Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 65

Thread: Proof Being Gay IS A Choice

  1. #1

    Default Proof Being Gay IS A Choice

    http://carm.org/statistics-homosexual-promiscuity

    Code:
    83% of the homosexual men surveyed estimated they had had sex with 50 or more partners 
    in their lifetime 
    43% estimated they had sex with 500 or more partners;
    28% with 1,000 or more partners.
    
    79% of homosexual men say over half of sex partners are strangers
    The stats show gay dudes gets as much free and easy sex as they want.

    You can't rack up these kinds of numbers as a hetero man unless you are putting in serious effort, you're gifted with panty-dropping good looks, you're rich, you're famous, or you're the leader of a cult.

    Generally, people don't chose to do things the more difficult way.
    Clearly we are all born hetero and it's a choice to be gay.
    Excuse me for disagreeing that your degeneracy is sacred.

  2. #2

    Dan Chak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Syracuse, baby!
    Posts
    8,063

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Erbal View Post
    http://carm.org/statistics-homosexual-promiscuity

    Code:
    83% of the homosexual men surveyed estimated they had had sex with 50 or more partners 
    in their lifetime 
    43% estimated they had sex with 500 or more partners;
    28% with 1,000 or more partners.
    
    79% of homosexual men say over half of sex partners are strangers
    The stats show gay dudes gets as much free and easy sex as they want.

    You can't rack up these kinds of numbers as a hetero man unless you are putting in serious effort, you're gifted with panty-dropping good looks, you're rich, you're famous, or you're the leader of a cult.

    Generally, people don't chose to do things the more difficult way.
    Clearly we are all born hetero and it's a choice to be gay.
    Actually your evidence seems to show that we are all born gay, and work hard to be otherwise.


    I didn't even know I was in the closet.

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Chak View Post
    Actually your evidence seems to show that we are all born gay, and work hard to be otherwise.


    I didn't even know I was in the closet.
    How did the 'inherently gay' human species survive the alleged period of evolution where we were too dumb for language and complex thoughts?

    Your response is invalid.
    Excuse me for disagreeing that your degeneracy is sacred.

  4. #4
    Philosopher Erknen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    the funny Farm
    Posts
    5,152

    Default

    I don't understand the point.
    Gay people get more then straight people is what I got.
    If there is a God, He must really love stupid people. Look how many He made.

  5. #5

    Dan Chak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Syracuse, baby!
    Posts
    8,063

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Erbal View Post
    How did the 'inherently gay' human species survive the alleged period of evolution where we were too dumb for language and complex thoughts?

    Your response is invalid.
    Dumb luck?
    Or perhaps we have evolved into homosexuals. Once we were known as homo sapiens. Now we shall be known as the homo sexual.
    But your numbers show that it is far easier to get lucky with homosexual males than heterosexual males. We hetero's are bucking the system, mutants to our own race!
    My X-Men power - my hetero-ness. I shall here to fore be known as Homo Erectus!

    ...wait, different point of evolution...

  6. #6
    Philosopher Jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Davis, CA
    Posts
    13,219

    Default

    1000 sexual partners?

    Someone has their trollface.jpg on when answering these questions
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    OMG, Wodey found a woman who agrees with him. He must be right, cos all women are always right all the time.

  7. #7
    Philosopher Jacana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Solving Agatha Christie's problems.
    Posts
    11,514

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    1000 sexual partners?

    Someone has their trollface.jpg on when answering these questions
    This.

  8. #8

    Default

    Gay dudes are averaging 100-500 partners by the time they are in their forties.

    Not a choice to receive blow jobs on demand, without any real effort, for life? Sounds legit.
    Excuse me for disagreeing that your degeneracy is sacred.

  9. #9

    Default

    I lol'd at the websource:



    and the funniest part I've laughed at (his conclusion on the topic "is homosexuality dangerous to society?":



    He also has only one google+ like so far
    Last edited by Summer; 04-24-2013 at 11:11 PM.

  10. #10

    Dan Chak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Syracuse, baby!
    Posts
    8,063

    Default

    Oh Erbal...

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    I lol'd at the websource:



    and the funniest part I've laughed at (his conclusion on the topic "is homosexuality dangerous to society?":



    He also has only one google+ like so far
    And so begins the liberal mission to discredit the people and not the facts. A slick deflection in every sense.
    Excuse me for disagreeing that your degeneracy is sacred.

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Erbal View Post
    And so begins the liberal mission to discredit the people and not the facts. A slick deflection in every sense.
    Oh, I didn't think you were actually being serious.

    Quote Originally Posted by Erbal View Post
    http://carm.org/statistics-homosexual-promiscuity

    Code:
    83% of the homosexual men surveyed estimated they had had sex with 50 or more partners 
    in their lifetime 
    43% estimated they had sex with 500 or more partners;
    28% with 1,000 or more partners.
    
    79% of homosexual men say over half of sex partners are strangers
    The stats show gay dudes gets as much free and easy sex as they want.

    You can't rack up these kinds of numbers as a hetero man unless you are putting in serious effort, you're gifted with panty-dropping good looks, you're rich, you're famous, or you're the leader of a cult.

    Generally, people don't chose to do things the more difficult way.
    Clearly we are all born hetero and it's a choice to be gay.

    A better study would be if the researchers monitored a completely random sample of gay dudes over time and kept track of how often they had sex with different partners.

    But, let's assume that those numbers are correct and that we can draw the conclusion that promiscuity is common among gay dudes.

    Your conclusion is that: "Generally, people don't chose to do things the more difficult way so clearly we are all born hetero and it's a choice to be gay."

    Slick's conclusion is also quite ridiculous, he states that promiscuity is prevalent in homosexuality, promiscuity ushers in numerous health risks, therefore homosexuality is unhealthy and should be discouraged.

    Which is a flaw, in this argument STDs are the main topic as they effect quality of life and some can lead to death. Among other things that put people at the risk of STDs, Slick wantonly singles out homosexuality - by the reasoning that gay dudes have a lots of promiscuous sex.

    helpful hint by Summer: √ the questions at your local blood drive and if you can't donate then it's likely that you have a STD
    Last edited by Summer; 04-25-2013 at 05:49 AM.

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    Oh, I didn't think you were actually being serious.
    Shifting blame to me already? Geez, I don't like where this is going.

    Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    A better study would be if the researchers monitored a completely random sample of gay dudes over time and kept track of how often they had sex with different partners.


    Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    But, let's assume that those numbers are correct and that we can draw the conclusion that promiscuity is common among gay dudes.
    Those numbers are factually correct so draw away at your conclusions already.

    Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    Your conclusion is that: "Generally, people don't chose to do things the more difficult way so clearly we are all born hetero and it's a choice to be gay."
    No, YOU draw YOUR conclusions, I draw MINE.

    Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    Slick's conclusion is also quite ridiculous, he states that promiscuity is prevalent in homosexuality, promiscuity ushers in numerous health risks, therefore homosexuality is unhealthy and should be discouraged.
    He wasn't drawing conclusions, he was presenting accurate facts. Do try to keep up.

    Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    Which is a flaw, in this argument STDs are the main topic as they effect quality of life and some can lead to death. Among other things that put people at the risk of STDs, Slick wantonly singles out homosexuality - by the reasoning that gay dudes have a lots of promiscuous sex.
    Racial slurs about the author being Asian and eating wonton's everyday is just immature and uncalled for. I thought you were better than that.
    Excuse me for disagreeing that your degeneracy is sacred.

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Erbal View Post
    Shifting blame to me already? Geez, I don't like where this is going.
    Coming out that your weren't serious about this thread is for your own sake.

    Quote Originally Posted by Erbal View Post
    It's worth taking the time to make research to form a credible conclusion, though, it could also be that Slick, a devout christian, just wanted to collect data on gay dudes about their sex life then take time to write about it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Erbal View Post
    Those numbers are factually correct so draw away at your conclusions already.
    Simple, my conclusion is that you draw your information by rummaging through the most idiotic corners of the internet.

    Quote Originally Posted by Erbal View Post
    No, YOU draw YOUR conclusions, I draw MINE.
    It's a false *** operation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Erbal View Post
    He wasn't drawing conclusions, he was presenting accurate facts. Do try to keep up.


    The only accurate fact is that he only received a single google+ vote, by you, he's apparently way too bat**** for his friends, family, neighbors, and members of his own church, but still manages to not be too bat**** for you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Erbal View Post
    Racial slurs about the author being Asian and eating wonton's everyday is just immature and uncalled for. I thought you were better than that.
    Wanton meaning deliberate, not wonton.

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    The only accurate fact is that he only received a single google+ vote, by you,
    I don't vote, therefor your single accurate fact is total hogwash.
    Excuse me for disagreeing that your degeneracy is sacred.

  16. #16
    Senator Cisalpine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Sunshine state
    Posts
    3,483

    Default

    All I got out of it is that I should buy a lumber yard. I expect the price of 2x4's to skyrocket in the next 5-10 years.

