Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Congratulations Donald Trump

Default Congratulations Donald Trump

So Hillary Clinton is not giving a concession speech and is instead telling her staff to search for voting irregularities that they can call attention to. If you voted for that hypocrisy, please follow through with your threat and move to Canada, or Australia, or any of the other countries mentioned as a "better" alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Espionage View Post
    So Hillary Clinton is not giving a concession speech and is instead telling her staff to search for voting irregularities that they can call attention to. If you voted for that hypocrisy, please follow through with your threat and move to Canada, or Australia, or any of the other countries mentioned as a "better" alternative.
    My wife legitmately wants to.

Quote Originally Posted by Valynor View Post
    My wife legitmately wants to.
    Are you considering letting her go?

Are you considering letting her go?
    I'm considering going with her. No not really. He can appoint justices and wage temporary war, but laws won't make it through the senate.

Okay, well, good luck in whatever country lies in your future.

I might have to, depending on which of his campaign promises he intends to keep.

Pink Floyd - The Wall comes to mind.

Seriously tho it should be very interesting to follow US politics (especially compared to UK politics) over the next few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Valynor View Post
    I'm considering going with her. No not really. He can appoint justices and wage temporary war, but laws won't make it through the senate.
    She wanted to wage just as much war.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod Dark Tower View Post
    *Sigh*, I'm such an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    I'm not very bright.

Hillary was a crook, you guys can thank me and Sap later when you realize Trump isn't what the media and dems made him out to be. MURICAH!!! **** YEAH!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

-32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm

Hillary was a crook, you guys can thank me and Sap later when you realize Trump isn't what the media and dems made him out to be. MURICAH!!! **** YEAH!!!!
    When you see him in meetings with Merkel or May, or even Turnbull. You must KNOW what they think of him. He will be an enormous embarrassment to all of you. All our diplomats are horrified. As are most of yours. How on earth do we deal with the US now?
    But again, yay, gold! He made me a couple of grand today.
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

California's backup plan is to create state institutions that resemble federal ones. Hopefully California can sustain itself independently.

move to Canada
    I think 2 hrs before Trump officially won the canadian immigration site got down, seriously America. that was so funny that was so hilarious
    Quote Originally Posted by Avicenna
    That whose existence is necessary must necessarily be one essence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumi
    What you are seeking is also seeking you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    When you see him in meetings with Merkel or May, or even Turnbull. You must KNOW what they think of him. He will be an enormous embarrassment to all of you. All our diplomats are horrified. As are most of yours. How on earth do we deal with the US now?
    But again, yay, gold! He made me a couple of grand today.
    See? People all over the world are already making money.
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

-32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm

See? People all over the world are already making money.
    Wars do that too.
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

Trump hasn't started any wars, what are you babbling about.

Trump hasn't started any wars, what are you babbling about.
    he started a war against the media and won! right?

They fired the first shot.

#Calexit

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    #Calexit
    why not become American Federation like Russia. oh wait according to media Russia is absolute evil

Quote Originally Posted by н-υ-п-т-ε-я View Post
    why not become American Federation like Russia. oh wait according to media Russia is absolute evil
    America is already has a Federal system. It's what the 'United' means in United States of America.

#Calexit would imply California leaving that federation of states and becoming a sovereign state.

America is already has a Federal system.
    why there is no federalist party

I would suggest that the republican divide into republicans and federalists

and about half of the democrats joins the liberated

#Calexit would imply California leaving that federation of states and becoming a sovereign state.

calling for the fall of the USA ... you want my support ... you got it!

but wait we need a multi-polar world, if the US fails BRICS will succeed hopefully not one country/power alone

America is already has a Federal system. It's what the 'United' means in United States of America.

That worked great for the south.

That worked great for the south.
    Haven't plenty of non-Californians spent years calling for calexit anyway?
    Qui tacet consentire videtur, ubi loqui debuit ac potuit.

[7:32 AM] Jason (Al Bundy raidslave): Who the **** loses an arti to 18 phalanx
    [7:32 AM] Old Timer US1: The same faction that loses one to 66 legos

Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    All our diplomats are horrified. As are most of yours. How on earth do we deal with the US now?.
    "Diplomats" who are just more of the same status quo of corrupt politicians taking money for favors for foreign governments? No thanks. And by the way, you don't deal with America. As has been the case for quite some time, America deals with the world. America wanted a man who threatened the entire system, their establishment. The media hates him (after they created him) liberals hate him, his own party hates him, wall street hates him, foreigners hate him, isis hates him...sounds like my kind of candidate. Turn the system on its head and see what happens. That's change I voted for.

Quote Originally Posted by н-υ-п-т-ε-я View Post
    why there is no federalist party

I would suggest that the republican divide into republicans and federalists

and about half of the democrats joins the liberated

calling for the fall of the USA ... you want my support ... you got it!

but wait we need a multi-polar world, if the US fails BRICS will succeed hopefully not one country/power alone
    There was a Federalist Party in America's early years. The nation became a federation and the party disintegrated.

