Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Real Question

Quote Originally Posted by Woden View Post
    A) Aegrescit medendo

B) You've really got an ego problem if you think necroing random threads is doing that.
    I'm sure when the three of you are the only ones bickering, you think the disease is all dandy.

Maybe Rox has something about your reading comprehension, as I've already stated that I wasn't referring to the necroing of threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse-Keyboard View Post
    It's Sapient, what do you expect?
    I like the irony here, since all you contribute are random posts with little to no content beyond a directed flame or useless comment. Good job on contributing.

EDIT: And Woden, nice gay joke, really had to dig deep for that one, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by 5m4llP0X View Post
    "**** culture" spans two TWO threads and the second one is dead. And I am speaking of the necroing and multiposting because it's more pointless spam that contributes nothing to the forum. Sucks that you're butthurt over 1 dead thread where the attention isn't focused on you, but you gotta understand that not everything HAS to be about you.
    There are plenty of threads not focused on me, and I'm fine with it. I don't care where the attention is focused, as long as it's not useless bickering, ad nauseum. And as many have seen and left, it comes down to a **** storm of Rox and others that take threads and turn them into cesspools.

Though, gotta love that your only fall back is that "Sapient loves attention!"

Especially, since most of your Skype posts revolves around "Look at me!" "Look at the raunchy stuff I post!" "Give me attention seeking reactions from the stuff I post!" And "Let's troll so and so to see their reaction and get attention."

It's literally your entire ego that seems to be focused on this forum. Not to mention the multitude of crying and *****ing that I hear that has to do with this forum, its modding, its members, or something thereof.
    Last edited by Sapient; 10-23-2016 at 07:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod Dark Tower View Post
    *Sigh*, I'm such an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    I'm not very bright.

I don't understand. If you all dislike each other so much, why do you spend so much time talking to each other on here?

Quote Originally Posted by Sapient View Post
    There are plenty of threads not focused on me, and I'm fine with it.
    Riiiight. "Here's my internet speed!" "Check out my eye!!" "Here's my XBox gamer tag!" "I want to have sex with this guy" "Hey look what I found, 5m4llP0X!" Totally not focused on you.

Though, gotta love that your only fall back is that "Sapient loves attention!"
    Then why else are you wasting time on the aforementioned threads PLUS THE NECROING.

Especially, since most of your Skype posts revolves around "Look at me!" "Look at the raunchy stuff I post!"
    You pulled me into that stupid skype chat and even kept adding me back when I left. I send random **** from Imgur to people quite often, so don't feel special.
    "Give me attention seeking reactions from the stuff I post!"
    That's actually more you.

It's literally your entire ego that seems to be focused on this forum.

Not to mention the multitude of crying and *****ing that I hear that has to do with this forum, its modding, its members, or something thereof.
    Now you're making **** up.

Quote Originally Posted by Valynor View Post
    That was half of my argument. Psycopaths aren't supermen though. They make just as many mistakes as anyone else. The incredibly smart ones don't, but the incredibly smart non-psycopaths don't either. There is nothing special about them.
    Ted Bundy was a psychopath *** serial killer ... He killed women and raped them for 8 years. He confessed to killing 30 but is suspected of killing more ... Now, he could do this for 8 years shows that he had a definite amount of skill and talent for the art. Yes, psychopaths do make mistakes but not during psych evals where they are expecting it to happen. If a person can kill and **** dead women can evade the police and the world for 8 years calls for some acknowledgement. Of course, it was a bad thing to do, but he did this for 8 years. Now, if that doesn;t make a man special, I don't know what does
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Evil View Post
    Aw, you shouldn't have.
    Don't you have a hole to die in?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Rasputin View Post
    Ted Bundy was a psychopath *** serial killer ... He killed women and raped them for 8 years. He confessed to killing 30 but is suspected of killing more ... Now, he could do this for 8 years shows that he had a definite amount of skill and talent for the art. Yes, psychopaths do make mistakes but not during psych evals where they are expecting it to happen. If a person can kill and **** dead women can evade the police and the world for 8 years calls for some acknowledgement. Of course, it was a bad thing to do, but he did this for 8 years. Now, if that doesn' t make a man special, I don't know what does
    Considering the number of unsolved murders* in the US and Canada, avoiding identification and arrest may not be such an unusual thing.

