Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Off the top of my head

  1. #1

    Default Off the top of my head

    LIF is dead, H&V picked up a few survivors, leaving an entirely new alliance with 56 members gathering exactly 0 VP/day. Nowhere to go but up, I guess. OCD is doing a fine job of defending the Ravenna incursion, Cartel seems to be turning a fine collection of warriors into a quilting club ( I mean the CP and pop you've lost in Carthago would have secured Jerusalem a week ago, anybody in your alliance arguing about that? Should be).

    Oh, and we have GREENS. They were scary at first, but really, how scary can vegetables be? Haven't shown much after the first month or so.

    Who else? Ummm, nobody. But hey, there are folks out in the boonies that are simming along. Game's not over by a long shot. Cartel is poised to step up their VP production, H&V is doing it's bulldozer thing, and OCD is doing a fine job of defending the Ravenna incursion. I've lost more sleep this server than any in a long time.

    The age-old forum dilemma: to discuss strategy runs the risk of revealing your own. One nice thing about this new game is that everybody's strategy reveals itself, just look at the region and alliiance stat pages. H&V and CARTEL took what I think will end up the game-winning strategy of spreading out to build up an early (and daunting) foothold in enough regions to secure enough VP to take the game, and avoided going after early gains. Pretty much everybody did that, there weren't any big wars over the first regions grabbed, but H&V and CARTEL have the numbers lined up now. OCD isn't out of it, but they need to make some kind of big move, if such a thing exists.

    And finally diplomacy. Still the possibility of doing some alliance-swapping moves to confound the alliances holding a region by a point or two. Fewer of those moves will be available as overall pop increases, and the boonie regions held by 90%+ concentrations come on line.

    Cool. Going to be kind of like a horse race where the horses bite each other and the jockeys have semiautomatic machine pistols. Everybody having a good time?
    "Yeah, I usually get my hammer chiefed. It's my signature move."

    "Between the idea and the reality, falls the forum."

  2. #2

    Default

    Only wish that it were a 4 or 5 horse race instead of two, but at least it's a race. The LIF implosion was the shocker of the server so far. Once they lost Ravenna and that massive VP I guess they ran out of petrol. Anyone have an insight on that drama?

    I'm still rooting for GREENS to pull a surprise move. And what happened to CRIME's master plan?

  3. #3
    Merchant Mozart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by canus major View Post
    I'm still rooting for GREENS to pull a surprise move. And what happened to CRIME's master plan?
    I was told by a GREENS players that Cartel have been practically begging them to join.. kinda sad
    S1-R7: Kizmet ~ Care - #1 Attacker (Terse is a b***h)
    S2-R6: Symphony ~ FEAR - WW 75 to 0 http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2351573f0f7
    S1: Al Bundy

    Quote Originally Posted by Enyalois View Post
    You're actually in an alliance, that right there means I know what huggling is

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by canus major View Post
    Only wish that it were a 4 or 5 horse race instead of two, but at least it's a race. The LIF implosion was the shocker of the server so far. Once they lost Ravenna and that massive VP I guess they ran out of petrol. Anyone have an insight on that drama?
    I did call this happening back on november 17th to be exact. OCD started simply conquering a village per day from them until they just gave up defending

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by canus major View Post
    I'm still rooting for GREENS to pull a surprise move.
    I think im gonna crash into these guys, head on.. Just for the lulz of course..
    s1 : Storeythor http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2674061c50d
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    Gotta be talented to look after 2 WW's simultaneously. Or crazy... Crazy seems more like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gressor2 View Post
    The more I read of OdinLoki's posts, the more I want to play alongside him. Not for the results, as frequently good as they are, but for the sheer fun he seems to have at it. Would + rep if I could, man. Always enjoy reading your stuff... and mostly cringe at the results contained in 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chas00 View Post
    Storeythor,most offensive/defensive account holder on the server.
    Quote Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
    He's a nut and the more the odds are stacked against him, the better he seems to come out of it.

  6. #6

    Default

    LIF couldn't expect to win with a dumb name like that :-) Was Lying inn weight at first.. I guess LIF was an improvement?

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoodDividend View Post
    Was Lying inn weight at first..
    What the hell does that even mean ??
    s1 : Storeythor http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2674061c50d
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    Gotta be talented to look after 2 WW's simultaneously. Or crazy... Crazy seems more like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gressor2 View Post
    The more I read of OdinLoki's posts, the more I want to play alongside him. Not for the results, as frequently good as they are, but for the sheer fun he seems to have at it. Would + rep if I could, man. Always enjoy reading your stuff... and mostly cringe at the results contained in 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chas00 View Post
    Storeythor,most offensive/defensive account holder on the server.
    Quote Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
    He's a nut and the more the odds are stacked against him, the better he seems to come out of it.

  8. #8

    Default

    And in other news, Crime leadership sends out threatening MM to members stating "anyone who leaves gets chiefed"

  9. #9

    Default

    s1 : Storeythor http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2674061c50d
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    Gotta be talented to look after 2 WW's simultaneously. Or crazy... Crazy seems more like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gressor2 View Post
    The more I read of OdinLoki's posts, the more I want to play alongside him. Not for the results, as frequently good as they are, but for the sheer fun he seems to have at it. Would + rep if I could, man. Always enjoy reading your stuff... and mostly cringe at the results contained in 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chas00 View Post
    Storeythor,most offensive/defensive account holder on the server.
    Quote Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
    He's a nut and the more the odds are stacked against him, the better he seems to come out of it.

  10. #10
    Villager
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wheelman View Post
    Going to be kind of like a horse race where the horses bite each other and the jockeys have semiautomatic machine pistols.


  11. #11

  12. #12

    Default

    LIF/EXP run by a kid who can barely drive! It was kicked in the rear badly OR was is it more into submission?!? By whom? Isnt there some other unknown alliance.

    As far as Crime, their leaders ran as soon as that unknown alliance landed on their back yard and then they turned on their own ... lol. Oh wait they went to Cartel. Hey H&V maybe you should hit these guys first they may be in your backyard.

    HV would you like me to show you which leader in cartel have no backbone? LOL

    These servers are typically about two or three alliances. The US server is definitely a very weak server compared to its COM counterpart. These servers are about who wants to use exuberant amounts of gold and spend it like no tomorrow. There is only one true winner in these servers and it is none of you; and all the rest is about fun.

    The Greens are a waste of identity. They are the FUNTARDS of waste land in this server ... both of which play for no goals but then at the end of any server it was a waste of time and resources.

    Something must be wrong with all of us to be playing this wasteful game.

  13. #13
    Merchant Mozart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BenHur View Post
    LIF/EXP run by a kid who can barely drive! It was kicked in the rear badly OR was is it more into submission?!? By whom? Isnt there some other unknown alliance.

    As far as Crime, their leaders ran as soon as that unknown alliance landed on their back yard and then they turned on their own ... lol. Oh wait they went to Cartel. Hey H&V maybe you should hit these guys first they may be in your backyard.

    HV would you like me to show you which leader in cartel have no backbone? LOL

    These servers are typically about two or three alliances. The US server is definitely a very weak server compared to its COM counterpart. These servers are about who wants to use exuberant amounts of gold and spend it like no tomorrow. There is only one true winner in these servers and it is none of you; and all the rest is about fun.

    The Greens are a waste of identity. They are the FUNTARDS of waste land in this server ... both of which play for no goals but then at the end of any server it was a waste of time and resources.

    Something must be wrong with all of us to be playing this wasteful game.
    Example 1.0 of what it looks like to be butthurt.
    S1-R7: Kizmet ~ Care - #1 Attacker (Terse is a b***h)
    S2-R6: Symphony ~ FEAR - WW 75 to 0 http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2351573f0f7
    S1: Al Bundy

    Quote Originally Posted by Enyalois View Post
    You're actually in an alliance, that right there means I know what huggling is

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous Mike View Post
    I thought we were fighting the "Hoes & Vixens"

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BenHur View Post
    I thought we were fighting the "Hoes & Vixens"
    You must be. We've seen little action as of yet in Heroes and Villains.
    Let me rehash some of the old and current arguments about how we are totally unfair (otherwise known as winning).

    We spend too much gold. Most of our accounts use the minimum gold needed to use plus features and to NPC cap resos.
    We have too many players. Both Cartel and OCD have more. Even not counting their wings. Our pop is higher. Because we simply have better players.
    We are a preformed group of vets that meticulously planned this server and how to dominate it. 3 or 4 players came to me and wanted me to form an alliance for this server. I spent about half an hour looking for folks. Got about 30 accounts to start. the first 3 accounts I accepted are newbs. then we picked up a few from Lif that were unhappy where they were. So we have 47 accounts. And will never go over that. If we lose some, we will never go over 45 accounts. Our newbs are getting good training and advice. We spent about 20 minutes at the start of the server planning our strategy. And we've been making it up ever since.
    We have the best leadership and organization. If so, I hate to see what others have. I personally made sure that I had little or no leading to do this server. Had it been needed, I would have made sure we had much more direction. But these players are good enough to just need general guidelines. Especially on a small server like this.

    In summary: We are good. Some of you (both groups and individuals) are potentially as good as we are. The difference is that we help each other and work as a team. And we do not allow drama to build and affect our team.


    p.s. Were this a normal server, we would have far more newbs in training with us. It is not. This is a specialized server set up to appeal to vets. And we value those newbs. Which is why we do not have wings here. Only one alliance can win. And I will not have players on our side devalued by placing them in a wing that can not win.


    Cheers,
    Excel

  16. #16

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •