Thread: The Real Question

Default The Real Question

Quote Originally Posted by Mod Dark Tower View Post
    *Sigh*, I'm such an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    I'm not very bright.

You pay for the chef.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

You pay for the chef.
    The second guy, the $72 steak, won hands down.

That lady burned both steaks, the $48 one and the $306 one.

And the $306 steak was medium at best, almost no pink at all. She obviously hasn't been doing it long enough, cause her sense of touch sucks.

And the steak and eggs also looked amazing. I also love how the diner used other items to cushion the cost of the steak and eggs to keep it at a reasonable price. You rarely see anything like that anymore.

EDIT: And while I agree that you pay for the chef, the $306 steak was prime wagyu beef. I believe she said it was $25/ounce. My sister has friends who work at 5church, whose chef is Jamie Lynch. He gets his wagyu steak at $10/ounce and sells it at $15/ounce. So that 12 ounce steak in the video would cost him $120 (which is already more than the other two steaks sale price), then he'd sell it for $180. Still, much cheaper than her horrible cooking, and he's a much better cook.

Though, I've met Chef Jamie a few times, total *******. And he insists you refer to him as "Chef Jamie" whether you meet him on the street, or you're his friend.

EDIT2: He uses A5 Wagyu ribeye, which cost you $15/ounce in stores, look at that marbling:

Last edited by Sapient; 10-20-2016 at 02:33 AM.
    I'm not very bright.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapient View Post

And the $306 steak was medium at best, almost no pink at all. She obviously hasn't been doing it long enough, cause her sense of touch sucks.

And the steak and eggs also looked amazing. I also love how the diner used other items to cushion the cost of the steak and eggs to keep it at a reasonable price. You rarely see anything like that anymore.

EDIT: And while I agree that you pay for the chef, the $306 steak was prime wagyu beef. I believe she said it was $25/ounce. My sister has friends who work at 5church, whose chef is Jamie Lynch. He gets his wagyu steak at $10/ounce and sells it at $15/ounce. So that 12 ounce steak in the video would cost him $120 (which is already more than the other two steaks sale price), then he'd sell it for $180. Still, much cheaper than her horrible cooking, and he's a much better cook.

Though, I've met Chef Jamie a few times, total *******. And he insists you refer to him as "Chef Jamie" whether you meet him on the street, or you're his friend.

EDIT2: He uses A5 Wagyu ribeye, which cost you $15/ounce in stores, look at that marbling:

Well. It really comes down to what you can afford.

I don't really eat steak because it is too expensive, however steak and eggs is one of my favorite breakfast meals. (alot of places do that) $11 is a great deal also.

The 2nd steak is exactly the kind of steak I would eat if I could afford it.

The 3rd steak was NY strip which is not my favorite cut. But the price seemed very reasonable.
    The Wagyu is from the main supplier of Wagyu to the US, I've eaten the Miyazaki Ribeye many times. I prefer it more medium than medium rare to help render all of that fat. Also those steaks were not burned, they go into a 1200 degree broiler also. That is the intended purpose.

Now prices of the Wagyu.

You are comparing LA (Beverly Hills) to Charlotte.

You are also comparing NY strip to Ribeye.

Those are all big differences.

EDIT- The food cost on Jamie's Wagyu seems very off. He is only marking it up 1.5 times?

Quote Originally Posted by Foley View Post
    Well. It really comes down to what you can afford.

I don't really eat steak because it is too expensive, however steak and eggs is one of my favorite breakfast meals. (alot of places do that) $11 is a great deal also.

The 2nd steak is exactly the kind of steak I would eat if I could afford it.

The 3rd steak was NY strip which is not my favorite cut. But the price seemed very reasonable.
    The Wagyu is from the main supplier of Wagyu to the US, I've eaten the Miyazaki Ribeye many times. I prefer it more medium than medium rare to help render all of that fat. Also those steaks were not burned, they go into a 1200 degree broiler also. That is the intended purpose.

Now prices of the Wagyu.

You are comparing LA (Beverly Hills) to Charlotte.

You are also comparing NY strip to Ribeye.

Those are all big differences.

EDIT- The food cost on Jamie's Wagyu seems very off. He is only marking it up 1.5 times?
    Yeah, his menu said $15/oz minimum of 3 oz order
    I'm not very bright.

Dammit... Are you a chef or are you just overly analytical of things around you? ... OR ... (and this is the real question).. You're just bored and you don't have anything better to do than watch this video?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Evil View Post
    Aw, you shouldn't have.
    Don't you have a hole to die in?

