Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not now, honey, I'm playing Travian!

Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    I could say the exact same about Unforgiven, I watched him incorporate thousands of troops from multiple villas into his cap. Russian Bear uses the feature aswell, hell, if I had that much gold on hand I'd do the exact same.
    I did the same thing when you killed all my raiders. My own fault for not having standing defense, but with a little gold, I only lost ~6 hours raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by toober View Post
    I did the same thing when you killed all my raiders. My own fault for not having standing defense, but with a little gold, I only lost ~6 hours raiding.
    Who are you in game ?
    s1 : Storeythor http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2674061c50d
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    Gotta be talented to look after 2 WW's simultaneously. Or crazy... Crazy seems more like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gressor2 View Post
    The more I read of OdinLoki's posts, the more I want to play alongside him. Not for the results, as frequently good as they are, but for the sheer fun he seems to have at it. Would + rep if I could, man. Always enjoy reading your stuff... and mostly cringe at the results contained in 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chas00 View Post
    Storeythor,most offensive/defensive account holder on the server.
    Quote Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
    He's a nut and the more the odds are stacked against him, the better he seems to come out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by odinloki View Post
    Who are you in game ?
    Creuton would be my guess..
    S1-R7: Kizmet ~ Care - #1 Attacker (Terse is a b***h)
    S2-R6: Symphony ~ FEAR - WW 75 to 0 http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2351573f0f7
    S1: Al Bundy

Quote Originally Posted by Enyalois View Post
    You're actually in an alliance, that right there means I know what huggling is

Who are you in game ?
    toober knows who I am, but I have no clue who toober is

So there!

Wait!! storeythor (ie Greg). LMAO I almost didn't connect

No Mozart, you couldn't guess even if I tried to chief one of your villas, let alone who I am. I am pretender. One that has no clue about the game. How could you even know about such a smaller player LMAO. Remember you are too good to play with the likes of me LMAO

Creuton would be my guess..
    But we didn't run over Creuton's troops, did we ?? I was leaning towards DarkFeNiX, when we hit him early on..
    Gotta be talented to look after 2 WW's simultaneously. Or crazy... Crazy seems more like it.
    The more I read of OdinLoki's posts, the more I want to play alongside him. Not for the results, as frequently good as they are, but for the sheer fun he seems to have at it. Would + rep if I could, man. Always enjoy reading your stuff... and mostly cringe at the results contained in 'em.
    He's a nut and the more the odds are stacked against him, the better he seems to come out of it.

But we didn't run over Creuton's troops, did we ?? I was leaning towards DarkFeNiX, when we hit him early on..
    Yep, got all my TTs while I was sleeping. Someday I'm gonna learn to play well with others and get a dual. Even a sitter would be nice sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by toober View Post
    Yep, got all my TTs while I was sleeping. Someday I'm gonna learn to play well with others and get a dual. Even a sitter would be nice sometimes.
    Wait, ok so is this Creuton, or DarkFeNiX..?

Wait, ok so is this Creuton, or DarkFeNiX..?
    LMAO, now you think I am a Cartel guy? Why couldn't I be an EXP guy? or a an OCD guy?

I know, I russian bear, the leader of the GREENS !!!

In all honesty, I am Hulk, and this has been a bad joke. I am sorry guys. I decide to crash my hammer tonight and delete. My delete counter is set to delete in just under 50 hours from now.

Quote Originally Posted by BenHur View Post
    LMAO, now you think I am a Cartel guy? Why couldn't I be an EXP guy? or a an OCD guy?

In all honesty, I am Hulk, and this has been a bad joke. I am sorry guys. I decide to crash my hammer tonight and delete. My delete counter is set to delete in just under 50 hours from now.
    I was not talking to you.. But yet your pompous self keeps replying to my convo with Toober.. Go get a room with yourself already..

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous Mike View Post
    Apparently you forgot the Punisher. I watched him transfer hammers to multiple villages. Seems like a lot of skill and strategy there with all that gold usage
    Which is it? If you "watched" the army transfers (following battle reports) in Carthago then you must be in CARTEL. Did you make the cut for the big team or did they put you on the JV squad?

Hi, Hulk here.. Pretty sure you're not on my account as the ability to build and recycle hammers seems to be lost to you. I would however be interested in knowing where you are located so my next batch of recyclables can be shipped directly to your doorstep.. Or are you too much of a coward to reveal your in game name in fear of being blown into smithereens by a clearly more talented group which is H&V?
    S1R8 ~ Kal El - Win!
    S2R7 ~ MaTaJuAnEs - Loss! / S2R8 ~ iIRiTAtOr
    S3R8 ~ LordDeath - Win! / S3R9 ~ LordDeath
    S5R8 ~ LordDeath - Win!
    S19R1 ~ Goosebumps - Win! / S19R2 ~ Hulk - Win!
    Travian Tourny Qualifier ~ Ganja Gang

Quote Originally Posted by Spider01 View Post
    And just to be clear, I don't care how many servers you delete on. It's just not that important to me anymore.

I am Groot!

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeath View Post
    Hi, Hulk here.. Pretty sure you're not on my account as the ability to build and recycle hammers seems to be lost to you. I would however be interested in knowing where you are located so my next batch of recyclables can be shipped directly to your doorstep.. Or are you too much of a coward to reveal your in game name in fear of being blown into smithereens by a clearly more talented group which is H&V?
    Well admittedly, hulk scares me So is there any truth of you deleting?

We could very well turn our hammers on Greg's and just sit back and have some

Quote Originally Posted by Groot View Post
    I am Groot!
    Hi Groot. Now, you are a class act

And what leader are you or ever been.
    I heard a rumour that everyone in H&V was a leader of some sort or another. Decisions that, in other alliances, would be made by leadership are apparently taken by the hoi polloi within H&V. If so, that would make him a leader. Perhaps someone in H&V could clarify for us.

Last time I checked we had 3 or 4 leaders. But we have not met or done anything but point out goals for most of the round.
    We did find/make/convince others to make some tools early on, but we have not really even needed that for at least two months now.

Here is an average convo between me and a member who wants to run an idea past leadership

Them: It would be great if we did "A".
    me: That sounds like a decent idea. How would you go about it?
    them: step "X", step "Y", step "Z"
    me: Some of the players you want to use are currently doing "B". Maybe if you did "V" instead of "X", lit would work better.
    them: ok
    me: Go ahead and set up a skype room and see who else you can interest in your idea.

There have also been 2 or 3 disputes. Those go rather differently.

them: "A" did "X" and I don't like it.
    me: Our rules are (insert rule here). Common Travian courtesy is (insert common Travian courtesy here).
    me: Please contact them and work this out peacefully. Send them to me if you can not work it out.

If needed, I then repeat the rules and courtesy thing. Problem over.

Excel

Quote Originally Posted by m.walker.m View Post
    Here is an average convo between me and a member who wants to run an idea past leadership

Them: It would be great if we did "A".
    me: That sounds like a decent idea. How would you go about it?
    them: step "X", step "Y", step "Z"
    me: Some of the players you want to use are currently doing "B". Maybe if you did "V" instead of "X", lit would work better.
    them: ok
    me: Go ahead and set up a skype room and see who else you can interest in your idea.

There have also been 2 or 3 disputes. Those go rather differently.

them: "A" did "X" and I don't like it.
    me: Our rules are (insert rule here). Common Travian courtesy is (insert common Travian courtesy here).
    me: Please contact them and work this out peacefully. Send them to me if you can not work it out.

If needed, I then repeat the rules and courtesy thing. Problem over.

Excel
    ^^ This is how an alliance is supposed to work.. When you have as many vets as we have in H&V then it makes a leaders' job smoother to coordinate the team.. A true vet knows how to put past servers behind them, and get along with other vets.. We also all know how to build accounts and attack/defend efficiently enough to the point that we appear to all be gold whoore's to everyone else of lesser travian skill..

Well admittedly, hulk scares me So is there any truth of you deleting?

We could very well turn our hammers on Greg's and just sit back and have some
    Nope i'll stick around for awhile yet, down to hit greg though for sure!
    S1R8 ~ Kal El - Win!
    S5R8 ~ LordDeath - Win!

And just to be clear, I don't care how many servers you delete on. It's just not that important to me anymore.

down to hit greg though for sure!
    ..old wounds bleed slow huh...

..old wounds bleed slow huh...
    Deep cuts leave scars
    S1R8 ~ Kal El - Win!
    S5R8 ~ LordDeath - Win!

Deep cuts leave scars
    Peel the scab, and let it bleed bro, chicks dig scars...

Peel the scab, and let it bleed bro, chicks dig scars...
    Can you please not flood our forum with this useless nonsense. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous Mike View Post
    Can you please not flood our forum with this useless nonsense. Thank you
    Those in glass houses should not throw stones..
    S2-R6: Symphony ~ FEAR - WW 75 to 0 http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2351573f0f7

Those in glass houses should not throw stones..
    WOW, coming from a narcissist that has mirrors around him?

Ah, classic thread degeneration into a foot-stamping, poo-flinging tempest. It would make me proud if I wasn't so humble.

But hey, we got us a horse race! What there is, is what we know, and what's left is what we're going to find out.

Here's what we know.

1. H&V is really good. Those of us that aren't really good and dedicated (ahem) may spend some gold to keep up, but hey, that's Travian. Live it or live with it.

2. H&V, knowing they are pretty good, have taken the high road of limiting their numbers. We win, we get to brag louder; we lose, well, we lose.

3. The Meta has emerged from the well-worn Travian saga of early failed alliances, failed midgame aliances, demagogues, ideologues and pecan logs to mash together a - wait for it - A Winning Possibility! Well done. So far. Not without some drama, to be sure, but that's par. Let us remember the meta mantra: Victory Points, Victory Points, Victory Points. Ya done it, good on ya, that's all that matters.

So here we are, and that's what we know. What's left to find out?

1. Can H&V keep those plates spinning with 45 accounts?
    2. Has Meta paid more attention to arithmetic than Panzer Greift, and assembled a VP-generating alliance of daffodils?
    3. Will Travian run out of gold, creating a global financial crisis and the end of the world as we know it?

Time will tell.
    "Yeah, I usually get my hammer chiefed. It's my signature move."

"Between the idea and the reality, falls the forum."

Quote Originally Posted by wheelman View Post
    Ah, pecan logs

LMFAO....!!!!!!! Seems I need to spread some rep around first, please, someone get this guy for me..!!!

3. The Meta has emerged from the well-worn Travian saga of early failed alliances, failed midgame aliances, demagogues, ideologues and pecan logs to mash together a - wait for it - A Winning Possibility! Well done. So far. Not without some drama, to be sure, but that's par. Let us remember the meta mantra: Victory Points, Victory Points, Victory Points. .
    This is something I said in the first few days of the server, that this particular set up would benefit the huggler mentality better..
    In reality, those type of players really needed a server designed around the blob style..

How interesting it will be if H&V can pull out a win with our limited numbers.. That, I think would be the nail in the coffin of the quality vs. quantity argument once and for all..

3. Will Travian run out of gold, creating a global financial crisis and the end of the world as we know it?
    No, they will move on to green back promissory notes printed by the Roman FED, to which end the Gauls and Teutons will cry out to audit the FED..

Ah, classic thread degeneration into a foot-stamping, poo-flinging tempest. It would make me proud if I wasn't so humble.

But hey, we got us a horse race! What there is, is what we know, and what's left is what we're going to find out.

Here's what we know.

1. H&V is really good. Those of us that aren't really good and dedicated (ahem) may spend some gold to keep up, but hey, that's Travian. Live it or live with it.

2. H&V, knowing they are pretty good, have taken the high road of limiting their numbers. We win, we get to brag louder; we lose, well, we lose.

3. The Meta has emerged from the well-worn Travian saga of early failed alliances, failed midgame aliances, demagogues, ideologues and pecan logs to mash together a - wait for it - A Winning Possibility! Well done. So far. Not without some drama, to be sure, but that's par. Let us remember the meta mantra: Victory Points, Victory Points, Victory Points. Ya done it, good on ya, that's all that matters.

So here we are, and that's what we know. What's left to find out?

1. Can H&V keep those plates spinning with 45 accounts?
    2. Has Meta paid more attention to arithmetic than Panzer Greift, and assembled a VP-generating alliance of daffodils?

Time will tell.
    Decent summary, can't disagree with much other than point 3, I don't believe OCD was an example of an early failed alliance, they were much more organised than Cartel, they just lacked the top players to execute.

Decent summary, can't disagree with much other than point 3, I don't believe OCD was an example of an early failed alliance, they were much more organised than Cartel, they just lacked the top players to execute.
    Mozart, you have come around a little

I am not sure though what is a top player. This game is as much about war as is about diplomacy. Is a top player one whose strength lies in strategy? Is the top player one that can make things happen? Is the top player the one that is smacked all over the top 10 lists?

[QUOTE=odinloki;2763542
    How interesting it will be if H&V can pull out a win with our limited numbers.. That, I think would be the nail in the coffin of the quality vs. quantity argument once and for all..[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily quality versus quantity. More like professionals against amateurs as you have often portrait the rest.

You must remember that H&V came with a plan and strategy to win. They came with the "select" team. The remaining players don't even belong on the server, as you have mostly hinted they don't even compare. That's absurd, they belong on the server and they decided to do something about it. They had no plan and brought themselves together with a strategy! The question is how, who did it? That SOB or SOBs perhaps is(are) to be given credit.

Even the pompous "select" team must give them all credit.

I did recently talk to one of the Metas on skype after a few IGMs: ".our numbers are of no importance, but would you leave a family member behind?" I would say that is integrity and deserves respect.
    Last edited by SMOD polkadot; 01-30-2016 at 05:57 AM. Reason: Double Posting is a no-no.

They came with the "select" team.
    This is how we selected the team: In nearly defunct chat rooms from the last couple of servers, someone said, hey, anyone want to play on SE? Anyone who said 'yeah, sure, what the heck,' was selected.

You must remember that H&V came with a plan and strategy to win.
    Strategy to win: get the most VP.

It seems obvious that with the SE set-up, the way to win was to get enough population to control an area and then move on to the next, rather than the traditional build-up of a single stronghold per player. It's not a big seekrit.