Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Congratulations Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Meherrin View Post
    Dan - you're frustrated. I get that. But at least you had a vote. You can lobby your local and state and federal officials. You can protest. You can at least do something that might resonate simewhere, because you are an American living in America.

What can I do that will be heard by anyone there? What can I do to protect my daughter and her two other mothers? What can I do to protect my niece's Hispanic immigrant fiance? What can I do to protect my former brother-in-law and his multi-racial family? What can I do to protect my many gay and lesbian friends? My friends who are minorities, who are poor and disabled (or have family members with disabilities) facing the loss of health care insurance?

It may be just a soapbox to you, but to me it's the ultimate in having no say at all in things which will affect me, my family, my friends, my country, my world. I feel helpless and frustrated and angry, and I'm sure you and many other Americans feel the same. But the difference us, it's your country, not mine. I have no rights there, but I still have to live with the consequences. And i'm tired of being told that my opinions about what the giant living next to me does to me and mine don't matter.
    And, again, all I referred to was someone's use of the word 'embarrassment.' No one said your opinion didn't matter. I'm not sure why you decided I was fair game, but I voted Jill Stein. My state voted for Shillary.
    It is not my fault. I voted for freaking Bernie, the one candidate that had an actual chance to beat Trump.
    Quote Originally Posted by gebne View Post
    St. Chak, glorious atelier, faithful servant and bearer of thong,
    the stain of the troll has caused you to be forgotten by many,
    but the true forum invokes you universally as the patron of things despised of;
    pray for me, that finally I may receive the alterations and the couture of thongs in all my fripperies, ornamentations, and trimmings,
    particularly those of purple hue, and that I may read Chak with the thong throughout Eternity.

Ok guys, STOP!

It's over and done with, and I'm getting VERY upset that friends, and now even apparently former friends are freaking the **** out. The same things are said after every election "Oh, the world's coming to an end" "I'm moving to another country" "Electoral votes suck". The list is endless. I have a friend that I respected very much delete any of his friends that voted for Trump. Not even knowing who I voted for, when I tried to lighten his mood with a comment, he unfriended me too. My respect for them suffered a major hit and I actually cried. (Y'all that know him, don't you DARE tell him that I cried!). Emotions are running high. PLEASE....everyone take a deep breath. I had the same feelings when Clinton won the first time. Guess what? We're all here, still alive. Trump is not going to walk around with the button in his hands. There is more than one single person that has control over that button. I'm tired of Americans and others calling half the other Americans stupid after every election. NO ONE IS STUPID FOR THEIR BELIEFS AND CONVICTIONS.

My personal opinion is that other countries have the right to voice their OPINIONS, but NOT name call. You do NOT live in this country. You have NOT experienced living here with little to no options. The American people did the best they could with what they were provided. Arguing after the fact, calling each other names, and fighting with people you've been friends with on this forum for years is what is STUPID. Jumping down others throats for their OPINIONS and beliefs is the worst kind of bigotry. This is a free country. If you can not respect our political process, nor Americans, why don't you leave until you can be rational? And those Americans fighting with each other, just STOP! We're all in the same boat, sink or swim.

It's breaking my heart to see people acting so childish as to toss friendships away over two of the biggest morons to walk the earth. You're proving yourselves to be no better than them. And if you want to move to stupid assed Canada, go for it. When your balls or tits freeze and fall off, remember it was your own rash stupidity that led you to that moment. Accept that you were never a true American and never had pride in your country and gtfo.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Chak View Post
    And, again, all I referred to was someone's use of the word 'embarrassment.' No one said your opinion didn't matter. I'm not sure why you decided I was fair game, but I voted Jill Stein. My state voted for Shillary.
    It is not my fault. I voted for freaking Bernie, the one candidate that had an actual chance to beat Trump.
    You're the one who said "Who CARES what anyone outside of the US thinks of us right now."

Not 'who cares what [specific person] thinks', or 'who cares if you think we shouod be embarrassed.'