Ovwr analytical, I guess?
    I'm not very bright.

Yeah, his menu said $15/oz minimum of 3 oz order
    You didn't bother to read everything else I said?

Chefs can easily be some of the most egocentric *** hats out there.

Quote Originally Posted by 5m4llP0X View Post
    Alot of respectable chefs prefer not to be called chef outside of the kitchen.

Gordon Ramsay ... Hands down ..
    Aw, you shouldn't have.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Rasputin View Post
    Gordon Ramsay ... Hands down ..
    Well, I guess there is this:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psycho...of_psychopaths
    Number 8 is impressive in things not to be proud of.

Well, I guess there is this:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psycho...of_psychopaths
    Number 8 is impressive in things not to be proud of.
    Im number 6 on the list .. I feel like a psychopath already .. Lmao ...

Number 8 ... Pedophiles everywhere ..
    Aw, you shouldn't have.

Im number 6 on the list .. I feel like a psychopath already .. Lmao ...

Number 8 ... Pedophiles everywhere ..
    So a higher concentration of them in your field. I can see why police have this issue, actually. After a very long time of seeing only scum of the earth you start seeing everyone that way. Add to that the complete lack of respect and high level of power they have in society and it makes sense that it would create such people. But why journalists?

So a higher concentration of them in your field. I can see why police have this issue, actually. After a very long time of seeing only scum of the earth you start seeing everyone that way. Add to that the complete lack of respect and high level of power they have in society and it makes sense that it would create such people. But why journalists?
    In my field of work, as much as boring as it is, it is oddly exiting ... You meet new people, learn their whole life history and what they do all the time ... It gives you a sense of superiority over the investigated one ... And once in a while , when their adrenaline spikes and want more of the excitement, boom ... They kill ... It is the ultimate emotional release knowing that you are the one who killed him and you are the one writing a story about the death and who killed him ...
    Aw, you shouldn't have.

The country with the world's longest official name

I can see why police have this issue, actually. After a very long time of seeing only scum of the earth you start seeing everyone that way.
    Or that having power and being allowed to use violence attracts psychopaths.

In my field of work, as much as boring as it is, it is oddly exiting ... You meet new people, learn their whole life history and what they do all the time ... It gives you a sense of superiority over the investigated one ... And once in a while , when their adrenaline spikes and want more of the excitement, boom ... They kill ... It is the ultimate emotional release knowing that you are the one who killed him and you are the one writing a story about the death and who killed him ...
    A...are you okay, Eric?

-32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm

Quote Originally Posted by Valynor View Post
    A...are you okay, Eric?
    A novel in the making or an existing psychopathic murderer? Hmmm, forum brain dump, or plot expansion coming?
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse-Keyboard View Post
    Or that having power and being allowed to use violence attracts psychopaths.
    Considering they're given a psych eval beforehand that kind of rules it out.

Considering they're given a psych eval beforehand that kind of rules it out.
    Psycopaths are masters of manipulation. It's not too tough to just lie on a psych eval.

A...are you okay, Eric?
    I am okay ... I would say I am pretty good at manipulation ... The amount of friends I've lost that way ... Countless .... And is another reason why I have the leadership role of the diplomat and the strategist in Travian ... I'm as close as one can be to a psychopath .. lol
    Aw, you shouldn't have.

Psycopaths are masters of manipulation. It's not too tough to just lie on a psych eval.
    The states that do required a certified psychologist likely have a higher success rate at weeding out that bull ****, but I doubt we hire a bunch of animal torture experts to protect our city.

The states that do required a certified psychologist likely have a higher success rate at weeding out that bull ****, but I doubt we hire a bunch of animal torture experts to protect our city.
    I doubt if shrinks or the cops can spot a psychopath ... They are very intelligent and can blend in really well ...
    Aw, you shouldn't have.

I doubt if shrinks or the cops can spot a psychopath ... They are very intelligent and can blend in really well ...
    You give them too much credit.

Dammit... Are you a chef or are you just overly analytical of things around you? ... OR ... (and this is the real question).. You're just bored and you don't have anything better to do than watch this video?
    I feel like this question can be better directed at Woden, Pox, and Rox and their menage a trois vomit fest.
    I'm not very bright.

I feel like this question can be better directed at Woden, Pox, and Rox and their menage a trois vomit fest.
    Sad that every topic isn't about you?

Sad that every topic isn't about you?
    Projection, much?
    I'm not very bright.

