Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Offical World Wonder Battle Report Thread R7.

Yeah you all **** the bed on this one. I was pretty surprised at the lack of size in some of your hammers too.
    http://tallraz.com/wp-content/upload...6042070689.png
    http://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_mtifihupun1rfbp0oo1.mp3#_=_
    Quote Originally Posted by Woden View Post
    See what you've done, modern day Republicans? You've made things so bad that I'm having to agree with Rokchick about something.

Quote Originally Posted by lethaljimmy View Post
    That op was ment to do one of two things, Pull defense from a WW or take the artifact. Everyone in that op knew that it was a high risk op. The defense we ran into was far more then we thought Care would risk. I would say that is why defense was missing from the other WW but I know that the change in defense took place a few days ago. It was a brilliant move to leave one out on a limb and keep the other one stacked. Not knocking the defense, I have said for a long time witchy is excellent and with the anvils at her finger tips that she has she has done excellent. Hats of to you.

NVF planned for the defense to stay intact at the -100 0 WW. Had that happened and we had launched at lvl 90 I think the outcome would have been different. That being said would you all like to see the hammers since the only one reporting is IOW and I might be the only NVF player in the Forum?

I've seen them already, but I think it would be good for you to show those that have not seen them.

Excel

That being said would you all like to see the hammers since the only one reporting is IOW and I might be the only NVF player in the Forum?
    Yes please, we haven't posted anything as a form of respect to allow (you) the attackers to post your BRs as seen from your end.
    Из России с любовью
    s1r7 Hammer 1
    s1r7 Hammer 2
    S2r6 Mr. Noodle/ FEAR 2WW hits not saved
    s5r5 Hammer 1 Won
    s5r5 Hammer 2 Won
    s8r1 Cap Hammers are back Won
    S2R2 Outsidergua Lost
    Guide to Cap Hammers

Last edited by lethaljimmy; 06-02-2014 at 04:28 AM.
    US1:
    R4 Poopydiapers Rebels and Grassy
    R6 Lethal Jimmy: Ethos http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2303146e4a1
    R7 Julius Pleaser
    US2: R6 Churchill Downs: Bacon (dual) http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2354796f9e4 The rebuild http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2354849ce46
    US3: R8 Evolution http://travian-reports.net/us/report/223457ba7b3
    US6: R4 Snowflake - GAH EGR (wish I had saved the report)
    US7: R3 Lethaljimmy - ACME (EGH should have saved these ones too)

Oh go cry to steph and keep imagining you had anything larger than a mini hammer.
    http://tallraz.com/wp-content/upload...6042070689.png
    http://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_mtifihupun1rfbp0oo1.mp3#_=_
    Quote Originally Posted by Woden View Post
    See what you've done, modern day Republicans? You've made things so bad that I'm having to agree with Rokchick about something.

Classy. But what would I expect when I go to view a post from the only person I care not to hear from and still have blocked. That will be that last post of yours I ever do that with. I take solace in the fact that I never have to click to view another post of yours again.
    Yet, you still care enough to reply to him. Still waiting on those BRs though.

Some nice hammers thrown around. Mad props to the Care anvils for weathering those tonight!
    us1rd4 Gressor2 / Narwhal
    us1rd5 Elmo / RetrofitMID
    us1rd6 JL Picard
    us1rd7 Putin
    us5-AE Happy Gilmore

Quote Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
    It's huggling when they do it, it's strategy when I do it.

Well, I kind of rethought the post and just edited it with the reports. Talking with Pap makes me think he is Francis.

US1:
    R4 Poopydiapers Rebels and Grassy
    R6 Lethal Jimmy: Ethos http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2303146e4a1
    R7 Julius Pleaser
    US2: R6 Churchill Downs: Bacon (dual) http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2354796f9e4 The rebuild http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2354849ce46
    US3: R8 Evolution http://travian-reports.net/us/report/223457ba7b3
    US6: R4 Snowflake - GAH EGR (wish I had saved the report)
    US7: R3 Lethaljimmy - ACME (EGH should have saved these ones too)

Quote Originally Posted by Kurtz View Post
    Collectively you haven't seen our hammers at all. You may like to think your's was big, but...........

As for you doing the job... LOL. If you had hit our -100|-100 WW you would have done a lot more damage.

Thank you for splatting such a nice hammer on our relatively lightly defended WW.

But of course you knew that. You were going for the O points again.....