'Anyone outside the US' includes me.
    And now I'll tell you what's against us, an art that's lived for centuries. Go through the years and you will find what's blackened all of history. Against us is the law with its immensity of strength and power - against us is the law! Police know how to make a man a guilty or an innocent. Against us is the power of police! The shameless lies that men have told will ever more be paid in gold - against us is the power of the gold! Against us is racial hatred and the simple fact that we are poor.
    - The Ballad of Sacco and Vanzetti, Joan Baez

Agreed. Bernie Sanders would have been the better choice,

Here's why:

In the states that were critical to Trump's win were Michigan, Wisconsin, Iowa, Ohio, and Pennsylvania. A belt of northern former industrial states, Trump's message of "make america great again" brings a thought of that great northern industrial nostalgia, a time when the people of those states had decent jobs, Trump's speeches of factories leaving to Mexico and then punishing the business owners that did so perhaps created a resounding effect to the populations of those states. Something that Hillary never touched on, Hillary's campaign was simply that Trump is evil and she is the lessor of the two - which is a sound platform on ethics, only it would only work if she had a legacy of ethics, to the industrial northern person Hillary was someone who was paid to give thousands of dollars by bankers to give speeches - at a time when people of Michigan were being foreclosed on by those same financial institutions. What image does that portray when in living memory, your home, your neighbors home, or homes in your community were being foreclosed on by banks that were hiring Hillary to give speeches - or otherwise donating to Hillary so she would remember their charitable contribution to her. An ethical person, or someone with enough empathy to notice the impact that these banks and financial institutions were having on the people of Michigan would have refused their money. Bernie, never took a cent from them.

Sanders won over Hillary in the primaries of Michigan, Wisconsin, and Iowa - states that have more democrats than republicans. It turned out that less republicans turned out for Trump than they did for Mitt Romney, but likewise the democrats in those states that outnumbered republicans did not turn out for Hillary. Sanders, having been very popular in those states, it would be reasonable to assume that he would have brought the democrats out in those states and beaten Trump.

A contraversial aspect of the democratic primaries was the use of superdelegates that overwhelmingly supported Hillary, along with sizable campaign finance, and outreach that waa supported by CNN and MSNBC, Sanders was not given the same limelight as Hillary nor Trump for that matter. Sanders had a message of economic reform, a reinvestment into america and a reluctance to enter into wars abroad. Hillary rarely spoke of economic issues, her message was in how racist and mysogynistic Trump was - it may be true, but in order to take the moral high ground one must be free of sin. Which is why cleverly Trump used the phrase 'crooked Hillary' which however trivial and silly, made a resounding disinterest in Hillary. In conclusion, she was the wrong candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by Woden View Post
    So, not even 24 hours after the election ended, and Trump's already picked a slew of business insiders and climate change deniers to appoint to important positions. Yeah, he's really taking power away from the insiders and supporting the middle class...

Still can't believe how many people were so damn gullible that they'd vote for him. The guy's easily one of the most dishonest politicians of the last two or three decades, minimum.
    NOT CONDONING THAT PIECE OF **** IN ANY WAY, but....
    -Democrats' cozy relationship with big banks
    -Democrats causing rift between themselves and working class
    -Massive billionaire donors
    -DNC sabotaging Bernie Sanders
    -Hillary Clinton Benghazi Incident
    -Hillary Clinton Email Fiasco
    -Bill Clinton Sex Rumors
    -Wikileaks Exposing Hillary Clinton / Emails
    -Hillary Clinton health scares
    -Hillary Clinton insulting voters
    -Hillary Clinton unable to be likable or relatable
    -Clinton Foundation accepting money from countries that uphold forced male guardians, killing gays, marital ****, and more horrendous things, while she claims to be a champion for these people who are regularly oppressed
    -Hillary Clinton claims she loves gay people, though her past says otherwise
    -Hillary Clinton lies about events like the sniper fire incident
    -Hillary Clinton bluntly panders to specific groups and comes off as fake
    -2/3 Presidential Debates are CLEARLY Skewed in Hillary's favor, making Hillary look like a snake and Trump look like an underdog
    -Security detail personnel, including secret service, have claimed Hillary is viciously rude, angry, and hateful when out of the public eye. (though some claims are disputed, people tend to believe it due to how unlikable she is).
    -Suspicions of her connection to numerous people dying who have wronged Hillary or threatened her in some way
    -Hillary Clinton represents the establishment, something Sanders and Trump spoke out about and rallied people against.
    Had the DNC at least played Switzerland in the primaries and she let things roll she very likely would have still been nominated and the Election would have ran differently. The Bernie supporters who refused to go Hillary, the disenfranchised who went independent, and the ones who just got sick of corruption in politics thanks to Bush and Obama would have been more likely to vote see Trump as the joke he really is.
    **** there isn't enough acholhol tonight.
    Edit: OooH! Rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Cisalpine View Post
    Ok guys, STOP!

