Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 61

Thread: New 4.4 Server

  1. #1
    Villager Poblano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    213

    Default New 4.4 Server

    There is a post on the com forums about their new 4.4 starting in February. Then they go on to say this:

    Whats new in this version?

    - Increased resource production
    - Improved cranny capacity
    - Adaption of beginners protection
    - Implementation of a Daily Quest system
    - Changes to usage of consumable items
    - Natarian Wonder of the World villages are no longer completely bound to the grey area
    - Modification of adventure system
    - Every account gets 500 CP's at the beginning
    - Adaption of town hall celebrations
    - Modification of trade routes
    - Adaption of crop consumption in Wonder of the World villages
    - Modification of hero skill effects
    - Improvement of Rally Point filters
    - Modification to selling items

    My question is this: Will all these "changes" be exactly like the birthday server? They use the words "modification" and "adaptation" in different places, so it makes me think it won't be. Where can I find detailed explainations?

  2. #2
    Ex- Head Multihunter
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    58

    Default

    I can tell you that it will not be exactly like the birthday servers; they took feedback from those servers and made some modifications based on that feedback. I'll check with Minke to see what exactly we are permitted to say at this point (since there may be yet more modifications based on the test server currently running), but certainly as soon as the 4.4 version is announced for .us, we will post the full changelog.

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poblano View Post
    - Improvement of Rally Point filters
    Looking forward to seeing what they did there... but dreading that they may have done it badly.
    S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie (night shift) S5-r3 Tyche (night shift) S7-r3 Chuckles (night shift)
    S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country (day shift) S5-r7(AEU) Office Space S19-r2 (SE) The Joker

  4. #4
    Villager Poblano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    213

    Default

    I doubt Minke will be helpful.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tineren View Post
    Looking forward to seeing what they did there... but dreading that they may have done it badly.
    What's a filter?
    Last edited by SMOD polkadot; 01-19-2014 at 06:57 PM. Reason: No Double Posting, please.

  5. #5

    Default

    The buttons at the top that restrict it to incoming, outgoing, at home, in other villages.
    I hope to see separate filters for your own troops returning and troops sent by others at your village.
    S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie (night shift) S5-r3 Tyche (night shift) S7-r3 Chuckles (night shift)
    S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country (day shift) S5-r7(AEU) Office Space S19-r2 (SE) The Joker

  6. #6
    Senator
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In Your Head
    Posts
    3,035

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tineren View Post
    The buttons at the top that restrict it to incoming, outgoing, at home, in other villages.
    I hope to see separate filters for your own troops returning and troops sent by others at your village.
    This a million times over
    My first hammer: s8r1 - mhisti
    Not my first hammer: s1r4 - Loved1

    s1r7 - Ifrit 3,111,384 offense points

    [6:49:56 PM] Bugzy: Let's report Ifrit for genocide

  7. #7
    Villager Poblano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    213

    Default

    Ah that'll be convenient.

    I would bet that heroes will be weaker and there will be an effort to revive early game micro-raiding (either by a shorter BP or finding a way around the BP problem altogether).

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tineren View Post
    The buttons at the top that restrict it to incoming, outgoing, at home, in other villages.
    I hope to see separate filters for your own troops returning and troops sent by others at your village.
    I would love to see that too. It sure would help separate the incoming reins from actual attacks; especially, at the WW.


    Weekly quests would be fun as well. It would give someone something to do besides being bored. Though, I wouldn't know what kind of quests could be given.

  9. #9
    Philosopher MokMonster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    home
    Posts
    7,928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poblano View Post
    I would bet that heroes will be weaker and there will be an effort to revive early game micro-raiding (either by a shorter BP or finding a way around the BP problem altogether).
    I dunno... didn't they just change BP (for the bday server) to make it possible to stay in it until you'd settled a 2nd town?

    And they have gone steadily away from micro-raiding, so I wouldn't think they'll reverse it... but I do hope they weaken the hero a bit.
    MokMonster does not support, condone or agree with anything written in this post.
    Any suggestions to the contrary are purely unintentional.
    (Unless you agreed with it -- then I totally said it)

  10. #10
    Villager Poblano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    213

    Default

    Well the biggest complaint about the bday changes was BP, so they'll most likely tinker with the BP lengthening. And it explicitly says they changed hero attributes (and there was an admin on the com forums hinting they'd be doing something like that soon).