The dems didn't do anything , they stood by while Trump ranted. And I'm sure we'll see what Trump does in the future. I predict that the world economy will fall and America will burn a few treaties here and there, make enemies out of allies ... Sombody will prank call Trump one day and tell him that China has a better wall, he'll lose it and WW3 has begun ... I'm just saying
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Evil View Post
    Aw, you shouldn't have.
    Don't you have a hole to die in?

"WW3" is one of those things that I don't know why anyone would fear.

Two reasons:
    A) The US is so overpowered that it would be dumb for anyone to challenge it militarily.
    B) http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/...20151110175308

Quote Originally Posted by The Burninator View Post
    "WW3" is one of those things that I don't know why anyone would fear.

Two reasons:
    A) The US is so overpowered that it would be dumb for anyone to challenge it militarily.
    B) http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/...20151110175308
    B) is the very reason I do fear it. Trump has indicated a willingness to use nukes offensively, and that should be downright horrifying to anyone of sound mind.

Trump is not as bad as most make him to be. Hillary wasn't as good as most make her to be. We were screwed any which way we went. We would have had war in our future any which way we went (except for Bernie).
    Speaking of which, a little over a year ago experts were putting forth that there was no way Hillary would be able to beat Trump in a race. They were right and the DNC didn't give a Where's Waldo. They could cheat to get Hillary to the top of the Democratic heap, but not against Trump.
    And to the Australian who is trying to embarrass the US because of who was elected, really, we had 12 years of Bush, 8 years of Clinton. We have no pride left to be harmed. Who CARES what anyone outside of the US thinks of us right now. Do you really think that's even worth mentioning with everything else going on?
    Quote Originally Posted by gebne View Post
    St. Chak, glorious atelier, faithful servant and bearer of thong,
    the stain of the troll has caused you to be forgotten by many,
    but the true forum invokes you universally as the patron of things despised of;
    pray for me, that finally I may receive the alterations and the couture of thongs in all my fripperies, ornamentations, and trimmings,
    particularly those of purple hue, and that I may read Chak with the thong throughout Eternity.

So, not even 24 hours after the election ended, and Trump's already picked a slew of business insiders and climate change deniers to appoint to important positions. Yeah, he's really taking power away from the insiders and supporting the middle class...

Still can't believe how many people were so damn gullible that they'd vote for him. The guy's easily one of the most dishonest politicians of the last two or three decades, minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Woden View Post
    So, not even 24 hours after the election ended, and Trump's already picked a slew of business insiders and climate change deniers to appoint to important positions. Yeah, he's really taking power away from the insiders and supporting the middle class...

Still can't believe how many people were so damn gullible that they'd vote for him. The guy's easily one of the most dishonest politicians of the last two or three decades, minimum.
    Man I just signed my lease for another year so I'm stuck in NYC for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Chak View Post
    And to the Australian who is trying to embarrass the US because of who was elected, really, we had 12 years of Bush, 8 years of Clinton. We have no pride left to be harmed. Who CARES what anyone outside of the US thinks of us right now. Do you really think that's even worth mentioning with everything else going on?
    Who cares? Well, It doesn't surprise me that Americans don't care.

You like to call yourselves the leaders of the free world, and try to make everyone outside your borders dance to your tune. You are so big and strong, with all your guns and bombs and money that you generally get your way no matter what it does to the rest of the world. But you don't care what the effects are, as long as you get what you want.

Your new President has the power to seriously affect the rest of the world, and not for good. But of course what the rest of the world thinks and says doesn't matter to Americans.

But yes, I think it's worth mentioning that his policies could put the world into another depression and sabotage any small hope of combatting global climate change. I think it's worth worrying about the potential for even more ill-considered use of even more powerful military force in unstable areas of the world. I think that global criticism of what America does is important, precisely because you as a nation have pushed so hard to be a "leader" of the world. You wanted the job, accept the responsibility.
    And now I'll tell you what's against us, an art that's lived for centuries. Go through the years and you will find what's blackened all of history. Against us is the law with its immensity of strength and power - against us is the law! Police know how to make a man a guilty or an innocent. Against us is the power of police! The shameless lies that men have told will ever more be paid in gold - against us is the power of the gold! Against us is racial hatred and the simple fact that we are poor.
    - The Ballad of Sacco and Vanzetti, Joan Baez

Gullible? Or scared stupid? This is what happens when your party continually beats you with Democratic fear sticks for years and years. They almost elected Sarah Palin and we didn't learn a Gump-damned thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Meherrin View Post
    Who cares? Well, It doesn't surprise me that Americans don't care.

You like to call yourselves the leaders of the free world, and try to make everyone outside your borders dance to your tune. You are so big and strong, with all your guns and bombs and money that you generally get your way no matter what it does to the rest of the world. But you don't care what the effects are, as long as you get what you want.

Your new President has the power to seriously affect the rest of the world, and not for good. But of course what the rest of the world thinks and says doesn't matter to Americans.