*source for US: http://www.npr.org/2015/03/30/395069...-go-unresolved
    For Canada, just google "missing and murdered sisters" for an example
    And now I'll tell you what's against us, an art that's lived for centuries. Go through the years and you will find what's blackened all of history. Against us is the law with its immensity of strength and power - against us is the law! Police know how to make a man a guilty or an innocent. Against us is the power of police! The shameless lies that men have told will ever more be paid in gold - against us is the power of the gold! Against us is racial hatred and the simple fact that we are poor.
    - The Ballad of Sacco and Vanzetti, Joan Baez

Quote Originally Posted by Meherrin View Post
    Considering the number of unsolved murders* in the US and Canada, avoiding identification and arrest may not be such an unusual thing.

*source for US: http://www.npr.org/2015/03/30/395069...-go-unresolved
    For Canada, just google "missing and murdered sisters" for an example
    Now this begs the question whether the psychopaths and killers are so smart or if North American police are incompetent ... Latter seems to make more sense ...
    Aw, you shouldn't have.

Ted Bundy was a psychopath *** serial killer ... He killed women and raped them for 8 years. He confessed to killing 30 but is suspected of killing more ... Now, he could do this for 8 years shows that he had a definite amount of skill and talent for the art. Yes, psychopaths do make mistakes but not during psych evals where they are expecting it to happen. If a person can kill and **** dead women can evade the police and the world for 8 years calls for some acknowledgement. Of course, it was a bad thing to do, but he did this for 8 years. Now, if that doesn;t make a man special, I don't know what does
    It makes him a freak, sure. But even if you consider his success impressive for some weird reason, that had to do with intelligence. Not the psycopath tag.

Quote Originally Posted by Valynor View Post
    It makes him a freak, sure. But even if you consider his success impressive for some weird reason, that had to do with intelligence. Not the psycopath tag.
    There is nothing weird about his success. A person who kills women and practices necrophilia afterwards doesn't deserve a psychopath tag? Man, you need to do some research
    Aw, you shouldn't have.

The point isn't whether or not Bundy is a psychopath.
    The point is if you accept that Bundy is a psychopath, and you accept that Bundy is intelligent, it does not follow that therefore all psychopaths are intelligent.
    In fact, psychopathy has not been shown to be an indicator of intelligence. What it has been linked to is an obsession with planning. This obsession with planning might mean that a psychopath could indeed plan to beat a psych evaluation, but only if they were actually aware of their condition before said evaluation.
    S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie (night shift) S5-r3 Tyche (night shift) S7-r3 Chuckles (night shift)
    S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country (day shift) S5-r7(AEU) Office Space S19-r2 (SE) The Joker

Quote Originally Posted by Tineren View Post
    The point isn't whether or not Bundy is a psychopath.
    The point is if you accept that Bundy is a psychopath, and you accept that Bundy is intelligent, it does not follow that therefore all psychopaths are intelligent.
    In fact, psychopathy has not been shown to be an indicator of intelligence. What it has been linked to is an obsession with planning. This obsession with planning might mean that a psychopath could indeed plan to beat a psych evaluation, but only if they were actually aware of their condition before said evaluation.
    I agree with you, completely. All Im saying is that most successful psychopaths are intelligent.
    Aw, you shouldn't have.

I agree with you, completely. All Im saying is that most successful psychopaths are intelligent.
    Right. The successful ones usually are. But psychopaths are not special by virtue of being psycopaths. It requires other things such as intelligence and patience for them to succeed.

I think you'll find that most successful people are intelligent (at least in the sense of being above-average relative to those around them), so I'm not sure why you are acting like this is some grand revelation.

-32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm

It could be because the rate of success (measured by seniority) is higher for psychopaths than non-psychopaths. CEOs of top companies have way more psychopaths than the general population. One in five by some counts (not saying I believe it). It doesn't mean they are smarter, but it DOES mean they are more likely to succeed. But that is because that part of society has valued some of their traits quite highly.
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    It could be because the rate of success (measured by seniority) is higher for psychopaths than non-psychopaths. CEOs of top companies have way more psychopaths than the general population. One in five by some counts (not saying I believe it). It doesn't mean they are smarter, but it DOES mean they are more likely to succeed. But that is because that part of society has valued some of their traits quite highly.
    Not so much "valued" but "allowed to thrive". I don't think any corporation likes internal backstabbing, deception, or other thing that contribute to hostile work environments. They would, however, be all for regarding people as numbers.