It's over and done with, and I'm getting VERY upset that friends, and now even apparently former friends are freaking the **** out. The same things are said after every election "Oh, the world's coming to an end" "I'm moving to another country" "Electoral votes suck". The list is endless. I have a friend that I respected very much delete any of his friends that voted for Trump. Not even knowing who I voted for, when I tried to lighten his mood with a comment, he unfriended me too. My respect for them suffered a major hit and I actually cried. (Y'all that know him, don't you DARE tell him that I cried!). Emotions are running high. PLEASE....everyone take a deep breath. I had the same feelings when Clinton won the first time. Guess what? We're all here, still alive. Trump is not going to walk around with the button in his hands. There is more than one single person that has control over that button. I'm tired of Americans and others calling half the other Americans stupid after every election. NO ONE IS STUPID FOR THEIR BELIEFS AND CONVICTIONS.

My personal opinion is that other countries have the right to voice their OPINIONS, but NOT name call. You do NOT live in this country. You have NOT experienced living here with little to no options. The American people did the best they could with what they were provided. Arguing after the fact, calling each other names, and fighting with people you've been friends with on this forum for years is what is STUPID. Jumping down others throats for their OPINIONS and beliefs is the worst kind of bigotry. This is a free country. If you can not respect our political process, nor Americans, why don't you leave until you can be rational? And those Americans fighting with each other, just STOP! We're all in the same boat, sink or swim.

It's breaking my heart to see people acting so childish as to toss friendships away over two of the biggest morons to walk the earth. You're proving yourselves to be no better than them. And if you want to move to stupid assed Canada, go for it. When your balls or tits freeze and fall off, remember it was your own rash stupidity that led you to that moment. Accept that you were never a true American and never had pride in your country and gtfo.
    Beautifully spoken. And to reiterate what he said about the non-Americans opinion, worry about your own political corruption, let us worry about ours. Maybe, just maybe, if your country gave a little more worry to the status of its own independent sovereignty, you wouldn't have to worry about who is our president.
    Last edited by Espionage; 11-10-2016 at 06:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Espionage View Post
    Beautifully spoken. And to reiterate what he said about the non-Americans opinion, worry about your own political corruption, let us worry about ours. Maybe, just maybe, if your country gave a little more worry to the status of its own independent sovereignty, you wouldn't have to worry about who is our president.
    Do you have any idea of what my country, or any other country, actually does to maintain sovereignty? Or what I, or the citizens of any other country, are doing to maintain oversight on our governments?

At least the US hasn't sent troops into my country, yet (at least not in the last 100 years or so) . Other countries have not always been so fortunate.
    Last edited by Meherrin; 11-10-2016 at 07:51 AM.
    And now I'll tell you what's against us, an art that's lived for centuries. Go through the years and you will find what's blackened all of history. Against us is the law with its immensity of strength and power - against us is the law! Police know how to make a man a guilty or an innocent. Against us is the power of police! The shameless lies that men have told will ever more be paid in gold - against us is the power of the gold! Against us is racial hatred and the simple fact that we are poor.

The country with the world's longest official name

Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    Made the right choice, most of America agreed.
    You Voted for Clinton?

Calling my country "stupid-assed" isn't exactly the best way of promoting peace.

Nonethless, I acknowledge that I am upset, afraid, overwrought and probably overreacting to specific phrases that make general comments feel as though they are targetted at me, my country and those I love who are Americans.

Dan, I should not have directed my anger and frustration at you. It is the situation that unhinges me, and you accidentally hit on a phrase that triggered all my anger and feelings of helplessness. I apologise.
    Last edited by Meherrin; 11-10-2016 at 08:04 AM.

Made the right choice, most of America agreed.
    Actually, barely 47% of less than 50% of the country. Your man didn't even win the popular vote. So maybe what...20% of the country like him? Assuming that every single person that voted for him likes him. Which isn't the case, many just hate Clinton. So you'd be lucky if 20% of us Americans count as the least common denominator that would vote for a facist demagogue.
    Last edited by Valynor; 11-10-2016 at 08:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    Agreed. Bernie Sanders would have been the better choice
    yes the democrats failed him. I bet he would stole some current Trump supporters and would at least score a 10 million above Trump in the popular vote.

he wanted to change the election system. Democrat elites did not give him a chance!

Quote Originally Posted by Valynor View Post
    Actually, barely 47% of less than 50% of the country.
    at least 60% voted of those 47% voted trump so (1*.6*.47)100% = 28.8%

40% of Americans didn't care who rule them or just did not want to vote!
    Last edited by н-υ-п-т-ε-я; 11-10-2016 at 09:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Avicenna
    That whose existence is necessary must necessarily be one essence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumi
    What you are seeking is also seeking you.

-32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm

Quote Originally Posted by н-υ-п-т-ε-я View Post
    yes the democrats failed him. I bet he would stole some current Trump supporters and would at least score a 10 million above Trump in the popular vote.

he wanted to change the election system. Democrat elites did not give him a chance!

at least 60% voted of those 47% voted trump so (1*.6*.47)100% = 28.8%

40% of Americans didn't care who rule them or just did not want to vote!
    25.5% voted for Trump
    So you get a terrible outcome from 25% of the people getting their way.
    Internationally we got no say, and as Mehr says, we get to live with it anyway.
    25% of you voted for a firestorm. When you get it, remember you are the great democracy.
    Invoking godwins rule by proxy.

NO ONE IS STUPID FOR THEIR BELIEFS AND CONVICTIONS.

My personal opinion is that other countries have the right to voice their OPINIONS, but NOT name call. You do NOT live in this country. You have NOT experienced living here with little to no options.
    No, but it's fair to call it if your beliefs and convictions are misguided and cause you to do stupid things.

No, we don't live there, but looking in from outside does not stop us from seeing some things you probably don't. You get caught up in the braggadocio and rhetoric and are led like lambs into stupid decisions. If you stopped for 2 mins to think about it, you would realize that there is almost no chance that a trump presidency will make life better for the average Joe. It might happen, of course, but only if he backtracks on everything he's said, and changes the actions and priorities he has displayed for decades. Or, as I have previously predicted, the GOP take him out. Wait for it....

You do have some small chance at a better life. And that's because your economy is currently improving. If he does nothing at all, you will be better off next year on average. So maybe we should pray for him to go golfing. In between assaulting women, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Espionage View Post
    We do. But our corruption doesn't impact you much, whereas yours DOES impact us. So until donnie takes you in behind that wall and you totally lose your influence, put up with everyone who is affected having their say. You, at least, got a vote. We didn't.
    Last edited by Rokchick; 11-10-2016 at 10:04 AM.
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    So you get a terrible outcome from 25% of the people getting their way.
    about the same (200k more voters till now) voted for hillary.

you have to be 18-21 in most countries to be adult enough to vote...

once you can reproduce you are adult and you should choose your president! for the sake of not checking reproduction ability about 13yrs is adult buy assumed average!

but old liberals changed adulthood with 12 year school and stuff, old mistakes will come back at them

anyways ...

what happened is America chosen their president and the president would be a puppet of the lobbyist. they will allow him to do few of what he want for too much of what they want!

P.S. my political party does not exist I'm a simi-extremest-far-center

Quote Originally Posted by The Burninator View Post
    Dead and illegal voters don't count, and thrown away ballots should. It was a landslide.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

about the same (200k more voters till now) voted for hillary.

you have to be 18-21 in most countries to be adult enough to vote...

once you can reproduce you are adult and you should choose your president! for the sake of not checking reproduction ability about 13yrs is adult buy assumed average!

but old liberals changed adulthood with 12 year school and stuff, old mistakes will come back at them

anyways ...

what happened is America chosen their president and the president would be a puppet of the lobbyist. they will allow him to do few of what he want for too much of what they want!

P.S. my political party does not exist I'm a simi-extremest-far-center
    It was less than 20% all up.

But, hey, a big majority of old, uneducated, white men voted for donnie. That tells you something huh? And they thought terrorism (which kills fewer americans than toddlers do) and immigration (all of them are from immigrants) were the biggest issues. Sigh.

What about meeeeeeee

Dead and illegal voters don't count, and thrown away ballots should. It was a landslide.
    Based on the blazins special version of belief. System is rigged, regardless of who won. 80% of those I know voted for xxx, therefore, should have been a landslide. Nahuh. He scraped in because it's not real democracy.
    Last edited by Rokchick; 11-10-2016 at 10:31 AM.

Uneducated.. lol
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

Uneducated.. lol
    OK. I concur. I misspoke. Not highly educated.

for presidents who lost popular vote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...t_popular_vote

It was less than 20% all up.

But, hey, a big majority of old, uneducated, white men voted for donnie. That tells you something huh? And they thought terrorism (which kills fewer americans than toddlers do) and immigration (all of them are from immigrants) were the biggest issues. Sigh.

What about meeeeeeee
    yes and I think conservatives believes same to the liberal issues on abortion/LGBT/man-made global warming... they probably believe that these are minor issues that doesn't need to change.

politics is fighting over small things to make the ignorant public react to what they like and support it.

you have black lives matter ... isn't all life matter.

you have some lowest % of people from other races and gender for employment in a company but nothing for white men ... this makes some unjustified fear and fear makes problems.

In current america the politics is toward minorities ... ignoring some of majority would trigger anger and revolution against the system ... that's how Trump won ... get the old uneducated ignored white people from rural areas to vote for him ... and he did well

wait for the county map for vote distribution it is almost red ...

Four**

Not sure what you're saying. Dead people can't vote because they're dead and that's the official vote tally after all improper ballots were ignored. Like George W, Donald Trump will be our next president even though more people voted for his opponent than voted for him. This is just because the electoral college makes sure that rural states are overrepresented. (Why voters in Wyoming have roughly twice as much power as voters in California.)

I was just pointing out that you said something like "the majority of Americans voted for Trump," but that's just not the case. Even though she lost, Hillary Clinton got more votes than Trump did. In a good democratic system, the candidate with the most votes wins. *Shrug.*

2 out of the last 2 GOP regimes will now have been selected by a minority of voters. This will quickly become a crisis of democracy if it's not dealt with. Not because of who won -- just because it's so illegitimate. Trump got fewer votes than Mitt Romney. Just realize that -- more people voted for Mitt Romney than Trump or HRC. And we didn't let him be president.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_5jbZRz0mY

will that happens on january ...

well if Democrats want to come back on 2020 bring some populist candidate! otherwise a celebrity!

wait he was the same! but maybe a little more sensored I guess!

Quote Originally Posted by Lurk View Post
    Haven't plenty of non-Californians spent years calling for calexit anyway?
    Mostly just me, but now it seems to really be catching on in facebook land. This pleases me.

It's really difficult for America to compete in manufacturing,
    Then why are we still a world leader in manufacturing? We have a nominal GDP manufacturing output of 3.3M compared to China at 4.4M and Japan at 1.3M.

The issue isn't that we're not competitive, the issue is that those jobs won't come back at the same scale due to automation, which is why people voted for Trump.

Dan, I should not have directed my anger and frustration at you. It is the situation that unhinges me, and you accidentally hit on a phrase that triggered all my anger and feelings of helplessness. I apologise.
    I think what Dan was trying to say was that the American voter is almost as screwed as foreigners, because our own government doesn't listen to us either, even after we vote them in. Unless you enter the oligarchy level.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshyyy View Post
    There is some serious misquoting potential above.
    The rep system should be abolished.

Calling my country "stupid-assed" isn't exactly the best way of promoting peace.

Nonethless, I acknowledge that I am upset, afraid, overwrought and probably overreacting to specific phrases that make general comments feel as though they are targetted at me, my country and those I love who are Americans.

True. Again. I was upset seeing everyone I lubs on here fighting. I don't really think Canada is a stupid assed place. It's just irritating everybody talking about moving there and having no sense of patriotic pride than to jump ship at something they don't even know will be good or bad, just sour grapes. As much as I dislike Hillary, I certainly wouldn't move to another country before I even gave her a chance.

My daughter and I watched "celebrities" crying and carrying on last night. It was hilarious. California....this, the state that elected Arnold. Lolololol.

Every freaking foreigner in the world wants to pin this crap on every single American as if we each had a actual choice in what was happening, or a means to stop it. We didn't. We still don't.
    This. To any non-Americans here: If you aren't already familiar with it, look up our electoral college system, in particular the "winner-takes-all" part of it that most states (read: 48 out of 50, plus Washington D.C.) have.

I'll use Georgia as an example for this. We voted 51% for Trump, 46% for Clinton. Fairly even split, right? Except that, because of the damned winner-takes-all nonsense, Trump got all 16 of our electoral college votes despite that slim majority (the second smallest lead, in fact, of the last 20 years). Democrat voters in this state, like me, were completely disenfranchised from the presidential election: our votes counted for nothing outside the borders of our state, despite there being barely any less of us at the polls than there were Republicans.

And the worst part? There's nearly no political will to change this, since the party that benefits from it in each state is typically the same party that dominates the state's government. The only two that have any sort of proportional electoral vote, Maine and Nebraska, have so few electoral votes (4 and 5, respectively) that it doesn't matter.

for presidents who lost popular vote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...t_popular_vote
    And it's rather telling that they are all either pre-1900 or 2000 and later, and even of the pre-1900 elections, only one of them was similar to what's been happening in modern politics.

This is just because the electoral college makes sure that rural states are overrepresented. (Why voters in Wyoming have roughly twice as much power as voters in California.)
    Twice? Hah! If only it was just twice. They have 3.6 times the electoral voting power of Californians, as of 2014 population estimates.

[...] than to jump ship at something they don't even know will be good or bad
    As I pointed out earlier in the thread, the first thing he did upon finding out he won was to pick a climate change denier to head the EPA, and business insiders to head a bunch of other important regulatory posts. That's a terrible sign, and goes right along with what the anti-Trump crowd has been saying about him the whole time.

Am I moving? No. Am I worried as hell about what's going to happen to this country? Yes.

My daughter and I watched "celebrities" crying and carrying on last night. It was hilarious. California....this, the state that elected Arnold. Lolololol.
    why they are crying ... you have 4 years of comedy politics! like Bush the son ... in new way!

from Bush-ism to Trump-ism.

Uneducated.. lol
    Uhhh yeah. Demographics show that the uneducated voted for Trump, and the educated voted for anybody else. Face it: You voted for a populist who merely used fear and hatred to appeal to those without minds of their own.

The same things are said after every election "Electoral votes suck"
    Electoral votes are stupid.

NO ONE IS STUPID FOR THEIR BELIEFS AND CONVICTIONS.
    Not even flat-Earthers?

Quote Originally Posted by 5m4llP0X View Post
    -Massive billionaire donors
    Vote Trump to stop billionaires influencing government!
    Last edited by Mouse-Keyboard; 11-10-2016 at 03:53 PM.

Uhhh yeah. Demographics show that the uneducated voted for Trump, and the educated voted for anybody else. Face it: You voted for a populist who merely used fear and hatred to appeal to those without minds of their own.
    I know a good many educated and successful people who voted Trump. I don't know why everyone is so mad when the best competition offered up was Hillary. Blame Harry Reid, blame poor voter turn out, but don't call me uneducated, it isn't true.