Just like last round, you chose the target that would make you look the best rather than the one that would help your team the most.
    Hey, you beat me to that.

To IOW: Nice Hammer
    Last edited by muller-52; 06-02-2014 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by muller-52 View Post

The result would have been 2 zeroed wws.
    Did you sim that out? Just wondering if it's true. Since, they couldn't get the wall down and all...
    s1: The Dude
    s19: Venom

Mods be all up on deeznutz

Quote Originally Posted by b4dm0therf View Post
    Did you sim that out? Just wondering if it's true. Since, they couldn't get the wall down and all...
    Yeah, ours certainly wouldn't have knocked it down, either.

us1rd6 JL Picard
    us1rd7 Putin
    us5-AE Happy Gilmore

So... were all the OCs in TapDat building EGHs? I wonder if that somewhat explains the lack of enthusiasm for running skirmish ops.

So... were all the OCs in TapDat building EGHs? I wonder if that somewhat explains the lack of enthusiasm for running skirmish ops.
    Putin seemed to do some attacking. Not as much as I may have expected from that dual team, but still they weren't *only* simming.

Senator

If they go with that, I'm calling bull
    My first hammer: s8r1 - mhisti
    Not my first hammer: s1r4 - Loved1

s1r7 - Ifrit 3,111,384 offense points

[6:49:56 PM] Bugzy: Let's report Ifrit for genocide

Quote Originally Posted by Kurtz View Post
    Putin seemed to do some attacking. Not as much as I may have expected from that dual team, but still they weren't *only* simming.
    I'll still accept a failing grade for our own account's aggression level this round. We could have been more active. We should have been more active. I personally have regrets, in hindsight, about the way we managed our own account thru-out the round. If we'd had more active Ops, we definitely would have continued the development/growth of the second hammer, versus basically abandoning it after blowing it on clearing a large spy for a teammate. I'm not necessarily speaking for my dual, but I'll admit I didn't do a very good job anticipating the differences between previous rounds, and this 2x production server.

I don't think we performed up to the standards/expectations that we entered the round with.
    us1rd6 JL Picard
    us1rd7 Putin
    us5-AE Happy Gilmore

The round is not over, still plenty of time to show some aggression. Maybe not zeroing WW level of aggression, but there are still plenty of pests around our WW that should be removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gressor2 View Post
    I don't think we performed up to the standards/expectations that we entered the round with.
    You need people behind you to keep up interest. The constant bickering and lack of basic teamwork within DAP will have contributed greatly to your performance.

Yes, the OCs both built EGHs, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't the reason for lack of ops. From what I personally saw, it was mainly lack of participation, assets, and/or failure of people (at the time) to follow instructions that kept us from running more. People underestimated Cares D team (no matter how much we warned them) and thought they could just launch a hammer or few without much planning or alliance help. (a couple times, the day or 2 before we were about to op). We knew very early that Care was the team to beat, coming in with the player base, experience, and above and beyond activity.

Your account was a perfect example of this. No matter how many times we, or the enemy for that matter, told you to be patient or at least make your hits mean something. You/They just didn't listen and wasted valuable assets(which we didnt have a lot of with all the new/inexperienced players). Not only did you waste the assets, but you made building trust take longer/harder and in turn lowered team morale. (which is HUGE when you START with limited assets and activity)

They didn't trust the leadership (as should be expected with multiple 'enemy' groups coming together). It took time to build that trust and experience. Throw in those facts with the fact that the OC's didnt have a ton of time(we looked for leadership help most of the round, but no one stepped up) and you have your answer.

Activity was the killer, from the start. Lack of activity means less assets, support, and ability to see incoming. If you aren't on you can't stop hits or hit others. That simple. We've come a long way since the start of the server. I'll say more once the round has ended (and I'm not saying its over yet either) but for now that will have to do.
    Last edited by nips27; 06-02-2014 at 03:15 PM.
    HEY!!! WTF are you doing looking down here? My post is up there idiot! ^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Baron80 View Post
    You really showed me. Even though I know you just handed my *** as much as one can on a forum.
    us5r7(AE) - Ghostbusters