  11. #11
    Consul Kurtz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The land of the ice and snow
    Posts
    24,821

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poblano View Post
    Well the biggest complaint about the bday changes was BP, so they'll most likely tinker with the BP lengthening. And it explicitly says they changed hero attributes (and there was an admin on the com forums hinting they'd be doing something like that soon).
    The only people that complained about that are morons that can't play.

  12. #12
    Villager Poblano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    213

    Default

    There are a lot of those in Travian. Where did you think farms came from?

  13. #13
    Consul Kurtz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The land of the ice and snow
    Posts
    24,821

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poblano View Post
    There are a lot of those in Travian. Where did you think farms came from?
    I am not talking about farms. I am talking about people that complain about not being able to micro raid who think they know how to play.

    Being able to adapt your strategy is key. Granted it means that the first couple of weeks isn't as "exciting", but realistically over time you're getting a) more fun and b) more new people being able to learn the game at least to a certain extent.

    The old BP system didn't leave any chances at all for a new player vs someone that could count to 48hrs.

  14. #14

    Default

    Roman and Teuton cranny capacity - 2000 resources

    Gaul cranny - 3000 resources.

  15. #15
    Villager Poblano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    213

    Default

    I like the cycling. You can expect 100 extra CP in your first week from the daily quests if you hit them every day.

    They need to explain the BP situation a little better though.

    Also, it looks like they deleted what you copied from on the com and uk forums. Someone must have leaked it? This is the only forum with the info still left
    Last edited by Poblano; 01-21-2014 at 04:19 PM.

  16. #16
    Ex Crew Members Farmhand
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    33

    Default

    The official change log for T4.4 hasn't been released yet. In the mean time, there was some info posted on the blog.

  17. #17

    Default

    40% increased production without increased troop consumption . Cap hammers are increasingly becoming a bad idea.
    S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie (night shift) S5-r3 Tyche (night shift) S7-r3 Chuckles (night shift)
    S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country (day shift) S5-r7(AEU) Office Space S19-r2 (SE) The Joker

  18. #18

    Default

    Make the new usx thats starting in a week 4.4!!! Let's throw 4.2 into the trash and never look at it again.
    USx R26 - DeathNote (Knights), R25 - Saitama (Knights), R24 - roothlus (NNOF), R23 - CleverCleaver (SWAT), R22 - Empire (SCP), R21 - FairyTail (Knights), R20 - Roothlus (NNOF), R19 - Roothlus (Knights), R18 - Roothlus (Knights), R17 - Roothlus (IDTS!), R16 - Roothlus (Knights & IDTS!), R15 - Roothlus (Knights), R14 - roothlus (NNOF), R13 - CharlieSheen (NNOF), R12 - HannahMontana (zOMG!), R11 - Roo (FLGC), R10 - Roothlus (NNOF), R9 - roothlus (KORN & NNOF)

  19. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tineren View Post
    40% increased production without increased troop consumption . Cap hammers are increasingly becoming a bad idea.
    so instead of 200/hr at lvl 10 we get 280 if my math is correct?

  20. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by unstoppable191 View Post
    so instead of 200/hr at lvl 10 we get 280 if my math is correct?
    Yes, we will have the production of level 11 fields at the cost of level 10s.
    S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie (night shift) S5-r3 Tyche (night shift) S7-r3 Chuckles (night shift)
    S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country (day shift) S5-r7(AEU) Office Space S19-r2 (SE) The Joker

  21. #21
    Senior Community Manager Minke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    263

    Default

    Hi everyone,

    HeadQuarters wanted to use the travian blog to share the details of T4.4 with you during the past week. We now have the changelog posted for you on our forums as well.

    USx will remain a T4.2 version for now, however US3 will receive T4.4. I'm looking forward to your feedback and will make sure to forward everything including your ideas.

    For pre registration and starts please check the announcements that were just posted regarding this.

    Thank you.

    Minke

  22. #22
    Philosopher MokMonster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    home
    Posts
    7,928

    Default

    Minke:
    the change log should probably explain the daily quest system as an addition rather than a change. I would assume there were more people who didn't play the bday server than who did play it. And since it is only a "change" if you played that one particular server, it should be noted as an addition.