  17. #17

    Default

    Tell me this is a joke and you are just trolling. I read several sections on that site, the evolution section mostly, and saw numerous mistakes, misrepresentations, and also using arguments that even Answers in Genesis says shouldn't be used because they are wrong and make creationists look bad. Even the citations they use openly state that the studies are both outdated and unreliable. Bell and Weinberg stated so themselves, which is cited on that website.

    The site is nothing more than propoganda trash by a christian fundamentalist. You can't honestly expect us to take its "research" seriously do you?

  18. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Babalu View Post
    Tell me this is a joke and you are just trolling. I read several sections on that site, the evolution section mostly, and saw numerous mistakes, misrepresentations, and also using arguments that even Answers in Genesis says shouldn't be used because they are wrong and make creationists look bad. Even the citations they use openly state that the studies are both outdated and unreliable. Bell and Weinberg stated so themselves, which is cited on that website.

    The site is nothing more than propoganda trash by a christian fundamentalist. You can't honestly expect us to take its "research" seriously do you?
    Don't make this about all the mistakes and misrepresentations you see in the theory of evolution.
    If you are an insane liberal who ignores facts you don't want to be true then yes, I can't honestly expect you to take these facts seriously.
    Excuse me for disagreeing that your degeneracy is sacred.

  19. #19

    Default

    Bell and Weinberg conducted some of research he is citing in his claims about homosexuality. And since they themselves stated that the research was unreliable, those aren't really "facts" at all. Try again.

    Good to know that you can't see past liberal/conservative though. Says a lot.

  20. #20

    Default

    Your response is unreliable because their opinion of the facts has no bearing on the legitimacy of the facts.
    Excuse me for disagreeing that your degeneracy is sacred.

  21. #21

    Default

    Your response is unreliable because their opinion of the facts has no bearing on the legitimacy of the facts.
    The opinion of the researchers of the study has no bearing on the study?

  22. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Babalu View Post
    The opinion of the researchers of the study has no bearing on the study?
    Since when do opinions trump facts brought to light by a rigorous scientific study?
    Excuse me for disagreeing that your degeneracy is sacred.

  23. #23

    Default

    Since when do opinions trump facts brought to light by a rigorous scientific study?
    That would be true if we were actually talking about opinion. But we're really not. You called it opinion and I should have corrected you. We're talking about the "fact" that they recognized a methodological error in their sampling after the fact. That's not opinion, that's recognizing a defect in the study which makes the entire study unreliable.

  24. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Babalu View Post
    That would be true if we were actually talking about opinion. But we're really not. You called it opinion and I should have corrected you. We're talking about the "fact" that they recognized a methodological error in their sampling after the fact. That's not opinion, that's recognizing a defect in the study which makes the entire study unreliable.
    Do you realize the facts are sourced from multiple different researchers and research projects?

    How about this: prove your assertions are true. Show me exactly which study is unreliable and why it's unreliable.

    Until that happens, it's just your opinion the facts produced by a rigorous scientific studies, presented here, are not facts.
    Excuse me for disagreeing that your degeneracy is sacred.

  25. #25

    Default

    How about this: prove your assertions are true. Show me exactly which study is unreliable and why it's unreliable.
    I have already told you which study is unreliable. The Bell and Weinberg study. It is unreliable because the authors themselves admitted as much.

    Quote Originally Posted by "Bell and Weinberg et al within Homosexualities: A Study of Diversity among Men and Women
    “. . . given the variety of circumstances which discourage homosexuals from participating in research studies, it is unlikely that any investigator will ever be in a position to say that this or that is true of a given percentage of all homosexuals.”
    The information contained in the study was taken during the 1970's, and the authors themselves fully realized the obvious flaws of their study even as they published. For the lead researchers of a study to have the courage and integrity to admit that aspects of their study are flawed in a fundamental way is what true science is about, not the agenda-pushing manipulation of those studies which your evangelical website is attempting by ignoring those warnings and presenting the information as indisputable fact, which they are most certainly not. Now if you wish to sit there and attempt to defend portions of a study that even the authors themselves won't even try to defend, you're going to be arguing with yourself cause I won't waste my time.

    That is 2/5 of the statistics presented in your website. And for that matter, this also applies to all studies that were taken during that time period for the same reasons. In addition to that, there is a well known bias regarding self-reporting surveys when asking people to admit things like cheating on your wives/girlfriends, and it has been shown repeatedly that even with random surveys people will tend to deny wrongdoings and give more socially acceptable responses, leading to higher rates of reported fidelity.

    Now, if you want further debunking, take the Laumann (1987) study. Another study was conducted, again by Laumann, along with Gagnon, Michael, & Michaels (1994; Wellings, Field, Johnson, & Wadsworth, 1994). They are more recent and were specifically designed to give a more accurate representation of the general homosexual population. The study showed a much more conservative pattern of homosexual fidelity than did the previous studies. However, your evangelical website ignores these more recent, better representative studies in favor of older, outdated, less reliable studies, further calling into question the sites accuracy.

    It becomes a question of credibility. The website you linked contains many errors across several different sections, such as the evolution section but not limited to it, and contains outright falsities that even a layman should not be making. In addition, it completely ignores warnings from primary researchers, as well as later more accurate studies that rebut the information provided in earlier studies, including studies conducted by the same researcher rebutting his own prior research.

    Your website has absolutely no credibility whatsoever. And considering its an evangelical website to begin with, it goes without saying that there is already a preexisting bias against homosexual behavior from the get go.

  26. #26

    Default

    That quote doesn't mean their research is not credible or they feel their research methods are not credible, it means there is a limitation to the reliability of how other people use their findings. But that goes without saying whenever a study is conducted on a fraction of a whole population.

    And you are arguing people will lie causing a REDUCTION in the numbers, and the numbers from the study are pretty high as it is.

    Boy, you are really going out of your way skew the facts to fit your agenda. Your bias is showing.
    Excuse me for disagreeing that your degeneracy is sacred.

  27. #27

    Default

    lol, whatever you say dude. Whatever helps you reinforce your predetermined worldview.

  28. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Babalu View Post
    lol, whatever you say dude. Whatever helps you reinforce your predetermined worldview.
    How is it predetermined when it's based on facts found through rigorous scientific studies? It would be predetermined if I baselessly ignored and dismissed these facts, like you are doing right now.
    Excuse me for disagreeing that your degeneracy is sacred.

  29. #29

    Default

    How is it predetermined when it's based on facts found through rigorous scientific studies?
    Actually the Laumann study said people are born gay and its often recognizable by adolescence, before they ever begin having sex. So it would appear that its you ignoring facts. But hey, I'll bite. Which of those studies states, as fact, that being homosexual is a choice?

  30. #30
    Farmhand lasarus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    jamaica
    Posts
    7

    Default

    i don't think these statistics are correct. which book of record did you get this out of.

  31. #31
    Farmhand just another girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In a cavern, in a canyon
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Erbal View Post
    And so begins the liberal mission to discredit the people and not the facts. A slick deflection in every sense.
    first let me say..I am not Politically liberal, I am a conservative.

    second: I feel you should have done some scientific research. Science has proven the genetic biology of many things through medical ( DNA and neurological ), and psychological research. The gene that causes homosexuality has been isolated. (and no, I don't think we should change that envitro, nor anyones gender) People are most certainly born gay, it is no more a choice than natural hair color or eye color.
    Promiscuity is a choice..and heterosexuals are every bit as promiscuous as homosexuals.

    It should be noted, that the very reason organized religion requires "faith" is because it has no archeological, anthropological, nor any other scientific evidence to back up it's claims. (it has no accurate historical evidence either..don't say "the bible" becuase it is mostly alagory and parable..the archeological evidence does not back it up)
    If your sentence begins with the word "fail", then you have failed.

  32. #32
    Philosopher Jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Davis, CA
    Posts
    13,219

    Default

    What's the source for the 'gay gene' being isolated? My impression was that science still considered 'the gay' to be a mixture of nature and nuture.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    OMG, Wodey found a woman who agrees with him. He must be right, cos all women are always right all the time.

  33. #33

    Meherrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    In a universe of my own design
    Posts
    4,208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    What's the source for the 'gay gene' being isolated? My impression was that science still considered 'the gay' to be a mixture of nature and nuture.
    That claim was made a while back, but subsequent research has not replicated the initial results, at least that was the situation the last time I read anything about it. Apparently there have been studies done on several genes that appear to have a weak linkage with being gay, but nothing correlates strongly enough to be 'the' gay gene.

    Twin studies show a much higher likelihood that two male identical twins will have the same sexual orientation, but the correlation is not strong enough to suggest that genetics is the only influence on sexual orientation.

    There's also the problem that most studies that have found any linkages that suggest a biological factor in being gay find the linkage to be weaker or non-existent among women.
    And now I'll tell you what's against us, an art that's lived for centuries. Go through the years and you will find what's blackened all of history. Against us is the law with its immensity of strength and power - against us is the law! Police know how to make a man a guilty or an innocent. Against us is the power of police! The shameless lies that men have told will ever more be paid in gold - against us is the power of the gold! Against us is racial hatred and the simple fact that we are poor.
    - The Ballad of Sacco and Vanzetti, Joan Baez

  34. #34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Erbal View Post
    http://carm.org/statistics-homosexual-promiscuity

    Code:
    83% of the homosexual men surveyed estimated they had had sex with 50 or more partners 
    in their lifetime 
    43% estimated they had sex with 500 or more partners;
    28% with 1,000 or more partners.
    
    79% of homosexual men say over half of sex partners are strangers
    The stats show gay dudes gets as much free and easy sex as they want.

    You can't rack up these kinds of numbers as a hetero man unless you are putting in serious effort, you're gifted with panty-dropping good looks, you're rich, you're famous, or you're the leader of a cult.

    Generally, people don't chose to do things the more difficult way.
    Clearly we are all born hetero and it's a choice to be gay.
    Oooooh! I think I'm going to be gay now.

  35. #35
    Consul
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    9,816

    Default

    The gay jean used to be Jordash. Now I think it is, generically, all skinny jeans.

  36. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jdurand View Post
    The gay jean used to be Jordash. Now I think it is, generically, all skinny jeans.
    You are mistaken, old man.

    I think being gay is an ignorant and short-sighted choice that has negative implications both implicit and explicit in their internal and external selves, not to mention the connotative and denotative harm associated with themselves and their families for choosing such a dangerous and delinquent lifestyle. Yet the media tries to say otherwise, which is why this will most likely be the downfall of the human race..
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod Dark Tower View Post
    *Sigh*, I'm such an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    I'm not very bright.

  37. #37

    Meherrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    In a universe of my own design
    Posts
    4,208

    Default

    I feel pretty, oh so pretty, I feel pretty and witty and gay!
    And now I'll tell you what's against us, an art that's lived for centuries. Go through the years and you will find what's blackened all of history. Against us is the law with its immensity of strength and power - against us is the law! Police know how to make a man a guilty or an innocent. Against us is the power of police! The shameless lies that men have told will ever more be paid in gold - against us is the power of the gold! Against us is racial hatred and the simple fact that we are poor.
    - The Ballad of Sacco and Vanzetti, Joan Baez

  38. #38

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    euclid ohio USA
    Posts
    1

    Default

    this little discussion really really AMUSED me to no end.
    i am like, brand new to the forum, i just joined, and this was the first thread i looked at, and MY GOODNESS...
    obviously a lot of people who post a LOT of stuff have probably never in their entire lives even MET a gay person, much less perhaps hung out or befriended one. they are no different at all then any other person. and as far as your 'stats' go, i laughed, cause what struck me was, gay DUDES are DUDES, and any red blooded dude on the planet, given the choice, would probably boff 2000 women in their lifetime, cause basically, it's what we were designed by the party gods to DO, spread our seed far and wide and propagate the species with as much DIVERSITY as possible.
    this is some of the most ignorant crap i have read in a long long time. frankly.
    god, gay people are a freaking BLAST man. i love em to pieces. they are the best damn dancers and know how to party.
    who CARES anyways? lotta people here in america are far too concerned with everyone else's business..
    Last edited by Griecovich; 05-07-2013 at 11:18 AM. Reason: i deleted an insult.

  39. #39
    Philosopher Jacana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Solving Agatha Christie's problems.
    Posts
    11,514

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Griecovich View Post
    gay DUDES are DUDES, and any red blooded dude on the planet, given the choice, would probably boff 2000 women in their lifetime
    Lol, valid point.

  40. #40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sapient View Post
    You are mistaken, old man.

    I think being gay is an ignorant and short-sighted choice that has negative implications both implicit and explicit in their internal and external selves, not to mention the connotative and denotative harm associated with themselves and their families for choosing such a dangerous and delinquent lifestyle. Yet the media tries to say otherwise, which is why this will most likely be the downfall of the human race..
    Fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shenaynay View Post
    According to the theory of evolution, you probably shouldn't be allowed here either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    You're a ******* idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luisss View Post
    I DON'T CARE WHAT THE ANSWER IS.
    S3- Nemesis- http://travian-reports.net/us/report/60926971ac5 (That clay pit had it coming!!!!!!)
    S1- Trannysaurusrex- 7RU (the awesome wing)
    S1- Inshallah. It be but the will of God.

    No neg coords for me.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •