Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not now, honey, I'm playing Travian!

Default Not now, honey, I'm playing Travian!

Yes it's too early for an alliance analysis, but then it's never too early for an alliance analysis, right? I sent a note to one of the leaders in the top five or so alliances asking if they would help me put together something for the forum. Heard back from two, IJWT and LIF, so they will have a chromo. OCD replied immediately saying they were all in and would have something in a day or so, three days ago. Seems fitting, given their acronym. In a manic phase, no doubt. Ignored completely by CARTEL and CRIME. Perhaps Iím better off. The GREENS scared me, and I didnít write them.

One nice thing about this server: no need to organize stuff by quad. So off the top of my head:

Listed by population rank:

CARTEL Ė In the top 5 in 16 regions, only 2 over 10k pop. In those they have 27% and 39% so those may stay contested for a long time. Over 75% in 7 regions, but none are over 5k and it will be a while before they start building vp in those.

H&V - In the top 5 in 14 regions, but like CARTEL are pretty spread out. 100% in 5 regions but the highest pop in those is 3454. 75% or more in another 3, so they are in good position to grow some vp fast if the server lasts long enough.

LIF Ė In the top 5 in 10 regions, controlling two with 52 and 55%, yielding 80 vp/day. In the lead with 1669 vp, after a timely merger with F-U. 75% or more in only 4 other regions, so they may have some challenges ahead maintaining their lead. However they did respond to my request for more information, so they are formidable, and must be feared.

OCD Ė In the top 5 in 6 regions, controlling one, Pisae. VP total is 213, growing by 10/day

CART3L Ė Itís tough being popular. What do you do with all those requests to join? Probably some discussions in CARTEL going on right now about booting the smalls and taking on the largest in CART3L to get to 50% in Aquileia. Actually in the top 5 in 17 regions but pretty spread out. Might be some tough players in there, waiting for things to settle.

Crime - One of top 5 in 13 regions, but half are just one or two villages. Grabbing points for a spawn region, Salona. 30 vp/day, 324 total, standing third.

LIF2 Ė see CART3L. Another training, backup wing to help new players along and help build up pop in the regions you want to get to 10k pop. As the game goes on and people inevitable delete, they can move up. A good thing.

GREENS Ė Look like spoilers. Only seem to be recruiting in Russian. Concentrated in 3 regions, and donít look to be contesting them.

IJWT Ė Ninth in pop, just ahead of the remnants of PAX. Top five in just 4 regions. One might overlook them, except THEY RESPONDED TO MY REQUEST, and this makes them exceptional.

So what does all this mean? I donít know. Weíll know more after a few wars, splats, suicide attacks and drama-filled mass defections and deletions. For what itís worth, CARTEL, H&V, and LIF look pretty good on paper, and any of the smaller groups are capable of playing a big part as the deals get made.

Comments: Itís too early. I mean, remember PAX? But here is my take so far, and why I think this is going to be a very interesting server.

First, LIF has accumulated almost 1700 points and is gaining on everybody by 80/day. In another 20 days they will have 3300 even if they donít gain another region. At that point say another alliance finally gets to 10k pop in 6 or 7 boonie regions, grabbing a unique, 3 larges and 3 smalls. Thatís 170/day, 90/day more than LIF. So in about 37-38 days, LIF is in second place. Now sure, that is a simplistic example, but it shows that the early advantage held by the alliances holding what Iíll call spawn regions wonít be the deciding factor. An alliance that spreads out and unites a collection of region holders in order to accumulate the vp of a lot of regions can overcome a big deficit. We can argue about that.

Second, the new rules about transferring troops and forwarding reins has everybody talking. Once the real fighting begins there are going to be some monster collisions. Well done, Travian!

Finally, there are some really good players on this server. Some are even well mannered and articulate. Just the kind of player that could help with a much better report and analysis that looked at every region and tracked where there were fights for control or just server-long sims. That would be great, but Iím too lazy for that.

OK, canít put out too much to start. I left out a lot of deep background from LIF and IJWT because we need to hear from the rest of you, too. Pile in here or send me some stuff in-game. Iím Krypto this server. Easy to find.
    "Yeah, I usually get my hammer chiefed. It's my signature move."

"Between the idea and the reality, falls the forum."

Good analysis. You underrated my team, but that's okay. I don't want us to look strong yet

Quote Originally Posted by wheelman View Post
    Finally, there are some really good players on this server..

Quote Originally Posted by wheelman View Post
    Some are even well mannered..
    Ahh crap, that leaves me out..

Awesome analysis, and yeah I LOVE the troop forwarding feature, this will be very handy for cheifing into other areas..
    I also appreciate the numbers crunching behind the thought of VP gained later in game..
    s1 : Storeythor http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2674061c50d
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    Gotta be talented to look after 2 WW's simultaneously. Or crazy... Crazy seems more like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gressor2 View Post
    The more I read of OdinLoki's posts, the more I want to play alongside him. Not for the results, as frequently good as they are, but for the sheer fun he seems to have at it. Would + rep if I could, man. Always enjoy reading your stuff... and mostly cringe at the results contained in 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chas00 View Post
    Storeythor,most offensive/defensive account holder on the server.
    Quote Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
    He's a nut and the more the odds are stacked against him, the better he seems to come out of it.

I would love to see this analysis combined with one that tries to foresee regions where control is lost.

Excel

us at CRIME have something up our sleeve we think of a diverse rather than the direct approach. your truly, liaison of CRIME

We'll show all you guys we aren't a bunch of no-bodies. Just you wait.

What a great write up!

Thanks for spending the time to do this

I would be very curious to hear from Greens

And there goes LIF...

Quote Originally Posted by jimboslice View Post
    And there goes LIF...
    Explain?
    Gotta be talented to look after 2 WW's simultaneously. Or crazy... Crazy seems more like it.
    The more I read of OdinLoki's posts, the more I want to play alongside him. Not for the results, as frequently good as they are, but for the sheer fun he seems to have at it. Would + rep if I could, man. Always enjoy reading your stuff... and mostly cringe at the results contained in 'em.
    He's a nut and the more the odds are stacked against him, the better he seems to come out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by odinloki View Post
    Explain?
    Unleash the catapults they said to LD, it'll be civil they said...
    S1R8 ~ Kal El - Win!
    S2R7 ~ MaTaJuAnEs - Loss! / S2R8 ~ iIRiTAtOr
    S3R8 ~ LordDeath - Win! / S3R9 ~ LordDeath
    S5R8 ~ LordDeath - Win!
    S19R1 ~ Goosebumps - Win! / S19R2 ~ Hulk - Win!
    Travian Tourny Qualifier ~ Ganja Gang

Quote Originally Posted by Spider01 View Post
    And just to be clear, I don't care how many servers you delete on. It's just not that important to me anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeath View Post
    Unleash the catapults they said to LD, it'll be civil they said...
    Is there a server you're not playing on right now Matt?
    S1-R7: Kizmet ~ Care - #1 Attacker (Terse is a b***h)
    S2-R6: Symphony ~ FEAR - WW 75 to 0 http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2351573f0f7
    S1: Al Bundy

Quote Originally Posted by Enyalois View Post
    You're actually in an alliance, that right there means I know what huggling is

Explain?
    Looks like LIF lost region control of Ravenna - there goes 50 VP a day and their reason for living. I assume that's what he was referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by canus major View Post
    there goes 50 VP a day and their reason for living
    Lmaoooooo savage

+rep
    S2-R6: Symphony ~ FEAR - WW 75 to 0 http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2351573f0f7

Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Is there a server you're not playing on right now Matt?
    Nope, i'm on them all... It's getting to be too much, thank the lord 2 of them are in end game or nearly there.
    S1R8 ~ Kal El - Win!
    S2R7 ~ MaTaJuAnEs - Loss! / S2R8 ~ iIRiTAtOr
    S3R8 ~ LordDeath - Win! / S3R9 ~ LordDeath
    S5R8 ~ LordDeath - Win!
    S19R1 ~ Goosebumps - Win! / S19R2 ~ Hulk - Win!
    Travian Tourny Qualifier ~ Ganja Gang

Quote Originally Posted by Spider01 View Post
    And just to be clear, I don't care how many servers you delete on. It's just not that important to me anymore.

Gee, I started my alliance, Shinobi, ~ 1 month ago and we since then have risen to 12th. Why does everyone else besides the ones listed here suck so badly?

Probably because the top 8 alliances have over 60% of the accounts and likely well over 80% of the total pop on the server. And two of those are meatshield alliances confedded to larger ones.

Excel

Anyone up for doing an updated alliance analysis?

Quote Originally Posted by jimboslice View Post
    And there goes LIF...
    Nail, meet coffin....

Thanks for sharing wheelman.. sorry we ended up not getting along when you settled down in Ravenna. That 9c natar was just a bit close for comfort ;-)

Oh... and I totally relate to the title of your post!

Quote Originally Posted by Narutocraft3345 View Post
    Gee, I started my alliance, Shinobi, ~ 1 month ago and we since then have risen to 12th. Why does everyone else besides the ones listed here suck so badly?
    I have been wanting to respond to this.

I don't know but here is someone that has no clue what this server is about.

I alone could have my alliance and even be ranked higher than this alliance.

Oh well, so sad to see this sort of thing and so many experience of you gentleman and none of you have yet taught the less privileged how to play. I remember when servers were bigger and less cut throat. Still had the egos and the ballerinas, but there were people there that wanting to guide noobies. I had a great mentor!!!

If this server is just going through the motion then why doesn't H&V make it more interesting.

Get your heads out of your rears. Wait there is gold to be spent and medals to be won and all for what? The glory of whom? The cauldron for many of you made you the "gold w@h#o$r%e&s" that H&V has become. What challenge is there when the gold buys you the game?!?! I win because I spent the most!!! Glory to all in H&V for they are the best at having the richest pockets in the land.
    Last edited by BenHur; 01-07-2016 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BenHur View Post
    Butthurt rant
    Still crying about losing to a smaller team?

I had a great mentor!!!
    Clearly not good enough if you're losing..

H&V came to this server with just as much preparation as anyone else could have had, yes we read the forums about the new rules for this server and planned out a strategy for the server.. Blame yourself for your own loss, and your teams' lack of preparation or strategy..

You throw accusations around about the gold, and cauldron.. I can assure you the Al Bundy acct uses the one free cauldron each day ONLY, so you might want to know what you are talking about before you open your dithering pie hole..

Lose with honor, not crying..

Lose with honor, not crying..
    Did I miss something? The server has over 80 days left, the points differential is not overwhelming, and CARTEL is picking up several regions a day (at least it seems like it).

Also - it looks like those jockeys with machine pistols are out in full force this weekend.

The server has over 80 days left, and CARTEL is picking up
    Yeah, if we slack off on them, maybe they can catch us in 80 days.. Something tells me we will continue to contest regions tho..

Also - it looks like those jockeys with machine pistols are out in full force this weekend.
    Not sure I get what you're saying..

Not sure I get what you're saying..
    Obscure reference to another thread started by Wheelman. "Cool. Going to be kind of like a horse race where the horses bite each other and the jockeys have semiautomatic machine pistols. Everybody having a good time? "

Forum is so dead I assumed everyone has read all 30 posts at least 3 or 4 times

H&V shouldn't be getting too comfortable yet. There's still plenty of surprises to come

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous Mike View Post
    H&V shouldn't be getting too comfortable yet. There's still plenty of surprises to come
    I heard you guys singing the same tune earlier in the round. Thanks to your disgrace of a leadership team this server is already a snoozefest

I heard you guys singing the same tune earlier in the round. Thanks to your disgrace of a leadership team this server is already a snoozefest
    Not sure how its a snoozefest when you keep smashing one hammer after another. Seems like you are making great progress with those

Not sure how its a snoozefest when you keep smashing one hammer after another. Seems like you are making great progress with those
    Groot and archer, ya looks like we're really in trouble here

If you had any knowledge of how this round works you'd know that hammers won't win this round like a regular server, it's won by pop and defense, the ability to not to get catted down and the capacity to sim better than your opponent. Two areas you guys are seriously failing in, just look at how your efforts in Carthago went..

Groot and archer, ya looks like we're really in trouble here

If you had any knowledge of how this round works you'd know that hammers won't win this round like a regular server, it's won by pop and defense, the ability to not to get catted down and the capacity to sim better than your opponent. Two areas you guys are seriously failing in, just look at how your efforts in Carthago went..
    It's interesting you bring up Carthago because as you guys brag you don't use the gold everyone says you do it was clear our efforts were halted by gold itself. It wasn't all your god like startegic master plan that stumped us. The server is won by gold, gold, and a little bit more gold

It's interesting you bring up Carthago because as you guys brag you don't use the gold everyone says you do it was clear our efforts were halted by gold itself. It wasn't all your god like startegic master plan that stumped us. The server is won by gold, gold, and a little bit more gold
    One of the main features of this round is troop forwarding, if you're too stupid or poor to use that feature then you only have yourself to blame, a couple dollars to move your entire army is **** all money, quit complaining.

As for strategy, I agree, it wasn't masterful what we did, but then again, simply stacking important villas with def isnt something your team thought was a good idea.. so perhaps it was a stroke a of genius.

One of the main features of this round is troop forwarding, if you're too stupid or poor to use that feature then you only have yourself to blame, a couple dollars to move your entire army is **** all money, quit complaining.

As for strategy, I agree, it wasn't masterful what we did, but then again, simply stacking important villas with def isnt something your team thought was a good idea.. so perhaps it was a stroke a of genius.
    Couple dollars?? Either your're getting a discount or you're armies are much smaller. Something doesn't add up

Couple dollars?? Either your're getting a discount or you're armies are much smaller. Something doesn't add up
    Anyone with half a brain would use their cap res to forward troops in conjunction with gold. A cap producing 90k-100k an hour can convert 1000's of troops per day, include res from feeders into the mix and that becomes even more substantial. But I didn't expect anyone from Cartel to grasp that notion or use that strategy.. Gold is only necessary when an entire hammer is required to be moved immediately, in which case it would cost a couple hundred gold (a few dollars), and the only person I'm aware of who has used extensive amounts of gold to incorporate troops is Unforgiven, who got his comeuppance splatting most of his hammer on my feeder a few weeks back.
    Last edited by Mozart; 01-17-2016 at 10:28 AM.

And what leader are you or ever been. You have been a joke.

You are even now start name calling. This makes you rude and obnoxious.

At least, if you think you are going to win have decency to know how to win.

H&V has been sitting in their laurels that they forget really what will win this round

RUDE and abusive!!! But then what would you know how to treat or deal with people. Your chats are no different.

again back to what I said:

What challenge is there when the gold buys you the game?!?! I win because I spent the most!!! Glory to all in H&V for they are the best at having the richest pockets in the land.

I CAN"T BELIEVE IT!!!

You actually figured out what wins this round. I am so impressed by your intelligence. For a while, I really thought you had gone brainless with the talk of numbers and this and that. I am impressed! OMG, I am speechless.

Perhaps, there is final hope for you!

Let me think, there are a lot of regions left. If all the sudden H&V found ourselves 100 or 150 short. what would happen? What could we do? We don't need to do anything because we are ranked #1 on this and that and, BUT oh wait!!!!

WAKE UP and your name calling cause the worst thing is to find something where you don't want to find it.
    Last edited by Probability Indigo; 01-28-2016 at 04:31 AM. Reason: Double and triple posting is a no-no

Let me think, there are a lot of regions left. If all the sudden H&V found ourselves 100 or 150 short. what would happen? What could we do? We don't need to do anything because we are ranked #1 on this and that and, BUT oh wait!!!!
    So, I should be looking to see Cartel or OCD suddenly earning 200-250 more VP than they currently are? Do you really think it's possible? Not to rain on your parade or anything, but a good many of CARTEL are still asking how to conquer an artifact and when WWs are coming.

Quote Originally Posted by toober View Post
    So, I should be looking to see Cartel or OCD suddenly earning 200-250 more VP than they currently are? Do you really think it's possible? Not to rain on your parade or anything, but a good many of CARTEL are still asking how to conquer an artifact and when WWs are coming.
    Lmao, this ^^

Lmao, this ^^
    Wait! I get it you know about music but nothing about math.

LMAO!!! OMG by stomach even hurts from laughing for you think that is not possible!!!

If it is possible, will you delete out of shame? Put "your money where your big mouth is".

Delete if that number is 200 above H&V's victory points? I am sure that it could be close so you may want to consider your math skills.

Anyone with half a brain would use their cap res to forward troops in conjunction with gold. A cap producing 90k-100k an hour can convert 1000's of troops per day, include res from feeders into the mix and that becomes even more substantial. But I didn't expect anyone from Cartel to grasp that notion or use that strategy.. Gold is only necessary when an entire hammer is required to be moved immediately, in which case it would cost a couple hundred gold (a few dollars), and the only person I'm aware of who has used extensive amounts of gold to incorporate troops is Unforgiven, who got his comeuppance splatting most of his hammer on my feeder a few weeks back.
    Apparently you forgot the Punisher. I watched him transfer hammers to multiple villages. Seems like a lot of skill and strategy there with all that gold usage

Apparently you forgot the Punisher. I watched him transfer hammers to multiple villages. Seems like a lot of skill and strategy there with all that gold usage
    I could say the exact same about Unforgiven, I watched him incorporate thousands of troops from multiple villas into his cap. Russian Bear uses the feature aswell, hell, if I had that much gold on hand I'd do the exact same.