Thread: So the gay cowboy takeover of the federal building in Oregon doesn't bother anybody?

Default So the gay cowboy takeover of the federal building in Oregon doesn't bother anybody?

I guess gay cowboy lives matter too. Great country, hey?
    "Yeah, I usually get my hammer chiefed. It's my signature move."

"Between the idea and the reality, falls the forum."

Does it matter that they are gay? I focused more on the constitutionality of arbitrarily extending someone's sentence post completion because "terrorism." They may protest through extreme methods, but the protest itself has justification.

Of course it doesn't matter. Neither does their protest. the least important federal bureaucrat in Oregon should issue them a perpetual event pass for the facility, and let them know they will be billed if they leave a mess. Dumber than Texans.

As far as double jeopardy applies, that's what lawyers are for. The idea that cowboys out west are seeing their cherished rights abridged when hispanic and black men are getting beat up, tased, shackled and shot just because they protest an unjust traffic violation is grotesque. The should go and f*ck themselves.
    Last edited by wheelman; 01-05-2016 at 01:15 AM.
    "Yeah, I usually get my hammer chiefed. It's my signature move."

"Between the idea and the reality, falls the forum."

-32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm

Did the judge say it was "because terrorism"? Or was that a comment on relativity? These guys started fires on federal land and are criminals. Given what could happen if this is seen as reasonable activity(i.e. lots of dead people), they should be locked up for a long time. The original sentence was a joke.
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

They were protesting an arson conviction. It's not even double jeopardy, there was no second trial or hearing.

The Anti Terrorism Law and the NDAA 2012 both state that American citizens can be indefinitely detained, killed, and forfeit their rights to a trial, counsel, etc if suspected of terrorism. Which is silly, since it's a court's job to determine if they are in fact guilty.

And if it's challenged, it goes to the Secret Court, which is basically the executive branch's rubber stamp.

There's not really a precedent to legally challenge this bull****.

So Jack and Ennis feel like they have to take the radical approach to call attention to this butt ****ery.

Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    Did the judge say it was "because terrorism"? Or was that a comment on relativity? These guys started fires on federal land and are criminals. Given what could happen if this is seen as reasonable activity(i.e. lots of dead people), they should be locked up for a long time. The original sentence was a joke.
    They were tried under the Anti Terrorism law which states that convicted terrorists can have their original sentences lengthened ad nauseum, because terrorism. It spits in the face of constitutional rights.

It's basically like how sex offenders are harrassed by law enforcement, and lose many constitutional rights. Even though most have no recidivism and aren't child predators (public urination, outdoor sex in your fenced back yard or car both make you a sex offender for the next 30 years).
    Last edited by SMOD polkadot; 01-05-2016 at 10:28 PM. Reason: Triple Post

Time for the shotgun revolution

Gayest revolution ever....

Also I already started a thread aboot this
    Last edited by SMOD polkadot; 01-05-2016 at 10:28 PM. Reason: Double Post

-32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm

Quote Originally Posted by Sapient View Post
    They were tried under the Anti Terrorism law which states that convicted terrorists can have their original sentences lengthened ad nauseum, because terrorism. It spits in the face of constitutional rights.
    The law against setting fires on federal land is a terrorism law? Why? The articles I read could be short, but they said a federal appeals court extended the sentence because it was shorter than the mandatory. Why is that terrorism law?
    This militia mob of ***** look like terrorists. They want to overthrow a democratically (sort of) elected government.
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

Hope u re happy... u nd ur weapons made drone guy cry...

Also, where is my caption contest reward
    Last edited by Drystan; 01-05-2016 at 05:52 PM.