That op was ment to do one of two things, Pull defense from a WW or take the artifact. Everyone in that op knew that it was a high risk op. The defense we ran into was far more then we thought Care would risk. I would say that is why defense was missing from the other WW but I know that the change in defense took place a few days ago. It was a brilliant move to leave one out on a limb and keep the other one stacked. Not knocking the defense, I have said for a long time witchy is excellent and with the anvils at her finger tips that she has she has done excellent. Hats of to you.
    It still boggles my mind why teams send days worth of fakes giving the other team lots of time to scout and decide where reals may be going. My best end game op was server 6 when we launched overnight and our opponent didnt have much time to react. (although we did use speeds for this) But it was basically a one two punch. I know some will say it takes that long for some hammers to move but w/o looking at the TC I believe both NVP and TAP/DAP have speed arties. Share them, use them to their potential.
    us8 Lanie - Lanie
    us3r3 - Horse
    us6r3 - Puzzle TR/RTA Puzzle Hammer
    us3r4 - GOB (another massive Gaul anvil) - Winners
    us6r4 - Satans Choice - THC http://travian-reports.net/us/report/1905565bba5
    us7r3 - Chuckles - Stooges http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2106816d1bd
    us2r6 - Bonzi - Tueton anvil, not recommended if you like to raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Verlanie View Post
    Share them, use them to their potential.
    They haven't even shared the troop trainers properly. What makes you think that their people will give away their pretties when it comes to speed?

Didnt they give one to terse so he could attack you guys? Although, I did not see their main hammer either? So we sent our bigger hammers at you guys, and they held back their potentially top hammer? Interesting....

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious_Machine View Post
    Didnt they give one to terse so he could attack you guys? Although, I did not see their main hammer either? So we sent our bigger hammers at you guys, and they held back their potentially top hammer? Interesting....
    Give a speed?

Opal Horseshoe VIII (‎**2‬‬‎) Treasury: 10, Effect: Village terse SPLAT

You should be paying more attention.

Opal Horseshoe VIII (‎**2‬‬‎) Treasury: 10, Effect: Village terse SPLAT

You should be paying more attention.
    Why bother? The fact that they're having to go beg Terse to hit with them just proves they're screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by nips27 View Post
    Your account was a perfect example of this. No matter how many times we, or the enemy for that matter, told you to be patient or at least make your hits mean something. You/They just didn't listen and wasted valuable assets(which we didnt have a lot of with all the new/inexperienced players). Not only did you waste the assets, but you made building trust take longer/harder and in turn lowered team morale. (which is HUGE when you START with limited assets and activity)
    It always seemed like nobody looked at getter. Even when I wrecked a hammer before ops, I always had a second (or third). The first half of the round I was building three at a time. Getter was always up to date, but I was never asked to use a second hammer. Even on a low priority 'fluff' target or something. Fact is, I always had a hammer to use, and was more than willing to throw it for you guys. The only time I ignored orders, was during arties, when I launched into the NE to try and pull in a large GG/GW for us.

Also, I call bull**** on the team morale bit. Don't try and put that on me. I was highly active on the forums, providing intel, posting smashings. I cleared A LOT of the SE, and made it a much safer place for the people within 30 squares of me. From all of the interactions I had with those folks, I think morale was raised if anything by my actions during the first half of the server.

Also, how is beating the **** out of the enemy an untrustworthy action? I aimed to build trust through being transparent with what I knew and what I did. I kept getter updated like a champ, and I communicated wins, losses, strategies and intel vigorously.
    Last edited by b4dm0therf; 06-02-2014 at 05:09 PM.

It was just an unfortunate situation altogether. We simply needed better OC participation to keep people involved and active. That might have led to the development of better assets, and quicker, through increased enthusiasm and participation. It is difficult to lay blame on an experienced person looking to throw their assets around. No fault on you there. That being said, there was at least twice, where I actually got the RL time to sit down and do an Op... and you'd splatted on something independent just a day or two prior. I've stated several times here that I'm a fan of your work (this round and last). But with where our group was at, we needed experienced and dependable large assets to work as clears for our average people (who were quite small). And it was frustrating having one of our best repeatedly not be able to fulfill that role.

But again, that is more of an "OC availability" issue, rather than laying blame at your feet. All other things equal, increased OC participation/activity would have kept alliance wide assets busy right along with you. And I say this as one who deserves blame in that, as I came into the round pledging myself to serve that role, and things just didn't work out that way.
    us1rd6 JL Picard
    us1rd7 Putin
    us5-AE Happy Gilmore

It still boggles my mind why teams send days worth of fakes giving the other team lots of time to scout and decide where reals may be going. My best end game op was server 6 when we launched overnight and our opponent didnt have much time to react. (although we did use speeds for this) But it was basically a one two punch. I know some will say it takes that long for some hammers to move but w/o looking at the TC I believe both NVP and TAP/DAP have speed arties. Share them, use them to their potential.
    Against some targets, especially less active ones (and less active D coordinators), days worth of fakes are a good way of muddying the waters.

God, I've got 50+ incomings on the hammer, time to fill out the damn form AGAIN? And make the D coords leaf through it AGAIN? And host a stack of D on my hammer city for ANOTHER day when I'm trying to build troops? That blows. At some point, many people start getting sick of dealing, and will start getting sloppy, which is what you're generally banking on with the day after day of faking.

Now, to make it really work, if your enemy is on top of things like scouting, you need to get a bit tricky. If an enemy is known to do wheatscouts, I'd launch fakes and have piles of scouts sitting in hammers on day 1 and 2. Or launch fakes, and have hammers go launch on a nearby natar or something, so that if wheatscouted on day 1 and 2, the wheatscout shows "ooh, big hammer is in motion at time X, so the real must have been launched before time X, so anything launched after time X is therefore fake...", then the hammer gets back after X (because it was just on a 12-hour-round-trip not doing much) and launches for real. Stuff like that to confuse and distract your enemy defense team, by taking into account the fact that they are looking at and reacting to the fakes. If done right, you can hopefully lure enemy anvils off into a false position, so that your reals zip through with light losses on day 2 or 3

As you say, though: speed ops are frequently better than long-fake ops. If you can make use of a speed artifact or close positioning to jump someone from under 24 hours out, launching in the middle of the night means not much defense reaction time, which is often better than giving them the warning of a day of "hi, there's an op coming up" fakes. Some of us are out in the boonies, though, which makes that difficult.

Additionally, some people want to keep the speed arties on heavy raiders, on the belief that "more income" is preferable to "better op performance". This may or may not be true, but there is certainly something to be said for that heavy pile of income turning into more hammer later for someone.

IOW combined with Cairenn would have zeroed WW1. But if swapped with Cairenn I simmed level 52.
    S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie (night shift) S5-r3 Tyche (night shift) S7-r3 Chuckles (night shift)
    S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country (day shift) S5-r7(AEU) Office Space S19-r2 (SE) The Joker

My best end game op was server 6 when we launched overnight and our opponent didnt have much time to react. (although we did use speeds for this)
    if you're talking about our hit...this was pretty sweet.

but technically, i didn't have the speed arti on that one.
    (mostly because of my hammer playing noobishness... which i prefer not to bring up lol ).

Anyways, instead, left the catas at home,
    so it was still only 17hrs from my rammer (out in the boonies) to the NE wonder...
    then add-in the overnight launch planning + lots of red bull

and if you weren't talking our particular hits... then just ignore me, and carry on.
    Last edited by 2puggles; 06-02-2014 at 06:42 PM.
    us4r4 - 2puggles - TDS (REBELS)
    us6r4 - puggles - THC - harmless kitten attacks WW
    us4r5 - puggle braynes - TDS has stuff
    us2r6 - CareBearzerker - FEAR - WW Hit#1, #2, #3
    com7 - w8 4 it... - CWL - WW joins my empire
    us1r7 - puggles - MHU

Quote Originally Posted by 2puggles View Post

but technically, i didn't have the speed arti on that one.
    (mostly because of my hammer playing noobishness... which i prefer not to bring up lol ).

Anyways, instead, left the catas at home,
    so it was still only 17hrs from my rammer (out in the boonies) to the NE wonder...
    then add-in the overnight launch planning + lots of red bull

and if you weren't talking our particular hits... then just ignore me, and carry on.
    You were part of that awesome team and end game planning Worked perfectly for us, doesn't mean it will work for everyone.
    us8 Lanie - Lanie
    us3r3 - Horse
    us6r3 - Puzzle TR/RTA Puzzle Hammer
    us3r4 - GOB (another massive Gaul anvil) - Winners
    us6r4 - Satans Choice - THC http://travian-reports.net/us/report/1905565bba5
    us7r3 - Chuckles - Stooges http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2106816d1bd
    us2r6 - Bonzi - Tueton anvil, not recommended if you like to raid.

Quote Originally Posted by 2puggles View Post
    In your siggy, the links to s2... I especially like this one.. Our own teammate flashing red swords on our own wonder because the enemy couldn't do the job..lol

http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2354542194d

^^ That was an epic team effort feeding that defense after first supplying it.. As the Nimmo acct holder there, and the fun I've had on this round of s1 on this AWESOME team as well, and a 9 year stint in travian, I will be soon singing this song..

s1 : Storeythor http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2674061c50d
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    Gotta be talented to look after 2 WW's simultaneously. Or crazy... Crazy seems more like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gressor2 View Post
    The more I read of OdinLoki's posts, the more I want to play alongside him. Not for the results, as frequently good as they are, but for the sheer fun he seems to have at it. Would + rep if I could, man. Always enjoy reading your stuff... and mostly cringe at the results contained in 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chas00 View Post
    Storeythor,most offensive/defensive account holder on the server.
    He's a nut and the more the odds are stacked against him, the better he seems to come out of it.

2659688f8b8.jpg

~161 hours = 6.7 days
    Last edited by Ruebear; 06-05-2014 at 09:10 AM.

Suddenly everyone else's imp count looks good.
    S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie (night shift) S5-r3 Tyche (night shift) S7-r3 Chuckles (night shift)
    S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country (day shift) S5-r7(AEU) Office Space S19-r2 (SE) The Joker

Great hit!!!
    Also, I noticed the natars show up in the list now. When will they start building? Did anybody calculate the exact day?

Great hit!!!
    Also, I noticed the natars show up in the list now. When will they start building? Did anybody calculate the exact day?
    It doesn't matter since they will finish on day 350 +/- 1 day.

Edit:
    I guess around Sep. 12
    Last edited by bw87; 06-05-2014 at 08:18 PM. Reason: Didn't see tineren's post in another thread

So, uhm... all these NVF people on top attackers, but the WW stats look like the care WWs have barely been dented... Was there some fail so huge that the hits didn't even get posted?

So, uhm... all these NVF people on top attackers, but the WW stats look like the care WWs have barely been dented... Was there some fail so huge that the hits didn't even get posted?
    Not NVF, but still a huge fail:

You make a good point. BRs never got posted and there seems to be a good number of people wondering about it.

Here are the BRS. These are from Sunday 8th. All on them on Evil Troll's big WW

1. Puccini

2. Fantastic

3. Sultro

4. Avlon

5. Death Star

6. Vezkor

7. rmguccioni

These are from Wednesday 11th.

1. Mighty Akilles

2. Jonardan
    Из России с любовью
    s1r7 Hammer 1
    s1r7 Hammer 2
    S2r6 Mr. Noodle/ FEAR 2WW hits not saved
    s5r5 Hammer 1 Won
    s5r5 Hammer 2 Won
    s8r1 Cap Hammers are back Won
    S2R2 Outsidergua Lost
    Guide to Cap Hammers

Quote Originally Posted by Outsidergua View Post
    You make a good point. BRs never got posted and there seems to be a good number of people wondering about it.

Here are the BRS. These are from Sunday 8th. All on them on Evil Troll's big WW
    What ate rmguccione's clear? 10k+ cats, but sad lack of infantry and cav to go with them.

Avlon: never double target the WW! You are more likely to do damage if you target WW/nothing; split-fire cuts your chances of doing damage dramatically.

Vezkor should have been at the tail end -- if you're going to send a small hammer, take advantage of the fact that the bigger guns will kill some troops, and also lower the WW-level, giving it the easiest possible target.... Though maybe it was small enough that you thought it just didn't have a chance, in which case you should have instead sent it immediately after the rammers, just using it to burn a few defenders.

And unfortunate timing with the two on wed not being coordinated with the rest, they would likely have knocked another couple of levels off if they'd come in right on the heels of the other set (less wall, plus the lost defenders...)

Quote Originally Posted by tiamat View Post
    What ate rmguccione's clear? 10k+ cats, but sad lack of infantry and cav to go with them.

Avlon: never double target the WW! You are more likely to do damage if you target WW/nothing; split-fire cuts your chances of doing damage dramatically.

Vezkor should have been at the tail end -- if you're going to send a small hammer, take advantage of the fact that the bigger guns will kill some troops, and also lower the WW-level, giving it the easiest possible target.... Though maybe it was small enough that you thought it just didn't have a chance, in which case you should have instead sent it immediately after the rammers, just using it to burn a few defenders.

And unfortunate timing with the two on wed not being coordinated with the rest, they would likely have knocked another couple of levels off if they'd come in right on the heels of the other set (less wall, plus the lost defenders...)
    And that is just to start. If you look at what they sent last time, it makes it even worse.