You give them too much credit.
    The Zodiac killer kept killing for 30 years until he was caught ... That is a long time and it shows just how skilled he was ...
    Aw, you shouldn't have.

The Zodiac killer kept killing for 30 years until he was caught ... That is a long time and it shows just how skilled he was ...
    There weren't people going door to door giving psych evals. The zodiac killer is irrelevant in this conversation.

There weren't people going door to door giving psych evals. The zodiac killer is irrelevant in this conversation.
    Bottom line is , psych evals aren't enough to spot a psychopath ... You will need to have exceptional skills as a profiler if you do hope of catching one ... Good psychopaths don't make mistakes that can lead to their demise ... Profilers make them make mistakes .... Psych evals are for serial killers , rapists and so on ...
    Aw, you shouldn't have.

Projection, much?
    That's why I asked you. We have one topic where we're debating whereas you're necroing threads and making new ones almost daily.
    Bottom line is , psych evals aren't enough to spot a psychopath ... You will need to have exceptional skills as a profiler if you do hope of catching one ... Good psychopaths don't make mistakes that can lead to their demise ... Profilers make them make mistakes .... Psych evals are for serial killers , rapists and so on ...
    They're for all of the above and I'm willing to bet the larger states who do have it as a requirement have a reasonable success rate, but considering not all states require one you could relocate there and take the exams. All I was saying is that I can see the job making people into such a thing.

We arent going to discuss the actual thread are we?

That was half of my argument. Psycopaths aren't supermen though. They make just as many mistakes as anyone else. The incredibly smart ones don't, but the incredibly smart non-psycopaths don't either. There is nothing special about them.

I read everything else, I just didn't have anything to add, I guess.

That's why I asked you. We have one topic where we're debating whereas you're necroing threads and making new ones almost daily.
    Yes, you're debating one topic ad nauseum across multiple threads. The horse is dead. The horse died months ago. At this point, it seems more of an intellectual circle jerk on who can come up with a more convincing argument about how their argument is intellectually superior juxtaposed to the other.

My daily new threads brings interesting new topics to a forum that's stuck in the monotony of feminism and the elections of two horrible candidates. My apologies to sticking a wrench in the gears of a slow and monotonous death to General chat.
    Last edited by Mod Deadpool; 10-23-2016 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Merged Double Posts
    I'm not very bright.

Yes, you're debating one topic ad nauseum across multiple threads. The horse is dead. The horse died months ago. At this point, it seems more of an intellectual circle jerk on who can come up with a more convincing argument about how their argument is intellectually superior juxtaposed to the other.

My daily new threads brings interesting new topics to a forum that's stuck in the monotony of feminism and the elections of two horrible candidates. My apologies to sticking a wrench in the gears of a slow and monotonous death to General chat.
    The feminist debate was only 2 topics you have like 60 other ones so don't give me this "across multiple threads" like it's being brought up everywhere. And how does necroing topics with "that's good" or whatever non-contributing crap you wish to spout actually revitalizing the forums? Next you'll try to claim your multiposting is actually for the better of the forum.

The feminist debate was only 2 topics you have like 60 other ones so don't give me this "across multiple threads" like it's being brought up everywhere. And how does necroing topics with "that's good" or whatever non-contributing crap you wish to spout actually revitalizing the forums? Next you'll try to claim your multiposting is actually for the better of the forum.
    I wasn't talking about the necroing. I'm speaking of new, different forum threads and topics.

The feminism debate is across two active threads. But it spans several threads over the past few months. And I specified two points of interest, not one. The other spans several threads on its own.
    I'm not very bright.

I wasn't talking about the necroing. I'm speaking of new, different forum threads and topics.

The feminism debate is across two active threads. But it spans several threads over the past few months. And I specified two points of interest, not one. The other spans several threads on its own.
    "**** culture" spans two TWO threads and the second one is dead. And I am speaking of the necroing and multiposting because it's more pointless spam that contributes nothing to the forum. Sucks that you're butthurt over 1 dead thread where the attention isn't focused on you, but you gotta understand that not everything HAS to be about you.

My apologies to sticking a wrench in the gears of a slow and monotonous death to General chat.
    A) Aegrescit medendo

B) You've really got an ego problem if you think necroing random threads is doing that.

The country with the world's longest official name

Quote Originally Posted by Woden View Post
    B) You've really got an ego problem...
    It's Sapient, what do you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse-Keyboard View Post
    It's Sapient, what do you expect?
    Toupé.