Thread: Scouts/traps

Default Scouts/traps

Okay so here is a new question. I sent 6 scouts to a Gaul village and all of them DIED. Does this mean that the village has no traps. My reasoning behind this is that if there were traps the troops would have been trapped instead of dying. is this correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Gola13 View Post
    Okay so here is a new question. I sent 6 scouts to a Gaul village and all of them DIED. Does this mean that the village has no traps. My reasoning behind this is that if there were traps the troops would have been trapped instead of dying. is this correct?
    Scouts, as the name suggests, scout. If you send say 100 scouts to a village that has 1000 phalanxes, they will just scout the defense (and resources or Defense building levels as selected) and none of them will die.

Here, your scouts died because the village you were scouting had scouts equal to or more than the number you sent (or simply, in a greater combined power than your scouts).
    Had there been no scouts and even 1000 traps, you scouts would still come back alive after having scouted the village. They wouldn't be trapped in the traps.

Unless of course, your scouts are accompanied by some other troop type, then the "scouting" would actually become an attack. While, if you send scouts on a village, the defender does not see them coming in the Rally point and only knows he has been scouted if he has appropriate number of scouts in his village. Whereas, scouts accompanied by any other troops type will be visible to the defender in the Rally point as an attack/raid.

Right but say I sent scouts (alone) to a village with 1000 scouts, 1000 phalanx and 1000 traps. Would the scouts die or would they be trapped. That is my question because my understanding is that troops get trapped before they get killed, is this correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Vinit144 View Post
    Scouts, as the name suggests, scout. If you send say 100 scouts to a village that has 1000 phalanxes, they will just scout the defense (and resources or Defense building levels as selected) and none of them will die.

Here, your scouts died because the village you were scouting had scouts equal to or more than the number you sent (or simply, in a greater combined power than your scouts).
    Had there been no scouts and even 1000 traps, you scouts would still come back alive after having scouted the village. They wouldn't be trapped in the traps.

Unless of course, your scouts are accompanied by some other troop type, then the "scouting" would actually become an attack. While, if you send scouts on a village, the defender does not see them coming in the Rally point and only knows he has been scouted if he has appropriate number of scouts in his village. Whereas, scouts accompanied by any other troops type will be visible to the defender in the Rally point as an attack/raid.

Customer Service Team Grasshopper's Avatar

Right but say I sent scouts (alone) to a village with 1000 scouts, 1000 phalanx and 1000 traps. Would the scouts die or would they be trapped. That is my question because my understanding is that troops get trapped before they get killed, is this correct?
    Scouts do not get trapped when they are scouting a village. They will only be trapped if they are sent in an attack with other troop types.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinit144 View Post

The bold part was your answer. Then a detailed explanation as to what happens in the different situations you might be in.