Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Offical World Wonder Battle Report Thread R7.

Quote Originally Posted by Old MacDonald View Post
    All in all a successful op.
    I suppose I can't claim that we haven't splatted on ops any more.

But I'm sure that Don Juan is happy with their splat.

Quote Originally Posted by Gressor2 View Post
    A great hammer and a beautiful hit. Regarding the hammer train.... I'm sure people here who have put out Ops before can appreciate the complete frustration that occurs when orders are not followed properly.

You know, difficult details such as "you are the lead hit"... and "target the residence/palace on double shot".

One can only hope that the player involved takes this lesson to heart, and makes efforts to not repeat such a silly (and costly) mistake. In a game full of details, this one stung.

Yes, the player in question made a mistake. And targeted the residence and main building instead of the residence/palace. Though with your obvious coordination of attack plans with NVF I am surprised that you did not KNOW which building was there since NVF scouted it 2 days earlier. But whatever. The real point is that you would have failed anyway. The smallest gap in that fail train was 3 minutes. And we had a dual on and plenty of tablets. So look to the OC or the OC team for the fail and quit blaming your members. You work with what you have, and if that means you have to babysit each hitter up to the second they launch, then that is what you should do. This is part of how you build a team that may not be so hot right now, but can come back and dominate future servers.

Excel

Quote Originally Posted by Outsidergua View Post
    Your team --emphasis on the word "tried"-- tried to chief DJIV's and Tiamat's hammer.
    Now IOW's is trying to get us to give him brownie points for "almost" keeping DJIV from stomping all over his homeboys from the NW WW.

For the record, I did give your team credit for the planning in our skype room. Was a good surprise, well kinda bad for us. Turned out good in the end for us... argh...you know what I mean.
    It was good planning. VERY BAD execution, didn't mean to belittle the Op planning with my comment above. Simply contending that IOW's argument. You know, "almost chiefing two hammers" amounts to really nothing in the great scheme of things.
    Don't be an idiot. It wasn't my op it wasn't planned with the NW. It was however very competently planned. Yep some newer hammer players made mistakes, it happens.

Not mooshings waves on the WW were interesting as well. I guess execution can be a problem anywhere.

If you have to babysit every hammer for every second for each launch that is a little ridiculous. People need to follow what were simple instructions in a game of details.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurtz View Post
    I may not like you, but I do know that you're good at this game
    S1R4 - ISLEOFWRATH - So much for not lasting a week here. #2 Pop
    S1R5 - TYLER DURDEN - NATAR WIN! 75 Villages Chiefed Oh look we won.
    S1R6 - TMNT - Fiercest Commander Say What!#1 Attacker.

Some other stuff I've written.

Quote Originally Posted by IsleofWrath View Post
    Not mooshings waves on the WW were interesting as well. I guess execution can be a problem anywhere.
    Info Great Warehouse has been destroyed
    The execution seems fine to me. Sure there were a couple extra waves of cats that didn't do anything, but it's not like they would have done any extra damage if they were in the first wave.
    S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie (night shift) S5-r3 Tyche (night shift) S7-r3 Chuckles (night shift)
    S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country (day shift) S5-r7(AEU) Office Space S19-r2 (SE) The Joker

Quote Originally Posted by Tineren View Post
    The execution seems fine to me. Sure there were a couple extra waves of cats that didn't do anything, but it's not like they would have done any extra damage if they were in the first wave.
    Given that it was clear shortly afterwards, it could have actually done some decent damage.

Almost. Kind of like they almost chiefed a hammer or 3.

Except N-DAFT's WW's aren't looking so hot these days. Well except the ones with barracks in them.

It wasn't my op it wasn't planned with the NW.
    Yeah, right

Reply that^ with this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tineren View Post

If you have to babysit every hammer for every second for each launch that is a little ridiculous. People need to follow what were simple instructions in a game of details.
    Look, you can throw any kind of dumb argument you want all night. At the end of the day, you're still the n00b that holds a spy arty in a non Scout hammer village. And spends his time filling out spreadsheets with spikes. Instead of you know...using that time to help your group.
    Из России с любовью
    s1r7 Hammer 1
    s1r7 Hammer 2
    S2r6 Mr. Noodle/ FEAR 2WW hits not saved
    s5r5 Hammer 1 Won
    s5r5 Hammer 2 Won
    s8r1 Cap Hammers are back Won
    S2R2 Outsidergua Lost
    Guide to Cap Hammers

Quote Originally Posted by m.walker.m View Post
    Yes, the player in question made a mistake. And targeted the residence and main building instead of the residence/palace. Though with your obvious coordination of attack plans with NVF I am surprised that you did not KNOW which building was there since NVF scouted it 2 days earlier. But whatever. The real point is that you would have failed anyway. The smallest gap in that fail train was 3 minutes. And we had a dual on and plenty of tablets. So look to the OC or the OC team for the fail and quit blaming your members. You work with what you have, and if that means you have to babysit each hitter up to the second they launch, then that is what you should do. This is part of how you build a team that may not be so hot right now, but can come back and dominate future servers.

Excel
    There is a reason that the OC didn't know which structure existed there. But you wouldn't believe the answer.

If all of our accounts had multiple duals, then sure, life would be much easier. Reality is that the lead hammer was a player the OC was babysitting, after RL had been taking a toll on his playing time. In fact, the TS had to be demo'd down, just so the account owner could launch at the time he could manage to be online.

Online time rules in this game. For members and for OC's who plan Ops and might try to micromanage such players. The more time your members can be on, the greater their ability to run an account and/or execute Op orders. The more time an OC can be online, the greater their ability to micromanage and "hold hands" as you suggest. Since you're so readily critical of the OC in this case (who wasn't IOW, btw), why don't you tell us how many duals you have on your account. Then let us all know how many accounts over here you think have that many people on 'em.
    us1rd4 Gressor2 / Narwhal
    us1rd5 Elmo / RetrofitMID
    us1rd6 JL Picard
    us1rd7 Putin
    us5-AE Happy Gilmore

Quote Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
    It's huggling when they do it, it's strategy when I do it.

We have 3 duals. One of whom is on for an hour or so a day. We normally have coverage gaps of a couple or 3 hours twice or 3 times a day.
    I did not aim that jab at any particular player, but in general at whoever organized and planned that op.
    It has not been a secret that we have duals.
    But back to the point you (and IOW) have been ignoring. That op would have failed even if all your attackers had executed flawlessly.
    As far as me believing why your OC did not know the building? I would believe most anything out of TD or NVF at this point.
    Now here we are. Hammer gone in a good cause, Hammer village sub-optimal at best, yet you are still sending attacks at us.
    That type of target selection is also "sub-optimal". Next thing you know, you will be trying to steal arties again. Unless you are going for a building strength arty to protect your WWs, that is SO yesterday for this server.

Excel

There is a reason the job is called Offensive Coordinator rather than Offensive Planner. The problem wasn't that a player picked the wrong target, the problem was that apparently no effort was made to repair a botched launch sequence before it landed.
    S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie (night shift) S5-r3 Tyche (night shift) S7-r3 Chuckles (night shift)
    S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country (day shift) S5-r7(AEU) Office Space S19-r2 (SE) The Joker

Quote Originally Posted by Gressor2 View Post
    Online time rules in this game. For members and for OC's who plan Ops and might try to micromanage such players. The more time your members can be on, the greater their ability to run an account and/or execute Op orders. The more time an OC can be online, the greater their ability to micromanage and "hold hands" as you suggest. Since you're so readily critical of the OC in this case (who wasn't IOW, btw), why don't you tell us how many duals you have on your account. Then let us all know how many accounts over here you think have that many people on 'em.
    I never planned an op last round without first talking to every hammer I was going to involve to find out what they could commit to for launch times. I manipulated the land times around what worked best for the majority, and I counted on people to make good on their commitments to me. That's not even remotely how ops were planned in TapDat when I was getting orders. Without a similar trust and dialog between the OC and his resources you will often end up with half-cocked ops that are prone to failure.

That is, of course, unless you have a bunch of veterans on dualed up bloodthirsty accounts that are ready to go 24/7. But, lets be honest, that doesn't happen. We've seen mistakes from duals in Care on both offensive and defensive situations. There are mistakes made by every team, but clearly some are more prone to shooting themselves in the foot (repeatedly).
    s1: The Dude
    s19: Venom

Mods be all up on deeznutz

Quote Originally Posted by b4dm0therf View Post

That is, of course, unless you have a bunch of veterans on dualed up bloodthirsty accounts that are ready to go 24/7. But, lets be honest, that doesn't happen. We've seen mistakes from duals in Care on both offensive and defensive situations. There are mistakes made by every team, but clearly some are more prone to shooting themselves in the foot (repeatedly).
    Well Said!

Could we leave this thread to what it is actually designed for?? Battle reports of WW hits... no chit chat... I come on here everyday wanting to see just the BR's and no BS that usually comes along with it... So how about you guys/girls stop spamming this thread and take the conversation elsewhere. /thanks
    Several rounds and servers played:
    3kings
    darklord73
    Azar

Nice hits guys do you want to post the BR's yourselves?

Senator

Yeah, let's give the attackers a little bit to get them up if they please. Everyone deserves that
    My first hammer: s8r1 - mhisti
    Not my first hammer: s1r4 - Loved1

s1r7 - Ifrit 3,111,384 offense points

[6:49:56 PM] Bugzy: Let's report Ifrit for genocide

Yeah, let's give the attackers a little bit to get them up if they please. Everyone deserves that
    Will do. Gratz on the hits.

And I was worried I didn't have enough cats...

Quote Originally Posted by bw87 View Post

And I was worried I didn't have enough cats...
    As long as IOW plays for the other team. We shall never worry about not having enough cats to hit their WWs.
    He will always undermine the WW defense in favor of his account
    Please thank him on your way out.
    Из России с любовью
    s1r7 Hammer 1
    s1r7 Hammer 2
    s5r5 Hammer 1 Won
    s5r5 Hammer 2 Won
    S2R2 Outsidergua Lost
    Guide to Cap Hammers

As long as IOW plays for the other team. We shall never worry about not having enough cats to hit their WWs.
    He will always undermine the WW defense in favor of his account
    Please thank him on your way out.
    Thank you IOW

Also a big thanks to the following 4 guys. Good job !

1. The rammer

2. GW/GW catter

3. The WW killer

4. Oops! A gg instead of 2x GW.
    We'll live with it

5. Last minute launch
    Last edited by Outsidergua; 05-28-2014 at 06:10 PM.
    Из России с любовью
    s1r7 Hammer 1
    s1r7 Hammer 2
    s5r5 Hammer 1 Won
    s5r5 Hammer 2 Won
    S2R2 Outsidergua Lost
    Guide to Cap Hammers

Can't post defense, can you? :|

No restrictions.

Also, there's even less to feed now.

I thought you could now. I'll await for MOD to confirm but I'm sure those rules recently changed.
    Из России с любовью
    s1r7 Hammer 1
    s1r7 Hammer 2
    s5r5 Hammer 1 Won
    s5r5 Hammer 2 Won
    S2R2 Outsidergua Lost
    Guide to Cap Hammers

I am curious why you would toss in a hybrid Gaul rammer 5 hours later to target a main. Weird choice.
    US1:
    R4 Poopydiapers Rebels and Grassy
    R6 Lethal Jimmy: Ethos http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2303146e4a1
    R7 Julius Pleaser
    US2: R6 Churchill Downs: Bacon (dual) http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2354796f9e4 The rebuild http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2354849ce46
    US3: R8 Evolution http://travian-reports.net/us/report/223457ba7b3
    US6: R4 Snowflake - GAH EGR (wish I had saved the report)
    US7: R3 Lethaljimmy - ACME (EGH should have saved these ones too)

Quote Originally Posted by lethaljimmy View Post
    I am curious why you would toss in a hybrid Gaul rammer 5 hours later to target a main. Weird choice.
    Unlike you Jimmy I can offer you insight into what goes on around here. BTW, still waiting on your take about your Op from to nights ago.

At any rate, we were supposed to hit 4 GWs at Kimmie's WW. The hammer that just landed was given Main Building as the target because --again-- we were targeting only 4GWS.
    Ultimate goal was 4GWs+MB
    Unfortunately, a small mistake was made and instead of killing 4GWs we ended up hitting 3GWs and a GG.

Looking back...we could always had this hammer send on IOnlyWhine I guess. But then Kurtz would not get to say that he cleared him
    Из России с любовью
    s1r7 Hammer 1
    s1r7 Hammer 2
    s5r5 Hammer 1 Won
    s5r5 Hammer 2 Won
    S2R2 Outsidergua Lost
    Guide to Cap Hammers

But then Kurtz would not get to say that he cleared him
    We could have hit Kimmay! instead. I told the powers that be to send us where our troop numbers fit best.

Either target suited me absolutely and completely to a tee.

The question was in honest curiosity that's a hell of a gap. But a hybrid at the back end for just a main is not an ideal line up. Nice front end rammer with 17k and holding it down after a recent hit. Good job to doc jay. The others seemed kind of small for eghs.

Og, I have no need to say how hi when you say jump. I will kindly spit in you face and watch you smile thinking you have any control over me. If you do not have the reports that's your bad. Travel back and notice in the forum that while I was a work I did not have access to see who was hit in our wings. So I made a claim much like yours in the forum. You took the bait and I quickly jumped into action sending resources to the players that were hit. You fell for it and frankly I won't. Have a nice day.
    US1:
    R4 Poopydiapers Rebels and Grassy
    R6 Lethal Jimmy: Ethos http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2303146e4a1
    R7 Julius Pleaser
    US2: R6 Churchill Downs: Bacon (dual) http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2354796f9e4 The rebuild http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2354849ce46
    US3: R8 Evolution http://travian-reports.net/us/report/223457ba7b3
    US6: R4 Snowflake - GAH EGR (wish I had saved the report)
    US7: R3 Lethaljimmy - ACME (EGH should have saved these ones too)

The others seemed kind of small for eghs.
    I agree. And yet they did exactly what they intended to do.

Why kill off the big guns when you can use minis?

The others seemed kind of small for eghs.
    Aint that a beauty? we get to smash your blob WWs with small hammers

Og, I have no need to say how hi when you say jump. I will kindly spit in you face and watch you smile thinking you have any control over me. If you do not have the reports that's your bad. .
    For the record, you are the one using the analogy of me being your master and you my obedient canine.
    At any rate, don't care about reports. All I wanted was your opinion about your Op from two nights ago.
    But I know you wont comment on it. Which pretty much equals to you telling Death Star that his Op sucked and you can't stand by it.
    Unless of course, you have something different to say. Floor is yours...
    Из России с любовью
    s1r7 Hammer 1
    s1r7 Hammer 2
    s5r5 Hammer 1 Won
    s5r5 Hammer 2 Won
    S2R2 Outsidergua Lost
    Guide to Cap Hammers

Looking back...we could always had this hammer send on IOnlyWhine I guess. But then Kurtz would not get to say that he cleared him
    He didn't clear, Iron fist did and still lost 30 % of his sent hammer.Kurtz killed 2 wheat fields with 66k imps and 35k ec's (precision!).

Stop making the mistake of presuming there is a single way of doing things.

Senator

Heh, Iron Fist lost 30% of the remainder of the hammer that he used to clear Eyeball Paul's WW last week. You're just the sloppy seconds.
    My first hammer: s8r1 - mhisti
    Not my first hammer: s1r4 - Loved1

s1r7 - Ifrit 3,111,384 offense points

[6:49:56 PM] Bugzy: Let's report Ifrit for genocide

Heh, Iron Fist lost 30% of the remainder of the hammer that he used to clear Eyeball Paul's WW last week. You're just the sloppy seconds.
    That hammer just won't die

http://www.travian-reports.net/us/report/26529729a04

2 regular warhouses!!!! a baracks and a stable.
    OMG, that's sooo nob. reminds me of r1 when we wanted to build a hero mansion in order to grab a wheat oasis to help in feeding.
    Last edited by muller-52; 05-28-2014 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by muller-52 View Post
    http://www.travian-reports.net/us/report/26529729a04

2 regular warhouses!!!! a baracks and a stable.
    OMG, that's sooo nob. reminds me of r1 when we wanted to build a hero mansion in order to grab a wheat oasis to help in feeding.
    HAHA I remember that! That poor oasis took a beating, and the time it took was the time needed to beat South!
    The power of Murdok......
    wow i love that Murdok guy he ain't even a Mh anymore but i am still scared he will ban me lol

... Reputation and respect are earned, not given, no matter how big your ban-stick may be. He ain't no Murdok.

No restrictions.

Also, there's even less to feed now.
    I thought you could now. I'll await for MOD to confirm but I'm sure those rules recently changed.
    To clarify you may post any BR's on a WW without edits. You can post the attacker, the defender and the number of troops but only on a WW. I've copied the rule below for those who are interested.

2.4: Battle Reports

Battle reports may be posted on the forums, however they must not contain the in-game names of affected players or their villages. Posts in connection with the battle reports must not contain even a hint of who the affected player(s) are; battle reports must be completely anonymous. Acceptable methods of making battle reports anonymous include replacing the In Game Name and village name with either letters (ex. "xxx," "yyy"), an extremely vague description ("Silly Village," "Silly Account,") or alliance names. Information must not be posted in such a manner that makes the identity of the affected player(s) apparent.

Please note that we are lifting this restriction for World Wonders. Battle reports on World Wonders may be posted with no edits.

Thanks Slip... I guess I misunderstood that one.

Gotta love my fire catapults!

http://www.travian-reports.net/us/report/2654918fcb2

Believe it or not, this was simple and sweet revenge.

(not gonna try to work with kimmie ever again either...)

This being the WW BR thread: Can we get da BR from the second TapDat WW to go down? I feel all left out when nobody shows me these things

Surely someone is proud of their hammer?

Quote Originally Posted by tiamat View Post
    This being the WW BR thread: Can we get da BR from the second TapDat WW to go down? I feel all left out when nobody shows me these things

Of course I do, but I wasn't much of a forum person. I tried to put a message up last night but it didn't quite let me for whatever reason.

http://www.travian-reports.net/us/report/2654918fcb2

Revenge is sweet.

I think that was one of their x-members who did that.

Not sure I am allowed to post it due to the source I got it from, but I PM'ed you it (on Skype).