Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Werewolves in Greymont

Quote Originally Posted by YeonAh View Post

Confirmed towns at this point would be Burn (roleclaimed) and JC (also roleclaimed).

I agree with HS that reaching an agreement with the wolves and going after mafia is our best course of action, if town's going to have any hope of winning. The only downfall is that wolves don't really HAVE to agree to help us. It's a lose-lose situation for them. Realistically, there's very little chance of them winning even if mafia is wiped out. Especially if we have correctly guessed which players are the wolves.

Leaving the wolves to it...any leads on who could be mafia?
    Since Flossie is no longer with us I shall give her style of analysis a go.

Leaving aside the two roleclaims.

The Burninator: ROLECLAIMED
    JuliusCaesar: ROLECLAIMED

Here are my thoughts on everyone else.

Sirveri: Obvious clues can be found right there in the name Sirveri, Sir Very Mafia. Anyone one who displays a title so blatantly wants to be seen as important. OBVIOUS MAFIA NAME.

mbstokem: Again the clues are in plain sight. mbstokem is plain code for the mafias stoker. the one who can elimnate all evidence of a kill by using fire. OBVIOUS MAFIA NAME.

gebne: duh. OBVIOUS TOWN NAME.

Mr Bacon: Whilst not as blatant as Sirveri the inclusion of a title is a dead give away. OBVIOUS MAFIA NAME.

Trotter: This one stumped me for a while until i recalled that trotter used to be Jacana. We all know Jack is a court position. Again the inclusion of a title point to scumminess. OBVIOUS MAFIA NAME.

YeonAh: whilst it may appear this name has no meaning it is an anagram of "any hoe" a favoured mafia implement in feudal times. OBVIOUS MAFIA NAME.

Hidden sage: This took a while. It was as though something was there just outside my field of vision. Hovering over my shoulder. This is obviously a mafia name when you catch on to the inclusion of the word hidden. OBVIOUS MAFIA NAME

East (replacing Stephanie): Seriously, a direction for a name? How much more obvious can you be. East is the morning. The end of the night. Mafia hits are done at night. OBVIOUS MAFIA NAME.

Vash (replacing Benedict Arnold). This one requires looking at the replacement and replacee. The name Benedict Arnold has a history with shady dealings. Vash is clearly a reference to the Vashta Nerada, swarming, carnivorous beings. The name means "the shadows that melt the flesh". Clearly Vash is used to making flesh disappear. OBVIOUS MAFIA NAME.

vultura: Yet another one who hides their nature in their name. Vultures also get rid of flesh. Vultura is obviously one used to making the evidence disappear. OBVIOUS MAFIA NAME.
    us1rd4 Shakin&Bakin | us2rd3 DarkFather Dual #665 | us6rd1 NoMercy | us9rd1 NotAMyth (sorceys raid slave and sandwich maker)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drummit View Post
    What the pineappleh's going on, and where are my reins?

Occasionally worshipped by Mitachuk, Hej and Vigil
    and most important Sprouts friend

Vote: gebne
    Reason: She just called me an agricultural tool used to move soil. I shall not stand for it.

(And with that, I think it's bedtime)
    us3-r7: yeonah

Quote Originally Posted by The Burninator View Post
    fix
    You keep using that word.

I am not thinking it means what you think it means.

Vote: Trotter
    Just feel everyone wants to lynch MB but trotter also visited my old form with no explanation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Chak View Post
    By Gump's magical shoes, you've been around since 2007 - how is that possible?
    I know I'm what you're dreaming of. My name is Vash, man of love.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirveri View Post
    wolves 'could' be killing mafia too.

Though they didn't last night. Mainly just waiting for JC to get back with results.
    Sorry, nothing big, no one visited Burn last night.

Vote: Mbstokem
    Reason: Watcher results.

Quote Originally Posted by Zingoleb View Post
    I walked into shoe barefoot one day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacana View Post
    'Cept JC, he's got it right.

I am glad to announce my return. I was struck with a sense of astonishment, as through the very unexpected assassination in my previous life. I guess the mafia had investigated my role by extreme luck or simply made a wild guess.
    Perhaps based on:
    Quote Originally Posted by Hidden sage View Post
    East, your profile pic is the worst idea ever for this round, given that it's literally a wolf. Just sayin'
    But I assure you, that would be a risk I'm not stupid enough to take. My avatar is simply a thematic image of this particular gametype. If I had sensed I was in the spotligt I would have roleclaimed and perhaps still be alive in my previous form today, however I felt I was safe, by the low profile I purposely held.