    And as an addition, it needs a complete explanation.

    ...not trying to be an *** here, but I have only the vaguest idea of what the daily quests are/do, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.
    MokMonster does not support, condone or agree with anything written in this post.
    Any suggestions to the contrary are purely unintentional.
    (Unless you agreed with it -- then I totally said it)

  23. #23
    Consul Kurtz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The land of the ice and snow
    Posts
    24,821

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MokMonster View Post
    Minke:
    the change log should probably explain the daily quest system as an addition rather than a change. I would assume there were more people who didn't play the bday server than who did play it. And since it is only a "change" if you played that one particular server, it should be noted as an addition.

    And as an addition, it needs a complete explanation.

    ...not trying to be an *** here, but I have only the vaguest idea of what the daily quests are/do, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.
    Not much is the answer. Raid some Natars, throw some parties, build some troops and the like and you've finished the quests. Your bonuses are resources, CP, hero EXP, Plus days, resources bonuses, adventures, small bandages and the like.

    Realistically they just "force" people to do what they should be doing anyway with a few minor bits and bobs as the carrot.

  24. #24
    Villager Poblano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    213

    Default

    Hey Kurtz, I was right about BP changes

  25. #25
    Consul Kurtz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The land of the ice and snow
    Posts
    24,821

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poblano View Post
    Hey Kurtz, I was right about BP changes
    It is dumb. The 2 village thing was a great way to keep people interested.

    As usual they pander to the people that spam maces and forget that they need new customers.

    People that aren't willing to update their strategies and actually think are part of this game's problem.

  26. #26
    Villager Poblano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    213

    Default

    I agree. But there are some people that play this game just so they can rise to the top in the first 14 days of a server and then coast the rest of the time. You've gotta keep it open for both sides, and I think this is a good compromise. Now, we don't exactly know what "maximum" BP is and if you can increase your BP multiple times until you reach that max. But I'd guess that new players are going to be able to stay on BP for enough time to get their bearings.

  27. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurtz View Post
    It is dumb. The 2 village thing was a great way to keep people interested.

    As usual they pander to the people that spam maces and forget that they need new customers.

    People that aren't willing to update their strategies and actually think are part of this game's problem.
    If you truly can extend your BP out to two weeks by clicking something every 3 days I think this is a pretty good compromise. I don't think they liked that people immediately looked for ways to exploit the possibilities of an indefinite BP period. But since we are still not sure what the maximum BP period is we'll have to wait until they tell us.
    S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie (night shift) S5-r3 Tyche (night shift) S7-r3 Chuckles (night shift)
    S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country (day shift) S5-r7(AEU) Office Space S19-r2 (SE) The Joker

  28. #28
    Consul Kurtz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The land of the ice and snow
    Posts
    24,821

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tineren View Post
    If you truly can extend your BP out to two weeks by clicking something every 3 days I think this is a pretty good compromise. I don't think they liked that people immediately looked for ways to exploit the possibilities of an indefinite BP period. But since we are still not sure what the maximum BP period is we'll have to wait until they tell us.
    People will "abuse" that too. Isn't hard to sim your way to village 2 faster than people can raid their way there and have a nice 150% 15C that no one can hit.

    The "abuse" of the BP on the birthday server was minimal and limited to silliness.

    And then people will whine again. Probably the same people to be honest.

  29. #29
    Ex- Head Multihunter
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MokMonster View Post
    Minke:
    the change log should probably explain the daily quest system as an addition rather than a change. I would assume there were more people who didn't play the bday server than who did play it. And since it is only a "change" if you played that one particular server, it should be noted as an addition.

    And as an addition, it needs a complete explanation.

    ...not trying to be an *** here, but I have only the vaguest idea of what the daily quests are/do, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.
    Thanks for the suggestion, Mok; I'll write up an Answer sometime before s3 starts. If I don't say something about it within the next week, feel free to remind me; school just started up again plus I still need to finish some stuff due last semester, so it will be at least a couple days until I can get to it. >.<

  30. #30
    Villager Poblano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    213

    Default

    It's sad that the first 4.4 server starts Monday and they still haven't explained the new BP system... A couple vague bullet points aren't really giving us a clear picture of how it's going to work.

