Thread: Feedback requested for Birthday Speacial Features

Default Feedback requested for Birthday Speacial Features

Hello everyone,

Please post your thoughts and feedback on the ideas mentioned in this announcement.

Keep it constructive and add a short explanation as to why you think an idea would or would not work and if you have suggestions in adjusting it.

Thank you for your input, it's much appreciated!

Kind regards,
    Your Travian: Legends Team

Customer Service Team Dark Tower's Avatar

I like the gems and equipped start idea.

Just some questions that pop in mind, though:

- Will there be different type of gems?
    - Will there be stages of gems that give different amounts of bonuses (Chipped, Flawed, Perfect) ?

I also REALLY like the no items hero.
    Brings us a little bit back to T3.6

Option 1 is interesting

Option 2 is not

Option 3 sounds like the best proposal, heroes can be an unfair advantage. Could help even out the playing field more.

Option 1- seems to take away some of the skill needed to play. One of the things I hate and love about starting a server is working to get that second village faster then others for the perfect spot to build your account.

Option 2- I am so-so on. Would like to know more about it before I can really decide.

Option 3- I love this one the most. It takes folks back to what t3.6 was like and I am all for that.

Customer Service Representative CM The Moment You Know's Avatar

I'm a fan of option 3. But, I think they should extend it to remove artifacts too.

Of course I'm a crotchety, old curmudgeon.

No real interest in Gems, but love the no items idea. And also equipped start sounds interesting.

I would almost go for that combo of equipped start and no items. I would definitely play that server.
    I smash you!

Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    Just because I tell you something, doesn't make it true.

I agree with The Moment You Know. Option 3 seems the best to me.

Option one would have everyone settling around croppers. When croppers do get settled, those first villas will have cats. Gems, I'm 50-50.

Customer Service Team Grasshopper's Avatar

Can we have an option with no items, artifacts, or WWs? Everyone just plays patty cake and eats bon bons all day? That would be nice.

The first option is interesting, but as proposed it doesn't sound great. I don't like that people are just given settlers, nor the fact that you pretty much can settle in the first few minutes of the game (from the sounds of it). However, I like the idea of starting villages off with higher fields/infrastructure. Maybe done right this could be a fun thing to try.

The second option could be cool to try out. It seemed like an interesting aspect in Kingdoms. However, I rarely worry about 90% of my items, so I would probably not worry about the gems either personally. Therefore this one is lost on me.

The last option is my favorite. It is a throw back to how heroes used to be before T4. I think this one is my favorite. However, I think still include adventures, but just have the item rewards removed (or only give resources or troops on a rare, random basis). The adventures are a nice way for those who are new or less active to still work on upgrading their hero, keeping it more fair compared to the super active attackers and defenders.

I'm looking forward to reading more on this discussion!

Gems: I don't think this would be a very good one, I'm not a big fan of how rewarding having a lot of gold would be, and I feel that this would just push the gap bigger further between non-gold and heavy gold users, which I feel will alienate part of the player-base similar to how the cauldron worked.

No Items: I'm a fan of this idea, it would ruin some of the randomness of the game, which is a good thing imo, would make the game more competitive and less random. It would also reward players better for being more efficient in a players resource usage.

Equipped Start: I feel like this has good potential, would have to be thouroughly checked through imo and have to be fine tuned before it would be released too many variables in the beginning. So would need lots of checking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    Ronnie was right

Equipped start sounds fun, I suspect it will delay settling of croppers for a bit as it will probably take a while to get the cp for village 4. But definitely some potential for early conflict. My main worry would be multi-accounts, since bot farms with level 10 fields would be powerful. Does this mean spawn villages would come with a level 20 residence? That would make starter farming challenging.

I'd probably prefer the gem version over the no item version, I've enjoyed working the market to generate silver (and therefore gold), so I would miss that part of the game. I'm curious how powerful the gemmed items could get. If you combine enough tier one items could you get something better than a tier two item?
    S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie (night shift) S5-r3 Tyche (night shift) S7-r3 Chuckles (night shift)
    S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country (day shift) S5-r7(AEU) Office Space S19-r2 (SE) The Joker

Wow..interesting.

*Checks Time available...* .... Won't play.
    Retired as of 10/13/14 after 7 and a half years of playing. Good luck to those who continue to play.
    us2; Round 6 - Adjudicator (Getter) (BACON) (Lost)
    us3; Round 2 - stevo (Getter) (QoD) (Lost)
    us3; Round 3 - stemem (Getter) (SI) (Won)
    us3; Round 4 - BliZZarD (Getter) (Delicious) (lost)
    us3; Round 5 - Ice Lillies (Getter) (DoS) (Semper DoS)
    us3; Round 7 - Revolt (Getter) (SI) (Won)
    us8; Round 1 - Heavenly Wrath (Getter) (TNT) (won)
    com3; Round ? - General Mills (Getter) (ReD DoS/TWD) (Lost)

It occurred to me we don't know what the rules/format will be in this year's birthday servers. If the server has locked regions like the second round of Scattered Empires, that would play very well with the equipped start since some people will want to "bridge" to a more distant region before they establish their capital.
    S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie (night shift) S5-r3 Tyche (night shift) S7-r3 Chuckles (night shift)
    S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country (day shift) S5-r7(AEU) Office Space S19-r2 (SE) The Joker

Equipped start makes the game too easy than it already is.

Gems makes Travian sound like a RPG, in which travian loses its originality

No items is interesting ... But ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Evil View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    Aw, you shouldn't have.
    Don't you have a hole to die in?

All I know (and can say) is that it's a no-WW server.
    Whether it's Ancient Europe or Scattered Empires, I don't know.

If we had an equipped start, would we even need beginner's protection?

Back to the old hero where he was only fast if you choose a horse troop. All the equipment is crazy and not fair at all..Also you see many black market deals in the auctionhouse. so no more auctions.

NO1 about having advantage with 3 villages but no cropper is not a good idea. It will still be a matter of being the first because dominating accs will settle near the croppers they want and make catas fast so they can bomb anyone who wanna settle regulary on the croppers. So that is a bad idea.

And the Gem idea I do not like eather..

I guess I want a simple hero with simple skills..Not all this bling bling where you only use maybe 2-3 items but have like 100..

When is this server starting? Any word on the features based on feedback?

Travian's birthday is at the end of September, so we still have two months until it starts. They are probably running a staff beta server now.

Public beta.
    Announcement was made today

Wow, MDT being helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod Dark Tower View Post
    *Sigh*, I'm such an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    I'm not very bright.

I know: shocking, right?
    Can't blame you for noticing just now, when you hardly venture away from T&P

Also: Please don't necro threads when you have nothing useful to add, thanks.

How the heck is it possible to necro by posting to the most recent thread in a forum?

And since I should add something new (even though I posted it elsewhere), the US birthday server starts next week (Sep 20th).