Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: s5 Lounge

Quote Originally Posted by Baron80 View Post
    You missed my point entirely. As far as your threat to close the lounges, I'm not impressed. You'll only hasten what is already a declining forum. As the forum goes, so does your ability to wield that bit of power you covet over people.

Also, you're putting words in my mouth. I never said I wanted to start a thread about a particular subject, never said I wanted to start a thread at all. There's no need to be so defensive, I was only asking for clarification, which I still haven't received. Just think about it for a bit and get back to me.
    1. There was no threat to close lounges, but rather if it's going to bother people, perhaps it needs to be reevaluated to see if it's productive for this forum.
    2. I said 'you' as an example, because you were the one making the comments....

Perhaps, I'm not the one being defensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
    I just think that we should have threads that have an actual topic, and the topic of this thread is about it's topiclessness.

The situation with the forum has always been that some people avoid posting because the vitriol can flow thick, but I'm wondering why Travian GBH has not taken any steps to try to improve its standing. Can you think of a popular game that does not advertise? I still get ads for WOW, and I get hundreds of ads on facebook everyday. Why has there not been any Travian ads?
    I won't touch on your first statement because.... well.... you see what happens when I say things that others can twist out of context lol.

As for TG, I'm sure from a business stand point they would be aware and want to approve it's 'standing' as you call it, but alas, I am just a super minion and not privy to all the going ons. As for advertisement, I'm not the person to ask on that. An ad brought me to this game and I obviously haven't left several years later, therefore, I try to stay away from game ads. Sure I see them but I try not to take too much notice for fear I might find another addiction to my computer. I know Travian has a facebook page although I have not seen an advertisement for Travian in years, like you said.... I have no answer for you there.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippery View Post
    I'm sure from a business stand point they would be aware and want to approve it's 'standing' as you call it, but alas, I am just a super minion and not privy to all the going ons. As for advertisement, I'm not the person to ask on that. An ad brought me to this game and I obviously haven't left several years later, therefore, I try to stay away from game ads. Sure I see them but I try not to take too much notice for fear I might find another addiction to my computer. I know Travian has a facebook page although I have not seen an advertisement for Travian in years, like you said.... I have no answer for you there.
    No, I know you probably don't know. I'm not sure if they're seeing a diminishing return on investment, or what, but I was hoping someone could come up with a plausible theory, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurtz View Post
    So if I opened a bar and grill thread that would be fine then.
    Edit: I was thinking the same thing Erik.
    If you wanted another thread to have the topic of 'nothing is off topic' that would not be allowed since there already is one.
    I never said I wanted to start a thread about a particular subject, never said I wanted to start a thread at all.
    We're both answering you, but I don't think we're the ones having an issue.

If you want to start a thread with a particular topic, go right ahead, but another thread on the same topic in a forum is always a problem, even the topicless threads.

I'm actually looking forward to a bar and grill thread. Where the heck is Kurtz with that burger anyway?
    Last edited by Comrade; 11-17-2013 at 06:43 PM. Reason: whargarble, broken image link.
    Remember, this is an online forum. I have just as much poo to fling as you do.

http://forum.travian.us/attachment.p...1&d=1247465912

Quote Originally Posted by MokMonster View Post
    So if you can suck a golf bar through a garden hose and are willing to do so for the biggest/safest/most-survivalist man around, you will most likely live as long as he will.

The problem with the forum decline is easy enough to understand. Most of the mods here take their jobs too seriously, and while they will break rules, they will ban for the slightest reasons and erase sigs and threads on a whim. Mods also gun for the members they have a personal dislike for instead of doing what's best for the community. I used to be pretty active on here, now I stop in for reports I might have missed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    The problem with the forum decline is easy enough to understand. Most of the mods here take their jobs too seriously, and while they will break rules, they will ban for the slightest reasons and erase sigs and threads on a whim. Mods also gun for the members they have a personal dislike for instead of doing what's best for the community. I used to be pretty active on here, now I stop in for reports I might have missed.
    I find this theory hard to believe seeing as if a mod did punish for something not warranted it would be reversed, a thread closed that shouldn't have been... it would be reopened. As for mods breaking the rules if you have specific examples I'm sure Bella would like to see them.

We learnt ... from [Kimmie]!
    Quote Originally Posted by FA Belladonna View Post
    Kurtz, the horse is dead, please stop beating it.

The lounges were made to keep everything off topic/not related to the server in one thread. Allowing there to be several lounges defeats that purpose; if it was allowed there could be five new "off topic randomness" threads a day. I'm not sure why this is so difficult to understand or is making people so upset.

If you wanted a thread with a topic but isn't related to s5 in any way, you can do that in the dump.

Edit:

As for mods not following the rules, report the rule breaking posts like you do for any other member.
    Last edited by Conundrum; 11-17-2013 at 08:28 PM.

Banned.

Steph already admitted that the mods are picking and choosing which rules to follow, in the section of the rule that she herself highlighted.

And what have I to be defensive about? I asked a simple question and it took everyone but the person I posed the question to in order to get an answer. I know there are many dense posters here on the forum but I'm not one that will fall for deflecting one's own shortcomings when you say things like " Maybe I'm not the one that's defensive." My intent was never to argue or insult you Steph, but your knee jerk " Oh, my God I'm being attacked (not true)!!! My infallible wisdom is being questioned!!!" response took the discussion to an ugly place, one that I'll now be leaving.

Say what you want, I won't dispute it. I have immense respect for Flossie and won't muddy up her wonderful creation any longer.

For anyone wondering Steph=Slippery lol..... Thought I ought to point that out since a lot of people don't know my name, not that I care to hide it but please use caution when using a forum members name, it is actually against the rules unless the user doesn't mind.

As far as the lounges are concerned, between my explanations and Conundrums, if you have any other questions, comments or concerns on the topic please pm them to him or I.

Alright, enough of that.

So if you can suck a golf bar through a garden hose and are willing to do so for the biggest/safest/most-survivalist man around, you will most likely live as long as he will.

I'm sorry, we've just met, but you do sound quite grumpy.

Everything I do on the forum is fun, but I'll try to avoid offending you then.
    I am not grumpy! I am a COL (Cranky Old Lady) in training get it right. Actually I am very hard to offend, just ask Kurtz or JB, I was just letting you know what era of pg13 was generally safe. Somethings which are pg13 these days, will get you cautioned or banned depending on which mod sees it.

Except a lounge has no defined topic so how can it be considered the same thing? Is it the thread name that is the problem?

Edit: I was thinking the same thing Erik.

Also, the rule you posted would make it against the rules for Flossie to have more than one lounge on the entire forum. Not that I'm advocating that at all.
    Are you trying to get me in trouble here?!?

Well, here's hoping they're keeping their middle to bottom ranks entertained.

Axel has the name, but the band isn't GNR anymore.

Also, I would really like to know what the heck happened. Did a huge influx of players cause issues? Did having tens of thousands of players on a server with at least thousands buying gold regularly cost Travian games to lose money? WTH?

The topic of the thread is there is no topic. Why would you generate a new thread without a specific topic when there is one already?

I'll take a mushroom and swiss burger with a Guinness on the side. American or french fries, whichever you call them over there, on the side.
    Sorry Kurtz can not comply, his bar and grill will not be opening....he is tied up elsewhere, since the prospect of his promising to love and adore kittens in a proper fashion are exceedingly dim, I suggest you order your food in the lounge. The food and drink are better anyway and I am prettier.

Alright, enough of that.

Anvils rock! But the lack of being able to place those 15 same second waves on a villa and other dumbing down of the game is a real issue.
    Last edited by Flossie Schmumpus; 11-17-2013 at 11:31 PM.
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

Quote Originally Posted by Flossie Schmumpus View Post
    Sorry Kurtz can not comply, his bar and grill will not be opening....he is tied up elsewhere, since the prospect of his promising to love and adore kittens in a proper fashion are exceedingly dim,
    You want me to do what to kittens now? I might like eating *****, but damn...

I am not grumpy! I am a COL (Cranky Old Lady) in training get it right. Actually I am very hard to offend, just ask Kurtz or JB, I was just letting you know what era of pg13 was generally safe. Somethings which are pg13 these days, will get you cautioned or banned depending on which mod sees it.
    Fair enough. I just didn't want to get a ban card before I could really warm up after coming back.