  31. #31
    Ex- Head Multihunter
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    58

    Default

    It's because the developers were still getting feedback from the players on the test server as late as yesterday. There should be a more complete explanation very soon.

  32. #32
    Villager Poblano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    213

    Default

    Sounds to me like they should've started the test server a little sooner. Oh wait, they couldn't. They were too busy with "Tea at Three."
    Last edited by Poblano; 01-26-2014 at 12:20 AM.

  33. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tineren View Post
    I hope to see separate filters for your own troops returning and troops sent by others at your village.
    http://blog.travian.com/2014/01/t4-4...int/#more-1062
    Even better than I hoped:
    Incoming troops can be divided into one or more of the following categories:
    • Incoming raids/attacks
    • Returning troops
    • Incoming reinforcements

    Outgoing troops can be sorted into these categories:
    • Outgoing attacks/raids
    • Outgoing reinforcements
    • Outgoing troops, starting with those sent most recently
    S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie (night shift) S5-r3 Tyche (night shift) S7-r3 Chuckles (night shift)
    S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country (day shift) S5-r7(AEU) Office Space S19-r2 (SE) The Joker

  34. #34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CM Minke View Post
    Hi everyone,

    HeadQuarters wanted to use the travian blog to share the details of T4.4 with you during the past week. We now have the changelog posted for you on our forums as well.

    USx will remain a T4.2 version for now, however US3 will receive T4.4. I'm looking forward to your feedback and will make sure to forward everything including your ideas.

    For pre registration and starts please check the announcements that were just posted regarding this.

    Thank you.

    Minke
    I don't supposed your going to share the logic of the quick reboot of the USx only to miss what looks like a great update of 4.4. Any chance of getting the rally point update in 4.2 since it's only a UI change? Us speed players are feeling no love.

  35. #35
    kabooja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,789

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tineren View Post
    When I read the RP Updates on the blog, I was quite happy. I will assume that this change carries over to the WW Holders. They will be more than happy with all these new time-saving and sanity-saving categories.

    Quote Originally Posted by EOST View Post
    I don't supposed your going to share the logic of the quick reboot of the USx only to miss what looks like a great update of 4.4. Any chance of getting the rally point update in 4.2 since it's only a UI change? Us speed players are feeling no love.
    Over on the au/nz domain, AUX was quick to restart as well given that it ended on January 18th; AU1 will restart as 4.4. It can't be a coincidence in keeping 4.4 to the slow servers.
    ________________________________________________
    "What wisdom can you find that is greater than kindness?"
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

  36. #36
    Villager Poblano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    213

    Default

    Looks like we're getting the Birthday map (good) AND 5 days of BP and we can choose to add another 3 days (interesting).

    Teutons have suddenly lost their early game luster... lol

  37. #37
    Senior Community Manager Minke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    263

    Default

    Hi everyone,

    If there are any specific questions you still have about T4.4 please post it below in a different color so it's easy for me to pick out of the other messages. I can forward them to the developers and get you a clear answer.

    Minke

  38. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CM Minke View Post
    Hi everyone,

    If there are any specific questions you still have about T4.4 please post it below in a different color so it's easy for me to pick out of the other messages. I can forward them to the developers and get you a clear answer.

    Minke
    It looks great so my same question is why is USX not getting it?

  39. #39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EOST View Post
    It looks great so my same question is why is USX not getting it?
    Completely a guess, but often the first few months of a new version has a lot of patches for bug fixes. They may want to avoid starting speed servers under the new version because you'd spend most of the server dealing with bugs. They did something similar with the T4 launch.
    S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie (night shift) S5-r3 Tyche (night shift) S7-r3 Chuckles (night shift)
    S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country (day shift) S5-r7(AEU) Office Space S19-r2 (SE) The Joker

  40. #40
    Consul Kurtz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The land of the ice and snow
    Posts
    24,821

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tineren View Post
    Completely a guess, but often the first few months of a new version has a lot of patches for bug fixes. They may want to avoid starting speed servers under the new version because you'd spend most of the server dealing with bugs. They did something similar with the T4 launch.
    Yes. And cause they whine lots coupled with this.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •