Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FTP's Colossal Indie Smackdown 2014

"The edge of the world and all of Western civilization"

Default FTP's Colossal Indie Smackdown 2014

Yes, you read that title correctly. This round will be sheer Emsanity . To be honest, I'm not sure I'll be able to balance it right, but oh well - not my problem! After simming this a couple times using actual player names and trying to predict what I thought each person would choose for a kill or for their role, I found it's actually more fair than you would think. However, I must admit that some win conditions are definitely harder to achieve than others.

Game Mechanics

As host I am obligated to explain how Mafia works even though all of you already know how it works. Mafia is a game in which each player plays a vital (or not so vital) role in either seeking out and lynching the mysterious mafia and the selfish indies, killing off and out-numbering the village and indies, or achieving one's own unique win conditions.

The Village (AKA "Town") wins when they kill off all foes - mafia or anti-town independents. Each member of the town is given his individual role, but is not told the role of anyone else. It is the job of the villager to find all the non-town. Each day, everyone votes on who should be lynched. In this game, that will be the only way town can kill off non-town. Towns may not communicate with anyone else privately, only in-thread.

The Mafia (AKA "Mob" or "Scum") wins when they outnumber or tie all other non-mafia. The mafia is told who the other mafia are, and they are allowed to communicate in private. Each night, the mafia gets to kill someone in order to deplete the village population and work toward their victory. They can also manipulate the town into lynching innocent players to accelerate this process.

The Independents each have their own unique conditions for winning the game. Some can win with either the town or the mafia, but most must be killed off or outnumbered in order for either side to win.

Rules and More Information

-Cutoff for the Kill Post ("KP") is 8 PM PDT (11 PM EST) each night. All votes and specials must be in by this time.
    -Each player must vote at least once each day and send in their role to be considered active.
    -A "no lynch" vote is allowed on any day, but abstaining is never allowed.
    -Each vote must be in bold (e.g. Vote: FTP)
    -A "FoS" (finger of suspicion)can be used to accuse someone without voting for them. Please bold these as well.
    -Please Unvote any time you change your mind on who to vote for. You can unvote as many times as you want.
    -No voting for the host . Not that any of you would vote to lynch such a great guy, but there are bad people out there who might do such a thing.
    -Role-claims are allowed, but beware the potential consequences

Order of Roles and Events

Roleblock
    Lynch
    Wolf Feeding
    Monk/Doc Save
    Follower
    Kills (SK and Mafia)
    Investigation

So, without further ado, here are the roles...

Village

Cop - Each day, the Cop selects one player and will receive a message displaying that player's alignment. An "innocent" report is usually either a town or a "town-friendly" indie. A "guilty" report is usually a member of the mafia or an "anti-town" indie. Receives the report after the KP.

Tracker - The tracker can follow someone in order to discover who that person followed that night. Receives the report after the KP.

Drunk - Can prevent one person each day from using their role. Role-blocks take precedence over all other KP actions.

Doctor - Can save one person from death each night. Doctor saves are not reported in the KP unless successful.

Villager - An ordinary member of the town. No special.

Mafia

The Godfather - Sends in the kill each night and who carries out the despicable deed. If the Godfather dies, the next role on this list sends in the kill in his place. Godfather appears innocent to investigations.

Stalker - Also called "role cop" or "snitch". Can follow one person each night to find out their exact role. Report is received after the KP.

Hooker - Can visit one player each day to prevent them from using their role. Role-blocks take precedence over all other KP actions.

Henchman - An ordinary member of the mafia. No special.

Independents

Fool - Wins if lynched. Cannot win any other way. Appears innocent to investigations.

Lyncher – Receives one target player at the start of the game. The target will be a member of the town or a town-friendly indie. If that player is lynched, the lyncher wins. The lyncher can also win with the town. Appears innocent to investigations.

Serial Killer - Can kill one person each night. Wins when either he is the last one standing, or when there is just one other player remaining. Appears guilty to investigations.

Grudge-Bearer - Is given three targets at the start of the game. These targets must die by any means before the grudge-bearer in order for him to win. Appears innocent to investigations.

Survivor - Wins if survives until the end of the game. Can win with either side (mafia or town). Appears innocent to investigations.

Werewolf – This is not like Jason's werewolves. This werewolf role is taken from Epicmafia. At the start of the game, the werewolf receives all roles currently in the game. Each night, the werewolf can try to match a player with a role. If the werewolf guesses correctly, he devours that player and becomes invulnerable to lynching or killing the following day. However, if he guesses wrong his name and role becomes revealed to everyone. The werewolf is not required to send in his role each day (or ever), and can instead choose to bide his time until he's positive. The werewolf wins when he is either the last player remaining, or if there is just one other player. Doctor and Monk CANNOT save from the werewolf. Appears guilty to investigations.

Politician - At the start of the game and then each day after, the politician receives a notification of his random alignment. Politician can be aligned with either the village ( as essentially a "villager") or the mafia (as essentially a "traitor"). It's a 50% chance to be aligned with either side each day, so it's definitely possible to be aligned with the same side multiple days in a row. When the politician is aligned with the mafia, he may NOT communicate with the other mafia. The politician is highly influential; each of his votes counts double. When the politician is aligned with the town, he appears innocent to investigations, and when he is aligned with the mafia he appears guilty.

Prophet - MUST make a selection before the first KP. Prophet tries to predict on which day the game will end. If the prophet guesses correctly, he wins - even if he dies before the end of the game. This is the only way he can win. Innocent to investigations.

Monk – Can save one person from death each night. If the monk makes 2 successful saves, he wins. Can alternatively win with the town. Only successful saves will appear in the KP. Innocent to investigations.

Lover - MUST make a selection before the first KP. Lover chooses one player to fall madly in love with her. If either of the two dies, the other dies as well. Wins if both are alive at the end of the game with whichever alignment her target is. Innocent to investigations.

Mistletoe - Selects two people each day. If those two people are of the same alignment, they "fall in love" (though nothing actually happens to them). If they are not of the same alignment, the attempt will fail and the mistletoe will be notified. Wins if everyone alive except herself has fallen in love with someone. Alternatively, she can also win the town. Innocent to investigations.

*Special note: If an indie meets his win conditions before he dies or before the end of the game, he has won; however, he will not be announced victorious until either his death or until the game finishes because I don't want the game to end right there or to expose that player. For example, if the mistletoe has successfully made everyone fall in love but is still alive and the game is still going, I will wait to announce her victory until either she dies or the game ends. In that case, the indie must still continue playing in order to be announced victorious. If she goes inactive after, I will revoke her win.

Players:
    The Burninator - Hooker
    mbstokem - Werewolf
    ???? - Tracker
    Trotter - Stalker
    Mr Bacon - Drunk
    Flossie Schmumpus - Lyncher (Target: Yeonah)
    YeonAh - Doctor
    Sirveri - Politician
    Rokchick - Mistletoe
    bw87 - Fool
    JuliusCaesar
    Hidden Sage - Lover
    Gebne - Cop
    jason_kroeker - Godfather
    Vash103

KP 1

KP 2

KP 3

KP 4

KP 5

MAFIA WINS!

FOOL WINS!
    Last edited by FTP; 02-24-2014 at 10:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Arnold View Post
    Now go on you, shoo!

EBWODP: Oh and yes, I am aware that the town is grossly outnumbered by non-town, but remember that many indies are town-friendly. For example, the monk doesn't have to be lynched or killed in order for the town to win, and since mafia will want to kill off town or town-friendly indies it's likely the monk will try to save both, thus assisting the town. Some indies CAN win with town, meaning they don't have to be killed off in order for a town victory. Those indies are practically town, except that they also have their own possible win conditions as well.
    Last edited by FTP; 02-18-2014 at 09:04 PM.
    Now go on you, shoo!

Question: on the werewolf, does he have a kill role in addition to the role-matching buff? If so, is it a general "able to kill one target per day" or is it more restricted?

Request: don't make me the prophet. I already have the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden sage View Post
    Question: on the werewolf, does he have a kill role in addition to the role-matching buff? If so, is it a general "able to kill one target per day" or is it more restricted?
    Nope. All the werewolf can do is try to guess or not. It's not as boring as it sounds, trust me. It's definitely a fun (and challenging) role. Though I must admit the main reason it's in there is to prevent role-claims .

EDIT: Oh, I see why you were confused. I forgot to put that if he guesses correctly, he eats the player. So yes, the player does die. I fixed the description, sorry about that!

EDIT X2: Actually, it was kind of funny. As I mentioned before, I simmed this entire game using real forum members' names to test the balance of my setup - Trotter won as werewolf and Sirveri won as fool, LOL. Trotter ended up eating Rokchick near the end of the game, since she claimed lyncher because her target (bw) had already been killed. So I'm interested to see how accurate my simulation was XD. Oh and don't worry, those aren't necessarily their roles for the real game!
    Last edited by FTP; 02-18-2014 at 09:38 PM.
    Now go on you, shoo!

Vote: FTP

Reason: I had to.
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

Quote Originally Posted by FTP View Post
    Nope. All the werewolf can do is try to guess or not. It's not as boring as it sounds, trust me. It's definitely a fun (and challenging) role. Though I must admit the main reason it's in there is to prevent role-claims .
    Yes!
    Quote Originally Posted by mbstokem View Post
    o ya. i hope he goes back to it. i liked my name being in some1's sig

Roles have been PM'd; game has begun. If I forgot anyone, it's probably just because I don't like you, but let me know anyway
    Now go on you, shoo!

I love that i signed up for this round. Also nice to see ya playing on the epic mafia forum
    S1R3- Seoul braddah-Yarr
    S1R4 Dollface- 7RU FTW!!!!!
    S1R5 ThatGuy- HB
    S1R6 Yosemite Sam-Toons
    S3-Raefon-DOS
    S3-OnePiece
    S5R7- OnePiece

Also Vote: Flossie
    Reason: Trust me im not mafiaso
    S1R3- Seoul braddah-Yarr
    S1R5 ThatGuy- HB
    S1R6 Yosemite Sam-Toons
    S3-Raefon-DOS
    S3-OnePiece
    S5R7- OnePiece

Why are you wanting us to vote Flossie?

Quote Originally Posted by Joshyyy View Post
    There is some serious misquoting potential above.
    The rep system should be abolished.

This round seems fun. Anywho

Vote: Trotter
    Reason: Gotta keep the tradition going.

Quote Originally Posted by Zingoleb View Post
    I walked into shoe barefoot one day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacana View Post
    'Cept JC, he's got it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bacon View Post
    Also Vote: Flossie
    Reason: Trust me im not mafiaso
    Why are you such a meanie poopie pants???

Quote Originally Posted by Sirveri View Post
    Why are you wanting us to vote Flossie?
    He is a meanie poopie pants and fears my powers of mafia hunting.
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

-32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm

Quote Originally Posted by JuliusCaesar View Post
    This round seems fun. Anywho

Vote: Trotter
    Reason: Gotta keep the tradition going.
    Well, I think a vote is essential, so

vote: Sirveri

Reason: "a danger to town even when he's one" :P
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

Oh this looks like fun =D So many different win conditions! If we don't have at least 3 separate wins by the end I'll be disappointed.

Are we gonna get a Flossie-style scum analysis this round?
    us3-r7: yeonah

Quote Originally Posted by The Burninator View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by YeonAh View Post
    fix
    You keep using that word.

I am not thinking it means what you think it means.

Many much indie.

Just FYI, if I am marginally inactive, it's because I am kind of trying to resolve some personal issues. I usually post a lot, so hopefully this means I'll just be average.

Vote: No lynch

Just FYI, if I am marginally inactive, it's because I am kind of trying to resolve some personal issues. I usually post a lot, so hopefully this means I'll just be average.
    Thank you for letting me know.
    Now go on you, shoo!

Vote: Gebne
    Reason: Is a pineapple

Thank you for letting me know.
    I can't tell if this is sarcasm .

I'm letting you know right now

-32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm

I can't tell if this is sarcasm .

I'm letting you know right now
    Don't think it was. Politeness is so scarce here it's hard to recognise.
    FoS: Burn
    Reason: Is making excuses for scum hiding

See.. that's more like it eh?
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

Reason: Host is an Indy

Umm, shoot Guess i can't.

Unvote
    Retired as of 10/13/14 after 7 and a half years of playing. Good luck to those who continue to play.
    us2; Round 6 - Adjudicator (Getter) (BACON) (Lost)
    us3; Round 2 - stevo (Getter) (QoD) (Lost)
    us3; Round 3 - stemem (Getter) (SI) (Won)
    us3; Round 4 - BliZZarD (Getter) (Delicious) (lost)
    us3; Round 5 - Ice Lillies (Getter) (DoS) (Semper DoS)
    us3; Round 7 - Revolt (Getter) (SI) (Won)
    us8; Round 1 - Heavenly Wrath (Getter) (TNT) (won)
    com3; Round ? - General Mills (Getter) (ReD DoS/TWD) (Lost)

Vote: Rok

Reason: I need to use my paper and scissors a lot this week.
    us1rd4 Shakin&Bakin | us2rd3 DarkFather Dual #665 | us6rd1 NoMercy | us9rd1 NotAMyth (sorceys raid slave and sandwich maker)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drummit View Post
    What the pineappleh's going on, and where are my reins?

Occasionally worshipped by Mitachuk, Hej and Vigil
    and most important Sprouts friend

vote: gebne

I reject your vote and substitute my own as you did not provide a reason.
    us1rd4 Shakin&Bakin | us2rd3 DarkFather Dual #665 | us6rd1 NoMercy | us9rd1 NotAMyth (sorceys raid slave and sandwich maker)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drummit View Post
    What the pineappleh's going on, and where are my reins?

Occasionally worshipped by Mitachuk, Hej and Vigil
    and most important Sprouts friend

It's tradition gebne, you should know that by now

Vote:Mbstokem

Trotted is the tradition. Quit trying to pass gebne off as the bird man

After simming this a couple times using actual player names and trying to predict what I thought each person would choose for a kill or for their role
    So what you're saying is that I thought mb was mob and always voted him, and he thought I was mob and always voted me?

-No voting for the host . Not that any of you would vote to lynch such a great guy, but there are bad people out there who might do such a thing.
    Reason: what happens if you break the rules?
    (and there's still time to switch before KP)

-Role-claims are allowed, but beware the potential consequences

Werewolf – This is not like Jason's werewolves. This werewolf role is taken from Epicmafia. At the start of the game, the werewolf receives all roles currently in the game. Each night, the werewolf can try to match a player with a role. If the werewolf guesses correctly, he devours that player and becomes invulnerable to lynching or killing the following day. However, if he guesses wrong his name and role becomes revealed to everyone. The werewolf is not required to send in his role each day (or ever), and can instead choose to bide his time until he's positive. The werewolf wins when he is either the last player remaining, or if there is just one other player. Doctor and Monk CANNOT save from the werewolf. Appears guilty to investigations.
    I would bet ten bucks there's actually no wolf in this round... it's just an empty threat to prevent role-claims! I won't believe there's a wolf until I see a wolf-eating.

Unvote: Vote: No lynch
    Reason: Flossie was here and changed it
    S1R3- Seoul braddah-Yarr
    S1R5 ThatGuy- HB
    S1R6 Yosemite Sam-Toons
    S3-Raefon-DOS
    S3-OnePiece
    S5R7- OnePiece

That's a DAMN good way to prevent roleclaims though .

Flossies 100% Guaranteed No Fail Scum Analysis.

The host:
    FTP-one super sneaky dude, I have decoded his name with my special decoder ring....his real identity is No Lynch! Yup that good for nothing lunch money stealing good for nothing school yard bully! The scumiest scum of them all.

The players:
    More scum:
    The Burninator---he likes to make you think he is hot stuff, make you worry he will torch your place, oh if it were only so....real seceret name is Ice Man, he will put you on ice the first chance he gets
    mbstokem---he is soo cute, just look at his cuddly avatar. But beware it is just a disguise, behind all that innocent looking demeanor lurks a scum operative that even they are scared of
    ????---she is just a sweet college coed working hard to get good grades...okay that is what they want you to believe, reality she will break your legs in a heart beat if you do not do as scum says
    Trotter---with his dramatic flair he can appear to be anyone at any time, he wants you to think he is just another struggling actor....nothing could be further from the truth he is high in the scum hierarchy giving direction at will.
    Mr Bacon---His yummy good looks appeals to both men and women....who can resist bacon? He uses this to enmesh the enamored in his web of deceit...he sets up the marks for the scum machinations
    YeonAh---She is a sweet grandmother....no no no....rumor has it that she broke her own grandmother's legs when she didn't pay the protection money. She is the scum insurance salesman....if she knocks on your door....just buy what she's selling, it is safer
    Sirveri---seemingly a mild mannered craftsman, he is the the scums armorer...he delights in figuring out new ways to 'get the job done'
    Rokchick---a mild mannered wife and mother...oh if it were only true. Scums best enforcer hides behind the facade of soccer mother and PTA maven BEWARE!!!!!
    bw87---mild mannered accountant by day and at night....oh he is an accountant alright, keeps the books for the scum....and to let off steam once in a while he does a little "night work"
    JuliusCaesar---Up and coming boxer...or at least that is what they would have you think, reality in charge of the scum's smuggling operations...he is also really good at cleaning up after an 'operation'
    Hidden Sage---is everything his name is not. He is the flamboyant joker of scum....do not mistake his lightheartedness for kindnesss....there is none in him....he likes nothing better than changing a look from laughter to horror...scums favorite psychopath
    Gebne---nice lady next door that makes sure things run smoothly. Do not ever cross her...the previous GF did, much to his demise. The real power....the puppet master
    jason_kroeker---Gebne's favorite soldier, loyal only to Gebne...when the GF gives him an order he always checks first with Gebne to see if it is okay
    Vash103---up and coming scum, eager to make his mark, always looking for an opportunity to help the scumish way

Innocence and perfection personified:
    Flossie Schmumpus---again I am stuck in the morass of scum, how does this happen? All I want to do is to tend my garden.

Quote Originally Posted by Flossie Schmumpus View Post
    The Burninator---he likes to make you think he is hot stuff, make you worry he will torch your place, oh if it were only so....real seceret name is Ice Man, he will put you on ice the first chance he gets
    If only I could feel that way
    Quote Originally Posted by Flossie Schmumpus View Post
    mbstokem---he is soo cute, just look at his cuddly avatar. But beware it is just a disguise, behind all that innocent looking demeanor lurks a scum operative that even they are scared of
    ROFL, you would disagree if you knew how utterly obnoxious that creature is.

If only I could feel that way

First ::hug hug hug::

Second...I know it is some silly LOL creature that causes trouble...but it just reminds me of a sugar glider

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden sage View Post
    Vote:Mbstokem

Trotted is the tradition. Quit trying to pass gebne off as the bird man
    I've always voted for Gebne

FoS: HS, being intentionally obtuse

I was thinking the same thing when I read that.

@ Flossie's pic: D'awwww

Unvote
    Vote: no lynch
    Reason: Flossie's analysis

Well, ????, apparently we're in charge of breaking legs this round =P

If I knock on your door, it's only to sell Girl Scout cookies, I swear.

Vote: No Lynch
    Reason: First night, and lynching the host isn't allowed.
    us3-r7: yeonah

Quote Originally Posted by YeonAh View Post
    fix
    You keep using that word.

I am not thinking it means what you think it means.

Current Vote Count (I think)

No Lynch - 4 votes (The Burninator, Mr Bacon, jason_kroeker, YeonAh)
    Gebne - 2 votes (bw87, mbstokem)
    Trotter - 1 vote (JuliusCaesar)
    Sirveri - 1 vote (Rokchick)
    Rokchick - 1 vote (gebne)
    mbstokem - 1 vote (Hidden Sage)

So much host button-pushing You miscreants just wait... if you die, I'll have lots of fun with your kill post!
    Now go on you, shoo!

Current Vote Count (I think)

No Lynch - 4 votes (The Burninator, Mr Bacon, jason_kroeker, YeonAh)
    Gebne - 2 votes (bw87, mbstokem)
    Trotter - 1 vote (JuliusCaesar)
    Sirveri - 1 vote (Rokchick)
    Rokchick - 1 vote (gebne)
    mbstokem - 1 vote (Hidden Sage)

So much host button-pushing You miscreants just wait... if you die, I'll have lots of fun with your kill post!
    You just gave us added incentive and host button pushing is TRADITION! You cna't go against tradition.

Just in case my vote for FTP before the game started didn't count....I do not see it here, I will use his code name and vote for him now.

Reason: No Lynch is FTP's code name

FOS: Flossie
    She was town the last 2 rounds, and didn't do her anaylis. She did it this time

Retired as of 10/13/14 after 7 and a half years of playing. Good luck to those who continue to play.
    us2; Round 6 - Adjudicator (Getter) (BACON) (Lost)
    us3; Round 2 - stevo (Getter) (QoD) (Lost)
    us3; Round 3 - stemem (Getter) (SI) (Won)
    us3; Round 4 - BliZZarD (Getter) (Delicious) (lost)
    us3; Round 5 - Ice Lillies (Getter) (DoS) (Semper DoS)
    us3; Round 7 - Revolt (Getter) (SI) (Won)
    us8; Round 1 - Heavenly Wrath (Getter) (TNT) (won)
    com3; Round ? - General Mills (Getter) (ReD DoS/TWD) (Lost)

Vote: Flassie Smarphus (Flossie)
    Reason: Cuz' way I see'z it. Eitha she, or rok.... ... ... ... ... .. .. .. . . . . . .. . . .. .. ... . .... .. .. . .. . .. . .. . .. .

*Put's on sunglasses

IS MAFIA!

WHaaaaaaaoaoaoOOooOOooooaoAoooooooo
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Chak View Post
    By Gump's magical shoes, you've been around since 2007 - how is that possible?
    I know I'm what you're dreaming of. My name is Vash, man of love.