I will be a tad busy this weekend, but will read up on all the posts since my death. I will make sure to place my vote before the night falls upon us.

Okay, I know I've been quiet, but I'll go out on a limb.

Hidden Sage is right, if you want a town win, you need our help (Rawrf). Unfortunately, as far as I know we don't know the mafia either. We will probably TRY and aim for them, but as we don't know them our odds are as good as yours.

So, you can vote me and lower your opponents while avoiding a town, or we can try and figure out a mafia together and if we are right (even though we won't know, fingers crossed) it will certainly help town.

Um, JK's refusal to comment on this makes me believe that he CAN be.
    I have not refused to comment. My comment has been that all the required information is available and accurate, and that no mistakes were made by me, in KP details, nor in PM's regarding role specials. I will only provide further explanation of things once everything is revealed after the round.

Unvote:Vote:Vash who was once Benedict.

Lack if discussion on the possible werewolf truce, and in fact a rejection of it ti vote for a known wolf.
    Mafia stands to lose most from this, so those who are ignoring it and keep voting for wolves are suspicion to me

HS -- explain why the maffs stand to lose most from this? It seems to me that the werewolves (Trotts and Stokem) stand to gain the most from cooperating. With multiple kills/day, we lose more people faster.

I'll reconsider just lynching all the wolves if it's good strategy, but... why is it good strategy?

Because the wolves can kill mafia. And lynching a wolf tonight leaves us in a lylo (lynch or lose) situation, with 4 mafia and 6 town. The wolves can kill mafia an keep the scales even, buying timefor us and for them. They are both gambles, i just have more trust in the second one

Because the wolves can kill mafia. And lynching a wolf tonight leaves us in a lylo (lynch or lose) situation, with 4 mafia and 6 town. The wolves can kill mafia an keep the scales even, buying time for us and for them. They are both gambles, i just have more trust in the second one
    That's assuming wolves have agreed to help. Trotter says so, but it could just be to avoid a lynch today. They have to turn on town eventually for their win conditions, the only question is when.

Then there's the possibility they kill a townie instead of mafia. It IS a big gamble, and I'm not sure which I like more, because allying with the wolves could either give us a few more days to figure things out or sink us all the faster. Is it better to go against the enemy we know and end up with just one kill per night, or hope that we're killing all the right people?

I'll have to look at that analysis post you put up earlier, HS, because if there's even a possibility of winning without the wolves help it might be the safer route.

fix

Plus how do we ( town ) even know for sure that he is a wolf and not a maf....
    S1R3- Seoul braddah-Yarr
    S1R4 Dollface- 7RU FTW!!!!!
    S1R5 ThatGuy- HB
    S1R6 Yosemite Sam-Toons
    S3-Raefon-DOS
    S3-OnePiece
    S5R7- OnePiece

I'll agree to this truce and won't kill anyone tonight just to save the town a night of 2 possible deaths. Unless somebody knows a mafia and then I can work from there.

vote: Vash
    Self-preservation vote
    Quote Originally Posted by mbstokem View Post
    o ya. i hope he goes back to it. i liked my name being in some1's sig

EBWOP: Burn, if I read HS correctly a few posts ago, he soft-roleclaimed and he's definitely town.

Vote: Vash
    Reason: I wont be around later and need to vote
    S1R3- Seoul braddah-Yarr
    S1R5 ThatGuy- HB
    S1R6 Yosemite Sam-Toons
    S3-Raefon-DOS
    S3-OnePiece
    S5R7- OnePiece

Uh, okay...I just saw Mr Bacon edit his reason from "I see where this is going" to "I won't be around later and need to vote". That sounds like a mafia bandwagon to me.

FOS: Mr Bacon

fix

Unvote: Vote: Vash
    I may have missed the deadline, but I had class.

vote: Vash
    Self-preservation vote
    I know I said in the rules that vote count will not be posted. However, I am giving a heads-up that this vote is not being counted. There was a previous vote by mb, and he did not un-vote.

Unvote: Vote: Vash
    I may have missed the deadline, but I had class.
    Also, this vote missed the deadline, which is noon.

(writing up the KP now)

Fair. In my defense, I was in class, and the RU internet was down. Had expected to be able to get the vote in.

Uh, okay...I just saw Mr Bacon edit his reason from "I see where this is going" to "I won't be around later and need to vote". That sounds like a mafia bandwagon to me.

FOS: Mr Bacon
    Yeah I forgot to put edit.... but eh oh well not much I can do at this point though.....
    S1R3- Seoul braddah-Yarr
    S1R5 ThatGuy- HB
    S1R6 Yosemite Sam-Toons
    S3-Raefon-DOS
    S3-OnePiece
    S5R7- OnePiece

KP-4

After a lot of uncertainty, and no definite agreement by the townspeople, Greymont's executioner tossed a 4-sided coin in the air, and based on the result, dragged mbstokem off to be executed.

In the morning, JuliusCaesar reported that as he was about to head out late in the evening, the doorbell rang. It was a man in a trench coat, with face mostly covered, who claimed to be a lawyer. He had "just a little legal paperwork" that he needed to go through with JC, and "it'll only take a few minutes". However, JC couldn't get away from the table all night. Then as the sun was rising, the man took off and said thanked him for his time.

People then noticed that The Burninator didn't join the morning meeting, so they went over to his house. The door was wide open, and his body was on the front step as if he had simply collapsed when he opened the door. Upon closer investigation, he had a fatal bullet wound in his chest, and there was a note on the front door. It read:
    "Burn, I came by to visit, but you weren't home. So I left you a present inside for when you return."
    Peeking inside, someone noticed an elaborate system of pulleys rigged up, connecting a cable to the door at one end, and a gun at the other.

People then slowly dispersed to go about their days, hoping this horrid nightmare was soon over.

Edit:
    vultura is being replaced by Rokchick
    Last edited by jason_kroeker; 02-07-2014 at 05:15 PM.

[HAUNT]Dammit, now the town thinks I'm just another suicide. Good luck teams.[/HAUNT]

Sigh... I have so many issues with this round

Sigh... I have so many issues with this round
    And you may discuss them with me in PM's, or in-thread after the round is over. Also, please use [haunt] tags now in-thread. Thanks.

JuliusCaesar
    Sirveri
    gebne
    Mr Bacon
    Trotter
    YeonAh
    Hidden sage
    East-that-was-Stephanie
    Vash103-that-was-Benedict Arnold
    Rokchick-that-was-vultura

This be our remaining player base. Four mafia, one werewolf, five townies. Props to the mafia on staying basically untouched so far.

Of those who are here:
    JC is claimed watcher with a lot of credence, and was mafia rb'd last night. I'm confident in him being town.
    Mr Bacon was the first to bring attention to the mafia getting off scot-free for most of the round (post 178). His later stokem vote gives me pause, but it would be VERY un-mafia-like for mafia to want to bring attention to this.
    Trotter claimed wolf, and as the last of his faction, a vote for him is a waste of our time. One werewolf is powerless.
    I've said enough on my own claims for now.

So, 6 players who I have less solid stuff in my head for. One prominent lead among them. The first we saw of a mafia roleblocker was last night. That's significant, in that it was not until replacements started pouring in that we saw the role take effect, which suggests that the lawyer (mafia RB) was inactive for much of the early game.

Rokchick wasn't replaced in until after the kill. Could be mafia, but an inactive vultura being lawyer specifically and the role being used? No.

Vash and stephanie are both eligible for the job. Of them, Vash replaced the player with the least activity, with Arnold having one post in the entire thread (a vote for Burn), while Stephanie was relatively active the first two days. Arnold being an inactive lawyer is more than plausible, so for now:

Reason:
    respect my bureaucracy!

I think that logic is the most sensible.

And yes, I am essentially a vanilla townie with an affection for full moons now.

Vote: Hidden Sage
    Reason: Is Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshyyy View Post
    There is some serious misquoting potential above.
    The rep system should be abolished.

Vote: Hidden Sage
    Reason: Is Mafia.
    To avoid the same thing happening as earlier...Do you have a reason why you think he's mafia?

Granted, while we figured from the very first night that HS wasn't wolf, no one's ever really discussed if he's not MAFIA. If he's town, then it's likely his analysis is sound. But if he's mafia, he could be leading us to lynch one of the few townies left.

Until sirv or HS respond with why or why not he would be mafia, I'm not going to take his word for anything. I'm wary of Mr Bacon with his edited reasoning for lynching Vash; the original reason sounded very much like a mafia bandwagoning on a town lynch to avoid suspicion, and the fact he edited it to something less incriminating makes me even more convinced.

Vote: Mr Bacon

As for HS's reasoning why Bacon wouldn't be Mafia, it isn't a soundproof idea. It isn't un-mafialike to bring attention back to the lack of mafia kills: it was brought up after the identity of the wolves was already figured out. Wolves weren't a threat to mafia so much as higher town numbers were, and a controlled mafia hunt could end up in less townies.

fix

Dang, I would have changed my vote had I seen what happened. Well, that role block sucked, but, as HS said, basically clears me. With Sirv's vote, I'm more inclined to wait for a reply from HS before I vote though.

I'd softclaimed last night, and won't be leaning on my role anymore (not that there is a point anymore). Anyone who's paying attention knows who I am, and that it's a damn shame I didn't get more done sooner. I'm basically a vanilla with math powers at this point, but c'est la vie.

If Sirv wants to convince people I'm mafia and he's not, let him try. If anything, it's convinced me of his scumminess, that he'd throw an unfounded assertion this late in the game. Not the time for screwing around. Game is pretty close to FUBAR, I'll gladly tip my hat to the mafia for keeping us all distracted afterward if this works out for them.

I'll admit, I could be wrong about Bacon, and as I noted, the vote for stokem is unsettling at best. I've been wrong before. I do remain more convinced of Vash due to the role usage argument, though. So my vote stands, I deny Sirv's assertions, and am VERY eager to see his explanation.

I'd softclaimed last night, and won't be leaning on my role anymore (not that there is a point anymore). Anyone who's paying attention knows who I am, and that it's a damn shame I didn't get more done sooner. I'm basically a vanilla with math powers at this point, but c'est la vie.

If Sirv wants to convince people I'm mafia and he's not, let him try. If anything, it's convinced me of his scumminess, that he'd throw an unfounded assertion this late in the game. Not the time for screwing around. Game is pretty close to FUBAR, I'll gladly tip my hat to the mafia for keeping us all distracted afterward if this works out for them.

I'll admit, I could be wrong about Bacon, and as I noted, the vote for stokem is unsettling at best. I've been wrong before. I do remain more convinced of Vash due to the role usage argument, though. So my vote stands, I deny Sirv's assertions, and am VERY eager to see his explanation.
    So then if you're vanilla now, why did you visit Burn last night, the same night he happened to be killed?

Wasn't anyone a bit curious when I said I was 75% sure that Burn was wolf day 2 after HS survived a wolf attack?
    Wasn't anyone a bit curious HOW I knew flossie was town (since she visited MY house the night she died).

So then if you're vanilla now, why did you visit Burn last night, the same night he happened to be killed?

Wasn't anyone a bit curious when I said I was 75% sure that Burn was wolf day 2 after HS survived a wolf attack?
    Wasn't anyone a bit curious HOW I knew flossie was town (since she visited MY house the night she died).
    Burn wasn't a wolf.

Quote Originally Posted by Trotter View Post
    Burn wasn't a wolf.
    Correct, however he DID visit HS night 1.

Look at my first few posts yesterday, Sirv. The claim is REALLY obvious if you stop to think about it. Especially the part where I'm saying the role is one that has no use left. I was trying to resolve a dispute, and I like to check all angles.

As for your role, sirv? I assumed one PR, and now conclude another. Both work for explaining Flossie, and I'm going to take back all the mean things I said about you.

EBWOP: deleted opening portion of my post for giving too much away.

It think both of you have adequately soft claimed that I believe both of you are town.

Reason: HS's logic.

-32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm

I'll be back in a couple of hours to go through all the posts in detail, but from the last couple of pages it looks like vash or HS are top 2 targets tonight. I don't know HS well enough, but if those analysis posts were done by a couple of the other clever clogs on here they would be prime examples of cloaking. So someone who's played a lot more games with him should chime in and say if this is what he does when he's mafia. Otherwise, he might be vanilla now, but he sounds like town with good insight.

Softclaims are all well and good early on when you can be CC'd, but now there are 5 unconfirmed roles out that can't counter.

Is there any evidence that sirv is town somewhere? HS didn't list it. Because he is either grabbing a spiky stick or has a point. I will try and determine it when I go through all the posts again later. In the meantime it's too harsh a call to be completely pointless. So the options in likely order are that Sirv is mafia leading on HS who is town, or he's town leading on HS who is mafia, or mafia leading on HS who is mafia so that when HS dies he's cleared, or town leading on town and doing a really bad job. Actually, the last two are probably equally likely.

So FoS: sirv, vash, HS, Bacon.... everyone else!

Trotter, one question. Why does a wolf want a town win? Is this just a default "if I can't win, let the good guys"? To give you a couple more days I guess. Because really, you could just be saying that. Not a lot of point doing anything else though I suppose and you are pretty useless on your own now. Any chance there are 2 wolves left and the other is just being quiet until enough mafs are gone for them to have a chance?
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

@ Your last: The OP states that the last surviving werewolf is re-slotted as an Indie Survivor role. Trotter can't get kills anymore. It's just a question of not dying for him. Since mafia is more likely to kill him outright than town, allying with town has a better victory condition.

Also, I'm done leading on Sirv. His last post made it clear enough to me he's just town being overly paranoid. If he wants to keep pushing on me, it's his loss. For now, Vash is my lead suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    I'll be back in a couple of hours to go through all the posts in detail, but from the last couple of pages it looks like vash or HS are top 2 targets tonight. I don't know HS well enough, but if those analysis posts were done by a couple of the other clever clogs on here they would be prime examples of cloaking. So someone who's played a lot more games with him should chime in and say if this is what he does when he's mafia. Otherwise, he might be vanilla now, but he sounds like town with good insight.

Softclaims are all well and good early on when you can be CC'd, but now there are 5 unconfirmed roles out that can't counter.

Is there any evidence that sirv is town somewhere? HS didn't list it. Because he is either grabbing a spiky stick or has a point. I will try and determine it when I go through all the posts again later. In the meantime it's too harsh a call to be completely pointless. So the options in likely order are that Sirv is mafia leading on HS who is town, or he's town leading on HS who is mafia, or mafia leading on HS who is mafia so that when HS dies he's cleared, or town leading on town and doing a really bad job. Actually, the last two are probably equally likely.

So FoS: sirv, vash, HS, Bacon.... everyone else!

Trotter, one question. Why does a wolf want a town win? Is this just a default "if I can't win, let the good guys"? To give you a couple more days I guess. Because really, you could just be saying that. Not a lot of point doing anything else though I suppose and you are pretty useless on your own now. Any chance there are 2 wolves left and the other is just being quiet until enough mafs are gone for them to have a chance?
    FoS: Rok.

It's pretty obvious what my PR is if you actually read my posts. I have been hinting at it all round. I specifically mentioned it to try to draw a false claim out of Burn.

Now lets think about what HS could be claiming, none of the tracking roles would be useless at this point, and he says his power is 'useless'. Only useless roles would be wolf specific. That leaves Wolfsbane and Cleric (Bunyip was the Guardian and was killed). He says he visited Burn to 'double check' but there isn't anything to double check using those two roles, because Wolf has ZERO reason to kill Burn, since burn only functions against mafia. Could be the absorber, but that's a non-town role.

The only odd one out is Seer, which can be mob or town. So HS will claim seer, which is awfully convenient and doesn't actually clear him from being mafia. When Burn targetted HS night 1, I was willing to suspect my disbelief for the role claim. But with it this close to the wire, and being the only real lead I have, plus his continued insistence that there are 4 mafia, it's either him or a wolf for the lynch vote.

I am fond of wolves. They are so much fun to watch when they chase their own tails or bite their own leg.

I also feel strongly that HS is town and his logic is pretty sound.

Reason: The sage ones logic and analysis abilities.
    us1rd4 Shakin&Bakin | us2rd3 DarkFather Dual #665 | us6rd1 NoMercy | us9rd1 NotAMyth (sorceys raid slave and sandwich maker)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drummit View Post
    What the pineappleh's going on, and where are my reins?

Occasionally worshipped by Mitachuk, Hej and Vigil
    and most important Sprouts friend

You're actually positing that the mob would have the only seer role in a round like this, Sirv? What have I said or done in this round that makes you think I'm so definitely mob, besides visiting Burn (who had been posited as a wolf by JC's claim during day 3, hence my desire to doublecheck him)? Why is claiming seer today such a "convenient" move, when I'd made my initial claim a whole day earlier?

The fact that you're debating the lynch as between me and Trotter when the lack of a wolf kill last night makes it INCREDIBLY obvious that the wolf faction is already neutralized-- it's idiotic. If that's your debate, fine, lynch me, I'll laugh my way to the grave as town hangs itself on your paranoia.

In the meantime, I'm not claiming Seer now-- I claimed it yesterday, and you didn't show up to notice. That isn't really my problem.

We can lynch Vash (or any comparatively-guilty suspect) and have a chance to keep playing, or lynch me and watch the game be forfeit. Your call, Sirveri.