Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goodbye Jed

Default Goodbye Jed

hpzum.jpg

Many of you are too new to the forum to probably even know Jed's name, but for those that aren't I'm sorry to say that he passed away this morning after struggling for several months with bone cancer.

Above is a picture of him just a few days ago, on Christmas day.

Apologies for making such a sad post, but given he's been my very image (avatar) on here I wanted to give an update.

Truly one of the best dogs there ever was

|Travian Manual|Forum Rules|Server Rules|
    "Veni, Vidi, Victus sum"

Very sad for your loss Fighter, take solace in the fact that he's no longer suffering.
    Roses are red; violets are blue. I shagged your girl; maybe tomorrow you can to.

I'm so sorry for your lost Fighter.

I'm sorry for your loss. It is hard to say goodbye to a beloved companion, even when the end comes as a relief of pain.
    And now I'll tell you what's against us, an art that's lived for centuries. Go through the years and you will find what's blackened all of history. Against us is the law with its immensity of strength and power - against us is the law! Police know how to make a man a guilty or an innocent. Against us is the power of police! The shameless lies that men have told will ever more be paid in gold - against us is the power of the gold! Against us is racial hatred and the simple fact that we are poor.
    - The Ballad of Sacco and Vanzetti, Joan Baez

What a drag, feel for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

"We are going to die. And that makes us the lucky ones. Most people are never going to die because they are never going to be born."

~ Richard Dawkins

My condolences for your loss
    Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.

Sorry for your loss, our animal companions are loved family members. Cherish the memories you have with him. *HUG*
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

Sorry to hear about losing Jed, Fighter. All of us who have pets understand your sadness. His pain is over now, and that is good.

That's awful. Sorry for your loss.
    But try to remember the good times.
    MokMonster does not support, condone or agree with anything written in this post.
    Any suggestions to the contrary are purely unintentional.
    (Unless you agreed with it -- then I totally said it)

Thanks guys =)

"Veni, Vidi, Victus sum"

Among your myelinating glia-oligodendrocytes

Quote Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
    Sorry to hear about losing Jed, Fighter. All of us who have pets understand your sadness. His pain is over now, and that is good.
    ^this

I'm so sorry Jamie

Awwww... My kitty died of breast cancer a couple years back, so I know that sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshyyy View Post
    There is some serious misquoting potential above.
    The rep system should be abolished.

Consul

Very sad. You have my condolences.

A good quote for a time like now:

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."
    ~ Dr. Seuss (though disputed as the source)

So sorry to hear about your loss.

He lives in your heart now, and he waits for you at the rainbow bridge

Eugene O'Neill wrote this and I have returned to read it when I lose a four legged family member

I, SILVERDENE EMBLEM O'NEILL (familiarly known to my family, friends, and acquaintances as Blemie), because the burden of my years and infirmities is heavy upon me, and I realize the end of my life is near, do hereby bury my last will and testament in the mind of my Master. He will not know it is there until after I am dead. Then, remembering me in his loneliness, he will suddenly know of this testament, and I ask him then to inscribe it as a memorial to me.

I have little in the way of material things to leave. Dogs are wiser than men. They do not set great store upon things. They do not waste their days hoarding property. They do not ruin their sleep worrying about how to keep the objects they have, and to obtain the objects they have not. There is nothing of value I have to bequeath except my love and my faith. These I leave to all those who have loved me, to my Master and Mistress, who I know will mourn me most, to Freeman who has been so good to me, to Cyn and Roy and Willie and Naomi and -- But if I should list all those who have loved me, it would force my Master to write a book. Perhaps it is vain of me to boast when I am so near death, which returns all beasts and vanities to dust, but I have always been an extremely lovable dog.

I ask my Master and Mistress to remember me always, but not to grieve for me too long. In my life I have tried to be a comfort to them in time of sorrow, and a reason for added joy in their happiness. It is painful for me to think that even in death I should cause them pain. Let them remember that while no dog has ever had a happier life (and this I owe to their love and care for me), now that I have grown blind and deaf and lame, and even my sense of smell fails me so that a rabbit could be right under my nose and I might not know, my pride has sunk to a sick, bewildered humiliation. I feel life is taunting me with having over-lingered my welcome. It is time I said good-bye, before I become too sick a burden on myself and on those who love me. It will be sorrow to leave them, but not a sorrow to die. Dogs do not fear death as men do. We accept it as part of life, not as something alien and terrible which destroys life. What may come after death, who knows? I would like to believe with those of my fellow Dalmatians who are devout Mohammedans, that there is a Paradise where one is always young and full-bladdered; where all the day one dillies and dallies with an amorous multitude of houris, beautifully spotted; where jack rabbits that run fast but not too fast (like the houris) are as the sands of the desert; where each blissful hour is mealtime; where in long evenings there are a million fireplaces with logs forever burning, and one curls oneself up and blinks into the flames and nods and dreams, remembering the old brave days on earth, and the love of one's Master and Mistress.

I am afraid this is too much for even such a dog as I am to expect. But peace, at least, is certain. Peace and long rest for weary old heart and head and limbs, and eternal sleep in the earth I have loved so well. Perhaps, after all, this is best.

One last request I earnestly make. I have heard my Mistress say, "When Blemie dies we must never have another dog. I love him so much I could never love another one." Now I would ask her, for love of me, to have another. It would be a poor tribute to my memory never to have a dog again. What I would like to feel is that, having once had me in the family, now she cannot live without a dog! I have never had a narrow jealous spirit. I have always held that most dogs are good (and one cat, the black one I have permitted to share the living room rug during the evenings, whose affection I have tolerated in a kindly spirit, and in rare sentimental moods, even reciprocated a trifle). Some dogs, of course, are better than others. Dalmatians, naturally, as everyone knows, are best. So I suggest a Dalmatian as my successor. He can hardly be as well bred or as well mannered or as distinguished and handsome as I was in my prime. My Master and Mistress must not ask the impossible. But he will do his best, I am sure, and even his inevitable defects will help by comparison to keep my memory green. To him I bequeath my collar and leash and my overcoat and raincoat, made to order in 1929 at Hermes in Paris. He can never wear them with the distinction I did, walking around the Place Vend˘me, or later along Park Avenue, all eyes fixed on me in admiration; but again I am sure he will do his utmost not to appear a mere gauche provincial dog. Here on the ranch, he may prove himself quite worthy of comparison, in some respects. He will, I presume, come closer to jack rabbits than I have been able to in recent years. And for all his faults, I hereby wish him the happiness I know will be his in my old home.

One last word of farewell, Dear Master and Mistress. Whenever you visit my grave, say to yourselves with regret but also with happiness in your hearts at the remembrance of my long happy life with you: "Here lies one who loved us and whom we loved." No matter how deep my sleep I shall hear you, and not all the power of death can keep my spirit from wagging a grateful tail.

Tao House, December 17th, 1940

Sorry for your loss. He looked to be a a very loving dog.
    Retired as of 10/13/14 after 7 and a half years of playing. Good luck to those who continue to play.
    us2; Round 6 - Adjudicator (Getter) (BACON) (Lost)
    us3; Round 2 - stevo (Getter) (QoD) (Lost)
    us3; Round 3 - stemem (Getter) (SI) (Won)
    us3; Round 4 - BliZZarD (Getter) (Delicious) (lost)
    us3; Round 5 - Ice Lillies (Getter) (DoS) (Semper DoS)
    us3; Round 7 - Revolt (Getter) (SI) (Won)
    us8; Round 1 - Heavenly Wrath (Getter) (TNT) (won)
    com3; Round ? - General Mills (Getter) (ReD DoS/TWD) (Lost)

I can haz sad face

That truly sucks! I've lost a few dogs now and each has been sorely missed. God bless

There never really seems to be anything appropriate to say at times like these as words don't seem convey the amount of sadness or sorrow that occurs nor carry enough empathy to soothe.

However, I hope you can take condolence from the good times you've spent together and that he'll keep in your heart always as he has already done so here on this earth. I am truly sorry for your loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonothan Crane
    Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.

Ouch. I'm very sorry for your loss Jamie.

I'm very sorry for your loss, Fighter. And I can sympathize with what you're going through. After battling with lung cancer for over a year, my oldest cat has very quickly started to decline recently. The wife and I've made an appointment with the vet to put him down this afternoon, as he's clearly in a lot of pain. It's sad to have to say goodbye to what are truly members of your family.

Otter, I'm sorry you have to lose a cat. Pets are family. If he is in bad shape, and in pain and discomfort, you made the right decision, painful as it is.

I'm sorry for your loss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Eb0l is the alpha and the omega
    The eternal pumpkin queen, and mother of gerbils
    So it was written and so it must forever be

somewhere over the rainbow killing the leprechaun who keeps stealing my gold

Quote Originally Posted by Fighter1405 View Post
    hpzum.jpg

Many of you are too new to the forum to probably even know Jed's name, but for those that aren't I'm sorry to say that he passed away this morning after struggling for several months with bone cancer.

Above is a picture of him just a few days ago, on Christmas day.

Apologies for making such a sad post, but given he's been my very image (avatar) on here I wanted to give an update.