Electoral votes wouldn't be an issue if they didn't clearly favor the less popular party. If it were rare that the electoral college overruled the vote I wouldn't care. But 2 out of the last 2 republican wins come from the electoral vote overruling the peoples' vote. That's 2x in the past 5 elections. It's like introducing a handicap -- democrat wins if and only if they get GOP votes + 3 million. GOP + 1 million? Sorry, no, we'll still make Bush president. You got 215k more votes than Trump? Too bad his votes counted more bro.

Cis does have a point -- it sounds like whining that it's rigged. But that's why it kinda matters that the last 2x that the Dems lost WAS because of that. It's not a one time thing.

But worse for Cis on this, in my opinion, is that there's just no justification. I believe that voters -- whether they voted for Trump or Hillary or whoever -- are equally valuable. How could I justify weighing Trumps or Hillarys votes more???

I know a good many educated and successful people who voted Trump. I don't know why everyone is so mad when the best competition offered up was Hillary. Blame Harry Reid, blame poor voter turn out, but don't call me uneducated, it isn't true.
    I didn't say you. I said that that was his main demographic. And that cannot be disputed. It is a fact that, in general, his demographic was white, uneducated males. Thats who decided the president. White, educated voters have voted Republican for 50 years. This year they voted Clinton.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse-Keyboard View Post
    Electoral votes are stupid.

Not even flat-Earthers?

Vote Trump to stop billionaires influencing government!
    No. I'm sorry. I just don't think people are "stupid" for their beliefs. Misguided, misled, brainwashed.....but that doesn't make them stupid, just ignorant.

I believe in the popular vote, not electorals. Popular would have had more of my chosen candidates for years. It's all a popularity vote either way, I just think EVERYONE'S vote should REALLY count.

Ooops. Forgot to go back to my regular account. Sorry
    ~Cis

Edit:
    I didn't say you. I said that that was his main demographic. And that cannot be disputed. It is a fact that, in general, his demographic was white, uneducated males. Thats who decided the president. White, educated voters have voted Republican for 50 years. This year they voted Clinton.
    I would like several reliable, non biased sources on this. You're basicslly calling half of American men uneducated considering how close the vote is. I also know a lot of highly educated, rational men that voted Trump. Sources please.
    Last edited by Mod Polecat; 11-10-2016 at 04:13 PM.

but don't call me uneducated, it isn't true.
    you have more than being called uneducated, chose from below:

sexist
    racist
    hater
    anti-LGBT
    xenophobic
    islamophobic

what else do democrats call trump?

in a liberal world you are either with them or they call you names.

Which American on this forum said they're moving to Canada? I haven't seen anyone post that here.

Fortuantely California's state regulations go beyond the EPA, however if an industry wanted to drill off California coasts I wonder if a Trump executive order could allow that. In which case, Californians would likely want to seperate.

As many in Silicone Valley have actually supported.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.the...?client=safari

OK. I concur. I misspoke. Not highly educated.
    But, hey, a big majority of young, uneducated(not highly educated), black men voted for Hillary.

That's racist though, isn't it.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbstokem View Post
    o ya. i hope he goes back to it. i liked my name being in some1's sig

Not sure what you're saying. Dead people can't vote because they're dead and that's the official vote tally after all improper ballots were ignored. Like George W, Donald Trump will be our next president even though more people voted for his opponent than voted for him. This is just because the electoral college makes sure that rural states are overrepresented. (Why voters in Wyoming have roughly twice as much power as voters in California.)
    Also because Clinton won huge majorities in California, DC etc, whereas Trump won lots of states by very small margins.

Which American on this forum said they're moving to Canada? I haven't seen anyone post that here.

Fortuantely California's state regulations go beyond the EPA, however if an industry wanted to drill off California coasts I wonder if a Trump executive order could allow that. In which case, Californians would likely want to seperate.

As many in Silicone Valley have actually supported.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.the...?client=safari
    Valynor, although to be fair I don't remember if he specified where he was immigrating to.

Valynor, although to be fair I don't remember if he specified where he was immigrating to.
    I said in the same post I wasn't serious.

It's world wide.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/10/us/pos...rnd/index.html

Who else predicted this would start happening?