Anvils rock! But the lack of being able to place those 15 same second waves on a villa and other dumbing down of the game is a real issue.
    I suppose it is enhancing the freemium business model, driving up gold sales by keeping more people around.

:|

I still wouldn't mind a cutthroat game of Travian with a minimum buy-in or something.

You want me to do what to kittens now? I might like eating *****, but damn...
    Mind out of the gutter!....You know exactly what I meant.

Fair enough. I just didn't want to get a ban card before I could really warm up after coming back.

I suppose it is enhancing the freemium business model, driving up gold sales by keeping more people around.

:|

I still wouldn't mind a cutthroat game of Travian with a minimum buy-in or something.
    I don't think it worked for them, they drove a lot of real gold buyers away. I know I tended to spend more on a t3.6 or earlier game than I do on these newer ones. I also only play these newer versions because of friends, not because the ins and outs of the game intrigue me.

I think a game of Travian with an upfront entrance fee with no gold afterward could be very very interesting.
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

I've just talked to someone that came to Travian recently due to an ad.

Also... wasn't sure you'd get it Flossie... being you and all.

If you continue to frequent my Sections you will come to learn that I am quite laid back and very empathetic and kind.

Quote Originally Posted by kabooja View Post
    If you continue to frequent my Sections you will come to learn that I am quite laid back and very empathetic and kind.
    Lol say whut nao?

Quote Originally Posted by ECH0 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kabooja View Post
    Lol say whut nao?
    Is it me or does that smiley look dastardly?

It's not just you.

I'd watch out for kabooja, she has a particularly mean streak in her.

I've just talked to someone that came to Travian recently due to an ad.

Also... wasn't sure you'd get it Flossie... being you and all.
    I get it just often enough for people to think I should always get it. Of course my getting comes and goes in streaks.

Quote Originally Posted by ECH0 View Post
    It's not just you.

I'd watch out for kabooja, she has a particularly mean streak in her.
    It's not the same smiley we used to have. I dislike the one we currently have.
    What are you talking about ECH0?

I get it just often enough for people to think I should always get it. Of course my getting comes and goes in streaks.
    Same here.

Banned.

For anyone wondering Steph=Slippery lol..... Thought I ought to point that out since a lot of people don't know my name, not that I care to hide it but please use caution when using a forum members name, it is actually against the rules unless the user doesn't mind.
    I didn't realize it was a problem, sorry Slip. Won't happen again.

As far as the lounges are concerned, between my explanations and Conundrums, if you have any other questions, comments or concerns on the topic please pm them to him or I.
    I didn't realize it was a problem, sorry Slip. Won't happen again.

Awesome start to my day. Thank you Comrade. =^-^=

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    The lounges were made to keep everything off topic/not related to the server in one thread. Allowing there to be several lounges defeats that purpose; if it was allowed there could be five new "off topic randomness" threads a day. I'm not sure why this is so difficult to understand or is making people so upset.

If you wanted a thread with a topic but isn't related to s5 in any way, you can do that in the dump.

Edit:

As for mods not following the rules, report the rule breaking posts like you do for any other member.
    I did, I got banned and you guys took my siggy. Are you gonna ban me for tricking me into mentioning a ban! The horror, the simulated, pixelated horror.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    I did, I got banned and you guys took my siggy. Are you gonna ban me for tricking me into mentioning a ban! The horror, the simulated, pixelated horror.
    No, I'm not going to ban you.

What if I don't want my train of discussion interspersed with comments about Dans underwear? I'm only using that basically as an example, I really don't care if people want to talk about a purple thong, but the point still stands.
    Every stain has a story.
    Quote Originally Posted by gebne View Post
    St. Chak, glorious atelier, faithful servant and bearer of thong,
    the stain of the troll has caused you to be forgotten by many,
    but the true forum invokes you universally as the patron of things despised of;
    pray for me, that finally I may receive the alterations and the couture of thongs in all my fripperies, ornamentations, and trimmings,
    particularly those of purple hue, and that I may read Chak with the thong throughout Eternity.

"The edge of the world and all of Western civilization"

Hey Kabooja,

Your in box is full, So I'll let you know here:

Sorry about the excessive rule-breaking. I've read all the rules and will put an end to it. Thanks for helping me out.

EDIT: You have a good day too.
    Last edited by FTP; 11-19-2013 at 10:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Arnold View Post
    Now go on you, shoo!

Senior Community Moderator SMOD polkadot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FTP View Post
    Hey Kabooja,

Your in box is full, So I'll let you know here:

Sorry about the excessive rule-breaking. I've read all the rules and will put an end to it. Thanks for helping me out.

EDIT: You have a good day too.
    Ah, sorry about that FTP. That account Inbox size has shrunk.

If you ever need to get in touch with me for anything regarding the forum, please contact this account from now on.

BLACK FRIDAY IS COMING!

(...and I'm not talking about that one guy from Robinson Crusoe.)

So, what are your Strategies? Schemes? Purchases?
    Quote Originally Posted by LuxCal View Post
    You (should) never wear black socks with Bermuda shorts after Labor Day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritterbruder
    I came into these forums a happy go-lucky kid skipping down the street... But the flames have changed me. My once boyish charm has been replaced with contempt for poor posts and my smooth, silky face is scarred from many a propaganda war. The world is a dark place now, and I seek to bring light to this Hell.
    us3r4--Sigma(GOB)
    us3r2--Sigma(AFO)
    us3r3--Sigma(SI)
    us8--Sigma/Woe(TNT)
    "Strength and Honor!"

The lounge will be serving a fine selection of libations and food to ease the distress caused by the horror of the shopping masses.

Well for Black Friday, I'll be at work at the animal hospital, seeing if I win the pool on the number of "dietary indiscretion" cases that come in.

So, are adventures largely resource reward oriented? I'm not complaining, I moved my champ to my new 15c cap just a little bit ago, and I'm loving that my hero is basically doubling the resources my cap is getting.

They are random, but it does seem to be resource focused.
    pray for me, that finally I may receive the alterations and the couture of thongs in all my fripperies, ornamentations, and trimmings,
    particularly those of purple hue, and that I may read Chak with the thong throughout Eternity.

So, are adventures largely resource reward oriented? I'm not complaining, I moved my champ to my new 15c cap just a little bit ago, and I'm loving that my hero is basically doubling the resources my cap is getting.
    Get your game talk out of Flossie's lounge you heathen scum!

Resources are the most common, but what is really interesting is how powerful heroes actually are. If you stick all your hero points into fighting strength, you can basically clear oases with no troops even at endgame. The resource bonus is kind of okish early on, but you're missing out on all those yummy maces you can kill and then pick up their loot rather than just letting the hero "sim".

I could raid, but I kinda promised I wouldn't. I spend a lot of time checking in, but that's about all I really want to focus on. I start raiding, and all of a sudden I'm trying to stay awake 24/7. It's somewhat of a slippery slope for me.

I could raid, but I kinda promised I wouldn't. I spend a lot of time checking in, but that's about all I really want to focus on. I start raiding, and all of a sudden I'm trying to stay awake 24/7. It's somewhat of a slippery slope for me.
    You should join us in Herpes! Our war with the Natar is one good way of avoiding raiding (although we keep getting medals for that, wtf), attacking (more medals here, too) and defending (wtf, medals here too!).
    Anyway, come join us! We use in-game forums and everything!

Raiding with T4 lists isn't really raiding.

Tradesperson
    on a massive rock flying through the solar system

Raiding before T4 was both tedious and awful.

Quote Originally Posted by sublim3d View Post
    I know. Oh god do I know....

You aren't helping my cause. I'm just glad my fiance doesn't browse this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by sublim3d View Post
    You aren't helping either.

Also, how can spreadsheets ever be tedious? Awful I can understand, you must not have set everything up right.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Chak View Post
    You should join us in Herpes! Our war with the Natar is one good way of avoiding raiding (although we keep getting medals for that, wtf), attacking (more medals here, too) and defending (wtf, medals here too!).
    Anyway, come join us! We use in-game forums and everything!
    I've done rather well avoiding herpes, I'm not sure I want to start now.

Also, a lot of climber medals. Like, Lots.