Truly one of the best dogs there ever was
    Fighter I love dogs to no end, so I'm very sorry to hear that your best bud has been lost to bone cancer. I will keep him in my thoughts & I'm sure his last days were happy ones considering he was with you.
    DDR isn't a game, it's a waste of time, space, energy, & programming skills.
    http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/h...ighterbig2.png

If I remember correctly, he was still a puppy when you first came here. So, so sad to see Jed gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Nichts View Post

If I remember correctly, he was still a puppy when you first came here. So, so sad to see Jed gone.
    Yup, he would have been fairly young - he looks young even in my avatar =( Thanks though, I appreciate it. It's good to see you again

"Veni, Vidi, Victus sum"

Sorry for your loss.never easy losing a four legged friend

I'd make a lewd joke here in an attempt to lighten the mood, but as I recall that's not your thing so I'll keep it out.
    How you holding up, man? And did you bury him in the back yard?

Think when mine goes I'm going to get him cremated. Will suck, had him for almost 16 years. Will definitely have a case of the dog gone blues when the time comes.
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

Oh Jamie, the loss of Jed is very much a tragic note for all the travvy community as it has become that doggy face that we've all come to know. At first I even believed that you yourself were only the manifestation of the lovable canine embodied in the avy that bears the name fighter1405. I would offer one of the canineish forum members as a replacement, unfortunately I can only think of Mok and Doog. Mok can't perform the tasks as Jed, because well, we love Mok - but, standing at about a foot tall he won't be much of an adventurous companion on like those hiking trails and walks around the countryside. Then there is Doog, he's not much worth anything really and can get awfully yappy in wanting those orange and teal treats - though he's a fine puppy if you just pat him on the head or slap him around a bit or playing fetch with his Obama toy.

Anyway, I'll keep my eyes open if I notice any canines that might fit you, as of now, perhaps its only time that can heal the sorrows, though chocolate ice cream works too.

Last edited by Summer; 01-08-2013 at 07:02 AM.

Banned.

Bleh, my dad died yesterday and you don't see me starting a thread about it.

Suck it up, it was a dog.

my dad died yesterday
    *Hug* I am sorry, it is tough to lose a parent.
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

Bleh, my dad died yesterday.
    So sorry to hear that, Baron. I do hope it was quick and he didn't suffer.

Bleh, my dad died yesterday and you don't see me starting a thread about it.

Suck it up, it was a dog.
    I am so Sorry.. Not that your dad died...But that he did not give you manners or a dog to love.

Banned.

Quote Originally Posted by JD70 View Post
    I am so Sorry.. Not that your dad died...But that he did not give you manners or a dog to love.
    I'm sorry yours didn't give you the will to do anything besides hang out at a lonely bar in the wasteland of the country or the intelligence to not walk into an obvious trolling.

On the bright side, your mother passed down that lovely mustache of hers so while your heart may be warm for a dead dog, your upper lip is much warmer.

Quote Originally Posted by Flossie Schmumpus View Post
    *Hug* I am sorry, it is tough to lose a parent.
    Well, it's no dog or anything like that, but yeah. Thanks.

I'm sorry yours didn't give you the will to do anything besides hang out at a lonely bar in the wasteland of the country or the intelligence to not walk into an obvious trolling.
    If you only knew my friend. I am glad you are able to troll the loss of my father and mother. I hope that will make you feel superior. For that, I do not care. But trolling this thread is beneath your darkest fears of oblivion. You should know better.

Banned.

Quote Originally Posted by JD70 View Post
    If you only knew my friend. I am glad you are able to troll the loss of my father and mother. I hope that will make you feel superior. For that, I do not care. But trolling this thread is beneath your darkest fears of oblivion. You should know better.
    You really aren't a bright drunk, are you? Or are you even really drunk? That's just your little spiel that you think people enjoy here since your actual personality isn't all that funny--hell, you even made "Meth JD" now. How cool.

Come back tomorrow when you can comprehend things and try to delete the things you "drunkenly" post some more. Bring some friends with you so you can at least have a half a wit. As for your mother and father, you open the can of worms, don't cry when I take one out and shove it up your nose. I'm not sorry that they're dead, I'm only sorry I didn't have the chance to tell you that the day after they died. Now stop your incessant, girly whining and grow a pair, son.

You really aren't a bright drunk, are you? Or are you even really drunk? That's just your little spiel that you think people enjoy here since your actual personality isn't all that funny--hell, you even made "Meth JD" now. How cool.

Come back tomorrow when you can comprehend things and try to delete the things you "drunkenly" post some more. Bring some friends with you so you can at least have a half a wit. As for your mother and father, you open the can of worms, don't cry when I take one out and shove it up your nose. I'm not sorry that they're dead, I'm only sorry I didn't have the chance to tell you that the day after they died. Now stop your incessant, girly whining and grow a pair, son.
    Waaaaaah, I'm a jaded dickwad and other people aren't.

Here's a tear for your beer [_]
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    OMG, Wodey found a woman who agrees with him. He must be right, cos all women are always right all the time.