" makes the un-scrambling a lot easier. That is why words like "invariably", "mephitic", and "metamorphose" take a second glance, because that poster used words that no sane person says every day.

If those three words were in your REGULAR vocabulary, you would recognize them quite quickly.
    "invariably" and "metamorphose" are my regular vocabulary. But "mephitic"...

I honestly don't think I've ever even heard the word mephitic ever before. Fun word though... I learned something from travian today!

*Goes home* "Hello darling, well aren't you just mephitic tonight?"

I honestly don't think I've ever even heard the word mephitic ever before. Fun word though... I learned something from travian today!

Lol!!! That's funny ^^

I am nowhere, as I do not exist. P.S. Santa is Chasing My Non-Existent Self

Wasn't that the thing that Ronin or Conquerer kept posting over and over again in ever thread?
    "Your choice is who you choose to be, and if you're causing no harm then you're alright with me."
    - Ben Harper

Someplace interesting... just not where you think is interesting

Oh dear... that would just be mean... especially if "darling" didn't know "mephitic"... I might just have to use this one now ^_^
    "You cannot simutaneously prevent and prepare for war"
    - Albert Einstein
    "Politics is war without bloodshed while war is politics with bloodshed."
    - Mao Tse-Tung
    "Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. "
    - Will Rogers

i dont get what these big kids say
    *somethingsomethinglegaldisclaimer*
    Modzing!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Evil View Post
    I'm not really a girl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flossie Schmumpus View Post
    No, Flossie was naughty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Evil View Post
    I am feeling naughty
    Quote Originally Posted by Flossie Schmumpus View Post
    Mmmmm, good enough to make me want to stop being a good girl.
    ****It's fortress
    Quote Originally Posted by Woden View Post
    ^ Note the lack of capitalization.

Quote Originally Posted by CatterLee View Post

but of course i can point you to some people who have spent days and weeks on why the above statement is false. which is why i look at grammar freaks and think to myself...i might be freakishly ocd. but thank god i am not them.... now i just got to reset my clock four more times and i am good.
    Oh, I've read that passage before somewhere.... ^^
    It is very easy to read

Quote Originally Posted by Latone View Post
    Oh dear... that would just be mean... especially if "darling" didn't know "mephitic"... I might just have to use this one now ^_^
    A lot of people in my P.E. class don't know what "confounded" means, so I use that word a lot

Quote Originally Posted by CatterLee View Post
    A lot of people in my P.E. class don't know what "confounded" means, so I use that word a lot
    And they're confounded at your use of it

Quote Originally Posted by Narodnik View Post
    And they're confounded at your use of it
    Yuppy yup They don't even bother looking it up in a dictionary or something...

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Wasn't that the thing that Ronin or Conquerer kept posting over and over again in ever thread?
    Huh? I've only seen this thing twice...no, thrice...maybe 4 times in my life.

I am nowhere, as I do not exist. P.S. Santa is Chasing My Non-Existent Self

Huh? I've only seen this thing twice...no, thrice...maybe 4 times in my life.
    Okay, it must have been ronin.
    "Your choice is who you choose to be, and if you're causing no harm then you're alright with me."
    - Ben Harper