But yes, I think it's worth mentioning that his policies could put the world into another depression and sabotage any small hope of combatting global climate change. I think it's worth worrying about the potential for even more ill-considered use of even more powerful military force in unstable areas of the world. I think that global criticism of what America does is important, precisely because you as a nation have pushed so hard to be a "leader" of the world. You wanted the job, accept the responsibility.
    Yeah, over-react and completely misunderstand my statement. Way to go. I'll just assume that you are representing all of Canadia with your statement.
    A poster said we as Americans should be embarrassed of Trump, Meherrin. That, and only that, is what my response was to. Get off of your soap box, because you're up there for a misunderstood reason.
    Don't care what the effects are... you don't live my life. You know little to NOTHING about my life, so keep your stones in your own yard.
    Every freaking foreigner in the world wants to pin this crap on every single American as if we each had a actual choice in what was happening, or a means to stop it. We didn't. We still don't.
    We are caught in the same gears that are grinding up the rest of the world.
    pray for me, that finally I may receive the alterations and the couture of thongs in all my fripperies, ornamentations, and trimmings,
    particularly those of purple hue, and that I may read Chak with the thong throughout Eternity.

Yep, the majority of us are morons, and you are the smart one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Chak View Post
    as if we each had a actual choice in what was happening, or a means to stop it. We didn't.

Made the right choice, most of America agreed.

Burn, if you think Hillary wouldn't be as bad as Trump, you're blinding yourself. I didn't vote for either of those warhawks. I voted for Jill Stein.
    We were screwed. The two worst possible candidates put up for grabs. Hillary has been hated since the 90s by both Republicans and others. She was, without a doubt, the worse possible candidate to go up against Trump. I cannot possibly say this strong enough. Look at history and how utterly hated she has been. I don't give a darn whether she deserves it or not at this point.

If your candidate cannot beat a misogynistic, racist, no-experienced, daughter-lusting gas bag, what the heck does that say about your candidate?

Made the right choice, most of America agreed.

Dan - you're frustrated. I get that. But at least you had a vote. You can lobby your local and state and federal officials. You can protest. You can at least do something that might resonate simewhere, because you are an American living in America.

What can I do that will be heard by anyone there? What can I do to protect my daughter and her two other mothers? What can I do to protect my niece's Hispanic immigrant fiance? What can I do to protect my former brother-in-law and his multi-racial family? What can I do to protect my many gay and lesbian friends? My friends who are minorities, who are poor and disabled (or have family members with disabilities) facing the loss of health care insurance?

It may be just a soapbox to you, but to me it's the ultimate in having no say at all in things which will affect me, my family, my friends, my country, my world. I feel helpless and frustrated and angry, and I'm sure you and many other Americans feel the same. But the difference us, it's your country, not mine. I have no rights there, but I still have to live with the consequences. And i'm tired of being told that my opinions about what the giant living next to me does to me and mine don't matter.
    And now I'll tell you what's against us, an art that's lived for centuries. Go through the years and you will find what's blackened all of history. Against us is the law with its immensity of strength and power - against us is the law! Police know how to make a man a guilty or an innocent. Against us is the power of police! The shameless lies that men have told will ever more be paid in gold - against us is the power of the gold! Against us is racial hatred and the simple fact that we are poor.
    - The Ballad of Sacco and Vanzetti, Joan Baez

And Trump's ideas to make 'America Great' are quite the same old strategies. He will lower taxes and deregulate environmental standards. In combination of punishing manufacturers that build abroad.

It's really difficult for America to compete in manufacturing, when assembly plants in latin america, asia, and the caribbean can pay their workers very low wages and often have no regulations regarding the environment - assembly plants in latin america tend to emit gross pollution of industrial waste ( I've witnessed them firsthand) another thing that entices manufacturers to go to places like Mexico is that they are not obliged to develop the land around the factory. - In the U.S., states tend to place the condition on developers that if they were to build a factory they must also build housing. In latin america that condition often doesn't exist and workers are often made to build their own homes of varying quality - often without proper drainage, or sanitation. So, American workers would need to compete with the lowest of conditions, if worker standards were kept higher as environmental standards then the consumer price of goods would be higher (personally I wouldn't mind paying a higher price for goods produced with high worker and environmental standards). In any case, if Trump can bring manufacturing back without sacrificing standards, then power to him, Obama's strategy was to bail out the auto industry to keep them in Michigan - which has worked, Trump is actually suggesting punishing them - which I'm unaware of either party doing that so far.

What concerns me is possibility of Trump enabling more fracking, off shore drilling, drilling in Alaska, and use of coal and using federal funds to expand these methods. All are detrimental to the environment and has health risks to people and wildlife. We have the technology to expand electric power vehicles, including shipping vehicles and buses. We have the technology to essentially turn natural gas from sewage into energy by ionizing methane, which is a renewable source that produces more energy than wind or solar and does so without burning the fuel. Image if every city and community transfered their sewage into energy? Whereas today most sewage is just treated and dumped.

And finally, climate change as a phrase seems innocent, in description among other things climate change entails the earth getting warmer via emissions, this leads to the melting of the glaciers in places like the artic and greenland, the ice that is melted will in turn raise the sea level and effect coastal cities, especially those below sea level where much of the global population lives.

edit:
    link to how waste water (sewage) is converted to electricity:
    https://www.socalgas.com/smart-energ...ies/point-loma

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sewage_waste_energy
    Last edited by Summer; 11-10-2016 at 02:40 AM.